Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #496
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

I've never seen having to use your room key to access the pool. I wonder if they will all be doing that eventually?

Do not climb. I wonder who I will have to keep away from there? You know my Mikey would be the first to do it.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #497
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
The Lion King section looks really cool!! That sign about not climbing is actually a good idea......you KNOW kids are going to try. At least the sign is there in case parents would read it!!
The entire resort was cool. It is a good idea because I can see many accidents happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
I've never seen having to use your room key to access the pool. I wonder if they will all be doing that eventually?

Do not climb. I wonder who I will have to keep away from there? You know my Mikey would be the first to do it.
I doubt it. The pool there is really nice so I think they don't want over-crowding.
Make sure he doesn't. It doesn't look safe at all. They had a lot of signs up.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #498
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Make sure he doesn't. It doesn't look safe at all. They had a lot of signs up.
I don't think he will. By the time they go again he should have outgrown some of his problems. My daughter may actually rent a house the next time they go and stay off-site. He found out that he can get a house through work I think for $250 for a week. At that price it would be worth it for them.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #499
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is labeled A because it is not really an update but it is an update on a part of the trip.

Okay I said I was nervous about Vinny going to POP because he can be a pain in the neck (think lower) and really opinionated. So we got there and it was going good. He liked the room and thought it was very nice. He loved the section we were in being so close to the main building. He said it was nice and quiet and he even enjoyed swimming in the pool there. I had an issue with the beds not being comfortable but I survived.

The food court he was less than thrilled with. He thought the food court at AofA was much better and it was.

Overall he enjoyed POP and it gets 2 thumbs up from him and he is very willing to stay there again.

I WAS SHOCKED.

I think we might go down for Gay Days/Star Wars Weekend and we will probably end up staying here.
I'm surprised too! Pop is okay but I find it noisy and buses have always been a nightmare when we visit. I guess I just don't have good luck with neighbors at this resort. I do think the theme is cute and it's good enough on a short trip when you mostly be park commando. But for our family of 4 we do like a relaxing resort and bigger room. AOA Lion King section looks awesome! I would love to stay there sometime! Great pictures!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #500
pas130
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying all the AoA pics. Very glad Vinny liked Pop!!! We LOVE Pop!! I was talking with DH last night about changing our trip (shocker I know) I would like to try F&G...and to save $$ I suggested Pop or AoA...he said April or May isn't hot enough to swim (how quickly he forgets our May 2012 trip with the 90 degree weather ) and he said I have the kids all excited for YC...so no changing..

But AoA is brand spankin new and I love the theming...I guess I will just keep drooling over your TR
Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #501
scottny
You better have crackers

Quote:
I don't think he will. By the time they go again he should have outgrown some of his problems. My daughter may actually rent a house the next time they go and stay off-site. He found out that he can get a house through work I think for $250 for a week. At that price it would be worth it for them.
That is a good price for a week rental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
I'm surprised too! Pop is okay but I find it noisy and buses have always been a nightmare when we visit. I guess I just don't have good luck with neighbors at this resort. I do think the theme is cute and it's good enough on a short trip when you mostly be park commando. But for our family of 4 we do like a relaxing resort and bigger room. AOA Lion King section looks awesome! I would love to stay there sometime! Great pictures!
it really was not noisy at all but it could have been our location. No issues on the bus, twice we had to stand.
Well I will say the people upstairs must have been on their honeymoon.
For a larger group I would think it is small.
AofA suites I find so expensive. I would rather rent dvc points and stay at one of them.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am enjoying all the AoA pics. Very glad Vinny liked Pop!!! We LOVE Pop!! I was talking with DH last night about changing our trip (shocker I know) I would like to try F&G...and to save $$ I suggested Pop or AoA...he said April or May isn't hot enough to swim (how quickly he forgets our May 2012 trip with the 90 degree weather ) and he said I have the kids all excited for YC...so no changing..

But AoA is brand spankin new and I love the theming...I guess I will just keep drooling over your TR
I am completely shocked.
Vinny says the same thing about the weather and swimming.
From YC that would be a big price saver.
Wait for the night pics, they are some of my faves.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #502
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm happy to hear that Vinny gave Pop two thumbs up. Hopefully, you can book a stay there for Gay Days/Star Wars weekends. Do you know your dates yet? We may be there at the same time.

Wow! I love all of your pictures of AoA. I am trying to figure out a way to get my group over there to walk around next trip.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #503
vyrg
Lilipépite

Great report
Old 12-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #504
scottny
You better have crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm happy to hear that Vinny gave Pop two thumbs up. Hopefully, you can book a stay there for Gay Days/Star Wars weekends. Do you know your dates yet? We may be there at the same time.

Wow! I love all of your pictures of AoA. I am trying to figure out a way to get my group over there to walk around next trip.
It is probably where we will be staying. I think 5/31-6/3 or something close to that.
Definitely should. It is really nice to look at. Tell them the food is good. it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrg View Post
Great report
Thanks and welcome.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #505
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am completely shocked.
Vinny says the same thing about the weather and swimming.
From YC that would be a big price saver.
Wait for the night pics, they are some of my faves.
I can't wait for the night pics!!! DH and I took a stroll at Pop (kiddos and DMIL fast asleep) it was beautiful!!! AoA wasn't open yet unfortunately..we went Memorial Day weekend and Pop wasn't crowded at all for what I expected!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #506
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
At BLT you also need a key to access their pool.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #507
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

The Lion King area is so wonderful, I am a resort snob but actually would love to stay here just for the themes. I am glad Vinny enjoyed it.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 12-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #508
scottny
You better have crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I can't wait for the night pics!!! DH and I took a stroll at Pop (kiddos and DMIL fast asleep) it was beautiful!!! AoA wasn't open yet unfortunately..we went Memorial Day weekend and Pop wasn't crowded at all for what I expected!!!
it is further down the road. Much further.
I was surprised at how unbusy it was. Maybe mor epeople are staying at mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
At BLT you also need a key to access their pool.
there are several pools like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
The Lion King area is so wonderful, I am a resort snob but actually would love to stay here just for the themes. I am glad Vinny enjoyed it.
Vinny enjoyed POP wait till AofA.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #509
scottny
You better have crackers

Update 42

When we last met I had just finished my dinner and we were starting to head back to POP.

Mine, mine, mine.

Smile for the camera. LOL

I have no idea why I took this pic.

Swim little fishy.

Here is the map of the resort.

Then we started to head back to POP.

Vinny pretending he knew which way to go.

Let’s dance.

And that was the last photo for the night. Vinny did go down and buy himself some aloe and he had dinner.
Ent: Shrimp Lo Mein.
Total $7.25 with the TIW discount.

Now also I did buy teeth medicine. My wisdom tooth was really killing me so I bought their version of orajel and it worked within a day in a half. I was so happy. It hurt. LOL

For the rest of the night we watched tv and slept.

Sorry for such a boring day but I guess the first 5 days caught up to us.

Up next,

Day 7 begins.

P.s. Vinny also informed me he HATED AofA. He thought the resort was nice but did not like how people were behaving. He was really turned off and we move there in 5 days.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #510
tazdev3225

I take pics of random foliage. I always wonder why afterwards. It's not as bad as taking a picture of my sock though.

Does Vinny ever walk with you? He always seems to be ahead.

AofA looks really nice but I'm not sure staying in the Little Mermaid rooms would be worth the walk.

What were the people doing that had Vinny upset? Can't wait to see how he likes the move there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: