Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #31
Teki
Love the Indi hats!
My family takes odd pics like that every time we go

ok provided Jareds Laptop works with me I should be able to move foreward with this trip report. I am sorry it has taken so long but we have had a loss in the family and things have been pretty nuts Jared lost his grandfather whom he was very close to ::sigh::

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]back to the report After Jared made some ducky friends we headed to our blue bayou reservation we had an hour wait for a water side table so we walked around NOS and froze to death sitting on a bench people watching.

I know we had a picture of our dinner but it seems to have disappeared for ever we had the Roasted beef strip loin and Jared had pirate juice lol. We ended our night with some yummy chocolate cake and a ride on pirates.
During the meal we did have this one boat foat by that was screaming at us. They wanted us to throw rolls as if I want to risk my vaca so they can have some free bread some people really dont think about those around them. Anyway thats it for day 3 tomorrow starts wit a royal breakfast [/COLOR]
Teki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #32
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Day 4
Ok so moving right along this morning we had a breakfast ressie at Ariels grotto so after waking and dressing we crossed the street and walked through The grand Californian and in to DCA

it was a little odd because the park was barely open, and I guess they hold guests at the hotel gate for a certain amount of time past the main gate opening so at first they let us through then they called us back then they let us through again because we were going to a breakfast but they wanted to walk with us a certain distance it was kinda confusing. At anyrate we made it to Ariels grotto and were lined up on the stair case.

Once down the stairs we were able to meet Ariel, I though she was pretty but I didnt feel like she had Ariels personality down

This was another resturant that thought there were 3 of us again so we got to sit at a big table lol

We were first brought a 3 trier thingy with plates of fruits cheese and pastrys I was probably more excited about cheese then I should have been

after that I felt like we waited around for a long time so I took a couple pictures

Finally the first princess was announced I was hoping to see Cinderella, Belle, and Aurora. The first princess was Snow white so I was temporarily disapointed

Next up was belle you can see Im a little more excited in this picture
if your curious about my giant shirt my mom bought that for me online it came to big but she really wanted us to wear them sooo im wearing it lol

Next up was Jasmine Jareds favorite so he took the picture this time unfortunalty our new camera ruined it

Finally our food arrived! I did not like the potatos but other wise it was ok

Finally the last princess was Aurora so we got to see two of the three I was intrested in! Jared and I are found of Aurora because weve decided if we have a girl her name will be Aurora (a boy would be Jack lol)

After that we finished up our breakfast and headed out in to the park. To sum it up as usual I dont really enjoy the food at this breakfast, but I do like how the princesses come out one at a time etc so it was fun
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #33
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

After breakfast we headed over to the little mermaid ride and dove under the sea

after that we went for a little bit of a walk heading over to Hollywood back lot

finally we made it over there and took a ride through monstropolis

Next we were wanting to do the Animation building, but we needed to wait till a certain time to draw the character we wanted to we headed over to carsland for a bit
We started with RSR which is my FAVORITE! We did notice that the whole trip the hudson hornet didnt seem to be working that was sad (he wasnt moving)

Next as Jared promised he rode Maters Junk yard Jamboree with me yay!

Last time we were here there were two ride areas this tine one of the areas looked like this

Next we headed over for a snack at the cozy cone

I had an Ice cream and Jared had Churro Bites and a soda in a cone cup (which we bought to give our friend who thins they are silly)

Jared managed to spill half his chocolate sauce lol but aside that the snacks were pretty good, we then headed over to the animation

Well thats all for tonight folks hoping to have more time to write soon
Old 04-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #34
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Next we headed to the animation building outside in the windows they had some costumes from ABC's once upon a time I really locve this show and tried to snap a few pics it was pretty hard

after that we headed on inside

We still had a bit before the animation lesson so we headed into the beasts library to find out what characters we were this time

I was Cinderella this time

Jared was Marlin again

Next we headed in to Ursula's Grotto this time Jared let me pick a song instead of Acting I was pretty excited we sang Happy Un Birthday

Then we headed out to the lobby to wait for the Animation Academy to open up

Finally we were able to head on in an draw Perry the Platypus
mine

jareds

Old 04-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

The animator gave us the drawing because of our newlywed status

From there we headed to Trutle Talk where Jared earned the name Jamming Jared and was told he had sea moss growing on his face it was pretty awesome. Then we headed out to off the page and made a few purchases (loved being able to send things back to the hotel!)

Next we headed over to Tower of terror one of our favorites!

next we were feeling pretty beat so we headed to the hotel for a short nap before heading back to the park by now it was dinner time we wanted to have dinner at flo's but it was closed so we headed over to Cover Bar on the way we snapped a couple pics of Jared in his new hat

we started by ordering the lemonade

It was ok I would have prefered it to have more strawberry then just the foam
for dinner we ordered the Lobster nachos and one of the few foods we agree on Spinach and artichoke dip to share

both were kind of a flop, the spinich dip was better but we really didnt like either sad. After we finished eating we headed over for Toy story Mid way Mania

Jared wins this round

Old 04-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #36
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

next we decided to as Jaredc puts it look upon the face of God lol
that is we took a ride on Mickey's Fun wheel (stationary swining looks horrifying to me lol)

Jared was cold lol

I was disapointed at how difficult it was to take a photo of the view or for that matter see it, it looks alot like this

then I turned the flash off but I couldnt get it to come out not blurry

at any rate after our ride ended we headed toward the front of the park and saw its tough to be a bug

After that we were pretty tired and decided to call it a night so thus ends day 4
Old 04-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #37
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying your honeymoon DL trip report. Your I'll be your Mickey/Minnie shirts are adorable!

Guess we can mark the Cove Bar off our list to eat. Too bad you had a disappointing meal. I think I'll just focus on the delicious looking dessert at Blue Bayou.

Good score on TSMM - that is our favorite attraction. Thank you for taking the time to do a TR. It's fun!

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #38
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]Day 5 I was super excited abotu Wednesday today was the day we were supposed to go on our walt in walks footsteps tour! We started the day bright and early bu ordering room service which I've never gotten to do before!

Jared had Stitch's Breakfast Sandwhich and I hat Oatmeal and Hot Tea

They were both Delcious! We ate our breakfast in the window enjoying the view it felt pretty amazing
After we finished and dressed we headed down to the parks, it was a little confusing because it said on our ticket to meet in front of guided tours 30 mins before out time, but the park didnt open until our tour time so we werent sure where to go, but the CM at bag check was helpful and pointed us in the right direction where we found this sign

it became confusing again because apparently they were opening the handicap entrance earlier then the regular entrances (I didnt know they did that you learn something new every day) and it was right next to our sign so alot of non tour people were in the tour area and some tour people were in the entrance line. Finally a really nice tour guide came out and told us a pretty cool story about the news stand and then let us into the park about 20 minutes before the park opened it was SO COOL!

she lead us over to the guided tour area where we waiting in a line to order lunch and recieve buttons

We thought the orginal lady would be our tour guide but it turns out she was just helping at the register, and this other girl was to be our tour guide (Im sorry Im terrible with names) The new girl gave us our head phones and speaker

The tour started in front of the fire station, it was hard to follow our tour guide, it took most of the tour for us to figure out what was going on. The best we could figure is that rather then having a memorized tour she had the speil playing in her ear and she was attempting to relay it to us. She would say something stop look up like she was thinking and then start again somewhere else along the story. It became difficult to follow and I felt it would have been harder if I didnt already know most of the stories she was telling I did learn a few new things from the tour but I had to look them up when I got home to get the whole story.

The tour then moved from the fire station to the flag pole where we listened to Walt's opening day speech
(I love the tulips!)
We then moved on to the partners statue where she sort of talked about how it all started with a mouse and then movied on to what it was made of and when it was installed.
We then headed in to fantasy land she talked a little about the orginal fantasy land in front of peter pan and then we were supposed to get to ride it, but it was down so we moved on.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #39
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Next up the petrified tree here she talked about there anivesary at the golden horse shoe and how walt gifted the tree to his wife and she donated it to the park. Followed by a story about walt in the war and why he wanted the rivers of america and tom sawyers island to be in his park (this is one of the things I learned from, but it was so hard to follow i looked it up when I got home)

After that we moved on to new orleans square, she started talking about the area and its history and abruptly moved in to the history of the club, I did learn alot about club 33 here, she seemed to have that part more memorized then other parts.

Next she left us outside the door to Club 33 and went around through some secret entrance to let us in. It was awkward to stand there with no tour guide a group of people just staring at a door. There was a small child on our tour, after taking the tour I dont think its somethign i would bring kids on, but they did and they did push there stroller in to the lobby with all us people it was a pretty tight squeeze >.<

I was pretty giddy to be inside the club (I just found out my boss has reservations there in August and I was excited just to be in the lobby lol)
However the tour guide didnt tell any stories I didnt already know, but I expected that on this tour so it was all groovy.

next up we headed to the cross roads fountian I expected her to talk about why it was called that etc, but she didnt instead she started to talk about the train when she was interupted by a conducter calling her over so she left us there and then quickly returned to tell us we needed to get on the train or we would have to wait for the next one and that would put us behind schdule (I thought that was odd since we skipped the ride on peter pan, but i guess i am not the one trying to be on time lol) so we all hoped on the trian.

we took the train to tomorrow land and stopped at Autopoia where she finished talking about the train and then gave us a potty break.
after we regrouped we headed over to finding nemo where she talked about walts submarine fleet

next it was off to its a small world where she discussed the worlds fair and the history of the ride and then we took a spin. While it was neat to get on this ride with no wait there never really was a wait for this on our trip so it was kind of a wash lol

After our ride around the world we realized we were starving we noticed some of our group sneak off for some popcorn before the tour guide got off her boat we weren't fast enough lol next we walked from small world alll the way to the Lincoln theater were she talked about some of the museum artifacts and portraits

After that the main part of the tour was over and we were split in to two groups. Jared and I were in the first group to visit the apartment the tour guide who took us up there was much more informative if not a little more abrasive we werent the only members in our group to notice she seemed a little grumpy. She told us to leave all bags and back packs out side the door I understood the reason for this not wanting us to bump into anything but I was about to leave my purse outside the door so I left it on and hoped no one would say anything to me. Another guest in the group put her purse in the pile of bags and was pretty upset when the tour guide closed the door she was pretty vocal about it. The orginal tour guide that brought us into the park heard her and went out to get it for her while the other tour guide pretty much ignored her. The tour of the apartment and getting to stand in it and see it was by far the best part of the tour I was so cool to be somewhere you knew for totally sure walt was and was untouched!

After that it was time for lunch I was pleasantly suprised by the lunch I figured it was going to just be generic sandwhichs, but it was DELCIOUS I so cant wait to eat this salad again (its available at jolly holiday bakery) I had the jolly holiday salad with water and a matterhorn macaroon, Jared had the Turkey sandwhich with a the mickey chocolate carmel tart. The chips that came with Jareds sandwhich were to die fore mmm mmm mmm

after we finished eating our tour guide brought out pins and fast passes to make up for our miss on peter pan. We were given the option of choosing a specific attraction or having her right any attraction naturally we chose any and then picked the one with the longest line...it was peter pan lol

so we headed over to peter pan and attempted to use it. It was kind of awkward because you have to go through the exit so when we first atempted it a CM outside the ride tried to stop us so we explained and then were let in and told to stop at a line, but the CM at the exit cant see you so you have to wait for then to check and see if people are there then they let us come up use the fast passes and get on the ride

Old 04-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #40
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #41
dreeger
Mouseketeer

Teki - congrats!

My Husband, son, and I were standing in line in front of you down the staircase at Ariel's grotto! I think my hubby took the picture of you two on the stairs. I was just reading through your TR and saw that pic and did a double take.

It's a Small world after all! :-)

Past DL Trips:
June 2010 Homewood Suites, June 2012 Homewood Suites, February 2013 Marriott & Marriott Suites, May 2013 Residence Inn (Garden Grove), July 2013 Doubletree Orange, November 2013 Ayers Orange & Disneyland Hotel, March 2014 Doubletree Orange
dreeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #42
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Omg I remember you guys then how funny lol well thank you then !
Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #43
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Day 5 cont:
It's getting to be a little silly to me how little time I have to do my trip reports

So after our flight through never land we headed over to Toady you can tell Jared is well fed and in a good mood because he hammed it up a bit for the camera lol

Next up Pinochio (my least fave no joke the whale scares me I know im silly but hes freaky >.<)

After that we did nothing that makes any kind of sense lol we walked over to Adventure land and did tiki room where I got a dole whip and watched the tiki room (if you read my October Trip report you know this was a big YAY!!)

from there we walked through the hub

I told Jared he wasnt smiling he insisted he was and I pointed out no one can tell because of his facial hair or sea moss as Crush says so he did this

and wound up at our personal Fave Astro Blasters

Then we start to make sense again and decide its time for a nap and head up mainstreet, we decided to stop and pick up the candy our family requested as well as some treats for ourselves
We shared this strawberry....if share means that I gave Jared 1 bite lol So Yummy

Um incase anyone wants to know yes I gained weight on this trip and it was sad but more then a little worth it lol snacks anyone ?

Nap time!
After we woke up we headed over to DCA through the Grand Californian we took a few pictures on the way

I can tell you Jared really apreciates this one lol

Old 04-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #44
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Day 5 Cont
We entered DCA through the grand and walked towards Beuna Vista street through Condor flats we stoped to watch Minnies Fly girls, I thought the show was pretty cute

I dont recommend standing on the edge to view the show the view isnt that great and you kinda of get moved around alot they tell you to stand there before it starts then they move you so the fly girls can come through then they ask you to move back then they move you so minnie can come through and then put you back. Also the view isnt great as you can see from the photos. However you do get a pretty good view of the talking Minnie because she stops at the edge of the stage for a few seconds. Jared was pretty impressed by it. I had never seen it in person, but thought it looked great!

After the show we continued our walk over to Cars land for yet another ride on Radiator springs Racers (my Favorite!!!)

after that we were starving so we headed to pacific warf for some yummy soup sooo good its one of my favorite disney meals I had the tomato soup and hot tea

Jared got some sort of chinese chicken I want to say its orange, but I honestly don't remember he says it was good though

After we finished eating we went over to see if we could wait for world of color yet (we picked up our complimentary fast passes from the hotel when we napped ) we couldn't yet so we got some hot chocolate ( I wanted the cars souviner mug for my mom she loves both Coffee and Tow mater lol) and sat on a planter to wait for them to open up. We waited for some time and didnt notice anyone being allowed into the seating (aka standing) area, but all of a sudden a cast member aproached us. She said with a little attitude to us, Are you planning on seeing world of color? to which we said yes and she then said Well do you have a fast pass? and we said yes (well I said Duh...I didnt like her attitude) she was stunned for a a few seconds (I assume she wanted to tell us off for thinking we could watch the show from the planter I did here here telling off the family that had been sitting next to us after we started to walk away) and then asked to see them so Jared showed then to her and she siad oh you can go in the waiting area. I did not know there was a waiting area o.O it seemed a little awkward when we arrived it was like a roped off area in front of where the standing areas are and we had to stand in it, like cattle in a pin. Finally after about 20 mins we went in to sit and wait.

Here we are waiting near the planter

Here the Camera died...again Im not a fan of our tiny new camera and neither is Jared I tried to talk him in to returning it, but I dont think he wanted the hassle.
So I have only two more pictures from Day 5 they are of us waiting for WOC in the standing area Jared would not take any of the show hes afraid of getting his phone wet and I was cold and wrapped up in our blanket the whole time.
so here they are lol

after that we scurried away from the disperseing crowds, exited through the Grand and headed back to our hotel for some sleepy time.

Well thats all for today next time I have a few minutes Ill start day 6!

Old 05-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #45
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Day 6
On day 6 we woke up bright an early for a 9:30 Breakfast reservation at carnation cafe. We arrived at Disneyland at 9 when they allowed guests on to main street we wondered around main while we waiting for carnation cafe to open.

soon it was time for breakfast

Jared ordered a cinnamon spice hot chocolate he said it was delcious
I ordered the Huevos Rancheros one of my favotire breakfasts. It was tasty and filling but I did not like the hard shells used I prefer a soft tortilla.
Jared ordered Oscars special

After we finished breakfast we headed over to Indiana Jones, Jared asked the cast member if the wait time on the sign was correct it said 25 mins but it looked pretty backed up. The cast member said it should be but gave Jared this card and told him we could find out lol

it was correct we waiting about 28 minutes exactly lol.
From there we headed over to haunted Mansion, I dont know why Im posing this way but it looks pretty silly

from there we took a ride on Pirates

Then we hopped on the train and headed to Toon town
I never noticed the name on this dog house it your an Indiana Jones buff you will also find it amusing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: