Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Party of 7...

My friend is thinking of going to Disney World with family (5 adults/2 kids). I don't know the dates of travel though.

What would be her options for on-site Disney Resorts for a party of 7?? I saw Saratoga Springs/Treehouse Villas/Old Key West has 2 Bedroom Villas, but not sure how they price out compared to a possible connecting suite at a Value or Moderate -- or which Values/Moderates even offer connecting suites.

TIA!!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
mel&me
Hello from New York

Any of the Disney Vacation club villa's
2 bedroom Villa's will work,
don't know which other resorts do.
I know there are some, don't know which one's
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Unless one of the children is under the age of three, they won't be able to book any of the family suites at the values, or the CSR suites. Maximum occupancy for those is 6 plus one child under the age of three. As a party of seven, all staying in the same room, the only option would be a two-bedroom villa, which has a maximum occupancy of 8 or 9, depending on the resort.

Using OKW as an example, a two bedroom villa would range from $595 to $980 per night, plus tax, depending on the time of year.

Another option would be to get two rooms and request that they be connecting. This can't be absolutely guaranteed, though, and they would need to be prepared for the possibility that they may have separate rooms.
Lynne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

We are a family of 6 so I understand her dilemma. We have done two rooms at a value and a moderate. Both times we requested connecting and got them. You will hear people warn you that connecting rooms are not a guarentee - I would think even more in your friends case because 5 out of the 7 are adults. We perfer the 2 bedroom villas for the kitchen and laundry, but they are more money. Out of the 2 bedroom villas, the ones at OKW and SSR will be the cheapest. They can also look into renting points from a DVC member to bring the cost down.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

There are a number of options. The cheapest and easiest is just to get 2 connecting rooms at a value resort or a moderate resort. There are a number of beautiful 2 bedroom villas that will accommodate them, but they are very expensive and will cost about $2500 more per week than 2 connecting value rooms - but if money is not an issue, that's the way to go. So it really depends on their budget. Also, I wouldnt worry too much about the connecting rooms not being granted, unless they are going at a crazy busy time, the vast majority of those requests are granted.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone!!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Your best value would probably be 2 connecting rooms (like others have said, understanding connecting is not guaranteed).

Personally I think they would not be comfortable with that many adults doing 2 values because those rooms only have full-sized beds. I would do two moderate rooms or, if they budget fits, even two deluxe rooms. A great moderate would be the Port Orleans Riverside alligator bayou section that has two queen beds and a small child-sized bed in each room. Two rooms at that resort would give lots of flexibility for sleeping arrangements. Some of the deluxes also have the daybeds that would have two queens and one day bed in each room - Beach Club, Yacht Club, Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian.
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: