Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #286
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Love, love, LOVE the Brown Derby. So yummy. Beautiful pictures, as always. Glad to hear your recent trip was filled with fun and new experiences...off to read now!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #287
natebenma
DIS Veteran

What a great looking meal. I haven't been to the Brown Derby. I did get the Grapefruit Cake from Starring Rolls. I didn't end up eating it until a day after purchasing it- it was ok, but I probably need to give it another shot and try one when it is fresher.

I haven't been to any signatures- well, Le Cellier, but before it was elevated to that status. And we definitely love it!

I have read a couple of great dining reviews of meals at Artist Point- I think I would like to try that. Or California Grill.

What a bummer about the fireworks show, but even worse news for the people at the party!

The picture you did show from the lounge was spectacular!!!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #288
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Joining in really late!

Loving your TR, and your DF's photos are gorgeous.

Gonna head over to the new TR now!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #289
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Wow, what a gorgeous restaurant! I'll have to look up the Cobb salad, looks yummy.
What a shame about the fireworks. Sounds like some really unhappy party-goers! It's unfortunate that they won't do more for the poor people who paid for the party and got almost none of the benefits.
It is a simply stunning restaurant. It's kinda hard to believe it's in a theme park. I felt really bad for those unhappy partygoers. Disney does make a big deal when you buy the tickets that the parties are held "rain or shine." But that's not much comfort when your costume has gone soggy, the characters have evaporated and the parade/fireworks canceled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzasmd View Post
Oh darn, I got all excited to see Franklin's amazing fireworks photos

But all the HS photos were wonderful
I got all excited to see Franklin's Hallowishes photos from that view too! I promise, we get there eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashboat View Post
Just have to tell you your TRs are outstanding. You tell your stories mostly with gorgeous pictures and support with descriptions - makes me feel like I am there -well done!
Awww thank you so much! Franklin and I both have a blast recreating our trips for you guys. It's an amazing way to get to relive a wonderful trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Love, love, LOVE the Brown Derby. So yummy. Beautiful pictures, as always. Glad to hear your recent trip was filled with fun and new experiences...off to read now!
The Brown Derby is definitely on our must-do-again list. It was an excellent meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
What a great looking meal. I haven't been to the Brown Derby. I did get the Grapefruit Cake from Starring Rolls. I didn't end up eating it until a day after purchasing it- it was ok, but I probably need to give it another shot and try one when it is fresher.
I'm not even a fruity-dessert person, but I loved this cake. It was that perfect balance of acidic and sweet.

Quote:
I haven't been to any signatures- well, Le Cellier, but before it was elevated to that status. And we definitely love it!

I have read a couple of great dining reviews of meals at Artist Point- I think I would like to try that. Or California Grill.
We just ate our first dinner at Le Cellier (we'd always eaten lunch there) and even we had sticker shock at the "signature" prices of the new all-day menu.

Quote:
What a bummer about the fireworks show, but even worse news for the people at the party!

The picture you did show from the lounge was spectacular!!!
I felt so bad for those partygoers. They were cold, wet and just not feeling very magical.

I loved the view from Top of the World Lounge. I may do all my trip journaling up there during our May trip. After all, it will be just a elevator ride away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Joining in really late!

Loving your TR, and your DF's photos are gorgeous.

Gonna head over to the new TR now!
You're not late, you're right on time! And we're so happy to have you join us (here AND on the January TR!)
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #290
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

So many beautiful photos!! I love them all. I am not a ride person so I've never been on ToT, but I love the theming in there. That rain sounds awful, I can understand why the party goers were so upset that night

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #291
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

Thanks! Characterpalooza was so much fun, hardly any lines and LOTS of characters. I can't wait to try it again in May!

I noticed your ticker and it looks like we'll be there around the same time in October. Have you booked your resort?
We will be at Bonnet Creek from the 22nd through the 30th! I have seen you around on the FB planning group, but didn't realize our trip dates would overlap!

What a bummer that the fireworks got washed out! That pic of the park from the balcony of the lounge is stunning. I can only imagine how the fireworks photos would have come out! I hope that was not a bad omen for you party night. I am so worried about a rained out party on our upcoming trip. We are doing the Halloween party for the first time, and we are in it almost exclusively for the character meets, parade, fireworks, and shows. If all of those are cancelled because of rain, I will be so upset!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #292
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
So many beautiful photos!! I love them all. I am not a ride person so I've never been on ToT, but I love the theming in there. That rain sounds awful, I can understand why the party goers were so upset that night

I've never been on ToT either (and probably never will ), but I agree that the theming is incredible and a total must-see!

It was a Disney downpour, it just lasted for a few hours instead of the typical 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
We will be at Bonnet Creek from the 22nd through the 30th! I have seen you around on the FB planning group, but didn't realize our trip dates would overlap!

What a bummer that the fireworks got washed out! That pic of the park from the balcony of the lounge is stunning. I can only imagine how the fireworks photos would have come out! I hope that was not a bad omen for you party night. I am so worried about a rained out party on our upcoming trip. We are doing the Halloween party for the first time, and we are in it almost exclusively for the character meets, parade, fireworks, and shows. If all of those are cancelled because of rain, I will be so upset!!

Yay Kristy! We'll have to do a Dis meet in October. Bonnet Creek is supposed to be amazing (with a fabulous pool!), I actually was helping a co-worker plan a Disney trip and we were looking at that resort for them.

There was a brief sprinkle on our party night, but nothing that changed anything at the party. We had a great night! You will LOVE the Halloween party, it's one of the best things Disney does.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #293
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

I promise, I'm putting up an actual chapter right after this one. But I had something I wanted to share with all of you. Franklin and I did an engagement photo shoot with our wedding photographers a few weeks ago. There was one photo in particular that I wanted to share with all of our Disney friends...

I had gotten a set of Mickey ears embroidered with our wedding date and that photo ended up being my personal favorite of the bunch. And just for fun, here are a few more of our favorites.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #294
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

A New Kind of Disney Day

Welcome to a brand new Disney day. This was truly a new kind of Disney day for Franklin and I, we were taking... wait for it Ö a resort day! Que the horror music. We slept in (CRAZY!). We had a leisurely breakfast planned (WHAT?!?!?). The only plans for the day were to spend the day at the pool (WERE WE NUTS?)

If we hadnít sealed this before, Day 3 of our October trip officially marked the beginning of our laid-back Disney existence. This was the first time weíd be spending the day at Disney without any park time planned. And let me tell you, we loved it! So without further ado, I give you Missy and Franklinís most laid-back day at Disney. Ever.

Like I said, we slept in. With no rope drop to hurry off to, we had a breakfast ADR at...

It was our first time inside Yacht Club.

Itís a gorgeous resort! You can feel how itís Beach Clubís sister resort, but yet it has a totally different feel. Itís more tailored than Beach Club and the colors have a richer hue. Weíll get to do a real comparison between the two resorts next October, because Franklin and I booked Yacht Club, Club Level for our honeymoon! Our dates were covered under the bounce back offer in our room on our January trip, so we decided to splurge and book the CL stay for the honeymoon and we canít wait! P.S., youíll notice my ticker says Disney and Aruba, and thatís totally correct. Weíre planning for five nights in Disney, followed by seven nights in Aruba! Ahhhh, itís going to be amazing.

Enough about the future trip, letís stick with the trip at hand. We were seated almost immediately.

For those of you who arenít familiar, Captainís Grille has a buffet and an ala carte menu. I was torn between getting an omelette or doing the buffet. Our waiter made the decision for me, he said the kitchen would make me an omelette as part of the buffet. Sold.

Franklin knew what he wanted without looking at the menu: the lobster omelette. Heíd zeroed in on that when Iíd sent him the online menu during the trip planning.

First up from the buffet was some cereal and fruit.

I also grabbed a plate of Mickey waffles! Note: all those sausage links werenít for me, Franklin wanted some too.

They brought out both our omelettes at the same time. Hereís Franklinís.

I had gotten ham and cheese scrambled eggs (Iím a bit of an egg snob. I hate runny eggs and thatís all you get on buffets, so Iím always happy when I can order my eggs well done).

No runny eggs here!

All the food was really good, Franklin LOVED his omelette. He said there was lots of lobster.

We made our way back to Beach Club, because it was pool time!

And thatís where we stayed, for hours. It was a beautiful day out, it was warm and sunny, but not too humid. Perfect weather for bobbing along the lazy river.

Our pool afternoon also gave Franklin time to photograph the pool and the resort in more detail.

Yes, Stormalong Bay is everything everyone has ever raved about. Itís fun and gorgeous. And maybe because we were there in October, but it wasnít nearly as crowded, chaotic and overrun with screaming kids as I had been led to believe.

For a wide-angle look, hereís Franklinís panoramic shot.

How pretty is this resort?

And so is the villas building.

While Franklin was snapping away downstairs, I was up on our balcony. Enjoying the Dis and also this view!

For everyone who says there are no good views at BCV, I would like to present that photo as Exhibit A.

I know there wasnít much ďstoryĒ in this chapter, but it was a truly lovely morning and afternoon. We really got to unwind and also explore the details of the resort. It was sooooo worth it to spend a day like that. And I promise, thereís more action in the next chapter.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #295
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Beautiful engagement photos!

And, great resort and pool photos too! That sounds like a perfect vacation day, but I'm like you-I can never do it! Maybe one of these days when we finally book the Beach Club!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #296
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We were seated almost immediately.

For those of you who arenít familiar, Captainís Grille has a buffet and an ala carte menu. I was torn between getting an omelette or doing the buffet. Our waiter made the decision for me, he said the kitchen would make me an omelette as part of the buffet. Sold.

Franklin knew what he wanted without looking at the menu: the lobster omelette. Heíd zeroed in on that when Iíd sent him the online menu during the trip planning.

First up from the buffet was some cereal and fruit.

I also grabbed a plate of Mickey waffles! Note: all those sausage links werenít for me, Franklin wanted some too.

They brought out both our omelettes at the same time. Hereís Franklinís.

I had gotten ham and cheese scrambled eggs (Iím a bit of an egg snob. I hate runny eggs and thatís all you get on buffets, so Iím always happy when I can order my eggs well done).

No runny eggs here!

All the food was really good, Franklin LOVED his omelette. He said there was lots of lobster.

Great review of the Captain's Grille!!!

Did you happen to see the animated pictures where the sailboat sails from one picture to another? If not, you will have to check it out on your next visit.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #297
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I know there wasnít much ďstoryĒ in this chapter, but it was a truly lovely morning and afternoon. We really got to unwind and also explore the details of the resort. It was sooooo worth it to spend a day like that.
You know I loved it!!!

I have added a couple of Franklin's photos to the thread, but I really need a chunk of time to sit down and figure out which pictures to use. Dang 25 photo per post limit! I already have like 16 separate posts, and two just for the pool! Thinking of expanding to three.

I'm so glad to hear you had a nice, relaxing resort day.

Your engagement pictures are spectacular. You two are so cute together! Is this the same photographer you will be using for your wedding?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #298
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

I absolutely LOVE your favorite engagment photo!! It is so cute!
This summer we did an all resort, no Disney parks, trip. (We did go to Sea World one afternoon, Blizzard Beach one day to use really old tickets, and one day at Discovery Cove-highly recommend.) I have to say it may be one of my most memorable and enjoyable trips. When you haven't spent the money for park tickets and you don't feel the pressure to "get your monies worth" spending every waking moment in the parks, you really get the time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. We enjoyed our pools (we did a split stay at CSR and Poly), entertainment on the Boardwalk, resort shows, and checking out all other resorts for dining and what they have to offer. So I totally understand how you could spend a down day at Disney!
Especially enjoying SAB! That pool is most awesome! And, as always, Franklin's pictures are beautiful!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #299
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Your engagement pictures came out fantastic! Getting the wedding date embroidered on Mickey ears was a great idea too. What a cute couple!

Also love the Stormalong Bay pics. The Yacht Club is so pretty! That's great that you were able to book your honeymoon with a bounce back offer too. We have tried twice for a resort day and failed both times, but I am positively making it happen this trip, no questions about it! Downtime in Disney can be so therapeutic after many long days tromping through the parks from sunup to sundown!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #300
tb1972
DIS Veteran

Hi Missy,
I was just curious - how did you like doing a split stay? We have 8 days coming in May with a split. Some seem to enjoy the experience of trying new DVC resorts and others feel it is a hassle. I hope you and Franklin enjoyed your time at both BCV & AKL!
Tabatha

tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: