Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
UWGRAD
Earning My Ears

Routes from WBC to the Parks

Tried searching there doesn't appear to be anything summarized (maybe because its so painfully obvious what the routes are).

So am I missing anything besides the obvious routes...any secrets/tips?

EPCOT looks like its a bunch of side roads in through the back of the park, any insight if those aren't easy approaches?
UWGRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

You turn left out of WBC to get to every park. DHS is like three blocks down and you turn left into the parking lot. So when you turn left out of WBC going there, you'll want to get right in the left lane.

For the rest of the parks, you'll get in the right lane. The exit for both MK and Epcot is just past where you would turn in to Hollywood Studios (but on the right, of course). If you're going to Epcot, stay to the right after exiting. There will be another exit not far down on the right that will take you right to the Epcot parking lot. For MK, keep left and it's a straight shot. For AK, you're going to go pretty far (2-3 miles) down Lake Buena Vista. There will be a sign that says "Animal Kingdom Next Right". The turn is three feet past that sign. It should just say to turn right. After that exit, AK is straight ahead.
Senator Tressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

I actually tend to go another way.

For EPCOT and the MK I turn right onto East Buena Vista. After the bridge I turn Left and then take the on-ramp onto EPCOT Center Drive. 2 Lanes of the road go into EPCOT's parking lot, and the left lane will take you past EPCOT's entrance where you can then make the right onto World Drive for MK

MGM is a Left onto East Buena Vista. As mentioned above, MGM's entrance will be on your left a few lights down the road.

For AK, I USED to just turn left onto East Buena Vista and follow it all the way down to the turn into AK. The trip I took early this month however I started making the Left on East Buena Vista, then the 2nd Left onto Victory Way to go past the POP and AoA. I then turn right at the next light (near World of Sports) which will take me straight into the AK Parking lot. Even though this route may be a bit longer distance wise, I found it was MUCH faster because I can avoid a TON of lights
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote