Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
Koz
Mouseketeer

Can we check our empty suitcases with bell services for the duration of our trip?

We're a family of 5 with 3 kids under 7, and will be storming DW (POR) in Dec complete with 3-4 large black suitcases, full size stroller, pack-n-play, etc.

I'm curious to see whether if we have at least 2 empty suitcases, whether bell services would be amenable to storing the bags during our stay.

Has anyone ever made a similar request, or do you know what the particular policy might be?
Koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
mel&me
Hello from New York

I'm curious about this also, never thought about it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
scm200
Mouseketeer

we just put them in the "closet area" while we are there, it s a good place to keep things, there is never enough drawer space.... but i bet bell services would store them...
Old 10-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
Koz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm200 View Post
we just put them in the "closet area" while we are there, it s a good place to keep things, there is never enough drawer space.... but i bet bell services would store them...
That's going to be our parking spot for the pack and play, and since the suitcases won't fit under the bed (really wish that Disney would give us the ability to do so) our space is instantly at a premium.

I was hoping that they could just re-tag the bags as "hold until XXX" and then return them to our room the night before we depart.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz View Post
That's going to be our parking spot for the pack and play, and since the suitcases won't fit under the bed (really wish that Disney would give us the ability to do so) our space is instantly at a premium.

I was hoping that they could just re-tag the bags as "hold until XXX" and then return them to our room the night before we depart.
I can't see a problem with them holding these during your stay, but I'd bet solid money you'd need to go get them or call down for them the night before you leave..

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
Koz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
I can't see a problem with them holding these during your stay, but I'd bet solid money you'd need to go get them or call down for them the night before you leave..

Oh I'm not averse to going down to baggage services myself to claim the empty suitcases. If they can just hold them for me, the rest is gravy.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz View Post
Oh I'm not averse to going down to baggage services myself to claim the empty suitcases. If they can just hold them for me, the rest is gravy.
Might want to consider putting the suitcases in giant plastic zip lock bags if stored with luggage services...to prevent bedbugs from hitching a ride home. The bags are sold in a box of 3 at Target in the same aisle as all zip lock bags.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
Danibelle
DIS Veteran

How much room does Bell Services have to store extra stuff?

Danibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Not sure about bell service, curious about that too. I put(cram) our bags between the bed and the wall by the headboard, and then we use it as an extra night stand

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
Not sure about bell service, curious about that too. I put(cram) our bags between the bed and the wall by the headboard, and then we use it as an extra night stand
When we had four people to a room, that is what we did. One person went out on the end of the bed in lieu of the wall side.

I wouldn't expect bell services to have enough room to store empty suitcases all week; maybe just a day or two.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
scm200
Mouseketeer

Talking

the storage at bell services is pretty big, at least at the resorts I have stayed at, back in 2001 we even had them hold our luggage for 3 nights while we went on a Carnival Cruise, we checked in for another week after our cruise and did not want to lug all our stuff on the boat....they (bell services) were very accomidating, and we gave a nice tip both leaving and picking up. I have never had bug issues at disney either, just saying...
Old 10-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #12
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm200 View Post
the storage at bell services is pretty big, at least at the resorts I have stayed at, back in 2001 we even had them hold our luggage for 3 nights while we went on a Carnival Cruise, we checked in for another week after our cruise and did not want to lug all our stuff on the boat....they (bell services) were very accomidating, and we gave a nice tip both leaving and picking up. I have never had bug issues at disney either, just saying.. .
Good news you've not had bedbugs at Disney! Disney resorts have had bedbugs, as most hotels these days, it is an ongoing issue. They deal with it on a room to room basis because there is not much they can actually do to prevent the critters from showing up. Any guest, yourself included, can bring bedbugs into a resort without ever knowing it...the bugs travel especially well on planes and crawl onto luggage...but they can also be found in stores, movie theaters, trains, cruise ships. Always wise to protect your belongings & check every hotel room carefully, rather than take the critters home then face a lengthy and costly process to rid a home.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: