Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #181
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7
 
TinkerbellLuvr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL-5 mins from the WDW Arch!
Posts: 5,259

At Hilton Head we've stayed in a condo at Palmetto Dunes when I was little and all the other times we've stayed at the Hilton at Hilton Head-Palmetto Dunes. It's now Omni Oceanfront at Hilton Head. We will also walk down and frequent the Hyatt for lunch which is now a Marriott..also Palmetto Dunes. The Disney resort was just in the building phases when we were last there so it's been many many many years!! We are hoping to go this summer..not sure if we will stay at Disney since the resort is separate from the beach front but we'll see what kind of CM discount I can get.
__________________
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #182
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC
 
OneTreeHillAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
At Hilton Head we've stayed in a condo at Palmetto Dunes when I was little and all the other times we've stayed at the Hilton at Hilton Head-Palmetto Dunes. It's now Omni Oceanfront at Hilton Head. We will also walk down and frequent the Hyatt for lunch which is now a Marriott..also Palmetto Dunes. The Disney resort was just in the building phases when we were last there so it's been many many many years!! We are hoping to go this summer..not sure if we will stay at Disney since the resort is separate from the beach front but we'll see what kind of CM discount I can get.
We drove when we went to HH. It seemed to take us forever to get to HH from I 95. I would like to go down and see the Disney resort for a day or two. I've heard good things about it. If they give you a good discount I'd definitely check it out. It can't be too far from the ocean. I wouldn't think so anyway. Have you been to other SC beaches? My husband used to work on Kiawah Island. We were thinking getaway weekend to either KI or HHI sometime this fall. I have an annual state park pass too, and there was an island near HH that looked deserted. Wild Horses running free, nothing built anywhere for miles and miles...this place looked like Heaven on Earth. I have to figure out exactly where that is. We have to spend a day there.
OneTreeHillAddict is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 AM   #183
dumb4disney
Earning My Ears
 
dumb4disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Navarre, Fl
Posts: 23

Talking Great Job!!!!

Great TR, I read it all in one night and enjoyed every bit of it! Our first and only to this date, DC was in 2009. I am retired USAF and my wife is currently still active duty and we are assigned in South Korea, but when we come back to the states for good in 2014 we plan on going on another 7 day cruise. Before we moved here we lived in NW florida and went to Walt Disney World every year and have seen our share of Disney Magic. We also plan on going to Tokyo Disney World before we leave here. Again I really enjoyed the TR and your very warm personality and willingness to help other DISers. I cant wait to read the new TR from your last vacation and the future TRs.
__________________
MEDW DD1(23)DD2(15) DD3(6)






dumb4disney is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #184
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 317

I just started your trip report. I am loving it! I had to skip ahead and write a post because I can't believe how empty Cataway Cay is! We cruised on the Dream two years ago during April vacation- we are limited to vacations because of my job and the island was full! Not so full that we didnt enjoy it but there were people everywhere! This year we are going on the fantasy during February vacation and I am sure it will be just as full.
__________________
momtoleasawav is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #185
kelly1275
Earning My Ears
 
kelly1275's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
We drove when we went to HH. It seemed to take us forever to get to HH from I 95. I would like to go down and see the Disney resort for a day or two. I've heard good things about it. If they give you a good discount I'd definitely check it out. It can't be too far from the ocean. I wouldn't think so anyway. Have you been to other SC beaches? My husband used to work on Kiawah Island. We were thinking getaway weekend to either KI or HHI sometime this fall. I have an annual state park pass too, and there was an island near HH that looked deserted. Wild Horses running free, nothing built anywhere for miles and miles...this place looked like Heaven on Earth. I have to figure out exactly where that is. We have to spend a day there.
Do you live in Myrtle Beach? We love it there and all the areas around it. North & South Carolina is on our list of places we would like to move to, along with Florida. My husband wants to move to Florida for the cruising(me for both cruising & Disney) but I like the weather in the Carolina's better. We've been putting in every day to win the 2013 HGTV dream home which is on Kiawah Island! We want to visit shackelford Island to see the wild horses and get lots of shells they have.

You should also do the Fantasy when we go on June 1 Our son is 8 and he can't wait to do more of the kids clubs this time. He only went a couple times last year because I wanted him to get the cruise experience to but he would rather stay there and play since the experience ended up coming to him more than we could have done. He met more characters than we saw around the ship and got to play games with them. One of the toy soldiers from Toy Story came in and played and he was so excited.
__________________
kelly1275 is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #186
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC
 
OneTreeHillAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb4disney View Post
Great TR, I read it all in one night and enjoyed every bit of it! Our first and only to this date, DC was in 2009. I am retired USAF and my wife is currently still active duty and we are assigned in South Korea, but when we come back to the states for good in 2014 we plan on going on another 7 day cruise. Before we moved here we lived in NW florida and went to Walt Disney World every year and have seen our share of Disney Magic. We also plan on going to Tokyo Disney World before we leave here. Again I really enjoyed the TR and your very warm personality and willingness to help other DISers. I cant wait to read the new TR from your last vacation and the future TRs.
Thank you. How nice is that to be stationed in Asia? That is definitely on our list of places we want to visit! We even googled to see if it were possible to drive from Europe to Asia and found out that it can be done, but is extremely difficult and dangerous to do. A cruise might be the best way for us to visit all of the places we have on our dream list. That is years in the future though. It will take a lot of spare time and money. Both of which I'm low on right now.


Tokyo Disney sounds like fun, but what about Hong Kong? Don't you want to visit there too? My girlfriend and her family are going next Christmas. I can not wait to hear about it.

Ya know if our experience, whether it be good or bad, can help someone make their vacation better I'm all for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoleasawav View Post
I just started your trip report. I am loving it! I had to skip ahead and write a post because I can't believe how empty Cataway Cay is! We cruised on the Dream two years ago during April vacation- we are limited to vacations because of my job and the island was full! Not so full that we didnt enjoy it but there were people everywhere! This year we are going on the fantasy during February vacation and I am sure it will be just as full.
Thank you. Yes it was empty! My friends couldn't believe how slow it was when we went. Like I said we booked this baby last minute. I didn't even get my documents before we sailed it happened so fast. I did not know what to expect. We had planned a trip on the Wonder during the April Hawaii sailing. That fell apart and I was so mad about it I didn't consider a cruise for a long time. I had done all the research on that ship and for Hawaii itself, but Castaway Cay wasn't part of that or Port Canaveral. I literally went in there clueless. Looking back though, and after talking to other friends who had sailed the PC cruises I realize now that our ship was empty. Keep in mind we sailed over 9-11. I guess some people still fear that date. I didn't even realize this until my sister pointed it out to us. (Via text while we were having lunch on the ship)

I think February will be a lot less busy than summer, spring break, and holidays. I'd love to go anytime, crowds don't bother me all that much. Not on the ship anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1275 View Post
Do you live in Myrtle Beach? YesWe love it there and all the areas around it. North & South Carolina is on our list of places we would like to move to, along with Florida. My husband wants to move to Florida for the cruising(me for both cruising & Disney) but I like the weather in the Carolina's better.We have been actively searching for a second home in FL. We've been putting in every day to win the 2013 HGTV dream home which is on Kiawah Island! Good luck!!!We want to visit shackelford Island to see the wild horses and get lots of shells they have. Is that the name of the state park island? I saw this on the SC local TV programming about a year ago. They were doing this thing on SC State Parks and I forgot to write down the info.

You should also do the Fantasy when we go on June 1 Our son is 8 and he can't wait to do more of the kids clubs this time. He only went a couple times last year because I wanted him to get the cruise experience to but he would rather stay there and play since the experience ended up coming to him more than we could have done. He met more characters than we saw around the ship and got to play games with them. One of the toy soldiers from Toy Story came in and played and he was so excited.
I would love to go on the Fantasy. I waited over 10 years to try our first Disney cruise. I'm hoping it won't take us that long to sail on the Fantasy.
OneTreeHillAddict is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #187
mindy20
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 273

Omg just read your whole TR start to finish it was sooooooo great, I Love all the pictures, it kept me more entertained than any others I've read. I usually read a couple pages then get bored, but not yours Thank you so much for doing it. We were on the Dream in May 2012 stayed in the 1 bedroom Suite. It's looks identical to your fantasy pics. We loved Conceirge on the cruise, the food fife rings were WONDERFUL ! The staff really are amazing, I used them for EVERYTHING, no matter what we needed they came through. We are a family of 5 kids ages (2,3,5) and wanted to splurge, the Conceirge on the ship is definitely way better than at the resorts. For us we don't feel like we get our money's worth at resorts for CL but on here it is Incredible or at least it was for us. Unfortunately, we are spoiled now, and I'm trying to figure out a way to justify spending this again. Ok I need your opinion should we try a fantasy cruise and less time at WDW or do more time at Disney with a 4 night Dream Cruise again ?I can't wait to read your other reports
__________________
mindy20 is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #188
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC
 
OneTreeHillAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy20 View Post
Omg just read your whole TR start to finish it was sooooooo great, I Love all the pictures, it kept me more entertained than any others I've read. I usually read a couple pages then get bored, but not yours Thank you so much for doing it. We were on the Dream in May 2012 stayed in the 1 bedroom Suite. It's looks identical to your fantasy pics. We loved Conceirge on the cruise, the food fife rings were WONDERFUL ! The staff really are amazing, I used them for EVERYTHING, no matter what we needed they came through. We are a family of 5 kids ages (2,3,5) and wanted to splurge, the Conceirge on the ship is definitely way better than at the resorts. For us we don't feel like we get our money's worth at resorts for CL but on here it is Incredible or at least it was for us. Unfortunately, we are spoiled now, and I'm trying to figure out a way to justify spending this again. Ok I need your opinion should we try a fantasy cruise and less time at WDW or do more time at Disney with a 4 night Dream Cruise again ?I can't wait to read your other reports
Can you post some pictures of your concierge lounge and the food they served? I would love to see what all they offer. I'm wondering if it is a spread like they offer @ midnight up by the clubs. Some nights that was good, but I am a picky eater so a lot of it I wouldn't eat.

I like both vacations a LOT! My family prefer a longer cruise over park days. I think I just take them to the parks way too much, so they liked something different and new. If I started cruising six months a year they'd probably go back to liking the parks more. Personally, if I had to choose tonight I would pick a longer cruise too. (I'd even give up the park completely to do that cruise)
OneTreeHillAddict is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #189
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC
 
OneTreeHillAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,098

OMGosh I totally forgot to update last night. As soon as I finish school with the little guy I will get it updated. Sorry.
OneTreeHillAddict is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 02:54 AM   #190
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC
 
OneTreeHillAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,098

Can I just move into this room?

My last update included a fabulous bar, but it has nothing on what I'm about to show you. Keep in mind I am a girl and although I don't care for fancy shoes and tons of jewelry, I do like frilly things from time to time. When I saw this bar I wanted to have a seat and not move for days!



Do you see why? Yeah, I could sit here with Realityland, a pitcher of margaritas, and be happy for hours, perhaps days. Look at the walls ya'll! The lounger, the lights, wow! I think I've entered heaven and then I see this!



Look at that couch! My poor husband. He has googling furniture for weeks now. I want this and I am not kidding. This couch would fit into my living room perfectly. The chairs may be a little too much, as would be the window treatment, but the couch...if ya'll know where I can find something similar let me know! The window treatments are cute aren't they? The dust they'd generate though, ugh. Not for me.

Here's one more of my couch...



OMGosh. I just realized this is Disney's version of the adult Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!

Okay, as I write this I am jamming to some Journey. What? Just because I love The Ramones, Nirvana, Metallica, Corrosion of Conformity, and Janes Addiction does not mean I can't appreciate all music. Okay, so have you guys heard this new singer they've been touring with? Well, they were on tour with him in '09. He sounds just like Steve Perry! He's as tiny as a cricket too, cute as a button. I just wanna squeeze his cheeks. I know Neal Schon from his Hardline days <---hair metal band that was big for about 6 minutes. Neal is, well was at the time, married to the Gioeli brother's sister. He is a little bit shorter than me and that new singer is way smaller than him! I was like, "SIDNEY YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!!!! HE SOUNDS JUST LIKE STEVE PERRY AND LOOK HOW CUTE HE IS!!!!" If these guys are still touring I have to go see them. I love me some Journey. "Stone in Love" baby!

Now back to my dream couch...

Well, another part of the room that screams royalty!



An area for the boys...not so pink



In this next one you can see the ceiling! Once again I am in love. The trim and design on this ceiling is gorgeous! I'd like to do it somewhere. However mine would have chandeliers hanging down, not those gold flowers or whatever they are.



I think my calling as a photographer should have been combined with interior design. Hey, it's all art, right?

I suppose this is pretty when sailing the big blue ocean, but not such a pretty site out the window on this particular day.



Okay, "Whiskey in the Jar" time! Not literally, although that wouldn't be so bad. I'd love some Jack Daniel's, Jim Beam, or Crown. I was referring to the Metallica video though. I need to get a move on here.

Pretty lamp in front of the pretty wall...



That was pretty huh? I don't know the name of that place, maybe one of ya'll do. The next place, still no name stored in the memory, looked like a carousel. (The bar did anyway)



Cool, huh? Lot's of lights, round, and plenty of seats. I could tend bar here and enjoy it. Much better than the bars I used to mix drinks in.





This one is a little less girly, but I still love it!



This is my absolute favorite part of this club/bar. Of course I want one in our house.



A bigger table would be a nice touch with mine, but isn't this seat great? This would match perfectly just like it sits. Love the color!

Those of you who sailed on the Fantasy should add some drinks ya got here in these bars! I would love to see that. Doesn't each bar have it's own specialty menu?

Okay, one last picture before I retire to watch, a day later, "Once Upon a Time".



Talk to you all soon! Don't be shy. Post some pictures!
OneTreeHillAddict is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #191
missj1975
DIS Veteran
 
missj1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,466

Your awesome Pink Pictures are from Ooh La La. Hubby and I did have some speciality drinks in the Skyline lounge and I know I took pictures, just have to remember which usb drive they are on, will post later.
__________________
June '87 Disney Inn, July '05 Off Site, Oct '05 Off Site, Dec '06 WL
Jan '08 Pop, Sept '08 Pop, Feb '09 Pop, June '09 Pop, 9-9-09 DL, Sept '10 Pop, Wonder Dec '10, Feb '11 BC/Dream, Sept '13 AOA,
Sept '11 Wonder/DL, Room for One More event, March '12 Fantasy, Dec '12 Dream, May '13 Dream, Sept '14 Fantasy
missj1975 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #192
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC
 
OneTreeHillAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
Your awesome Pink Pictures are from Ooh La La. Hubby and I did have some speciality drinks in the Skyline lounge and I know I took pictures, just have to remember which usb drive they are on, will post later.
Ooh La La is a fitting name. Is that the pink fluffy place? What about the carousel room?
OneTreeHillAddict is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #193
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,476

WOW....love that bar!
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #194
missj1975
DIS Veteran
 
missj1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,466

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Ooh La La is a fitting name. Is that the pink fluffy place? What about the carousel room?
La Piazza is the room with the carousel, it is an Italian theme.

I personally like the Dream's Pink room better (I think it is just called Pink). I love the corner with all the pink champaigne bottles.
__________________
June '87 Disney Inn, July '05 Off Site, Oct '05 Off Site, Dec '06 WL
Jan '08 Pop, Sept '08 Pop, Feb '09 Pop, June '09 Pop, 9-9-09 DL, Sept '10 Pop, Wonder Dec '10, Feb '11 BC/Dream, Sept '13 AOA,
Sept '11 Wonder/DL, Room for One More event, March '12 Fantasy, Dec '12 Dream, May '13 Dream, Sept '14 Fantasy
missj1975 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #195
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC
 
OneTreeHillAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
WOW....love that bar!
I could live with that as my "woman" cave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
La Piazza is the room with the carousel, it is an Italian theme.

I personally like the Dream's Pink room better (I think it is just called Pink). I love the corner with all the pink champaigne bottles.
I thought it had it's own name. I was too sidetracked by the ceiling to hear what was going on around me. Pink is gorgeous too. You know the entire time we were on the Dream I never saw a single person in there! I went by it a good bit night and day. One time I saw the bartender polishing glasses but never a customer. I'm thinking I was on a ghost ship!
OneTreeHillAddict is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: