Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
hugApug
The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful-e.e. cummings

T-Rex- ADR or Sit at the bar?

We'll be at WDW next June, and I'd love to try a few of the appetizers and a cotton-tini at TRex. The question is, would the 2 of us be able to find a seat at the bar on a weeknight, or should we make a dinner reservation?

hugApug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

I would make a reservation. We ended up sitting in the aquarium area of the restaurant and really enjoyed the atmosphere.

I did not make a reservation two years ago and ended up with a short wait for a table of 2, maybe 15 minutes. I am not sure if we were lucky or if tables come up quickly for 2 people sooner at T-Rex.

It's a fun, loud and crowded place to eat. A must do for us each trip.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

As a walk up when the wait was far too long, my DS12 and i would sit at the bar. its still pretty cool because the bar changes color along with the ice room during the meteor shower. and you also have a view of the aquarium right in front of you. If you can swing it, get a table inside the ice room. although no matter where you end up it will be great. love that place.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

We had a reservation the first time we were there. Never bothered again. We always sit at the bar now! Love it! The nachos are sooo good! There are usually 3 of us and always get a seat.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z
We had a reservation the first time we were there. Never bothered again. We always sit at the bar now! Love it! The nachos are sooo good! There are usually 3 of us and always get a seat.
We always get the nachos. my son LOVES them.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
hugApug
The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful-e.e. cummings

Thanks everyone for your replies! Sorry for my late thank you . We'll likely try to sit at the bar instead of making reservations. We plan our park days out, but tend to visit Downtown Disney on a whim. I'm excited to try out the nachos now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidijanesmith View Post
I would make a reservation. We ended up sitting in the aquarium area of the restaurant and really enjoyed the atmosphere.

I did not make a reservation two years ago and ended up with a short wait for a table of 2, maybe 15 minutes. I am not sure if we were lucky or if tables come up quickly for 2 people sooner at T-Rex.

It's a fun, loud and crowded place to eat. A must do for us each trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
As a walk up when the wait was far too long, my DS12 and i would sit at the bar. its still pretty cool because the bar changes color along with the ice room during the meteor shower. and you also have a view of the aquarium right in front of you. If you can swing it, get a table inside the ice room. although no matter where you end up it will be great. love that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post

hugApug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #7
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Enjoy!!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

When we were there last week we ate there on Friday night without a Ressie we were a group of 6 and walked up at 6:45 and had a table in 40 min we timed it LOL . We had to wade through all the people waiting and then there are the 2 lines people stand in that confused others and they wouldnt let us through after our name was called . So we could have cut off 10 min there if others had read the DIS and knew what to do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: