Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Yes we are leaving our kids at home!A PTR update 6/22

Well hello there!!

We are officially leaving our kids at home, and going to the World......again!

So to start heres the Cast.......

Oh ewwwwwwww..... sorry maybe not such a gross one my son says!

Ok this is me Monkey 30 aka Erin. Stay at home mom, and Air Cadet officer

Favorite Character: Hmmm I don't really have one!
Favorite Princess: Belle
Favorite Movie: Beauty and the beast, however Aladdin is a close 2nd!
Favorite Attractions: MK- POTC DHS- RRC Epcot- I don't really have one here! AK- safari!

and This is my DH, Chad. He is a supervisor at a local Pipe coating plant.

The one in the middle needs no introduction!

So our original plan was to get away to DLR for about 4-5 days, before my AP expires. We wanted to splurge and do a few nights at the Grand Califonian.

That all changed with free dinning, we decided to go to a moderate (have always done value) and enjoy a whole week, just the 2 of us. AGAIN!

What was that you asked, again? Well in Jan 2012 we decided to do a get away week, just the 2 of us. We have always tried to get away somewhere just us once a year, but one time we came home with a little extra present, so that plan had to be put on hold a few years! So that enters our 3 sons. yes I said 3 boys! I am very out numbered at home!

This is the oldest Ethan he is 10 going on 20! He turned 10 during our last family trip to DL

Next up is our adorable little red! Logan is 8, and a character all his own.

Last but not least is Carson he is our trouble maker and mexico trip surprise!

They will be in this PTR more then once I am sure, and maybe a mention on the actual trip here and there! They really are a great trio of kids, and one can only imagine the fun we have!

Now onto the plans!
We are taking a midnight flight to Toronto, and then onto Orlando. We will Be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter.
Doing the FD and then back home in the evening the following week! YAY!

I will continue more of our plans in a bit mom duties call and I have to take the little one to an appt!!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013

Last edited by monkey30; 06-22-2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: adding info
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
monkey30

A few Plans!

So now onto some plans!

Chad and I have been to WDW 4 times, I have done DLR 4 times (chad 3). We have done the rides, and the main stuff, so this time we want to concentrate on enjoying the little details and take our time through the parks.

First is the list of ADRs. With the moderate FD we have 1 CS and 1TS a day, there are a few must do places to eat. Some not to worried about!

So here is the list
Sunday

Tonys for Supper @MK, this is the day we arrive at 1pm after traveling all night, so I am thinking a nap will be in order then taking advantage of EMH there.

Monday

For breakfast we picked 1900 Park Fare @ GF. I wanted a character breakfast that was different and this seemed like a cool place, and meet maybe some more face characters.

who knows where we will end up eating lunch, depends on what park we choose to do this day! Maybe Epcot. But Dinner will be at Ohana. We loved it on the last trip. I can hardly wait!

This is us in jan 2012

Tuesday

This is a busy day, we were hoping to do 4 parks in 1 day, but thinking that will not happen now that we have bought tickets to MNSSHP!
Today we will eat at the Garden Grill for a little more character fun! Chip and Dale are DHs favorite ones so we are looking forward to them!

Wednesday

We have always wanted to try Kouzzinna, I love Cat Cora on the different Food netwok shows, so to eat here will be amazing!

Thursday,
We have booked and paid out of Pocket for Hoop Dee Do, we decided we needed to treat ourselves after a very long year and that we deserved it!

Friday is our last full day in the parks and we have reservations at 50's Prime time. I am still a little worried about this, as I am not sure I want my 'mom' telling me what to do!

Saturday
We have nothing booked, but will use up any remaining CS credits and hit a park (usually DHS!) before we catch our 5pm flight home.
[/SIZE]

I can hardly wait to try some new food! Last trip we were into some great CS, by far my faves are Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, and Wolfgang Express in DTD.
I love the cupcakes! and will put a few different pictures from past trips throughout this PTR!

MMMMM Cupcakes!! This one was at Sunshine Seasons in 2012!

DL Trip Report 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

In!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
monkey30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
In!
Welcome!!
I have never really done this before, but will continue though out the summer! only 95 days left!

DL Trip Report 2012
Old 06-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
katt789
DIS Veteran

Hi! Told ya I'd pop over here

What're the dates you'll be there? Is the MNSSHP the one on the 13th?!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
monkey30

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Hi! Told ya I'd pop over here

What're the dates you'll be there? Is the MNSSHP the one on the 13th?!
We will be doing the one on the 10th. Hoping to be at DHS for the villian party on the 13th.

We are there at 1pm on the 8th and leave at 5pm on the 14th.

DL Trip Report 2012
Old 06-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #7
glaserjm
DIS Veteran

Fun trip! It's just DH and I, so we're always doing the couple thing when we're there and we love it! WDW is seriously a great place to go for kids, adults and everything in between!

It is actually really romantic to walk through the World Showcase at night and see the sights. I highly recommend making it over to Epcot for Food & Wine while you're there...many of the items can be purchased as snack credits. I think you'll love it!

glaserjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

How fun! Joining in ~!
Your plans sound wonderful, boy you have some cute kiddos!
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
monkey30

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaserjm View Post
Fun trip! It's just DH and I, so we're always doing the couple thing when we're there and we love it! WDW is seriously a great place to go for kids, adults and everything in between!

It is actually really romantic to walk through the World Showcase at night and see the sights. I highly recommend making it over to Epcot for Food & Wine while you're there...many of the items can be purchased as snack credits. I think you'll love it!
Thanks for joining in! We do enjoy going just the 2 of us. I have no idea how I am going to make it through all these ADRs without going... 'shhh eat your dinner, no you can't go play under the table!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
How fun! Joining in ~!
Your plans sound wonderful, boy you have some cute kiddos!

Thank you! They are great kids even when they drive me insane!

DL Trip Report 2012
Old 06-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #10
monkey30

real life!

So a bit of a real life update.

Things have been crazy busy lately. I had the Jamboree festival/fair thing here in town, where the cadets had a tent. So spent the weekend there, in uniform. It was fun though.

Then this week was all kinds of CRAZY! We had our final parade for the cadets on Thursday night and all the things leading up to the week getting prepped for it. Friday I spent my day with Logans grade 2 class at the local railway museum. That was a lot of fun. Then last night I did the volunteering for the soccer tournament here in town. Its really neat 120 teams come, and they play under the lights until 1am! So i am beat!

Our hot tub also came Thursday, so we are all super excited about that! It sure was nice to come home at midnight and have a soak before bed last night!

Carson checking it out as it was being all set up!

Tonight is a BBQ at a fellow officers house for us staff and families. So I am attempting my fist try at corm bread! So far so good! I am going to keep on baking though!

DL Trip Report 2012
Old 06-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #11
monkey30

more PLANS!

Sunday

So really our adventure starts the night before as we take the red-eye to Toronto, have a lay over then down to Orlando. So the whole journey from the first airport to the last will be 12hrs, due to connections! This is fine for me as long as I can get ome sleep before we go, and maybe nap (ya right I don't do well on planes and such for sleep!) on a flight.

Once we land at 1pm at MCO hoping we will just jump on ME and ride to POFQ. It can happen right?

After checkin, we are also thinking our room should be ready or close to it, even if we are a few hours early, so we can now have a nap!

After some much needed shut eye, to avoid the growly rude person that may emerge out of me, we will get ready and head to MK. We have never eaten at Tony's, but have a 7:30 ADR there, so that will give us plenty of time to rest, then hop a bus.

After having an amazing meal (probably steak for me and chicken for DH!), it will be off to do some of our favorite rides in MK. With it being EMH this day, we will have till 1am to explore!

I want another picture similar to this...

It really is a classic! Makes me really want to do the PP+ on this trip, as I am sure we will get lots of great poses.

Monday

Well after the late night at MK, and being 2 time zones ahead we decided to have a late ADR for breakfast. Fuel for the day ahead. So we will be at GF for 1900 Park fare breakfast! I have heard both good and bad things about this but I figured there is a lot of great characters, so a great place to meet them all! Really hoping Mary Poppins will be there. You never know right!

Then after, we hadn't decided, maybe take a trip over to AK and stroll around there. Maybe get a FP for EE and get some great pictures.

of course do the safari, and then the other thing we have to do is pick the gorillas nose..... I mean go see bugs life! Come on have you never wanted to get this picture?

Another must do is Lion King of course. I have not seen this show since 2008. I may even ride Dinosaur somewhere along the way. I ment to in Jan 2012, but after riding EE 3 times in a row, I was not in the shape to even sit in the car on the way back to the resort. Apperently my body does not recover like it use to! That was the start of our AK day, so we had done RD and still were out of the park by 11am. Not my best day!

Who knows what the time will be, but we may have time to go over to either epcot, or DHS before our ADR at Ohana. We may even end up back at the resort for a swim or hot tub before dinner. Going to try and make it a bit earlier back to the resort this night as the next day will be a long one!

DL Trip Report 2012
Old 06-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #12
ILGoofy
Mouseketeer

I'm in!

I like French Quarter, but I'm not a fan of their food court. It's so tiny and it feels like a warehouse. Riverside has a much nicer atmosphere.

I love love love Hoop-Dee-Doo! They startle me every time they slam the buckets on my plate even though I expect it. Spoiler alert?

The idea of 50s Prime Time scares me. I hate vegetables and I feel like I'd be trapped in the restaurant for the whole day because I won't eat them.

ILGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #13
monkey30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILGoofy View Post
I'm in!

I like French Quarter, but I'm not a fan of their food court. It's so tiny and it feels like a warehouse. Riverside has a much nicer atmosphere.

I love love love Hoop-Dee-Doo! They startle me every time they slam the buckets on my plate even though I expect it. Spoiler alert?

The idea of 50s Prime Time scares me. I hate vegetables and I feel like I'd be trapped in the restaurant for the whole day because I won't eat them.
This is a first for us at a Mod, I am sure it will be great. Hmmmm small food court is not as good, but as long as I can have my tea and DH his coke in the morning we r good.
I love veggies, so that should be fine, it's the elbow factor!

HDDR is new for us, I am looking. Forward to and the drinks!

Thanks or joining in.

DL Trip Report 2012
Old 06-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #14
monkey30

Keeping with the Plans!

S
o this day should be full of fun. After Ohana the night before we are hoping that we get a good sleep, and can endure the long day ahead! First stop I think is DHS!

Of course we have to go here

Have to get FP and then ride it! YAY

Depending on when our FP is for, we may decide to head over to Star Tours, maybe these guys will be out!

Look at those glasses! gotta love them!

I am hoping then it will be time for those FP to be used at TSM

Maybe a snack along the way........ Love Starring Rolls. I had this one last time we were there I could not finish it, but it was very very yummy!

I also had this wonderful sandwich, but I am thinking that it maybe to early in the morning at this point for something that big!

So where are we heading you ask? Of course to this wonderful ride!
[IMG][/IMG]

I love RnR there is nothing better then upside down in the dark with Areosmith blasting your ears! Well maybe there is but I do love this ride.

Next will be

All along this we need to be searching for pictures of Hidden Mickeys, we want to keep track of them and see how many we can find. We have never really looked, so it should be fun! I have to get the hidden Mickey book for a summer read I think!

After all of this it will be time to relax do some wondering around, people watching and figuring out what we are going to do for the afternoon. We have a early ADR at Garden grill, so maybe back to the resort for a rest and swim.

Then to Garden Grill for supper! Super excited! Chads fave characters are Chip and Dale, so this Character meal is perfect.

He is going to hate these pictures!!LOL

NEXT is MNSSHP! so on the monorail and over to MK!We went in 2008 with my Mom, and 2 sons (#3 was not born till 2009!). Its was such a great time I really enjoyed it, and will know Mom is there with us on this trip in spirt.

Here are a few of my Favorite pictures from that party!

Man the Boys were so small!!

So that winds up Tuesdays plans!

DL Trip Report 2012
Old 06-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #15
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

Your plans look awesome! Your boys are so adorable but wow they must really keep your hands full!

We had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in January and we really enjoyed it!

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: