Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #361
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I have watched a ton of videos of the Boo to you parade and I am in LOVE with the Haunted Mansion part. I mean the whole parade looks incredible, but I am in love with when they scrape the shovels on the sidewalk. So cool! And the hitchhiking ghosts! AHHHH.

I LOVE your pictures of the Haunted Mansion, especially the one where it is blue and purple!

I agree that the parties aren’t long enough. I just went to MVMCP, and I wanted to stay all night!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #362
TinkerbellinNY6
Mouseketeer

I absolutely loved the Boo To You parade!

I also thought I would let you know that I am extending my college program into May! So hopefully we will be able to meet at some point
Our Disney Trips: Feb 2007-ASMu, Dec 2007-CSR, Dec/Jan 2009-2010-Pop, Poly, CSR, Aug 2010-BLT, Pop, May 2011-ASSp, CR, Dec 2011-Pop, Aug 2012-BC, POR, SSR, Oct 2012-Pop, Nov 2012-Pop, CSR, Dec 2012-Pop, AKL, Feb 2013-CBR, April 2013-YC, May 2013-POFQ, CR, ASMo Current CM
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #363
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Hahahaha, man, you're so right. Cinderella totally has a stank face in some of those pictures. Belle was definitely competing with her for Charming's attention.

Dull Rapunzel is never fun. You're right, she should be carazy!

Listen, I talk to myself all the time at WDW. There's no shame in talking to yourself about something you find fabulous. Just go with it.

If you have a borderline obsession with the Haunted Mansion (like I do), then make sure you make it to Disneyland Paris at some point. Their Phantom Manor is crazy good. My favorite by far.

Sounds like you had such a great day.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #364
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Your MNSSHP sounds like it was BEYOND perfect. So amazing!!!

I had to skip over your Boo to You pics so I can be surprised when I finally see it! Though I must say, that picture of the castle where it's covered in purple and turquoise is GORGEOUS. Omg.

That HM lady sounds hilarious. Was she supposed to be a ghost, ya think?

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 12-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #365
JDUB
Mouseketeer

Boo to you is our fav too! The song is stuck in our head forever. Love your TR pics! Very nice job on your costume!
Feb 2014 - Pop Century/Swan Hotel

(Jeremy) (DW) (DD9) (DS7) : (DS5)

DisDads Club Member #740

OKW Dec 2014

.................................................. .............................
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #366
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

I just love the Halloween party- I agree that it is way too short. And too expensive to really be able to go to more than one without some serious saving!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #367
katt789
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy that you loved MNSSHP so much, it's definitely one of my favorite things to do at Disney, I love it so much!! I would DIE if I could ever be a HM dancer, they're probably my favorite part of the parade, so awesome!! I absolutely love having those moments that you're all "This is home, I belong in Disney" haha, it's great!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 AM   #368
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Oh my gosh! Goofy's Candy Co float - that's awesome! The Haunted Mansion character lady was perfect! The entire Haunted Mansion theme as part of the parade totally makes sense and Disney does such a great job with it!
I know, it's so cute! Yeah she was really awesome - I didn't even know she existed but that was an awesome bit of entertainment. I agree, loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Seeing all your MNSSHP pics has made me really excited about going next year!
Aww I hope you have an amazing time! I'm sure you will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Great update! Ok tough question time. You've been to both MNSSHP and MVMCP. Which one did you like better? Also are you going to do a dcp trip report?
I have to say that I like MNSSHP better. However, I love them both SO MUCH. Not so scary wins though because of the fact that you can dress up and you can go trick or treating. It just has those little extra touches that make it a little more special. However, I am IN LOVE with MVMCP too because it is just the most magical thing. I love them both!1

And yes, at the moment I think that's what I'm going to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
"While watching this parade, I was hit with one of those "Disney is Perfect" moments. It was SUCH a high on life, magic, and happiness."

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YES.

Oh how thankful I am to have people like you in my life who understand what I feel!! I was SO upset before the parade (I'm sure you remember what a mess my first MNSSHP was... thank God some special person convinced me to go again :D) and it was like getting a shot of Disney Magic right into the vein. I was just like so overcome with how amazing that parade was that I didn't even know what to do. I was screaming and pointing at everything and exclaiming, loudly, what everything was ("PAIN AND PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!"). I don't think anyone there was as excited as I was, at least, I didn't see anyone. I literally fantasize about being in that parade all the time. I was even like... I should start taking ballroom dancing classes now, just in case by some miracle I ended up working in Disney, and ended up getting cast in Entertainment, and ended up getting to audition for the ballroom dancers... I need to be prepared. OH I WISH I COULD JUST GO. I'm so sick of this whole not living in Disney thing. It's awful. So anyway, can I live in your closet while you do the CP?

Oh my GOD that performer in front of the Haunted Mansion sounds AWESOME. I didn't see her at all. You got really lucky!

Honestly, one night at MNSSHP is really not enough. Especially for Disney freaks like us. I know this because I went 3 times and that did not at all quench my MNSSHP thirst. MNSSHP is just like Disney World in general - just cause I've seen it doesn't mean I don't wanna go back again and again. And again. Until they kick me out. Literally, I went to the MK on Halloween the day after my 3rd party and stayed until they wouldn't even let people past the confectionery. HAH. Too bad they were sold out or else I would have stayed!
I'm so glad YOU understand what I'm saying! AHH that parade is just incredible. I fantasize about being in it too but I'm not a dancer. Darn my stubborn young self for convincing my Mom to let me quit dance!! Such a regret. I JUST WANNA BE IN A DISNEY PARADE!!

I am SO happy that I convinced you to go to the party again. Seriously, it was definitely worth it. We can see that because of the after-effects of your MNSSHP obsession

Haha girl, I think you're meant to go work in Disney. You need to audition, just to see what would happen. Maybe things are frustrating at home because you belong somewhere else......

And hahaha yes, you are always welcome

She was really funny! I didn't even know she existed! It was so cool to see her.

Haha when I went to MNSSHP when I was 13, I remember only my Mom, my brother, and I went and we ended up going twice because we loved it so much. I totally agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalPrincess View Post
Jess,

What kind of camera do you have? I have seen that parade three times and can never get my pictures to turn out that well!
I use a Nikon D3100 and I use iPhoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
After reading this I had to watch a youtube video of the parade because I've never seen it. It looks awesome. And catchy music too! I hope I get to experience MNSSHP one day!
Isn't it great!? I love it! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
PAIN AND PANIC ARE IN THE BOO TO YOU PARADE!?!?!! Oh my god. I need to go.

I am so behind on commenting on this but I have been reading every update. it's beautiful. I LOVE the Haunted Mansion representation. Best attraction ever.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
YES!

That's okay! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Me too - I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luv your pics from the parade. Also love your Timothy pin you got.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I have watched a ton of videos of the Boo to you parade and I am in LOVE with the Haunted Mansion part. I mean the whole parade looks incredible, but I am in love with when they scrape the shovels on the sidewalk. So cool! And the hitchhiking ghosts! AHHHH.

I LOVE your pictures of the Haunted Mansion, especially the one where it is blue and purple!

I agree that the parties aren’t long enough. I just went to MVMCP, and I wanted to stay all night!
I KNOW. It's so beautiful! It's the best parade ever.

Thank you so much!

Oh my gosh I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinNY6 View Post
I absolutely loved the Boo To You parade!

I also thought I would let you know that I am extending my college program into May! So hopefully we will be able to meet at some point
Me too!

Ahh awesome! We will definitely have to meet! What's your new role?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Hahahaha, man, you're so right. Cinderella totally has a stank face in some of those pictures. Belle was definitely competing with her for Charming's attention.

Dull Rapunzel is never fun. You're right, she should be carazy!

Listen, I talk to myself all the time at WDW. There's no shame in talking to yourself about something you find fabulous. Just go with it.

If you have a borderline obsession with the Haunted Mansion (like I do), then make sure you make it to Disneyland Paris at some point. Their Phantom Manor is crazy good. My favorite by far.

Sounds like you had such a great day.
Bahaha right!? It was so funny.

I agree!

Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I hope I get to go there someday!

It really was

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your MNSSHP sounds like it was BEYOND perfect. So amazing!!!

I had to skip over your Boo to You pics so I can be surprised when I finally see it! Though I must say, that picture of the castle where it's covered in purple and turquoise is GORGEOUS. Omg.

That HM lady sounds hilarious. Was she supposed to be a ghost, ya think?
It really was!

Haha sorry for the spoilers! Thank you!

She was! Yes, I believe so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUB View Post
Boo to you is our fav too! The song is stuck in our head forever. Love your TR pics! Very nice job on your costume!
Haha same here! Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
I just love the Halloween party- I agree that it is way too short. And too expensive to really be able to go to more than one without some serious saving!
So do I! Yeah, I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I'm so happy that you loved MNSSHP so much, it's definitely one of my favorite things to do at Disney, I love it so much!! I would DIE if I could ever be a HM dancer, they're probably my favorite part of the parade, so awesome!! I absolutely love having those moments that you're all "This is home, I belong in Disney" haha, it's great!
It definitely is amazing! Aww maybe someday you will get to be! Keep auditioning I do too! It makes me feel like I have a place where I truly belong!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #369
Taya
Earning My Ears

We should go to Disney the same time. Haha I am just joking
Old 12-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #370
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taya View Post
We should go to Disney the same time. Haha I am just joking
Maybe we will be someday! If you go between January and August I'll be there!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #371
Taya
Earning My Ears

I might go in August or January of 2013. That would be cool though
Old 12-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #372
katiegirl
Earning My Ears

Sooooooo, I've decided that now I have to finally come out of lurky-world and tell you that you keep me fully entertained!!!!!
Something about the word FRUMP drew me in from the start.
I've been living vicariously through you since you wrote your first trip report. I've been particularly enjoying this report because Halloween in WDW is amazing and you do such a great job of capturing the vibe!!!!
Thank you for being so enthusiastic for all things Disney and for life in general, you really brighten my day!!!!

Off Site Feb.1988, Port Orleans French Quarter Feb.1992, All-Star Music Oct.2001, Caribbean Beach Resort Oct.2003, Pop Century May 2007, Fort Wilderness Cabins Dec.2010, Art of Animation- Cars Suite Feb.2013, Fort Wilderness Campsites -rented trailer Oct. 2014

Old 12-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #373
TinkerbellinNY6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

Me too!

Ahh awesome! We will definitely have to meet! What's your new role?

[/FONT]
I am going to be a character attendant starting in January! I am excited to get to do something new
Our Disney Trips: Feb 2007-ASMu, Dec 2007-CSR, Dec/Jan 2009-2010-Pop, Poly, CSR, Aug 2010-BLT, Pop, May 2011-ASSp, CR, Dec 2011-Pop, Aug 2012-BC, POR, SSR, Oct 2012-Pop, Nov 2012-Pop, CSR, Dec 2012-Pop, AKL, Feb 2013-CBR, April 2013-YC, May 2013-POFQ, CR, ASMo Current CM
Old 12-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #374
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Chapter 10: My First Food and Wine Experience!
October 6th, 2012

This morning I got up at 8:15 am - which is sleeping in for Disney! My feet were completely dead. WE DID SO MUCH WALKING.

I got ready to go and we headed out the door! Mom and I went right to Epcot!

We went straight to The Land and got some Soarin' fastpasses! Then we got breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. Mom got a Cinnamon Raisin Bagel and a Greek yogurt, and I decided to have Banana Cake. YAY FOR HAVING DESSERT FOR BREAKFAST! That cake was GOOD, too. It was moist but it wasn't too dense, and the frosting PERFECTLY complimented the flavor of the cake. Yet another winning dessert from the Sunshine Seasons Bakery.

Then I spent the next HOUR writing down everything from the day before in my trip journal. If I didn't take the time to do that, there honestly would not have been a trip report for this trip. So be thankful that I take the time out of my trip to do such high quality reporting. (: hahaha (but really!)

Around 11:45 am Miranda came to meet up with us!

Mom and I went on Soarin' at 12 pm with our fastpasses. We were in the 3rd row! I realized that the ride seems faster down there. Probably because you're much closer to the screen!

We met back up with Miranda and then headed to the World Showcase! It was FOOD AND WINE TIME!

Unfortunately, our scheduled Food and Wine day was a Saturday. If you can avoid it, DO NOT GO TO FOOD AND WINE ON A WEEKEND. Since our trip was over a holiday weekend, we didn't really have a choice. It was okay, though. The crowds didn't bother me. I survived Christmas week the previous year, I could survive Food and Wine on a Holiday weekend.

On top of the crowds, though, it was HOT that day. Regardless, we managed and still had a wonderful time.

Here is our little Food and Wine passport! You can get it stamped every time you go to a new country to keep track of your samplings!

Our first stop was Canada!

Even though I can get this meal at Le Cellier, I HAD to start out with the Cheddar Cheese Soup and the Mushroom Filet. It was wonderful and fulfilled my Le Cellier craving for the trip!

While eating our samples, we talked to this Dad who was all grumbly about Disney. He was like "my kids just want me to come with them now that they're older so that they can spend my money!" Bahaha Mr. Grumpy Gills. BE HAPPY - embrace the Disney!!

All of the locals come out on F&W weekends, by the way. It's a whole different crowd scene at Epcot!

Our second stop was Ireland, which was in the UK Pavilion.

Miranda heard great things about the Lobster and Seafood Fisherman's pie, so she had to try it. It was SO GOOD. I had a bite. It was like mashed potatoes but kicked up a few notches.

Then next was Belgium, which was located in the France Pavilion. OF COURSE I got a Belgium Waffle. It was perfect and it was everything I wanted it to be. It was my favorite thing I got at F&W - such a classic!

Once we finished eating, we saw that Belle barely had any line! We had to meet her, of course.

While we were in line, we were talking to this guy (who seemed to be really enjoying the wine aspect of the festival) and we started talking about MNSSHP. My Mom told him that I dressed up as Belle for the party, and he said he wanted to see a picture. So I pulled up one on my iPhone and was like like "YOU'RE BETTER THAN HER!" and he started telling all his friends about how I was better than the real one. Bahaha it was too funny.

Belle was cute! I showed her the picture from the night before, as well, and she asked me if the Enchanted Objects helped me make my dress! I said yes, of course they did!

BACK TO THE FOOD. Our next stop was Poland, which was in between Italy and Germany. Mom and Miranda got Kielbasa and Potato Perogies with Caramelized Onion and Sour Cream that they really liked!

Then I wanted to wait in line for Germany which was like 5 miles long. So while I was waiting, Mom went to DESTINATION: CHEESE to get some cheese fondue and sour dough bread. That was really good! It reminded me of Cheddar Cheese Soup from Canada.

I just found the name Destination: CHEESE so funny. This is how the cheese station was documented in the F&W passport. Every other station was like "Destination: Germany" or "Destination: Poland" and then you get to "Destination.... CHEESE." CHEESE IS NOT A COUNTRY! Although it definitely should be...

Germany was having some technical issues with the credit card system, but we finally got to the front of the line.

I got the Apple Strudel which was AMAZING! Except they gave me like the smallest piece ever. Ah well. It was so yummy!

After that, we passed Norway because I wanted to ride the Maelstrom, but the line was 40 minutes long! (No, I'm not kidding.) So I grabbed fastpasses (yes, I'm being 100% serious!) while Mom and Miranda went to line up at the Caribbean booth. That was located right before Mexico.

Miranda got the Jerk Chicken:

And Mom got the Ropa Jerdi which was shredded beef over cilantro rice.

After eating that, Miranda had to go to work. So we said goodbye and see you tomorrow!

Then Mom and I went back to Norway, looked in the gift shop, and went on the Maelstrom!

The poor little girl in front of us was so scared of the Maelstrom. I sure hope she is not emotionally scarred and can someday appreciate the beauty of NORVAY.

I noticed that the Maelstrom is a very bumpy ride! It was beating us up quite a lot on this day! THE MAELSTROM IS THE WILDEST RIDE IN THE SCANDINAVIAN AREA!

Then we went to Kringla Og Cafe so Mom could get her Sweet Almond Pretzel. I was so full so I only had two bites. Food and Wine is VERY filling!

There were quite a lot of drunks hanging out at the Ol' Kringla. They were so obnoxious.

Then we went over to China because I wanted to make an adoption. I wanted to formally bring NORMAN JUNIOR into the frump family! He was so cute and it was about time that I brought him home with me. He was only $15 dollars - I just couldn't leave him behind again!

With baby deer in hand, Mom and I went to the Disney Traders store to look around. I got a Blue Epcot 30 shirt there!

Then at the Food and Wine Shop, Mom talked to this lady who sold a lot of all-natural oils and lotions. She was a FABULOUS saleswomen, and judging by the reviews from her fellow CM's, her products really worked! Mom got some oil stuff for your hair/nails and some peppermint balm for our aching feet.

I also got a Food and Wine shirt there! I know guys, I have a Disney T-Shirt addiction. It's fine.

While I was cashing out, I was talking to the CM's about how I applied to the College Program. The 2 younger ones used to/still work at Animal Kingdom! They wished me the best and made me sing the Mickey Mouse Club theme for good luck!

Then we went back to Future World and I went to get Preston a "Mine Mine Mine" shirt at the Seas. I figured it was the PERFECT present because we had just seen Finding Nemo in 3-D and we say "MINE MINE MINE" all the time. He gets lots of compliments on that shirt.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 12-15-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #375
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taya View Post
I might go in August or January of 2013. That would be cool though
Let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiegirl View Post
Sooooooo, I've decided that now I have to finally come out of lurky-world and tell you that you keep me fully entertained!!!!!
Something about the word FRUMP drew me in from the start.
I've been living vicariously through you since you wrote your first trip report. I've been particularly enjoying this report because Halloween in WDW is amazing and you do such a great job of capturing the vibe!!!!
Thank you for being so enthusiastic for all things Disney and for life in general, you really brighten my day!!!!
Aww thank you so much! Hahaha I'm glad frump was appealing. I'm so happy that you have been here from the start! I completely LOVED WDW at Halloween so I'm glad it was accurately portrayed! Your welcome - thank you for appreciating my love of Disney! That's such a nice compliment! Thank you! Enjoy the rest of the report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinNY6 View Post
I am going to be a character attendant starting in January! I am excited to get to do something new
Ahh that's awesome! I have heard that is such a fun job - you're going to love it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: