Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #31
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post
I finished reading your last TR late last night. You family is so much like ours it is crazy, except we have three girls and one boy. Our youngest has meltdowns at Disney too, but we are starting to think it may be something more than just meltdowns. He is getting tested right now.

I loved that you loved the BWI and you are also a normal family. Because we just changed our reservations for May and we are booked Deluxe CL at the BWI for 8 nights. The one thing that I was afraid of is that we are 'very' normal people, we don't do designer anything (probably wouldn't be able to tell you if something was designer... ) and that was what I kept picturing. It just looks so fancy.

So long story short, I'm here.
welcome! I am very glad my son's meltdown were nearly nil this trip verses the last one. And even since the trip they've almost eliminated.. he's growing up :-)

BWI looks fancy but have no fear..you will be fine. We are uber normal and yeah I am not a label person so forget designer...lmao.. you are gonna love it!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #32
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Awesome!! I had told DH I was afraid that the kids would break something. Not that my kids are monsters. They are actually pretty well behaved especially in public. But that comes with teaching kids manners and the like. lol Not sure some parents still remember what those are.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #33
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post
Awesome!! I had told DH I was afraid that the kids would break something. Not that my kids are monsters. They are actually pretty well behaved especially in public. But that comes with teaching kids manners and the like. lol Not sure some parents still remember what those are.
not much they can really.. everything is behind glass..lol

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #34
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone had a great Holiday season! I'm now I think 249 days out.. which means ADR is creeping up on us. My Grandson is due in 5 weeks and life with drastically change. Declan and I are going to start planning out our days and meals soon so once the baby is here ( they will be living with us 2/3 of the week) it doesnt get forgotten..lol

Oh here's a pic of my 4 right before Christmas :

Old 01-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #35
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Ok my 11 year old and I hammered out our ADR's:
Boma Dinner,HDDR Dinner, Ohana dinner,Chef Mickeys breakfast, Whispering Canyon Dinner,Cape May Dinner,1900 Park Fare dinner,Garden Grill Dinner,Trex lunch?, Be Our Guest Dinner,San Angel Inn lunch, Mama Melrose dinner and we still have one more to pick!

Old 01-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #36
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

Great ADR choices!! I'm trying to get ours narrowed down - we arrive at POR 8/19!!

And the Christmas picture of the kids is great! Did they all close their eyes on purpose? They look so cute!

(Me) (DH) (DS21) (DS17) (Jill) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
pattyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #37
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyw View Post
Great ADR choices!! I'm trying to get ours narrowed down - we arrive at POR 8/19!!

And the Christmas picture of the kids is great! Did they all close their eyes on purpose? They look so cute!
Good luck. I took about 30 pictures and that was just my favorite because they all got so silly..even the 18 year old..lol

Old 01-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #38
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Just found my reservation receipt for my 2000 trip to Disney...moderate resort.. standard view $124 a night before taxes. People always say how much more expensive it is now.. I'm paying $174 or 191 a night now.. 13 years later.. IMO not that bad of a price increase. Only thing I liked better back then was your first night rate was locked in for the whole stay..so you paid the same no matter what night..

Old 01-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #39
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Following along. We are at pop for 14 nights. We also booked bounce back. We are on the verge of upgrading to a moderate but the extra 1000.00 seems a bit steep. I should just get over it. But that is our spending money as well. Choice choices.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #40
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Following along. We are at pop for 14 nights. We also booked bounce back. We are on the verge of upgrading to a moderate but the extra 1000.00 seems a bit steep. I should just get over it. But that is our spending money as well. Choice choices.
Totally understand..for us it was 1 room or 2..1 being cheaper at POR over 2 and a dining upgrade at POP

Old 01-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #41
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I haven't been on these boards much since my August 11 TR, but we've got another August trip planned now so I'm back. I was going through my TR looking to catch up with everyone, so glad to see my fellow "meltdown kid" mom is planning another trip.

I've never booked this early either, but at least it's January, only a few weeks away from ADR time. I can't even book my airfare yet which is freaking me out a bit.

Very happy to hear that the meltdowns have subsided. I am hoping for the same result, but the kid is still moody so we'll see.

beebeeryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #42
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
I'm in! I haven't been on these boards much since my August 11 TR, but we've got another August trip planned now so I'm back. I was going through my TR looking to catch up with everyone, so glad to see my fellow "meltdown kid" mom is planning another trip.

I've never booked this early either, but at least it's January, only a few weeks away from ADR time. I can't even book my airfare yet which is freaking me out a bit.

Very happy to hear that the meltdowns have subsided. I am hoping for the same result, but the kid is still moody so we'll see.
Taejan has grown up even more since this trip and I have confidence meltdowns are a thing of the past with him.. good luck!

Old 01-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #43
denisea51
Mouseketeer

Just finished reading your last TR and enjoyed it very much. We are going in Sept (first time for that month) and staying at BWI CL, so I was glad to hear you enjoyed staying there. We booked room only(to get CL) early but was wondering if/when FD offers will be available for Sept? Any input? Denise
Old 01-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #44
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in! Were going in June!
MelMel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #45
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisea51 View Post
Just finished reading your last TR and enjoyed it very much. We are going in Sept (first time for that month) and staying at BWI CL, so I was glad to hear you enjoyed staying there. We booked room only(to get CL) early but was wondering if/when FD offers will be available for Sept? Any input? Denise
gonna say it was just before the 180 day window last year. No guarantee it will come out though. From what Ive read the bounceback this year is for a % off thus far NOT FD.. I am so glad we booked the BB in September!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: