Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #76
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSky612 View Post
Only one person in our party has ever been on a cruise before! We are all looking forward to it, and I really appreciate and enjoy all the tips and pictures on here!
This is a great place to find travel information, that's for sure. Trip reports can teach you things tour guide books can not. Plus, you meet some great people along the way and form friendships for life. You are in the right place.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #77
jennab05
Mouseketeer

Love your trip report and your photos are fantastic! looked like you guys had a great time
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #78
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennab05 View Post
Love your trip report and your photos are fantastic! looked like you guys had a great time
Thank you. We had a great time and can not wait to go again!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #79
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Love your trip report!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #80
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
This is a great place to find travel information, that's for sure. Trip reports can teach you things tour guide books can not. Plus, you meet some great people along the way and form friendships for life. You are in the right place.
One Tree Hill, I have been reading your thread over the last few days, and it is great! Wonderful pictures, and I love the fact that even though you take picures professionaly, not all of the pics were "set up". We get to see what Castaway Key actually looks like!

And as far as finding travel information, you couldn't be more right. We are planning our first cruise, and I have learned sooooo much here! Can't wait until 2014!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #81
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Love your trip report!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordMomof2 View Post
One Tree Hill, I have been reading your thread over the last few days, and it is great! Wonderful pictures, and I love the fact that even though you take picures professionaly, not all of the pics were "set up". We get to see what Castaway Key actually looks like!

And as far as finding travel information, you couldn't be more right. We are planning our first cruise, and I have learned sooooo much here! Can't wait until 2014!
Thank you. I honestly had no intentions of doing a trip report, without notes it has made the writing a little more difficult. That gives me a reason to go back though, right? We are looking at the Fantasy next fall. What ship are you guys planning to go on? We want to try them all! I'm just scared now to try the older ones, after cruising on The Dream first.

Last edited by OneTreeHillAddict; 01-05-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #82
OneTreeHillAddict

Checking things out - part one

I apologize for everything being out of order again. Now these are the pictures I took upon arrival, and on the first outing. I was trying to document every little detail in case I missed something and had questions about it later.

This is taken from our balcony.

Everyone took their sweet time getting dressed. Three kids that are in no hurry, story of my life. Next we went up to Cabanas for some breakfast. They had something for everyone on that buffet! DD introduced me to some friends she had met in Edge the night before, and finally we were all done and ready to go. Felt like it took us six hours to get off the ship and onto the island!

One of the first things I noticed was a sign saying all excursions had been canceled for the day. We didn't have anything booked, but I'm sure that upset a lot of people. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not sure why they were all canceled. The weather was a little stormy looking but it never did more than rain, not that we saw anyway. By late afternoon it was bright and sunny out.

When the tram stopped we were let off near the gift shop we went back to at the end of the day. We had picked out what we wanted to buy, but didn't want to get anything 'til we were on the way out. My husband loves to shop. Most women would find this exciting, me, not so much. He knows now I'd rather him buy me a palm tree than roses. C'mon now...palm trees last many years and they continue to grow. Cut flowers last a few days then blah. I know, I am not a "normal" woman. Anyway, he wanted this hat.

He ended up buying a t shirt instead.

Not this one...

Not the orange one either, although he considered that one.

DS looks like he's having fun, huh?

Finally off to check out the sites of Castaway Cay!

Oh look. The Dream is such a beauty over there...

Not sure what kind of pictures I will need later so let's take one more!

Old 11-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #83
OneTreeHillAddict

Checking things out - part two

Oooh I have heard about this place!

Not so happenin' something....

Someone was getting married here.

Well, maybe they had already gotten married. We passed the people heading out to the dock so maybe we just missed their nuptials.

Smile baby girl!

Baby DS was having the time of his life!

Even the storage buildings look good in this setting!

One of my favorite shots from the whole trip...

I will probably never get pictures like this again, without people in them. (Other than my family anyway.)

There was no one over here at all.

I took these shots to use as backgrounds in my photo books.

Taking it all in...

Old 11-03-2012, 12:57 AM   #84
OneTreeHillAddict

Checking things out - part three

My babies having a great time!

The kids water play area...

FINALLY! People!!!

The "Bahamian Island" shops

Oh, for those that may need a beach wheel chair they are available here. They had beach strollers for babies too!

This looked a little bit like the new Fatasyland area behind the restrooms near the train.

They were getting ready for lunch on the island!

By the way ya'll, the food was pretty good over there. They had yummy pineapple upside down cake. They had those famous chocolate chip cookies too. I didn't really care much for those to be honest. I had some fish and a spicy chicken sandwich. Both delicious! I do have some buffet pictures, and I will add those next time. My hands are literally about to freeze off and I still have some testing to do before bed. Until next time...
Old 11-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #85
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Great pics of CC- I really can't wait!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

Old 11-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #86
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Great pictures!
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Old 11-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #87
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Wow you really did have the place to yourselves for a while. Those are some great shots!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #88
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
All caught up! Great pics of CC- I really can't wait!
I kind of wish we would have had a few weeks to plan our trip, but it was last second. I learned a lot though. I'm beginning to think hurricane season is an excellent time to travel. Our cruise could have been extra slow seeing that we traveled on 9-11. I didn't even realize it at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
Great pictures!
Thank you. Lucky you....living so close to WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Wow you really did have the place to yourselves for a while. Those are some great shots!
We sure did. It was nice.

Thank you.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #89
Toria
DIS Veteran

I have enjoyed your TR about WDW! The lack of crowds looked heavenly. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your cruise.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #90
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
I have enjoyed your TR about WDW! The lack of crowds looked heavenly. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your cruise.
Thanks. We go to WDW a lot and that was the slowest we had ever seen it! If people like to travel with low crowds that's definitely the time to go.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: