Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #76
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Joining in! Congratulations on your engagement! I love all of your pictures, I hope to stay at BC some day, it is such a beautiful resort
Krysten! Thanks for joining in the fun. I hope you get to stay at BC someday, it is an amazing resort and you can't beat the commute to Epcot.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #77
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Yum - the pics from EPCOT are so nice. Have to get there for F&W someday! (I keep checking back for the big proposal post ... I'm sure you'll get there in your own sweet time The suspense is building ...)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #78
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Mmmmmmm cheddar cheese soup! Drooling a little now. I'm too picky to properly enjoy the F&WF, but I do enjoy seeing what other people eat.
Sugar Ray!! How cool!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #79
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

You should really plan a fall trip to Disney. Between F&W and MNSSHP, it's really a fun time to be in the World!

We have a couple trips already in the works for next year but there's a possibility that Eric and I may be able to get a long weekend trip in October for F&W and to do the Halloween Party for our anniversary... Just us... no kids... we aren't talking about it too much yet...

As far as ADRs go, I know some people refuse to make ADRs during the festival, but we're not quite that extreme. We will typically substitute out one meal per day each day we plan to spend at the festival and make an ADR for the other meal. We like to have one solid meal a day at least so if lunch is at F&W, then we'll make a dinner ADR. If we're going to spend the evening grazing at the festival, we'll make an ADR for lunch. It's worked out really well for us so far.

That sounds like a good plan... I think that's what I'd do as well... Have to have some ADRs-I don't know what I'd do with myself otherwise....

This time next week, you'll be at Beach Club! What do you have planned for your trip?
I am so excited about going the the Beach Club the first time as our "home"... Since we're going for a slight shorter trip for us... 5 days, 4 nights... I really want to be selective and not attempt to do every attraction... which can be hard for me... We want to focus on the Holiday Decorations, Osbourne Lights, The CLProcessional; doing a whole little group of ADRs that are new for us.. Yachtsman, bluezoo, La Hacienda- as part of of our CP package, Via Napoli and a Kat Kora breakfast & I am really HOPING... that we get a good look at the "New" Fantasyland which is supposed to be in soft previews... I also want to try 3 new "adult' beverages... I'm going to write a TR so I'd be happy to let you know when it begins... (Shameless plug...)

BTW... Have you seen Lincoln? Personally I thought it was really well done...It did my MSNBC watching, History Channel watching heart good... I think living right where all of that took place would had a whole extra level to it...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #80
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Canada is a perfect first stop for the F&W festival! I never actually got around to having my beloved soup this past trip because it was just too darned hot to eat soup! I'm going to make up for it with a Le Cellier ADR in April.

I have never had the sushi at F&W, because I was always a little nervous about sushi pre-made and sitting outside in Florida, but Franklin's roll looks so fresh and delicious, maybe I should give it a shot next time!

I love the eat to the beat concerts, it is always so much fun to see some old school bands. I've never had the chance to see Sugar Ray (I think they were added to the line up after we moved away from Florida), but I have a soft spot for Starship.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #81
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm finally getting caught up! I've been back from Disney for a week, and I'm still SOOO behind on everyone's TR's!

Your BCV room is beautiful! I wish they would redo them so they would match the regular Beach Club rooms, with the white comforters on the beds, but still, it's so gorgeous!

I love Stormalong Bay! Seeing pictures makes me want to stay there again! When I thought I was all set to be staying in AKL on my next trip, whenever that's going to be...at least I have some time to decide!

Yay, starting off at the Canada booth is a great way to begin the Food and Wine festival, I think we did the same thing! Everything was so good there!

And I love the France booth too...Food and Wine is always so much fun!!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #82
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Oh, how I your pictures. So beautiful! Can't wait to go back to the Beach Club.

Cheddar cheese soup is a must do, for sure. I made it at home once. It was good (kind of a labor intensive recipe, if I recall) but it tastes so much better IN Epcot.

Liked that cosmo slushie too!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #83
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzasmd View Post
Yum - the pics from EPCOT are so nice. Have to get there for F&W someday! (I keep checking back for the big proposal post ... I'm sure you'll get there in your own sweet time The suspense is building ...)
Thanks Sharon. I feel I should tell you that the proposal doesn't come until Day 8 of the trip! It's a ways off in this story, but I hope I keep you entertained until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Mmmmmmm cheddar cheese soup! Drooling a little now. I'm too picky to properly enjoy the F&WF, but I do enjoy seeing what other people eat.
Sugar Ray!! How cool!

I'm totally a picky eater too Wendy! But I wouldn't let that deter you from the festival, there are soooooo many things to choose from. And actually the thing that ended up being my favorite item last year was something I never though I would EVER try: The Kefta Pocket from Morocco!

Sugar Ray was lots of fun. I guess I just didn't realize how many popular songs they had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post

We have a couple trips already in the works for next year but there's a possibility that Eric and I may be able to get a long weekend trip in October for F&W and to do the Halloween Party for our anniversary... Just us... no kids... we aren't talking about it too much yet...
Wow, sounds like a fun 2013 for you! You guys would have so much fun doing a long weekend in October, there is just so much to do that time of year. And hey, if it's later in the month, maybe we'll run into you on our honeymoon!

We've got plenty of Disney coming up in 2013 too, a week-long trip for Franklin's birthday in late-January, a five-day trip with friends in early May and then the first three or four nights of our honeymoon in late October.

Quote:
That sounds like a good plan... I think that's what I'd do as well... Have to have some ADRs-I don't know what I'd do with myself otherwise....
We all know that about 75 percent of any Disney trip is about the food. It's hard enough to trim back the ADR list during Food and Wine, I can't even think about cutting all the ADRs out!

This plan works really well for us. We don't overload on the F&W kiosks and we still get the nice break of a TS ADR. A perfect balance.

Quote:
I am so excited about going the the Beach Club the first time as our "home"... Since we're going for a slight shorter trip for us... 5 days, 4 nights... I really want to be selective and not attempt to do every attraction... which can be hard for me... We want to focus on the Holiday Decorations, Osbourne Lights, The CLProcessional; doing a whole little group of ADRs that are new for us.. Yachtsman, bluezoo, La Hacienda- as part of of our CP package, Via Napoli and a Kat Kora breakfast & I am really HOPING... that we get a good look at the "New" Fantasyland which is supposed to be in soft previews... I also want to try 3 new "adult' beverages... I'm going to write a TR so I'd be happy to let you know when it begins... (Shameless plug...)
You are going to have the time of your lives! Take it from someone whose trips were always five days (until this last one, at least), you'll get plenty done. But it's good to realize you won't see everything this time (there's always a next time!). Actually we got on the plane at the end of our October trip and I said to Franklin, "We never did It's a Small World or Mickey's Philharmagic!" We both just laughed and mentally put them on the to-do list for January.

I'm so envious of all your holiday plans at Disney. I went with my family many moons ago for Christmas but the castle didn't have those lights, there were no Osbourne Lights and all I can really remember about that trip was the parade and the crowds! I cannot wait to see your TR, please let me know when it's up and running.

I won't spoil anything in New Fantasyland, but WOW, it is amazing. The theming is just spectacular and everything is just a sight to behold. Franklin even found a tip on the photography boards to stand back there for Wishes and you can frame most of the fireworks around Beast's castle (we're going to try that on our next trip).

Quote:
BTW... Have you seen Lincoln? Personally I thought it was really well done...It did my MSNBC watching, History Channel watching heart good... I think living right where all of that took place would had a whole extra level to it...
I haven't seen Lincoln yet, though it's at the top of my list. We've had so many wedding-related appointments lately that we haven't had much free time. Franklin just asked the other day, "are we ever going to have a night off?" Maybe I'll have to plan a movie date to go see it with him (he loooooves the History Channel too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Canada is a perfect first stop for the F&W festival! I never actually got around to having my beloved soup this past trip because it was just too darned hot to eat soup! I'm going to make up for it with a Le Cellier ADR in April.

I have never had the sushi at F&W, because I was always a little nervous about sushi pre-made and sitting outside in Florida, but Franklin's roll looks so fresh and delicious, maybe I should give it a shot next time!

I love the eat to the beat concerts, it is always so much fun to see some old school bands. I've never had the chance to see Sugar Ray (I think they were added to the line up after we moved away from Florida), but I have a soft spot for Starship.

I decided to ignore the fact that it felt like we were walking on the sun and just go for the soup. Although I have to say, it was much easier to eat at night when it was cooler.

Franklin has had sushi and various other raw-fish goods at F&W and lived to tell the tale each time. I don't know if that means he has an iron stomach or that the food is just definitely safe.

Franklin and I were laughing about how all the bands from our high school days are now considered "old school." Ah, they joys of getting older. We were supposed to see Starship during our trip but we got sidetracked that night and never made it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Hi, I'm finally getting caught up! I've been back from Disney for a week, and I'm still SOOO behind on everyone's TR's!

Your BCV room is beautiful! I wish they would redo them so they would match the regular Beach Club rooms, with the white comforters on the beds, but still, it's so gorgeous!

I love Stormalong Bay! Seeing pictures makes me want to stay there again! When I thought I was all set to be staying in AKL on my next trip, whenever that's going to be...at least I have some time to decide!
I know the feeling, I came back from my trip and dove head-first into wedding planning. So once I came up for air, I realized I had about 1,000 emails that were all TR subscriptions that I'd fallen behind on. But I'm finally catching up too. I even dropped by on your new TR, love the title! (Here's the link if anyone wants to read about Jen's trip!)

They'll probably never make the DVC villas look like the regular resort rooms because the villas are occupied almost 100 percent of the time, so the wear and tear on the furniture and linens is worse than the resorts. I think BLT was the test for making the villas look more like their resort counterparts and while I think it looks gorgeous, the furniture and the white duvet covers are already showing their age after just a few years. Since member dues have to pay for replacements, they tend to pick things that will camouflage the wear and tear better.

SAB is awesome (and the resort is gorgeous!), but I wouldn't count out AKL just yet. Wait till you see the pictures from that resort later in the trip! It is a resort unlike anything else I've ever seen. Completely blew me away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay, starting off at the Canada booth is a great way to begin the Food and Wine festival, I think we did the same thing! Everything was so good there!

And I love the France booth too...Food and Wine is always so much fun!!
Every time we went back to Canada, I kept meaning to try the chicken sausage but I never did. Hmmm, something to try next year maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Oh, how I your pictures. So beautiful! Can't wait to go back to the Beach Club.

Cheddar cheese soup is a must do, for sure. I made it at home once. It was good (kind of a labor intensive recipe, if I recall) but it tastes so much better IN Epcot.

Liked that cosmo slushie too!
I spoke with one of the chefs at Le Cellier one time when we were eating there and they said that when you make the cheese soup using the recipe card they give you at the restaurant, you should use a little less beer than is on the recipe.
I haven't tried it yet, but maybe this little tidbit might help someone else!

'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #84
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Franklin waited until Day 8 to pop the question!!! . I will just have to be patient and enjoy your report and the beautiful photos
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #85
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Franklin waited until Day 8 to pop the question!!! . I will just have to be patient and enjoy your report and the beautiful photos
Funny story. Franklin and I took an amazing two-week vacation to Europe in the summer of 2011, which included a five-day visit to Paris. Now I totally thought Franklin was going to propose on this trip and I planned all these super romantic meals and outings that would all be the perfect times to pop the question. And he never did.

Cut to October, when I thought he *might* propose on the Disney trip. Once we got halfway through the trip and he hadn't proposed, I gave up any hope of it happening again and I wanted to concentrate on enjoying the trip. So maybe he waited until Day 8 to throw me off the scent??!?!

Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #86
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

Quote:
Quote:
So maybe he waited until Day 8 to throw me off the scent??!?!
Actually, that was the idea. Wait just long enough that you put your guard down and the surprise is just that much more special.
For the rest of you, the wait won't be boring. There will be plenty of amazing photos along the way.

Trip Reports: I Can Spot Frozen Fireworks Anywhere! 08/2014 ; All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! 05/2014
Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #87
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Dust View Post
Actually, that was the idea. Wait just long enough that you put your guard down and the surprise is just that much more special.
For the rest of you, the wait won't be boring. There will be plenty of amazing photos along the way.

I'm sure the photos and narrative will be worth the wait. Tricky, letting the poor girl think you were passing up yet another perfect opportunity - but fun and romantic, too
Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #88
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:

Funny story. Franklin and I took an amazing two-week vacation to Europe in the summer of 2011, which included a five-day visit to Paris. Now I totally thought Franklin was going to propose on this trip and I planned all these super romantic meals and outings that would all be the perfect times to pop the question. And he never did.

Cut to October, when I thought he *might* propose on the Disney trip. Once we got halfway through the trip and he hadn't proposed, I gave up any hope of it happening again and I wanted to concentrate on enjoying the trip. So maybe he waited until Day 8 to throw me off the scent??!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Dust View Post

Good move Franklin!!! It's best when least expected! I cannot wait to hear all about it! (but I'll patiently enjoy the story until there and drool over every single picture...!)
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #89
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Would love to join in! The photos you have are just beautiful! My friend and I were there at the same time. When I saw your photos of the Sugar Ray concert I was shocked! We went to that concert as well. We were seated in the middle back behind where the dry spots were. It had rained off and on, so we started with ponchos on, then took them off. It was a great concert.

We stayed at the Beach Club in 2008. Our favorite spot to be (besides the slide for the kids, of course) was the area in front of the pool store where the lifegaurds played games each afternoon. Loved the sand bottom.

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Can't wait to read more.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #90
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Another busy couple of weeks in our lives. My schedule has now changed again for what I hope is the final time. My new off days are Friday and Saturday, which makes me feel almost like a normal person!

In wedding news, we've booked our photographers. Franklin took the lead on this one, asking lots of photography questions that went right over my head (I, on the other hand, got to look at lots of the pretty galleries of photos they brought).

And I said yes to the dress yesterday! After a half-dozen boutiques and 50+ dresses tried, I found THE ONE. We had gone back to one of the first boutiques I had gone to to try on the one dress I had actually loved, but I also wanted to try on some different-shaped dresses that we hadn't tried the first time. It really was that cheesy, movie moment where I put the dress on and just knew. I loved the dress so much that I didn't even need to try on the dress that I had come back specifically to try.

I'd go into more detail, but someone who isn't supposed to know anything before the wedding day, might stumble upon the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Good move Franklin!!! It's best when least expected! I cannot wait to hear all about it! (but I'll patiently enjoy the story until there and drool over every single picture...!)
Brook, yep, he did an awesome job of throwing me off the scent. His plan worked perfectly!

P.S. I need to email you about setting up a resort reservation for our honeymoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Would love to join in! The photos you have are just beautiful! My friend and I were there at the same time. When I saw your photos of the Sugar Ray concert I was shocked! We went to that concert as well. We were seated in the middle back behind where the dry spots were. It had rained off and on, so we started with ponchos on, then took them off. It was a great concert.

We stayed at the Beach Club in 2008. Our favorite spot to be (besides the slide for the kids, of course) was the area in front of the pool store where the lifegaurds played games each afternoon. Loved the sand bottom.

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Can't wait to read more.
Yay! aboard! Glad to have you join in on the fun.

Sugar Ray was a really fun concert, Mark McGrath was really funny in between all the songs. The cowbell performance was especially funny.

Beach Club/Stormalong Bay made for such a relaxing place to stay. I can understand the people who stay there and end up spending very little time in the parks!

Thanks for the wedding good wishes!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: