Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #76
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by poofiesdream View Post
What are the odds of me seeing you there! WOW!!! We go a few times a year. I actually live in Lake Worth out by the turnpike. We are going again Dec. 9th for a week. We have use Walker for years and always loved them. There scooters just aren't kept up as well lately. Yes my husband likes there basket the best too. Its so big.
That really is cool. I often wonder if I see any fellow DIS members when I'm there. I would love to live close enough to be able to go to Disney more often but my DH hates the heat plus I would miss the grandkids.

Walker does have the best baskets but I think that they became so popular that they weren't keeping up on the scooters. Maybe that's why they aren't a preferred company yet. I am hoping by time I go again they are. I like to stick with what I know.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #77
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

So sorry you are afraid of birds. I'm a total bird lover, some are so beautiful.
I used to own an african senegal.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...rot&FORM=IGRE#

Great tiger shot!

DLR: To many times to count!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #78
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
So sorry you are afraid of birds. I'm a total bird lover, some are so beautiful.
I used to own an african senegal.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...rot&FORM=IGRE#

Great tiger shot!
I love taking pictures of birds, I even owned a few. I had a pair of cocatiels (spelled wrong on purpose) named Pongo and Perdie. My kids asked if they could have them while I was sleeping. They knew that I would say yes as I was not awake enough to comprehend what they asked. My DIL lived with me for 3 or 4 years for the same reason. I am fine with them in cages just cannot handle birds on the fly.

Thanks about the tiger pic. I love cats - big and little.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #79
tazdev3225

My fear of birds will continue - I am watching the Hitchcocks the Birds right now.

When I left off I had been attacked by birds and decided I had enough pics. We had FP's to search for the Yeti so off we went. I do like the stand-by line as there is so much to see but this was quicker. I did manage to get a picture

Now I am not a huge coaster fan. I already banged up my ankle on BTMRR so I was hoping for a nice quiet middle car. Lucky me I got the seats all the way in the back. Kristel was happy

I took pics

View of the Tree of Life

I am NEVER riding in the back again. OK I will if that is where I get stuck but I am going to hope that I never ride in the back again. When we got off of the ride Kristel got our ride pic added to Scott's photopass. I looked like I was having fun so maybe it was better than I thought.

And we were on our way. I did like this

When we got off EE there were lines everywhere. I checked my watch and it was around 3:30. The parade was going to start. As we wove our way through the crowds we decided to do the safari one more time. The lines are usually a little shorter when there's a parade from what I remembered anyway. And they were - for standby

That was a walk on. The line for us scooter/chair bound folk

Yep we had a wait. When you see threads about us chair bound people getting front line passes don't you believe it. We had a bit of a wait but it was worth it. We had another great ride.

An Okapi hidden up in the trees

Another sleeping rhino. I really think the rhinos hate me - I always get butt shots even at our zoo

A Hippo out of water.

A Croc in water.

I think this may be a Greater Kudu

Wildebeest

Ankole Cattle

Giraffes

Elephant

Ostrich

Scimitar-horned Oryx

And my best pictures of all - Lions awake

I love how the big guy has the top of his tongue out. We have a cat my husband named Tip because he sits the same way.

I think this is a Sable Antelope

And finally a Warthog.

I was really happy we did the Safari again. The pictures of the Lions made the whole ride worth it for me. The woman in front of me thanked me after the ride. I was a little confused because other than smiling at her baby I didn't do anything. She had forgotten her glasses or contacts, not sure which but she was able to see all of the animals as I took pictures of them. My good deed for the day,

With that it was about 4:30 or a little later than that so we headed towards

Where do we go next? Stay tuned.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #80
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Joining in to say hello and that I am enjoying your TR.

I know how you feel with the ankle injury. I fell down the stairs in July and I had to rent an ECV for our trip in September. After our September trip, I had to have surgery on it and I just got my cast off a week ago. It still hurts very bad and I still can't walk. So we are renting the ECV again for our Thanksgiving trip and I will wear the Frankenboot as well. I hope yours is all better and that you are getting around well.

I hurt my ankle bumping around on BTMRR and I didn't ride it again.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #81
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Joining in to say hello and that I am enjoying your TR.

I know how you feel with the ankle injury. I fell down the stairs in July and I had to rent an ECV for our trip in September. After our September trip, I had to have surgery on it and I just got my cast off a week ago. It still hurts very bad and I still can't walk. So we are renting the ECV again for our Thanksgiving trip and I will wear the Frankenboot as well. I hope yours is all better and that you are getting around well.

I hurt my ankle bumping around on BTMRR and I didn't ride it again.
Thanks for joining in and glad you are enjoying our adventures.

I'm lucky I didn't need surgery but am now in an air cast. I may get that off in time for Thanksgiving. I had a third degree sprain. I usually rent an ECV because I've had 6 knee surgeries and have disc issues, but I can get out of it if I want to for a little bit. I just can't handle all of the walking. This trip was very different as I was not able to walk well at all and the doctor gave me strict orders. NO WALKING!!! She was quite adament about it. BTMRR didn't help any either.

Who do you rent from? Walker is no longer preferred at DIsney so I may need to switch companies next year. I hope you are getting around soon. I hate being laid up and relying on people. I'm a little independent.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #82
tazdev3225

If my daughters computer co-operates I will try and get this day finished.

When I last posted we were leaving the Animal Kingdom. We were taking a different exit though because we had a 5:00 ADR for a new restaurant for me.

We had a Rainforest Cafe by my house many years ago at the Mall. I had been in there quite a few times and liked the food but they were only there a couple of years. I hadn't been to the Rainforest Cafe in over 15 years.

We checked in but forgot what name I used again. Never make ADR's late at night when you are really tired. I wrote down times and confirmation numbers but not the name we used. We looked around the shop a bit and then were called in to be seated. I took a ton of pics but here are a few of the general area

The waitress had it easy with us. We both ordered Iced Tea to drink and the steak and shrimp. It came with a flat steak, coconut shrimp and shrimp scampi.

It was beyond what I expected. The steak was very tender, the shrimp - was good and had a great dipping sauce, the vegies were cooked perfectly. I was very happy with this choice. For dessert we differed. Kristel got the NY cheesecake

And I got a 7 layer chocolate cake

They were both very good but I couldn't finish mine again. That big white scoop on the side was whipped cream. I found that out when I took a big spoonfull thinking it was ice cream. It did add a dimension to the cake that was nice however.

Dinner finished we went out to explore the shop for a few minutes and Kristel found a hat she liked

We headed back to POFQ for Kristel to freshen up again and to catch a boat. We were heading to DTD and decided to take advantage of that means of transportation. We were on the boat around 8:00

We were meeting Scott and Vinny and they were in

Kristel posed again.

Then we headed inside. It was busy!!!! This is one place I hate being stuck in the scooter. You can't move when you're walking. Imagine how much fun it is trying to maneuver the scooter. Kristel told me to stay put. I didn't I got myself in a position to people watch and take some pictures.

That was my favorite pic. At that point Scott had found me and shortly after that Vinny and Kristel. We went outside and found somewhere to sit and talk. The others wanted something from Ghiardelli and I believe they all had shakes. I wasn't hungry so I skipped it. I put away the camera once we left World of Disney and we chatted away. We saw Characters in Flight was up and Scott told me that we were going on. UM NO! I have told him before that I will not go up in that. I have 2 fears birds and heights. I can deal with birds if I have to but I am not going up in that balloon. Then Scott noticed how much it was swaying. He decided he wasn't going on it either.

Before we knew it the time was 11 PM and the boats stop running at 11:30. We said our good-byes and went to our docks for the ride back to the resorts.

With that Day 3 ended.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #83
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

Those are the best lion photo I have ever seen . The rainforest cafe looks delicious.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 11-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #84
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great updates today, I had to LOL at all your bird pics especially with you being afraid of them! Awesome that you got pics of the lions in both safari rides, especially one of the Male and awake!! I never get those, if I even get to see him he is sleeping. My SIL got pics of him last year up and WALKING!! I told her she didn't know how rare that was.

I hear you about the wheelchairs and scooters and people thinking you get right to the front of the line. It may seem that way sometimes but most of the time you have to wait for the accessible car which there is only one or two of them. The last couple times I was there with my Mom she had a wheelchair and Oxygen. We thought it was great for her to have the chair but only because we didn't have to stop as much and she didn't have to worry about keeping up. I will say they are very accessible in WDW, maybe the most I have seen anywhere except in the stores, those pathways are so narrow!

Last year (May 2011) our group had TWO scooters! (My MIL and My BIL's Dad) Talk about crazy! LOL They had a competition going to see who could get on the bus quicker and without hitting anything, LOL

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 11-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #85
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Thanks for joining in and glad you are enjoying our adventures.

I'm lucky I didn't need surgery but am now in an air cast. I may get that off in time for Thanksgiving. I had a third degree sprain. I usually rent an ECV because I've had 6 knee surgeries and have disc issues, but I can get out of it if I want to for a little bit. I just can't handle all of the walking. This trip was very different as I was not able to walk well at all and the doctor gave me strict orders. NO WALKING!!! She was quite adament about it. BTMRR didn't help any either.

Who do you rent from? Walker is no longer preferred at DIsney so I may need to switch companies next year. I hope you are getting around soon. I hate being laid up and relying on people. I'm a little independent.
Today was the first day in four months that I walked all day without crutches, so I am making progress. I just want my life back !!

Last trip, I rented from Apple Scooter and I was very happy with them. Going with them again this trip. We had a couple of little problems, but they were fixed right away and with a smile, so we will stick with them.

LOVED your Lion photos - beautiful !!!

Last edited by jecskc; 11-12-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #86
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
Those are the best lion photo I have ever seen . The rainforest cafe looks delicious.

Thanks I was really happy with them. The Rainforest was much better than I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great updates today, I had to LOL at all your bird pics especially with you being afraid of them! Awesome that you got pics of the lions in both safari rides, especially one of the Male and awake!! I never get those, if I even get to see him he is sleeping. My SIL got pics of him last year up and WALKING!! I told her she didn't know how rare that was.

Thanks. I really am afraid of birds I just forget it when I have the camera in hand, I am determined to get the lions walking one day

I hear you about the wheelchairs and scooters and people thinking you get right to the front of the line. It may seem that way sometimes but most of the time you have to wait for the accessible car which there is only one or two of them. The last couple times I was there with my Mom she had a wheelchair and Oxygen. We thought it was great for her to have the chair but only because we didn't have to stop as much and she didn't have to worry about keeping up. I will say they are very accessible in WDW, maybe the most I have seen anywhere except in the stores, those pathways are so narrow!

I argue with my husband every trip about the chair but give in because he refuses to go if I don't rent one. People just don't get how diifficult it can be being in one. The stores really are the worst place to have one though. They get really crowded and the aisles are difficult to maneuver.

Last year (May 2011) our group had TWO scooters! (My MIL and My BIL's Dad) Talk about crazy! LOL They had a competition going to see who could get on the bus quicker and without hitting anything, LOL
That is funny. My DH and I both used a scooter a couple of years ago but he rented from Disney. He only used it one day. My biggest fear is both of us using one. He can't drive them very well.
Quote:
Today was the first day in four months that I walked all day without crutches, so I am making progress. I just want my life back !!

That is great. I know the feeling about wanting your life back. I would love to be able to walk around with the chronic pain in my knees. I just have a different lifestyle now.

Last trip, I rented from Apple Scooter and I was very happy with them. Going with them again this trip. We had a couple of little problems, but they were fixed right away and with a smile, so we will stick with them.

I've heard some good things about Apple and they are cheaper than Walker. I just don't like the basket.

LOVED you Lion photos - beautiful !!!

Thanks about the lions. I reall was very happy with those pics. The lions can be so hardto get and to get good shots on both safaris was great.
Replies are in red. It was easier that way.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #88
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great updates and pics.

The lions pic is so great. I have yet to really see them.

Dinner sounded yummy.

That balloon was crazy how it was swaying.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #89
tazdev3225

Quote:
I loved the basket. But it was my only scooter rental, so I don't know any different. DH loved the basket, too. He was happy to not have to play sherpa with the backpack all day.
I like to decorate my basket and Walker had the perfect basket for that. It's square and the design makes it easy as it is basically open. It alson seems a little bigger than the others I have seen. I fit 10 bottles of water in it when we were down in august. I always joke that I am the pack mule because everything gets loaded on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
great updates and pics.

The lions pic is so great. I have yet to really see them.

Dinner sounded yummy.

That balloon was crazy how it was swaying.
Thank you. I love the lions, and tigers and cheetahs. OK I just love cats big and small.

Dinner really was good and one of the reasons I wasn't in the mood for anything later that night.

It really was scary looking the way that balloon swayed. I am staying grounded.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #90
tazdev3225

I know there are people out there reading along, pull up a chair and say Hi. Let me know if you want more pics, more details, less pics and details. I really feel lonely here although I will continue along.

That being said let's move on to DAY 4.

This was the one day I got up early on purpose and did not wander the resort. When Kristel spent the week visiting me over the summer we discussed the trip and she really wanted one ADR. We were 3 months from our trip and she wanted to see Stitch. Somehow the Disney tiki gods smiled on us and we got a 7:45 ADR for Ohana.

We got to the bus stop early and had to wait for a bus. Thankfully the CM that had been there all week called and had a bus sent over for us. The buses were showing up filled with the masses already and I didn't want to force my way on and over toes. We arrived at the MK monorail stop at 7:49. We were a few minutes late but we weren't too worried. We saw this coming

I knew the time based on this clock

Unfortunately the monorail then broke down and we waited. We were soon on our way. It didn't look to crowded today - yet!

We were about a half hour late by the time we were approaching the Polynesian so I told Kristel to just get off and go check us in. I knew I would need a few minutes to wait for the ramp and getting off. I quickly joined her and we decided to skip the picture.

We were called quite quickly to be taken to our seats. I opted to stay in the scooter til we got to the table as my ankle had swelled quite a bit and was really sore. I felt like offering it to the CM taking us to our seats. I know he appeared to be elderly but not in great shape if you know what I mean. I know people in their 80's with more get up and go than he had. He was very nice though. We really scored with our table. We were right next to the window and had this for a view

The waiter was there almost immediately and brought me a pot of coffee. He also brought out juice. I love that juice and this waiter was awesome. I don't think my juice glass was ever empty. The food came out quite quickly and I was happy about that as I was really hungry.

Quite quickly we were visited by

Kristel was happy

Unlike my visit in august Lilo was there right away

Then Pluto came around and I did something totally out of character for me

I kissed his nose. My husband saw that and asked me what they put in my juice.
There's no pic of Kristel and Pluto. When we were handing the camera back and forth I noticed I had an issue with my camera. Mickey came around to quickly for me to solve it

I managed to get Kristel

I was getting really upset though because it was not taking pictures but was taking movies. The camera was set to picture not movie and as I was looking at it I realized that she hit the movie record button on the back of the camera when she grabbed it. Mystery solved and I was relieved. I had 2 cameras break in DIsney in august.

We got our check after a small wait. I was a little bothered here. All of the tables around us with kids were seated after us. They all had their checks and left before us. I was just a little put off by the attitude that as 2 women with noi kids we could just sit and wait. It wasn't my imagination as the waiter apologized but said he wanted to help get the kids on their way first.
The food was good and the juice is amazing. That said I have eaten here twice this year and had major issues with the characters or the service. I do not have plans for getting an ADR here on my next trip.

Stay tuned to find out where we go next.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: