Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #136
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Amazing pictures Franklin!!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing those with us, I look forward to your Magic Kingdom night too!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #137
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Just beautiful!!! The World Showcase is really pretty-and your photos are amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you and you're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzasmd View Post
Beautiful, Franklin.

(And, just want to say, I just finished my second night at Epcot - your Illuminations hints helped a lot )
I wasn't sure if you were going to be able to get back and read it in time before that night. I'm happy the tips worked for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Joining in late but enjoying your TR !!! Franklin's photos are "blow your mind" amazing !! Wow. I have so enjoyed looking at them.

Looking forward to reading more !!
Thanks for the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Wow - words can't really describe how awesome your photos are! I especially love the one of Italy and Japan (w/SE in the background). I would have to say that it's a toss up of which country is my fav - both Germany and Japan are my favs. Can't wait to see the MK shots!
Thanks! The Italy shot is also one my of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
What a beautiful photo shoot of Epcot!

How fun that your tour started with a picture of you and your camera & tripod.

I love the perspective on the picture of Italy. The two pictures of the twinkling lights made me smile. Awesome!

And I haven't really noticed the designs in the sidewalk in front of Space Ship Earth before. Very cool!

I'm embarassed to admit that when we travel with the boys, we don't spend much time in the World Showcase. I think my favorite country is Mexico- the plaza is fun, the boat ride is ok (it was much better before the ducks invaded) and the pyramid is intriguing.

Japan has a lot too offer too, with the huge shop, beautiful and peaceful gardens and sushi!

Thank you, Franklin, for offering a pleasant distraction today.
Thanks, and you're welcome, for the distraction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Wonderful shots of Epcot. You did an amazing job of capturing its beauty at night!

I love Japan, and your photo really did it justice.

I'm also impressed at how you captured the sidewalk lights. Love how the people are silhouetted in the background.

One of the great advantages of staying at the BC - wander Epcot until your heart's content, and then it is only a few steps to home!

Can't wait to see more of your photos!
Thanks! 9 Days left on this trip. Plenty more photos too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
AMAZING World Showcase photos!!!
Thank you, so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Wow, Franklin! Once again, your pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I'm pretty dense when it comes to photography talk, but it seems like whatever you did with those pictures was the right thing to do! Excellent job! I especially love the photo from China, and the 'pavement light' ones! Beautiful.
Thanks for the compliments! I tired to keep it simple for everyone to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
OH. EMMM. GEEEEEE. Holy awesome photos!

Wow. Simply gorgeous. I love all of the pavilions but especially love the shot you got of Italy with the gondola.

Your photos transport me right back to the happy place.

The Disney Food Blog snack event looks awesome. How cool to have all of the iconic snacks available in one place in mini form and be amongst other Disney lovers???
Thank you! They are fun to go back and look through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Stormalong Bay is definitely one of the great perks of staying at the Beach Club. It's one of my favorite resorts for sure.

Look at your toes in that picture! So so cool.

So Franklin sinks too huh? I have a friend that can't float either. I definitely don't know what that feels like. I'm extremely buoyant.

Man, that commute to Epcot from the Beach Club is a killer, isn't it?

Haha, I totally remember getting your first booth visit wrong on Facebook. LOL.

I used to be so in love with Mark McGrath back in the day. Love love loved.

Yay on finding a dress! That's so awesome.

Hahaha, thank goodness you guys ended up finding each other in the end.

That party sounds amazing! I so want to go. So so want to go. I remember looking at this update on my iPhone and being like OMG!

The carrot cake cookie is freakin' amazing, isn't it? That and the red velvet cupcake are definitely my favorites.

Yay, Franklin fireworks pictures! They get me every time.

Franklin, your pictures are just absolutely breathtaking.
Thanks! I thought my arms where tired from the workout I had right before our trip. Nope, it was from treading water all afternoon. There are a lot more fireworks coming up too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Dust View Post
As for a camera suggestion, I would recommend the Canon S110. It's a very capable point-and-shoot that isn't too intimidating. It packs in more high-end features, like manual controls and RAW format, than bling features. It has a 5X zoom which is more than most people would need. My "everyday lens" on my big camera zooms the same distance and then I'll switch to lenses that don't zoom at all. Zoom with your feet! The main reason I like this camera is its amazing image quality. It "only" has 12 megapixels, which is an advantage in small cameras. High megapixel cameras, like 16 or 20MP, just shove more pixels in the same space which actually reduces image quality. It's that darn physics getting in the way. But people don't need more than 16MP anyways, unless they are printing 20x30 posters all the time.
Here's a review: http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...t_s110_review/

There is also last years model, the S100. Same image quality but is about $70 less and the main difference is that it doesn't have a touchscreen and wifi.

So glad you posted this...... read review too... looks like a nice camera and at a reasonable price point...

Quote:
Thank you! I work for an architecture firm doing space planning for medical facilities. Not that creative, unfortunately. You could say Disney is my outlet.
you are very talented... just saw the most recent update and those photos are incredibly lovely...

Quote:
And if you haven't found the BC thread yet: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025785
Thanks for this... planning on checking it out ....

Hmmm... funny your WS question... I'm always a huge fan of the whole France, Morocco, Japan stretch...

I'd have to say nightime adds a whole new depth of appreciation for Germany and Italy- there are some details there in those night photos you took that I don't notice as much in the day... as well as the outside of Mexico... those were pretty great too- some of that detail doesn't stand out for me as much in the day...

oh... honestly your photos are awesome... they make all the countries look great...
Thanks! I'm happy I was able to point you in the right direction, with the camera choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Amazing pictures Franklin!!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing those with us, I look forward to your Magic Kingdom night too!!!
Thank you, so much! I can't wait to share them.

Trip Reports: I Can Spot Frozen Fireworks Anywhere! 08/2014 ; All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! 05/2014
Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #138
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Greetings friends! I hope everyone is getting all their holiday shopping done and enjoying many, many delicious Christmas cookies!

I had a question for all of you... For those of you who have followed my TRs and PTRs in the past, you might remember that I typically do a countdown to my next Disney trip. Is everyone up for a countdown here for our January trip? We were thinking of counting down with our favorite Disney restaurants. Thoughts?

Quote:
And I haven't really noticed the designs in the sidewalk in front of Space Ship Earth before. Very cool!
The sidewalk lights are one of those perfect Disney details. It's not entirely important to your vacation, but it serves as a reminder that Disney goes that step further than anyone would expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Joining in late but enjoying your TR !!! Franklin's photos are "blow your mind" amazing !! Wow. I have so enjoyed looking at them.

Looking forward to reading more !!
You're not late, you're right on time. We've only just begun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post

One of the great advantages of staying at the BC - wander Epcot until your heart's content, and then it is only a few steps to home!
There's nothing better than being able to get back to your resort by your own two feet. Disney transportation, shmansportation.

Quote:
Your photos transport me right back to the happy place.

The Disney Food Blog snack event looks awesome. How cool to have all of the iconic snacks available in one place in mini form and be amongst other Disney lovers???
My secret is that sometimes, when I'm having a bad day at work, I'll pull up Franklin's Disney pictures during my lunch and just soak in the magic.

Snack Attack was so much fun, we met some awesome people and got to try some really yummy treats!

Quote:
Stormalong Bay is definitely one of the great perks of staying at the Beach Club. It's one of my favorite resorts for sure.

Look at your toes in that picture! So so cool.

So Franklin sinks too huh? I have a friend that can't float either. I definitely don't know what that feels like. I'm extremely buoyant.
I think I underestimated just how cool SAB really is. We'll definitely be back again.

You and me both, sister. I have nooooooo problems floating.

Quote:
Man, that commute to Epcot from the Beach Club is a killer, isn't it?
I don't know how people handle it day after day. Honestly, I think the biggest problem staying at those Epcot resorts is forcing yourself to visit parks NOT named Epcot and DHS.

Quote:
Haha, I totally remember getting your first booth visit wrong on Facebook. LOL.
D'Oh! I meant to include the FB guesses in the post!

Quote:
I used to be so in love with Mark McGrath back in the day. Love love loved.
Me too! Funny story... Here in D.C. there used to be this HUGE rock festival every year called HFStival. I went to these concerts every year in high school. Sugar Ray played at the festival my sophomore year (it was just after "Fly" became huge). I remember them playing "Fly" to open their set, which was cool because it was the song we all knew. But at that time, Sugar Ray was really more of a hard-rock band and so their set got really loud after that and we all kind of looked at each other like, "why can't they play more songs like 'Fly'?"

Quote:
Yay on finding a dress! That's so awesome.
Thanks! Since I can't post a picture of the dress on here, I figured I could give you guys a preview of the tiara I just ordered. I mean, how can a Disney princess get married without a proper tiara?!?!?!

Quote:
Hahaha, thank goodness you guys ended up finding each other in the end.

That party sounds amazing! I so want to go. So so want to go. I remember looking at this update on my iPhone and being like OMG!
I was panicked about finding him, so I was so freaking relieved when we found each other. Phew! Luckily we had a really fun event to get to, which took some of the frustration out of the situation.

Quote:
The carrot cake cookie is freakin' amazing, isn't it? That and the red velvet cupcake are definitely my favorites.
Mmmmm, that carrot cake cookie is the truth. Seriously, it popped up in a dream I had the other night. I cannot wait to have another one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post

Thanks for this... planning on checking it out ....

Hmmm... funny your WS question... I'm always a huge fan of the whole France, Morocco, Japan stretch...

I'd have to say nightime adds a whole new depth of appreciation for Germany and Italy- there are some details there in those night photos you took that I don't notice as much in the day... as well as the outside of Mexico... those were pretty great too- some of that detail doesn't stand out for me as much in the day...

oh... honestly your photos are awesome... they make all the countries look great...
Isn't it incredible how detailed everything is in the World Showcase?!?! And you're right, it all looks so different at night. Sigh, I love Disney.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #139
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

Hey! I'm just joining in. I love your photos and commentary! I'm so excited to see what happens next!
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #140
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
Hey! I'm just joining in. I love your photos and commentary! I'm so excited to see what happens next!
Thanks for joining in! Funny you should ask about what happens next...
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 12-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #141
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

A Crazy, Mixed Up Kind of Rope Drop Morning

Hi friends! We last left off with me sound asleep at Beach Club and Franklin burning the midnight oil taking some GORGEOUS photos at Epcot EMH.

We were up bright and early the next morning. After a quick breakfast of bagels in the villa (gotta love that kitchenette!), we headed out for our first full day at the parks.

I was decked out in my Ariel ensemble (my Ariel T-shirt, an Ariel bow on my Minnie ears and an Ariel necklace!), so I had to stop and take a photo with my favorite mermaid outside BCV.

It was just after rope drop, but luckily our quick commute meant we’d be at Epcot in no time. Which way would we head once we were through the International Gateway?

Where does ANYONE go at Epcot at rope drop? Why to The Land, of course!

We followed the streaming crowd downstairs to...

Standby was already at 35 minutes, boo! So Franklin grabbed Fastpasses. I know I’m in the minority when I say I really like Soarin’, I don’t LOVE Soarin to the point where I need to ride it multiple times in one day. So I was perfectly fine to just ride it once using the FP.

But with Test Track closed for its mondo refurb, an Epcot touring plan really never materialized for that day. We literally looked at each other and had this conversation:

Me: “What do you want to do?”

Franklin: “I dunno, what do you want to do?”

Me: “Well, we’ve never done Living with the Land and it’s right there?”

Franklin: “Okay.”

Yep, that’s right. At 9:30 a.m. we wandered over and hopped onto a Living With the Land boat. If the Disney gods hadn’t revoked our park commando cards yet, this act surely sealed our fate. Onward with the tour!

It was a very cool ride. It is incredible to see how they grow all those different things in that many different ways, and to get a peak at everyone working in there was truly a treat. It’s definitely an aspect of Epcot that would have made Walt very happy.

We still had plenty of time before our FP for Soarin would come due, so it was again time to figure out which attraction we’d head to next. To continue our backwards rope drop morning, we headed for another non-E-ticket attraction: Nemo!

Franklin was VERY excited to photograph this dark ride with his new camera. I think, once again, he outdid himself!

First it was like whoa. Then it was like whoa. And then it was like whooooooa.

Anyone else find it a little odd that Disney chose to use the exact same clam shells for the new Little Mermaid ride in New Fantasyland? It doesn’t bother me, but I expected a little more Disney creativity in that choice.

And now for some silly fun before we leave The Living Seas.

For as much as we joked about picking all the wrong attractions at rope drop, we were really having one of those glorious stop-and-smell-the-roses kind of morning at Epcot. We had been on two great attractions that we could really sit back and enjoy. And the best part? We still had the whole day ahead of us!

Have any of you had a topsy-turvy kind of day at the parks? Which is the most off-the-wall attraction you've headed to first at any of the parks?

On a completely different note, I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas, filled with great food, family and friends! Love you all!

Old 12-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #142
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Your illuminations and WS photos are breathtaking! Every single one of them.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #143
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Note to self: Do not read Missy's updates before bedtime. I had a dream about Soarin' at Rope Drop.

Missy- I love that you have an Ariel outfit! Great picture with you and the BCV mermaid.

Franklin- that picture seals the deal for my vote for your entry into the Photographer's Hall of Fame. I have seen many, many photos of the Ariel statue. This is literally the first one I have seen where she does not look like a creepy addict. Nice job!

I agree with you about Soarin'. Like it! But it is not my favorite Disney attraction. Not even my favorite in EPCOT (SSE). Living With the Land, is one of my favorites, too, and I'm so glad you got a chance to ride it. Once again, great pictures, especially of the diorama scenes.

And Dude, the pictures from the Nemo ride are TOTALLY AWESOME!

Most off-the-wall start in a park for me was during the middle school class trip- First attraction of the trip- Stitch's Great Escape-

I would have to say the least commando thing my family has done at rope drop is start our AK day with Primevil Whirl and Dinosaur (although I did run for FP to EE while the boys rode PW)

Last edited by natebenma; 12-23-2012 at 06:53 PM.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #144
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I love your Ariel outfit, I have the same shirt!

Yay, Epcot rope drop! Yay Soarin! I have to ride Soarin' multiple times, so rope drop is at Epcot is a must do for me! I would have hopped right in that 35 minute standby line, to me, that's short for Soarin'!

Wow, those pics of The Seas with Nemo are beautiful! I kind of wish the LM ride had something other than clamshells to ride in too, but what else could they have used that fit the theme?

Merry Christmas!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #145
Belle83
DIS Veteran

STUNNING pictures of Illuminations and Epcot. My point and shoot boring digital camera broke during our last trip, so I need a new one and this makes me *really* want to upgrade.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #146
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
All caught up! Your illuminations and WS photos are breathtaking! Every single one of them.
Thanks! We do love our Epcot time.

Quote:
Note to self: Do not read Missy's updates before bedtime. I had a dream about Soarin' at Rope Drop.

Missy- I love that you have an Ariel outfit! Great picture with you and the BCV mermaid.

Franklin- that picture seals the deal for my vote for your entry into the Photographer's Hall of Fame. I have seen many, many photos of the Ariel statue. This is literally the first one I have seen where she does not look like a creepy heroin addict. Nice job!
Soarin at RD has to be one of the worst-constructed entrances in all of WDW. Who's bright idea was it for masses of people to have to go down flights of stairs in a rush?!?!

My collection of Disney accessories is growing steadily, though this Ariel outfit is by far one of my most complete ensembles.

Quote:
I agree with you about Soarin'. Like it! But it is not my favorite Disney attraction. Not even my favorite in EPCOT (SSE). Living With the Land, is one of my favorites, too, and I'm so glad you got a chance to ride it. Once again, great pictures, especially of the diorama scenes.

And Dude, the pictures from the Nemo ride are TOTALLY AWESOME!
For me, I can do one ride on Soarin' per day. Anything beyond that, I start to get annoyed by various things about the attraction: the long wait, even WITH FP, the scratched up film, the sometimes broken smell machines. But for that one ride per day, I'm good.

I could not get over Franklin's Nemo pictures. He usually gets so frustrated in the EAC part when the turtles come out blurry and this time, it didn't!

Quote:
Most off-the-wall start in a park for me was during the middle school class trip- First attraction of the trip- Stitch's Great Escape-

I would have to say the least commando thing my family has done at rope drop is start our AK day with Primevil Whirl and Dinosaur (although I did run for FP to EE while the boys rode PW)

Ugh, that Stitch start to the school trip was brutal and I was shocked your head didn't literally explode!

Wow, I would have never guessed your family would have ever head for anything other than EE on your AK mornings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I love your Ariel outfit, I have the same shirt!

Yay, Epcot rope drop! Yay Soarin! I have to ride Soarin' multiple times, so rope drop is at Epcot is a must do for me! I would have hopped right in that 35 minute standby line, to me, that's short for Soarin'!

Wow, those pics of The Seas with Nemo are beautiful! I kind of wish the LM ride had something other than clamshells to ride in too, but what else could they have used that fit the theme?

Merry Christmas!
Thanks Jen! I looooove that shirt. It might be my favorite Disney shirt that I own.

I sometimes wish I loved Soarin' more than I do, but I guess it does save me time on our Epcot days.

Yep, I'm definitely nitpicking on the LM ride, mainly because everything else in NFL is so perfect!

Merry Christmas! I hope you and Brandon have a great holiday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
STUNNING pictures of Illuminations and Epcot. My point and shoot boring digital camera broke during our last trip, so I need a new one and this makes me *really* want to upgrade.
Thank you! Disney is definitely a place where you want to have a good camera, there's just so many beautiful things to capture!

I'm heading over to your TR now!

Old 12-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #147
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

More amazing photos... love, love, love!!!! I do love Soarin' but not obsessively so. Once a trip is enough. Glad Test Track is open again to take some of the morning rush.

I am all for a countdown to your Jan trip featuring restaurants. It is all about the food!!!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #148
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Aww, this is the first time I realized that you got the customizable Minnie ears! I would love to do that, but ahhh I'm too cheap. I love that Ariel bow!

Ya know, sometimes it's okay to not go full commando first thing in the morning. I actually think it's a really good idea to go to the less obvious attractions first, especially if you already got fastpasses for the big guys!

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #149
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
More amazing photos... love, love, love!!!! I do love Soarin' but not obsessively so. Once a trip is enough. Glad Test Track is open again to take some of the morning rush.

I am all for a countdown to your Jan trip featuring restaurants. It is all about the food!!!!
Countdown it is then! I've got the first installment coming right up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Aww, this is the first time I realized that you got the customizable Minnie ears! I would love to do that, but ahhh I'm too cheap. I love that Ariel bow!

Ya know, sometimes it's okay to not go full commando first thing in the morning. I actually think it's a really good idea to go to the less obvious attractions first, especially if you already got fastpasses for the big guys!

Merry Christmas!
Getting the customizable Minnie ears were the best money I've ever spent. This way, I don't have to choose between wearing my Minnie ears and wearing one of Hayley's AMAZING bows!

Epcot without Test Track was a weird animal. We found ourselves saying "we should really go ride Mission Space" a lot. And yet, we never really found ourselves over on that side of the park all that often.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #150
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

One Month Out... January 26

Can you believe it? We’ve got one month until our next trip! Just to give everyone some background, this trip is to celebrate Franklin’s birthday (January 30) and also it will be our first trip “home” to Boardwalk since buying into DVC. Plus between busy work seasons and wedding planning, I think we’re both really looking forward to some time away.

For those of you who don’t know how DVC works, here’s the simple breakdown: You can book reservations at your home resort at 11 months out and can book at any of the other resorts starting at seven months out (we’ve got two contracts -- one at Boardwalk and the other at Bay Lake Tower). Planning trips 11 months out often means the plans for the trip grow and change as the months pass, and this trip certainly fits that bill.

One of the biggest changes to this trip came last week. After reading the umpteenth “BWV buses suck” thread, I started to research rental cars and ended up finding a Budget rental for $144 for the week. Now I’m hoping I might find a better deal in the coming weeks, but for now, we’re good with that price.

Here’s how arrival day will look for us... It will start with a VERY early wakeup call. Our flight departs at 7 a.m. , which will be painful for the first few hours of the day, but it will give us a nice, full first day at Disney.

We’ll take DME to the resort and check in. Our fabulous Boardwalk view villa won’t actually be ready yet, so we’ll stow our stuff with bell services and hop on the shuttle to the rental car office.

After picking up the rental car, we’ll cruise over to Downtown Disney for lunch at...

Mmmmm, sandwiches! From there, we’ll pop into Publix to do a little stocking up for our villa, before heading back to Boardwalk.

We’ll probably hang out, check out some of the sights and sounds on the Boardwalk during the afternoon before driving over to DHS (yes, I know, we could walk to DHS from BW, but there’s a plan...). Our only goal at DHS will be seeing Fantasmic for the first time in four years!

The last time Franklin shot Fantasmic was four years and three cameras ago, so I cannot wait to see what he comes up with this time. The plan is to see the early show (6:30 p.m.) and then roll with the crowds out of the park. We’ll hop in our rental car (so handy!) and head back to DTD, where I will FINALLY get to try Raglan Road for the first time.

Raglan Road has been on each of the past three Disney itineraries and somehow, each and every time we’ve gone to Disney, that ADR has been bumped. But not this year! I will finally get to try all the yummy food people have talked about all these years.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: