Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #46
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

I love the taco salad at Pecos bills but we tried the TT and the taco salad was actually better because you can choose beef or chicken.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 11-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #47
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
That salad really was good. It's going to be hard choosing between Pecos Bill and Tortuga from now on.

Thanks I'm glad you're enjoying it.

IASW is a must do for me too. I settle for one ride a trip because others I travel with dion't like it as much. Not Kristel as much as my family.

I was surprised at how well the pics came out on Philharmagic. I should have used the 3D feature on the camera but forgot about it. Would have been interesting to see if it would have worked.
another reason to go back and try the feature.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #48
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
I love the taco salad at Pecos bills but we tried the TT and the taco salad was actually better because you can choose beef or chicken.
Really? I didn't even look. I'm assuming I had beef but I didn't get it so who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
another reason to go back and try the feature.
Scott do we ever need a reason to go back? But then again it is a good reason.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 AM   #49
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Followed you over from Scott's report, really enjoying reading about your trip. I am originally from Philly,too, most of my family is still there, so it's neat to see another local. I am near Rochester, NY now.

We stayed at POFQ a couple times, one time was on a trip with my parents and my sister, Linda and her family. Funny story, she was taking a pic of all of us under the decorations above the door in the lobby there and backed up to get us in the frame better and backed right into this fountain! We all were hysterical. My mom wasn't too happy because Linda was taking the pic with her camera at the time.

Quote:
Day 2, October 8th

Fountain in the lobby

Going back to finish reading...

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #50
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Followed you over from Scott's report, really enjoying reading about your trip. I am originally from Philly,too, most of my family is still there, so it's neat to see another local. I am near Rochester, NY now.

We stayed at POFQ a couple times, one time was on a trip with my parents and my sister, Linda and her family. Funny story, she was taking a pic of all of us under the decorations above the door in the lobby there and backed up to get us in the frame better and backed right into this fountain! We all were hysterical. My mom wasn't too happy because Linda was taking the pic with her camera at the time.

Going back to finish reading...
Thanks for coming over. I will catch up to Scott at some point. That story about the fountain is too funny. I can understand how your mom felt. My daughter dropped one of my cameras in AK this past august and broke it. I lucked out and it was repaired under warranty. I can't be too mad as I killed the camera last week when I dropped it.

Where in Philly were you from?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #51
tazdev3225

Day 2 moves on I hope.

Our "rumbly in the tumbly" satisfied we had to decide where to go next. Of course - Tomorrowland. We needed to help Buzz save the planet from Emperor Zurg. So off we went. Now we had a slight disagreement about which way was faster. I wanted to go left she wanted to go right kind of thing. I'm not sure which way we went but we got there. The wait time was about 20 minutes and FP was about a half hour return. We got the FP and went on the People Mover. OK I know it is something else but I'm old and forgetful. I like People Mover as that is what I remember. I parked the scooter, grabbed my cane and hobbled on. This is one ride you have to be able to walk to get on.

I present the People Mover in pics and I actually heard Tom Morrow paged

We almost rode a second time without getting off I think to the annoyance of the CM working the exit. We were chatting away and I think we realized we were at the end but not really paying attention. He had to TELL us to get OFF! It was really kind of funny thinking back. It was still to soon for the Buzz FP but there was no line. We had another slight disagreement here. Kristel wanted me to get the scooter and I told her that I have to transfer. I was right so she pushed me around again. I'm telling you I really think she enjoyed that. I got to hold the wait time lanyard

When we got to the loading area I had to get out and walk. My ankle was hurting and dummy that I am I left my cane in the scooter. The CM's were great, told me to take my time and gave me a makeshift cane. I should have taken a picture of it. I - are you ready? - used one of the claw things they used to pick up trash. Not real sturdy but I made it on the ride.

I am not a huge fan of Buzz Lightyear's Ranger Spin. I can never tell what I am aiming at and get frustrated. I also always end up with the gun on the left side. I think it is rigged! I took a few pics

I got beat - badly! I told Kristel she cheated spinning the car around to get me dizzy. She defended that decision. She made me bite my tongue!
My score - I am telling you that gun was broke

Kristels score - she cheated, and I'm sticking to that

The ride pic. Can you tell I was having fun?

I had so much fun that we did it again using the FP. I had my cane to help me this time and I took the gun on the right side. Some pics again

To prove my point here is my score this time

Kristels score - notice she lost so I stand by the left side gun theory

The ride pic

Kristel saw the pic and started laughing. Not exact words but she said something like "You were winning. Why the same pose?" And also wanted to know how I knew where to pose for the pic. That gave me a good laugh. I posed like that on purpose. Didn't want to be rude and gloat.

Since we were already laughing so much what better place to go next than Monster's Inc. Laugh Factory. We both enjoy that.

Mike's dressing room door

Where to text jokes. Kristel sent one from the Jungle Cruise. It wasn't picked

Preshow pics. I like Boo

We had a lot of fun with the show. We actually figured out where you have to sit to get picked on. It won't happen to me as long as I have a scooter but maybe one day.

With that we decided to head back to the resort. We had dinner plans with Scott and Vinny and Kristel wanted to freshen up.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #52
tazdev3225

continued from last post. We left MK around 4:30 according to my notes and got back to the resort around 5:00. I washed my face, combed my hair and was ready to go. Kristel needed to change and do make-up or I don't know what. I watched TV and did some Sudoku puzzles waiting. I think I switched to the boot while I was waiting also. Kristel was really worried about my ankle because of the pain I had been in from BTMRR and truthfully I was also. The boot offered better stability and protection. Now I told Kristel she was more high maintenance than I am and I think she was a little insulted. I didn't mean it in a bad way but I am seriously good to go in very little time. To prove my point I took a pic of the sink area. I had the left side

Notice that all I had out was a toothbrush, toothpaste and mouth wash. I don't even know what all she had and that was not everything. Finally we were ready to get on our way. I had been checking baseball scores on TV. My Phillies didn't make it to the playoffs but my other favorite team - the St. Louis Cardinals did and were playing the Phillies rival. As we were leaving I saw

I took that as an omen that the Cardinals would win. They did that series anyway. Let's move on, it's now a sad topic. Heading to the bus stop we saw

I thought that was so cute and romantic. We got to the bus stop and headed to DTD. Kristel had been texting with Scott so when we got to DTD we switched buses to head to SSR. From here there was some confusion. We knew we had to get off at the Grandstand stop. Then from there I don't know what the directions were. We went up, then down then up again. We were looking for the pool which I did see but didn't know I was looking for it. Scott and Vinny came our way and thankfully we found each other. I took a pic

I think I forgot about my camera at that point because it was the last pic I took there. We went throught the Artist's Palette, very pretty and then were at the Turf Club. I found a little alcove to park in so I didn't have to walk far.

We chatted and ordered dinner. Scott got a drink and onion rings for an appetizer. We all had one and they were very good, especially the dipping sauce. Kristel and I were on the DP so no appetizers. I did decide to get a Bahama Mama after much debate. It was very good but I paid for it later. Vinny got the French Onion soup and a glass of wine. The soup looked very good and he seemed to enjoy it.

For dinner: Scott, Kristel and I all got the NY Strip Steak with asparagus, Vinny ordered the Shrimp Scampi pasta. The steak was very good but when they say it comes with asparagus I was disappointed. There were 3 or 4 thin stalks on each steak. For the price they could have added a few more pieces. I love asparagus.

For Dessert: Kristel got the warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and I got the Espresso torte with port wine ice cream. Kristel enjoyed her dessert. Mine was very good but very rich and I only ate about a third of it. I would have much preferred an appetizer.

We were all talking so much that Scott and I both forgot to take pics of the meal. After dinner we headed to DHS for the EMH's.

heading in

Scott taking a pic of Vinny who wanted his picture taken with all of the old cars

First up was TSM. We all headed over towards the Magic of Animation but I veered to the left. Scott thought I was going the wrong way. That walkway can get congested and if you go towards The great Movie Ride then veer right there is a ramp that bypasses it. That was what I was doing. Scott should have known I knew where I was going.

The wait time said 60 minutes but it was nowhere near that. I took a pic or two

We got to the part where I have to go a different way, Scott and Vinny got to go with us. Scott and I rode together and Vinny went with Kristel I beat Scott, he didn't want me to take a pic of the score. Silly man

The total time we spent there waiting and the ride was only about 30 minutes. We headed back towards the Backlot Tour area. I needed a potty break. I also got a pic of the fountain

We then headed towards the Streets of America. When we got to the New York area it wasn't crowded so I had them stop and listen. You can actually hear the street sounds of NY. We were then off to

The wait time posted was 10 minutes but it was a walk-on. I love Star Wars and have seen all of the movies but cannot tell you any of the characters so I never know what we are seeing. OK I do know the main characters and love Chewbacca.

We headed towards Sunset Blvd. and a certain hotel. Along the way we passed the Pull Me rope at Indiana Jones. I knew it was there but had never really noticed it before. We pulled the rope. There was a man down there yelling up. I stayed and played with the rope for a couple of minutes.

I pointed out the table and chairs on a second floor patio at 50's Prime Time to Scott. We wondered if they would let us eat out there later in the week. They didn't.

Then we saw our destination in the distance

We tried to convince Vinny to go on with us. He refused. Scott stayed with him so Kristel and I were off. I aprked the scooter and she got the chair for me. Then she proceeded up the wrong walkway. The day before we had a FP, she went in that line. When we got to the entrance they wanted our FP, which we of course didn't have. I don't know how she did it but we stayed on that side. I told her after we passed them why we went that way yesterday and we both had a good laugh. I love this ride now. I wouldn't go on it for years because of my back. I was in Disney with my husband a few years ago and I knew he really wanted it to go on but wouldn't do it without me so I tried TOT and I am hooked. I of course have to take pics

I love the little touches

We got the ride pic added to Scott's photopass and I am pretty sure he has it on his TR. We had a good laugh because once again the camera was in my face when they snapped the pic. I am determined to get a good pic of DHS before the drop when they open the doors.

It was now close to midnight and the park would be closing so we headed towards the exits. I took a few pics and according to the time stamp it was after midnight

Vinny stopped to get his pic taken with a few cars along the way. He likes the old cars and getting his picture taken.

As we approached the bus stop the bus for SSR was there so Scott and Vinny said good-bye and took off. Our bus arrived not long after we got to the stop. I was in bed and asleep before Kristel got out of the shower, by around 12:30 AM.

And with this Day 2 comes to an end. It was a great day for the most part. The ankle was swelling up and painful but I expected that. We had a good time at MK but an even better evening with friends.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #53
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great updates and pics.

He does like his photo taken.

My score wasn't too bad.

I did really think you were going in the wrong direction.

The guy in the well was funny.

I look terrible from the side and back. From now on neck up only pics.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #54
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
great updates and pics.

He does like his photo taken.

My score wasn't too bad.

I did really think you were going in the wrong direction.

The guy in the well was funny.

I look terrible from the side and back. From now on neck up only pics.
Thanks.

I was surprised at how much Vinny likes his pic taken and poses.

No the score wasn't that bad. We were very close in points. For some reason I am good at the one and am really lousy at Buzz.

I know you all did. I found that ramp a couple of years ago and it really does bypass the congestion. Now my secret is out and it will get crowded.

I had a lot of fun playing with that rope. I'll have to make sure I find it every trip from now on.

I didn't realize you were in some of the pics til I looked at them later. I could hear your reaction to them.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #55
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for coming over. I will catch up to Scott at some point. That story about the fountain is too funny. I can understand how your mom felt. My daughter dropped one of my cameras in AK this past august and broke it. I lucked out and it was repaired under warranty. I can't be too mad as I killed the camera last week when I dropped it.

Where in Philly were you from?
Yeah unfortunately that was my mom's favorite camera, she had such a hard time finding the one she liked and that was it, she never did find another like it. If she was still alive today I know she would have been loving all the digital cameras they have out now, but she passed away in 2002, actually my sis passed away in 2000 so they are both gone now...we had such great times on those trips we all did together.

I grew up in Parkwood, near Franklin Mills, my dad and brother still live there (my Aunt too, actually) I lived in Bensalem, too, for a couple years too before I left the area in 2002. I have other family in Mayfair area. I was a home Health nurse from 1996 to 2002 (actually am here too) and My territory was mostly North Philly , but did a lot in Center City and Roxborough, too.

Enjoyed this latest update too, I have never done all that well at Buzz or TSM, but they are fun. I just can't do the TOT, I went once with my niece in 1998 or 99 and never again. I just don't like that drop!

DH and I went on one of those carriage ride/tours when we were there in 2010, it was really nice, we were staying at POR and it took us all over both resorts, POR and POFQ.

We stayed at SSR last year and really enjoyed it there, we had a great 1st night meal at the Turf Club.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort

Last edited by rndmr2; 11-06-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #56
tazdev3225

Quote:
Yeah unfortunately that was my mom's favorite camera, she had such a hard time finding the one she liked and that was it, she never did find another like it. If she was still alive today I know she would have been loving all the digital cameras they have out now, but she passed away in 2002, actually my sis passed away in 2000 so they are both gone now...we had such great times on those trips we all did together.

I had a favorite camera like that. The area that the lens attached to broke just about the time digital cmeras came out. I resisted them at first but LOVE them now. So sorry your mom and sis are gone. I dread that day coming for my mom. Thankfully she is in good health and very active.

I grew up in Parkwood, near Franklin Mills, my dad and brother still live there (my Aunt too, actually) I lived in Bensalem, too, for a couple years too before I left the area in 2002. I have other family in Mayfair area. I was a home Health nurse from 1996 to 2002 (actually am here too) and My territory was mostly North Philly , but did a lot in Center City and Roxborough, too.

Where in Parkwood? My daughter lives there now by Academy and Byberry. I'm in Morrell Park but grew up in Mayfair on Cottman Ave. not far from the Roosevelt Mall.

Enjoyed this latest update too, I have never done all that well at Buzz or TSM, but they are fun. I just can't do the TOT, I went once with my niece in 1998 or 99 and never again. I just don't like that drop!

I never do well on Buzz but for some reason TSM is easier for me. I don't like the drop on TOT but am so preoccupied trying to get the perfect shot when the doors open I forget about it.

DH and I went on one of those carriage ride/tours when we were there in 2010, it was really nice, we were staying at POR and it took us all over both resorts, POR and POFQ.

My DH and I are planning a trip for next year and still debating resorts. Maybe if we stay at POFQ OR POR we will do the carriage ride. It would surprise him because he told me I'm not romantic.

We stayed at SSR last year and really enjoyed it there, we had a great 1st night meal at the Turf Club.

I've never stayed at SSR but from what I could see it looks like a nice resort. It's on my list of we decide to try and rent points. The Turf Club is a hidden gem. I never think to try and eat at resort restaurants other han the biggies like Chef Mickey or Ohana. I'm really happy that Scott suggested there as it was quiet and the meal was very good. It was such a nice place to really be able to visit and chat while we ate.
Replied in red as it was easier to follow that way.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #57
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Where in Parkwood? My daughter lives there now by Academy and Byberry. I'm in Morrell Park but grew up in Mayfair on Cottman Ave. not far from the Roosevelt Mall.

My Aunt is on Dunks Ferry, and my Dad is on Kenny Rd. My Grandmother lived on Chippendale for years. I miss living there, I do try to get back as often as I can to visit everyone and I try to soak up as much as I can while I'm there.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #58
tazdev3225

Quote:

My Aunt is on Dunks Ferry, and my Dad is on Kenny Rd. My Grandmother lived on Chippendale for years. I miss living there, I do try to get back as often as I can to visit everyone and I try to soak up as much as I can while I'm there.
Wow It really is a small world. I drive down Dunksferry at least 3 times a week and was the crossing guard at Belgreen, Lester and Torrey right up the street from your dad. Drive by there quite a bit too. Chippendale isn't very far from my parents. They still live on Cottman Ave and I am down there a couple timnes a week. I'm busier since I took REALLY early retirement than I was when I worked.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #59
tazdev3225

DAY 3 begins

This was a really early day for me. I was actually up around 6 AM. I had a drink the night before at dinner and was paying for it big time over night. I just felt really sick. I tried to stay in bed but once awake that's it. I grabbed my clothes and took a shower. I tried to be really quiet but I did wake Kristel up. Told her to go back to sleep if she wanted I just didn't feel good and was going to watch the sun come up.

I headed down to the Sassagoula River, put on my I-Pod and listened to some classical music and relaxed. I also wrote down some notes about the day before. I headed to the food court and took a pic or two.

Noticed that the railings change design where the buildings change color. Then I decided to treat Kristel and I to something I had read about here quite a bit - the Beignets. It was interesting watching them being made. They start out as a really flat piece of dough and then puff up as they fry.

I headed back to the room and was feeling a lot better at this point. Took a pic of the view waiting for the elevator

The Beignets

I ordered 3 but got 4 so we each had 2. I am very good at math. They were actually very good. Kristel was up and getting ready when I got back to the room. It was around 8:00 at this point so I spent some time relaxing. We headed to the bus stop around 9. We had a little wait so I took some more pics and Kristel tweeted.

Finally our bus arrived

And we were seeing this at 9:30 so not bad.

After we got through bag check I told Kristel I wanted to get a GAC as I had an issue or two in MK and wanted to make sure I had one to be on the safe side. Of course once I got that I was never asked for one again. As I waited for Kristel to clear the turnstiles I realized we were being invaded

They were just 2 of the tour groups we encountered that day. For the most part they weren't that bad. We explored some of the trails

And finally made it to

Up next where do we head first?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #60
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

Mmmm beinets so good.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: