Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #106
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
We go to see Air Supply for the Eat to the beat concert. Frank and I went to the California Grill for the 1st time this past trip and absolutely loved it. I had the lobster appetizer and Frank has some kind of sushi, for dinner I had the fillet and it was cooked perfect. This is must or just Frank and I, not someplace I would take the kids to.
Jim would have gone down just for Air Supply, one of his favorites. I would like to try and get Jim to try Cali Grill but he is a very non-adventurous eater. He eats no seafood other than canned tuna. He might like the flatbreads though. I will have to wait and see what the menu looks like after the refurb. I want the December trip to be a nice pleasant couples trip as we will have no kids or grandkids with us. Of course that could always change. He likes having the grandkids with us.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #107
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Okay caught up again.

Your alone time in Epcot you did a lot. I hated missing Boyz II Men but pool and relaxing won.

Oh that flat bread looks so good that I want it now.

I love eating there for the food and fireworks. I hope it is still good after the refurb.

That stirrer really looked like a straw so I thought it was. It was really funny. So embarrassed.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #108
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Okay caught up again.

Your alone time in Epcot you did a lot. I hated missing Boyz II Men but pool and relaxing won.

Oh that flat bread looks so good that I want it now.

I love eating there for the food and fireworks. I hope it is still good after the refurb.

That stirrer really looked like a straw so I thought it was. It was really funny. So embarrassed.
I did get a lot done by myself. It was really nice to have a little time alone not that I didn't enjoy being with you all.

It did look good. I was a little sorry I didn't get it after seeing it.

I will wait and see what the menu brings after the refurb before I decide if I want to go there again.

The stirrer thing was really funny and it did look like a straw. And it gave me the laugh I needed to day remembering it.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #109
tazdev3225

DAY 5 begins

This was actually a late day for me. I didn't get up til after 7. I wasn't feeling great and hadn't really slept well. My ankle was swelling and causing me some pain all night which was upsetting my stomach. I grabbed a shower and wandered the resort a bit. By the time I got back I was feeling a little better and Kristel was ready to go, We stopped at the food court on the way to the bus stop. I still wasn't hungry so I got a chocolate croissant for later in the day. I'm not sure what Kristel got, a muffin or a danish.

We were headed to the MK first. We both wanted to do a little shopping at the Emporium. I was on a mission to find a shirt for my daughter. Why she didn't get it in august I don't know. I had a great description to go by. It's blue and may have stripes and possibly princesses. Believe it or not I found it. It was more like grey, had no stripes but it did have princesses on it. Kristel got a few things she was looking for and we were off.

MK as we entered

I have never been in Casey's Corner but I wandered through

I loved all of the baseball stuff. I coach t-ball and was an assistant coach on my grandsons team this year. He is an awesome player. Not a sad face though but I have to brag about my grandson. He is 14 and I have gone to all of his games since he was 4. He was a catcher until this year and very good. He can also play most infield positions and the outfield. He has always wanted to pitch so this year he did. He throws a 70+ mile an hour fast ball and has one pitch that stops players dead in their tracks. His ERA was .66 which is really good. He can also switch hit. I have told him to use his talent and get a good education but there is always a chance that he could go further. We joke about it but if he ever makes the pros, the Phillies of course, he is buying a DVC membership wherever I want that I can use whenever I want. One can dream.

OK I'm back to reality. Kristel and I finished our shopping and decided to go on a few rides. But first I had to get something. I have never really had a Dole Whip and I wanted to change that so we headed to

I debated the choices and got a Dole Whip Float

It is hollow in the middle

I got a pic of Ariel and Eric from where we were sitting. No easy task as I was a little far away and people kept stopping in my way

The float was just what I needed the combination of juice and ice cream settled my stomach and I was feeling like myself although I was still in pain. We decided to go on the Jungle Cruise again and I remembered my bag this time. It was the WORST!!!! Jungle Cruise ride I have ever been on. The driver was horrible. The best way to describe him is by comparison. If you have ever seen the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off there was a history teacher who was also the home room teacher. He spoke in a flat, dull, monotone voice. That was our driver. We were actually laughing at him by the end of the ride. I took some pics

I wonder if they got the point

We went on Pirates again and although I protested she insisted on pushing me in the chair.

This was actually taken with no flash

we got stuck here, never in front of the treasure room

Then it was off to the Haunted Mansion. I honestly thought that one of the CM's was going to become the 1000th happy haunt. We got into the stretch room and went to the far side. I got a couple of pics but was really happy with this one

As the room emptied we were told to go to the right and wait. OK been there done that. We waited, and waited and waited. The stretch room actually emptied a second time and a CM finally came over to get the line that had built up. He had an attitude problem, and you could tell. I got the usual can you walk and Kristel said that I couldn't. Well then I wasn't getting on the ride with his attitude. Kristel was getting really mad. She knew I could park over by the wall near the exit as I had done that our first day. She also told him that the walkway had to be slowed down which they did the last time. This guy was rolling his eyes and acting like a real jerk. He actually said, "What would you like us to do? Stop the ride just so she can get on?" Now I know they can but it wasn't necessary. I was so upset by the whole thing that I had trouble parking. We got on the ride and I took pics hoping to get one or two good ones and I did.

When we exited the ride Kristel was still really angry. I will admit though I had a good laugh about it. She found the CM, went right up to him, looked at him and then made a big thing about seeing his name tag. I do know his name was George. I don't think I'll ever forget that.

Up next lunch and what did we do about George.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #110
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

Dole Whip float, I could use one right now.

Bueller.... Bueller... Bueller - I love that but not good for the Jungle Cruise. What a jerk at the Haunted Mansion.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 11-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #111
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
Dole Whip float, I could use one right now.

Bueller.... Bueller... Bueller - I love that but not good for the Jungle Cruise. What a jerk at the Haunted Mansion.
I could go for one myself. I'm in pre-holiday cleaning mode. I don't know why I never had one before. I did buy the float once but gave it to my grandson.

Yeah that guy on the Jungle Cruise was bad. I'm glad I have done it before but I really felt like announcing to the other passengers to ride again with a different captain if they had never been on it before.

The CM at Haunted Mansion really was a jerk. I was going to just hobble or skip it because I was embarrassed by the way he was acting towards me. I try and avoid scenes and confrontations. Kristel was really MAD!!!! I'll be updating and you can find out how mad she was.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #112
tazdev3225

After the incident with the CM at Haunted Mansion we decided to get something to eat. Since we were really close and we both liked the food we headed to Columbia Harbor House. We did decide if we couldn't find seating we would go somewhere else. As we got to the entrance where the bell ringer is. Sorry don't know how else to describe it. Anyway the very nice bell ringer held the door and told us to head to the right. There is a room roped off for chair access. I was very happy with that.

Our private little room.

I already knew what I wanted so Kristel went in search of food and I found a nice quiet table with a view and took pics. I also put my leg up to try and help with the swelling that was a daily occurrence now.
My Frankenboot

The view

Kristel came back wth the food. I had the shrimp platter with fries

She had the tuna sandwich

We both had the Apple Crisp

We had a pleasant lunch, the food was very good and made plans for the rest of the day. While we were sitting there a woman and her husband, and their entire family came in, I think there were at least 12 people in the group. This woman is the type who gives ECV users a bad name. She actually said, "Isn't it nice that we have this whole room just for us!" They took up at least 4 or 5 of the tables in the room and acted as though the whole room was there just for them. After the Haunted Mansion incident I was happy we were leaving. Of course they also blocked my way out of the room so I had to go under a chain and move a table.

As we headed towards the exit I got another castle shot

Then Kristel went to Guest Relations. She was lodging a complaint against George. I understood her reasoning and she was right the guy was really rude towards the guests he had to help. The CM at guest relations was happy that she reported the incident. I still think I probably would have let it go.

Anyway we parted ways for a bit. We were going to EPCOY and I just wanted to hop on the monorail. Kristel had bought some candy and other food products and she wanted to take them back to the room. We both agreed that it was easier to meet at EPCOT.

I took the traditional SE shots

I had seen a shirt at the Emporium that I really liked but they only had a size small. I thought that Mouse Gears might have the shirt so I went over there to check that out. They did have the shirt but again not the size I needed. I then went over to Innovations to have my free picture taken. The Disney Visa gives you one free 5X7 at a private meet and greet. I kept missing it on my other trips so I was determined to get it this time.

Innoventions

And the voucher you get.

I got a text from Kristel that she was on the bus so I found a nice, quiet, out of the way spot to wait. It was in the shade and really hidden away. It took Kristel a few minutes to find me but she did and we were off to eat around the world some more. Along the way I got this

To be continued.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #113
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I remember you telling me of the guy. I agree with Kristel that all bad cm's do need to be reported.

I have never eaten at CHH. One day.

The pic in POTC is good as is the one in the HM.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #114
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I remember you telling me of the guy. I agree with Kristel that all bad cm's do need to be reported.

I have never eaten at CHH. One day.

The pic in POTC is good as is the one in the HM.
I know that you are right about CM's needing to be reported but when you are in that scooter I swear the world around you changes. I guess I should be a little more proactive.

August was the first time I ever ate at CHH and I was surprised at how good the food was. You can opt for broccoli with the shrimp which I may do next time.

Thanks I am really getting happy with some of my pics. I can't wait to take the DSLR next year and see how well I can do with that since I am better at the settings now.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #115
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

I just found your trip report. I found Scottís first from another TR I was reading and now Iíve found yours too! I have several questions/comments, lots of these are from earlier posts Ė hope thatís ok.
Why donít you mention the trip you took when your kids were young (the last time you saw Beauty and the Beast)?
The picture you took of Sunset Blvd at night on your way to Fantasmic was so gorgeous!!! You took the best pictures of Fantasmic I have ever seen on the boards, really impressive and so clear!
Iím so sorry you hurt yourself on BTMR. Such a bummer, and what a good friend to stay with you instead of taking a ride on Splash. I have only hurt myself on a ride once but it was a doozy. At a water park near where I live I took a corner on a water slide where you ride on an inner tube and I dumped off my tube. That wouldnít have been a problem but in the process I slammed my foot against the side of the ride and broke my big toe. It was awful, immediately it got swollen and turned purple. It was my sonís 7th birthday party so you know I sucked it up and walked around on that toe for the rest of the day. It took weeks to heal and I limped the whole time!
That is so cool that you got to ride the IASW prototype as a kid! Iím jealous! IASW is one of those never miss rides for my son and I. We have always gone to WDW just the two of us (my hubby is NOT a fan). But, this coming January we are going as a family. We are celebrating my graduation from grad school and my sonís upcoming high school graduation in the Spring. I am still in shock that my husband has agreed to go and I really hope he has a good time.
The picture of the rhinos on the safari with the ostrich poking his head up is funny Ė like a nosy neighbor!
My hubby has the same Grumpy T Shirt you wore to AK. Yes, my non-Disney hubby Ė as a joke years ago my son and I started bringing him home Grumpy presents every time we went to WDW. He owned it and loves all his Grumpy stuff.
Sorry about your long wait for your check at Ohana Ė that drives me crazy. You have a nice meal and then waiting for the check can spoil your mood and end up ruining the experience. I also think that the server shouldnít have favored the tables with kids Ė bring the checks in order, punishing you for being kid-less is wrong!
The nerve of the castmember at Haunted Mansion! What a jerk. Iím glad Kristen lodged a complaint about him, Iím sure you are not the first guest he has been disrespectful to and that is not what Disney would want for their image to be.
I have to say your pictures are so incredibly good. I am so impressed and have really enjoyed all of them. I also like your writing style, you put it all in Ė the good, the bad and the ugly. Those are the kinds of trip reports I like, it makes them more interesting and weíve all been there Ė no trip goes perfectly.
Sorry for this incredibly LONG post. Iím really enjoying your TR!

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #116
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
I just found your trip report. I found Scottís first from another TR I was reading and now Iíve found yours too! I have several questions/comments, lots of these are from earlier posts Ė hope thatís ok.

Very OK. I'll do my best to answer everything.

Why donít you mention the trip you took when your kids were young (the last time you saw Beauty and the Beast)?

It's a joke to the people who know me. When my kids were younger and we're going back about 20 years we took a trip to Disney and let the babysitter come with us. Big mistake! By the end of the trip I wanted to stick her with a spork and my DH and I were getting divorced. It's a long story but basically she was bossing my kids around. She came with $300 for food and expenses for 7 days. The best was when she lost a cheap $10 camera on Maelstrom, spent an hour looking for it and then spent $50 to replace at the camera shop in MK. We were staying offsite and could have gotten a camera much cheaper or just gotten copies of my pics. I took 15 rolls of pictures. It was a memorable trip though.

The picture you took of Sunset Blvd at night on your way to Fantasmic was so gorgeous!!! You took the best pictures of Fantasmic I have ever seen on the boards, really impressive and so clear!

Thank you. I love taking pics and sharing them.

Iím so sorry you hurt yourself on BTMR. Such a bummer, and what a good friend to stay with you instead of taking a ride on Splash. I have only hurt myself on a ride once but it was a doozy. At a water park near where I live I took a corner on a water slide where you ride on an inner tube and I dumped off my tube. That wouldnít have been a problem but in the process I slammed my foot against the side of the ride and broke my big toe. It was awful, immediately it got swollen and turned purple. It was my sonís 7th birthday party so you know I sucked it up and walked around on that toe for the rest of the day. It took weeks to heal and I limped the whole time!

It was my fault for going on the ride in the first place with a sprained ankle. She really is a great friend because I know she wanted to ride Splash. Bummer about the toe story. And you're right parents suck it up but I really feel the pain you were in having had a broken toe. I broke mine jumping waves in the ocean.

That is so cool that you got to ride the IASW prototype as a kid! Iím jealous! IASW is one of those never miss rides for my son and I. We have always gone to WDW just the two of us (my hubby is NOT a fan). But, this coming January we are going as a family. We are celebrating my graduation from grad school and my sonís upcoming high school graduation in the Spring. I am still in shock that my husband has agreed to go and I really hope he has a good time.

It is one of my fondest memories of my childhood. I also rode COP at the worlds fair. My DH isn't a huge fan of Disney which is why I have taken this trip solo the last 2 years. I'm sure your hubby will have a good time. Congrats on grad school.

The picture of the rhinos on the safari with the ostrich poking his head up is funny Ė like a nosy neighbor!

I did like that pic too. It was like "Why them and not me?"

My hubby has the same Grumpy T Shirt you wore to AK. Yes, my non-Disney hubby Ė as a joke years ago my son and I started bringing him home Grumpy presents every time we went to WDW. He owned it and loves all his Grumpy stuff.

I love Grumpy.

Sorry about your long wait for your check at Ohana Ė that drives me crazy. You have a nice meal and then waiting for the check can spoil your mood and end up ruining the experience. I also think that the server shouldnít have favored the tables with kids Ė bring the checks in order, punishing you for being kid-less is wrong!

I try not to let those things get to me but I really was annoyed by all of the delay.

The nerve of the castmember at Haunted Mansion! What a jerk. Iím glad Kristen lodged a complaint about him, Iím sure you are not the first guest he has been disrespectful to and that is not what Disney would want for their image to be.

I probably would have let it go but maybe not any more. Disney may not do anything about the complaints but then again they may act if they know about it.

I have to say your pictures are so incredibly good. I am so impressed and have really enjoyed all of them. I also like your writing style, you put it all in Ė the good, the bad and the ugly. Those are the kinds of trip reports I like, it makes them more interesting and weíve all been there Ė no trip goes perfectly.
Sorry for this incredibly LONG post. Iím really enjoying your TR!

Thank you so much. I love taking pics and my famly and thankfully my friends indulge me. You will make me blush with all of the complements.
Thank you for joining in. I'm glad you're enjoying the report.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #117
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I LOVE that pic you got of Madame Leota, so cool!

That stinks that the CM was so rude to you, it's good that Kristel complained, he should get some kind of discipline.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 11-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #118
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great updates! I LOVE that pic you got of Madame Leota, so cool!

That stinks that the CM was so rude to you, it's good that Kristel complained, he should get some kind of discipline.
Thanks I can cross her off my list. I have a few pics I am trying to get that are a challenge.

He was rude. Kristel really does step up. We had an incident with line jumpers last year and she let them have it too. I don't know what the procedures are after a complaint but I hope that he at least gets a lesson in customer care towards the disabled. Normally I can make that walk so I never had a problem before but I really got a lesson in how those who really have a problem are treated. It wasn't pleasant at times but I would really like to think it was an isolated incident.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #119
tazdev3225

Sorry I have been a little behind in updates but there was a holiday last week and shopping to be done.

When I last posted I believe Kristel had just arrived and we were off to the WS to eat around the world some more. We decided to head right this time towards Canada. Our first stop

I had the Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayo.

The pork was tasty but the roll was very dry. The sweet and sour chutney was all sour but the spicy mayo definitely had a kick. I would not attempt this one again. A definite loser to me anyway.

Kristel was starting off with a drink. She went to Craft Beer and had a Leinenkugel Berry Weiss.

She definitely made the better choice. I had a taste and it was really good with a taste of berry sweetness. I wish I had gotten that instead.

Our next stop was Desserts and Champagne. I wanted to try the Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel

I don't know what I was expecting but the mousse was very good. It's chocolate, need I say more? Seriously it was definitely worth $1.50. I didn't taste anything that came near chili and it had a slight saltiness now and then. I would definitely get it again however.

Next up

I had the Greek Salad with Pita Bread

This was very good. I love Greek salad though but it was very refreshing.

Kristel had the Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey

I tried this and really enjoyed it. The sweetness of the honey balanced the saltiness of the cheese perfectly. We both liked this.

We were then at Hops and Barley for me again. I wanted to try

Pumpkin Mousse with Craisins and Orange Sauce. This was another hit. It was like eating a pumpkin pie. The craisins and orange sauce added a bit of tangy to the sweetness and were perfect with it.

I also got the Festival beer - Sam Adams Chocolate Bock

I like dark beers and this was perfect. It actually had a hint of chocolate but was really good. It replaced the dark and tan I had planned on getting later and I'm glad I did.

We had planned to try and eat at Big River Grill but changed our minds. Instead we went to Sunshine Seasons in the Land and had something there. Along the way I took some pics

And probably one of my favorite pics on the trip

Saw the boarded up Test Track. We went the long way.

Finally arrived at the land and giot our dinner. I went with my normal Mongolian Beef

with Strawberry Shortcake

Kristel had Cashew Chicken

and Creme Brulee

The meals weren't anything spectacular but they were good and filling. We decided after eating to head back to POFQ. One last shot on the way out

With that we headed back to the resort. Kristel planned on hanging by the pool and I headed to the boat and DTD to meet Scott and Vinny.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #120
tazdev3225

Probably my shortest update coming up. '

I headed to the boat and was lucky one was there so no wait. I took pics on my way to DTD

I found Scott and Vinny at Earl of Sandwich having dinner. We had a pleasant chat while they ate and then for a bit afterwards. I wanted to look for something at World of Disney and I believe Scott did also so off we went.

Scott posed with Star Wars Mickey Ears

Then we shopped. I actually found the shirt I wanted and a second one so I was happy. We parted ways to head back to our resorts after Scott couldn't convince me to get on the Characters in Flight balloon. Not happening! No Way!!!!

I took some more pics

and a final one on the boat

When I got back to the room Kristel was already back from the pool. I hooked the scooter up to the charger and was ready for bed and asleep in less than 10 minutes. With that Day 5 came to an end.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: