Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #46
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I did reply I thought.
Yes you did about the same time I posted my comment. All is good and my link now works.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #47
pas130
DIS Veteran

All checked in. Glad the "bumpy episode" in the flight didn't last too long!

That's crazy how none of your requests were in the first room, but then you got EXACTLY what you wanted in the room...and it was ready

An OT funny story...we owned at SSR (when it was brandy new) and we hunted for that boat to DTD forever never found it...found it on the way back at least...yup we WALKED to DTD...and I am NO athlete..must have been Disney Magic that got me there Our kiddos loved the pool, and we really liked SSR! We sold our points after we "outgrew" them (we only had 200 points, we were a family of 4 then, not 7 )

Sorry back to Scott's show

DTD is perfect for check in day....OH BOY...no more October trips

Waiting for more...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #48
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

OK, I'll stop lurking and say "hi"! I read your Disneymoon TR and really enjoyed you and Vinnie. Look forward to this TR too, off to a great start Scott.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #49
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

I am late to the party, but I am here.

Ready for the next installment

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #50
mickeyfan71
Mouseketeer

I love the boat to DTD also! It is relaxing! We usually head to DTD the first day we arrive and have a nice dinner that night. Nice start to the trip!

April 2006-POR : December 2007-POFQ : October 2009-CBR
October 2011-WL
Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #51
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Yes you did about the same time I posted my comment. All is good and my link now works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
All checked in. Glad the "bumpy episode" in the flight didn't last too long!

That's crazy how none of your requests were in the first room, but then you got EXACTLY what you wanted in the room...and it was ready

An OT funny story...we owned at SSR (when it was brandy new) and we hunted for that boat to DTD forever never found it...found it on the way back at least...yup we WALKED to DTD...and I am NO athlete..must have been Disney Magic that got me there Our kiddos loved the pool, and we really liked SSR! We sold our points after we "outgrew" them (we only had 200 points, we were a family of 4 then, not 7 )

Sorry back to Scott's show

DTD is perfect for check in day....OH BOY...no more October trips

Waiting for more...
me too. I get scared flying. LOL
the 2 requests were met in the first but when I asked about the higher floor that is what held us up but we only requested it when we got there.
Funny story about points being that also comes later in the trip.
It is a nice way to spend the first day.
Well no more week long trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
OK, I'll stop lurking and say "hi"! I read your Disneymoon TR and really enjoyed you and Vinnie. Look forward to this TR too, off to a great start Scott.
Welcome. Thanks for reading along.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I am late to the party, but I am here.

Ready for the next installment
Welcome. You are here now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan71 View Post
I love the boat to DTD also! It is relaxing! We usually head to DTD the first day we arrive and have a nice dinner that night. Nice start to the trip!
Dinner is closer to home with some friends.

LET ME SAY THE COMMENT ABOUT OCTOBER I MEANT NO MORE WEEK LONG TRIPS. I WILL BE GOING FOR THE WEEKEND OF THE DINNER.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #52
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Great start to your report, we have never been to SSR so it is so nice to see the pictures.

Vinny looked so happy in the picture, I do believe he does have the Disney bug, you have done well my friend .

Why no more week long trips in October? Just curious.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #53
scottny
You better have crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Great start to your report, we have never been to SSR so it is so nice to see the pictures.

Vinny looked so happy in the picture, I do believe he does have the Disney bug, you have done well my friend .

Why no more week long trips in October? Just curious.
Thank you.
You should see about renting points there one day. Grandstand is great. Close to restaurant and the first pick up and first drop off on the bus.

he has switched over. LOL

it was so busy. Even the cm's said they could not believe it was October and where did everyone come from.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #54
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

That plane announcement would scare me. I love SSR, so much nicer than OKW, the boat ride to downtown Disney is one of my favorite things about SSR.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 10-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #55
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I am going to be here for this one.
I thought I would be able to be on the computer the last couple of months, but I hurt my ankle Zip Lining in WI Dells. My ankle started swelling, every time I sat down in front of the computer.

Your Title of the this TR should be, "I spotted Waldo", I mean Scotty and Vinny!

Plan a trip for April-I just got the okay to add some days before my dh convention. April 13-21st.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #56
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Of course your wake up happened that way! LOL. Never trust a natural wake up.

No shame in having a Bloody Mary at 8:20am. I thought that's what they were for?

It always feels like I haven't been to Disney in forever when I return, even if I was only there the month before. That truly is the Disney bug. Glad Vinny caught it.

The best thing about Saratoga Springs is the proximity to DTD.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #57
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Saratoga Springs looks so nice!! I've never been there before, I really should visit sometime!!

I had no idea there was a new balloon in DTD!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #58
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

I love SSR! We stayed there in 2008 and that was such a great trip. We were in Congress Park in a bottom floor room facing the water, and every time I see someone post a picture of SSR taken from DTD or the water, I always look for our room.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #59
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

I saw that you had started this and read your first post the other day but didn't have time to post then.

I would have been nervous with that announcement on the plane, too, it's like they got everyone worked up for nothing.

I'm glad you got your room request. Loved SSR when we stayed there in 2011, we were in Congress Park. I am SOO happy that there is a new Balloon!! Now I have another chance to get on it!

Can't wait for more!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 10-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #60
scottny
You better have crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
That plane announcement would scare me. I love SSR, so much nicer than OKW, the boat ride to downtown Disney is one of my favorite things about SSR.
It scared me but I was more mad that it was nothing. SSR is newer. I like the tropical feel of OKW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I am going to be here for this one.
I thought I would be able to be on the computer the last couple of months, but I hurt my ankle Zip Lining in WI Dells. My ankle started swelling, every time I sat down in front of the computer.

Your Title of the this TR should be, "I spotted Waldo", I mean Scotty and Vinny!

Plan a trip for April-I just got the okay to add some days before my dh convention. April 13-21st.

Hope it is doing better now.
I think it should be.
April is a possibility. We shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Of course your wake up happened that way! LOL. Never trust a natural wake up.

No shame in having a Bloody Mary at 8:20am. I thought that's what they were for?

It always feels like I haven't been to Disney in forever when I return, even if I was only there the month before. That truly is the Disney bug. Glad Vinny caught it.

The best thing about Saratoga Springs is the proximity to DTD.
Ain't that the truth.
I fully agree. They are a morning drink.
It does feel that way. I am just shocked he feels that way but so happy he does.
Yes. I also think it is a gorgeous resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Saratoga Springs looks so nice!! I've never been there before, I really should visit sometime!!

I had no idea there was a new balloon in DTD!
it really is a nice resort. You should go and visit one day.
Yes there is. They never made an announcement that I saw but it is there and working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
I love SSR! We stayed there in 2008 and that was such a great trip. We were in Congress Park in a bottom floor room facing the water, and every time I see someone post a picture of SSR taken from DTD or the water, I always look for our room.

We stayed there but we were facing the bus stop. Congress Park is really nice but not peaceful like Grandstand. CP is good if you want to walk to DTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I saw that you had started this and read your first post the other day but didn't have time to post then.

I would have been nervous with that announcement on the plane, too, it's like they got everyone worked up for nothing.

I'm glad you got your room request. Loved SSR when we stayed there in 2011, we were in Congress Park. I am SOO happy that there is a new Balloon!! Now I have another chance to get on it!

Can't wait for more!
Welcome.
He did. I should have filed a complaint about him but I didn't. Flying is nail biting enough without talk like that. LOL
The new balloon is bigger and better.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: