Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #32
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchaholic View Post
I am so happy to come across your report , first of all , we are planning the same cruise , 4 night nasseau , we have never , ever cruised before .

second of all , your pics are crazy , that is so cool , I cannot beleive you have that pic with Jonny Van Zandt , crazyness ! I love Blind Melon and AIC , so that was pretty cool that I tripped across your report .

I am also happy to hear that if we do it , I can put my 11 year old and 14 year old together in the same club , they are both a little shy , well my daughter is ... , until she gets to know you .

Keep writing please , I cannot wait to get the full scoop from your report
If this is your very first cruise you are in for a shocker! You are going to LOVE it! I think I can help you out here. Sure will try.

JVZ was in LSky right? I had heard of him when we were backstage, but wasn't quite sure where I'd heard it. He was on a tour with Shooter Jennings and Charlie Daniels. We had the best time with those guys. Shannon was my buddy. We were real close, and I still get angry about his death.

Yes, this is the good thing about the clubs. Your kids will be more comfortable hanging out together. That way they know someone and it will be easier for them to make friends with other kids. Make sure you go around and look at all of them as soon as you get on the ship. It's a great time to take pictures and explore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
LOL. I don't want to hear 10 years from now that DS14 lost his virginity on our family Disney cruise. We want him to have fun but there is a limit!
Oh my God no! I would freak out. I think I have my kids (and their friends) scared out of trying that stuff too soon. I have my sons BFF scared to even kiss a girl now. We told him about how when a boy gets a girl pregnant, her parents can send him to jail, and well...it has worked wonders. He asks me about it constantly. Then last week his parents sent him to the scared straight program (because his older brother got busted for smoking weed) and he is paranoid of going to jail. Whatever works, right?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #33
desamnik
Mouseketeer

Ok, I've been reading and not posting!

Please don't stop, I am enjoying your report so much!
We leave on 11/3 for a 7night eastern Car. cruise, just dh and I celebrating our 15th anniversary and his birthday is on Nov. 4th.

We love Disney cruises, (we've never cruised another) this will be our 3rd, tghe other two w/ our two kids. We go to WDW annually and enjoy that also.

Favorite attraction at WDW? probably "Soarin", with BTMRR a close second.

Favorite part of cruise? Castaway Cay with the shows and movie theater a close second...

Please write on
Old 10-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #34
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desamnik View Post
Please don't stop, I am enjoying your report so much!
We leave on 11/3 for a 7night eastern Car. cruise, just dh and I celebrating our 15th anniversary and his birthday is on Nov. 4th.

We love Disney cruises, (we've never cruised another) this will be our 3rd, tghe other two w/ our two kids. We go to WDW annually and enjoy that also.

Favorite attraction at WDW? probably "Soarin", with BTMRR a close second.

Favorite part of cruise? Castaway Cay with the shows and movie theater a close second...

Please write on
Lucky girl! I can't wait to do a 7 night. Oh I LOVE the movie theater! We spent a lot of time in there. We watched The Avenger's about 4 times, Timothy Green, and Brave for the first time. I will do an update over here tomorrow if nothing else. I'm going to add a few tidbits, fun things I got in the mail today.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:57 AM   #35
OneTreeHillAddict

Cool Free Stuff!

I recently started couponing again. I used to do it all the time before these TV shows existed and I was great at it. We were usually paid to shop back then. Stores would do double coupons up to $1.99 often, and I would come out with buggies full of free food and $ in my pocket. I was given $17 and some change once at Harris Teeter. I miss having those around here. Anyway, I subscribe to many of those sites on FB, and if I see a good deal I'm on it. I saw a free $40 credit if we made an order at Paper Coterie. I'd never heard of them so I checked it out. I love Shutterfly, and I'm a photographer so when free photo gifts come out I'll give it a shot. Sorry Shutterfly, but it's FREE.

So, with my $40 I ordered a journal for my daughter, a journal for me, and some holiday gift tags. All I had to do was pay for shipping. My husband used his credit for a photo book. It looks great, but I prefer SF for the books because I have so much control on how they look. Layout and design is easy plus they have the cutest artwork....1000's of items to pick from. Still, PC did a great job on the book and I think most people would be more than pleased with it.

Order one: (Not all, but some of it)

About a week after I received these items they did a $40 FB appreciation offer for new and existing customers. On the second go around I ordered three journals and an awesome poster to hang in my office.

Order two:

The poster! It is thick and feels like faux leather. Very high quality and packaged well.

These are the spiral bound journals. They have a clear plastic across the top. You can print on the first page, and on the inside page as well.

This is the one I made especially for our next trip. It has the dates on the front, and it is for the whole family to write in. I want to bring it to the parks, write down what we do, what we eat, etc. I want the kids and Sidney to write in it several times a day. (We have to fill it up!) We're going to have the characters sign it. Any stickers we're given will go right into the book. I think this will be really cute when it's all said and done. A memory to cherish forever, all included in one place.

I thought you guys might want to sign up with them so you can get the offers too. And if you hear of anything before I do please let me know. Same goes for Shutterfly. (They get way too much of our money)

Here's a link to the Paper Coterie website.

Paper Coterie on FB, and when I just looked they had a 50% off cards code up.

And while you are on FB, come on over to my page too!

I will be back tomorrow to post another cruise update. Until then...

Last edited by OneTreeHillAddict; 01-05-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:59 AM   #36
Lisa Anne
Earning My Ears

From a New Diser

My name is Lisa and am planning our first trip to the world.. we plan on leaving on May 31, 2014 and arriving for our 6n/7d stay can't wait to actually start booking in Febuary of next year. I never knew there was so much Disney had to offer with cruises and such; and can not wait to see more of your pics hope you had a blast and talk to you soon...
Old 10-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #37
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Anne View Post
My name is Lisa and am planning our first trip to the world.. we plan on leaving on May 31, 2014 and arriving for our 6n/7d stay can't wait to actually start booking in Febuary of next year. I never knew there was so much Disney had to offer with cruises and such; and can not wait to see more of your pics hope you had a blast and talk to you soon...
Oh yes, there is a lot to do there. You are in the right place to do your research. The Disboards are full of Disney fans who share everything. My older trip reports have even more detail than this latest one. If you have younger kids they might help you out. We used to go to BBB every visit one or two times plus I think I cover all of the dining within those babies. If you have questions about anything just ask. I'd love to help you out. May is a good time. If you have Star Wars fans in your crowd, that will be going on at DHS during your stay. If you do not like SW you will want to avoid DHS on the weekends. Little things...they make a difference. Welcome to the trip report Lisa.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #38
FOV
Mouseketeer

The books you made look great. Your kids are so lucky to have all those memories preserved. We've come such a long way from those awful plastic sleeve albums. I used to get so frustrated and many of my pics stayed in shoe boxes to be organized some day.. (still waiting for that day!)

Looking forward to the next installment and more of your beautiful pics. I love how you share so much about yourself. It brings a nice dimension to your report. Cool!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #39
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing them and all the info we needed!! I'm going to check out those links right now.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #40
Mickcruiser
Earning My Ears

Hopping on and joining in.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #41
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Signing on! Your pics are amazing! We take our 1st cruise aboard the Dream in April and I can't wait!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

Old 10-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #42
OneTreeHillAddict

Cabin details

If you guys are like me you want to know every little detail of what to expect. I am all about the details, so I’m going to back up to when we first entered our cabin. This was our first cruise with Disney. It felt like everything was different. Being a huge Disney fan I loved this! We will start with the bathroom.

Looking down the hall to our restrooms doors. Yes, this cabin had two on the left. The one closest to the entrance door had a toilet and sink inside. The other door housed a second sink and a bathtub/shower combo. To the right you have a good sized closet and a big safe. The safe held my medium sized purse, and two Nikon cameras with big lenses attached. It still had a little bit of room left after all of that was put in. Thumbs up on the safe, and storage area. We actually had a couple of different closets side by side. Disney did a superb job with maximizing storage space.

This is the toilet area. It is tight but it works. They have shelves everywhere to hold everything you could possibly need.

This is the little bathtub. In this space you also have a second sink. At 5’9 it was perfect for me. Had I been a couple of inches taller I don’t think I would have fit into the shower, at least not under the shower head. When you leave it on the ceiling it's like a spa experience within itself. If you are tall you might end up on the ledge with the handheld sprayer. You will get clean one way or another. Like I said, Disney maximizes space and they do it well.

This is the sink in the bathing area. Again, plenty of took to put your soaps, shampoos, toothbrushes, etc.

Your Disney provided soap, shampoo, and lotion. FYI these products are amazing. After getting a sample of the “green” stuff from the Grand Floridian I was hooked. We bought the big bottles at WDW and they make your hair look and feel fabulous. The smell though…not one of my favorite scents in the world.

I’m not sure if I added room details or not. I don’t think I did so I will now. This was our bed. By the way the bedding is the most comfortable bedding I have ever slept on in my life. I will be buying similar items for my room here at home this December. It’s my Christmas present to myself, and it will be worth every penny!

See the red pillow? You can purchase this at the gift shop, and it’s close to $200. I want to say it was $175. I don’t think I’d want to pay that kind of money for a simple pillow, especially when WDW sells one very similar for @ $40.

*Pay close attention to your telephone beside the bed. It has your name on it!

When you come back into your room at night they have I all set up with chocolates and towel animals.

The kids freaked when they saw their beds all pulled out and ready. See the one in the back? That bed folds down out of the wall for guest five.

This is a view of the balcony from inside the cabin.

This was our view from the outside.

Oh yeah, one more quick thing. Look at the lights. Aren’t they cute?

You also have an iPod docking station right by the bed. You have an open bed underneath which is the perfect place for your suitcases and bags. The entertainment center is full of drawers and storage as well. Not once did we feel cramped while on this cruise. The cabins are a lot better than those we’ve experienced on RCCL and Carnival.

Overall we were very pleased with what we saw. Room service was excellent, we never needed anything. Our room was clean. It was spacious. 5 stars!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #43
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
The books you made look great. Your kids are so lucky to have all those memories preserved. We've come such a long way from those awful plastic sleeve albums. I used to get so frustrated and many of my pics stayed in shoe boxes to be organized some day.. (still waiting for that day!)

Looking forward to the next installment and more of your beautiful pics. I love how you share so much about yourself. It brings a nice dimension to your report. Cool!
Thanks. You know I rarely print pictures anymore. I keep meaning to. I save them up for years with plans to print them when my lab runs their sell in December. I always forget. I was just thinking about this the other day though, if I'm making books there's really no need in printing them for an album. Only problem is I bought a bunch of albums. Now I have to at least print enough pics to fill those.

I do share a lot, and that's probably why I want to know who all is reading along. I like for people to participate in my trip reports too. Show me their favorite Disney pictures, share their personal thoughts, etc. It's boring if it's all about me and my trip only. I have met some wonderful (Disney loving) people over the years and many times it started from a single post on a trip report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Great ideas! Thanks for sharing them and all the info we needed!! I'm going to check out those links right now.
Happy to help. I think everyone loves free, and I've seen them offer that $40 a couple of times in the past few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickcruiser View Post
Hopping on and joining in.
Welcome! Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Signing on! Your pics are amazing! We take our 1st cruise aboard the Dream in April and I can't wait!
Thank you. That means the world to me when people say that. The Dream is GORGEOUS! You are going to LOVE it!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #44
FOV
Mouseketeer

Love, love, love the room pics! How did your kids like the beds? I am particularly interested in the bed that pulls down from the ceiling. I figure we will stick DS12 up there. It's tough being the youngest!

Did the "lifeboat view" bother you when you were on the verandah? They seem so prominent.

I had NO idea those cute red pillows cost $200! We won't be getting one of those!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #45
OneTreeHillAddict

Quote:
Love, love, love the room pics! How did your kids like the beds? I am particularly interested in the bed that pulls down from the ceiling. I figure we will stick DS12 up there. It's tough being the youngest!

Did the "lifeboat view" bother you when you were on the verandah? They seem so prominent.

I had NO idea those cute red pillows cost $200! We won't be getting one of those!
I felt better with the boats being down there. It would break a fall...

You do not see them from your balcony unless you try. I was out on the balcony shooting down each side. When you are sitting there or looking out to the sea you don't notice them. They are a deck below you.

The top bunk would have held my husband easily. It was pretty cool actually. We all wanted to sleep in it. The kids fought over it. Every night they wanted to play in it...so I think DS12 will be more than happy with his bed.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: