Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,189

Loterie Farm cabana on St. Maarten??

Has anyone had recent experience renting a cabana at Loterie Farm? I've read great reviews of Loterie in general, but haven't heard much about the cabanas. Today I reserved the VIP cabana for our group of 7-9. I can always cancel if we change our mind. Just wondering if others who rented feel it was worth the dough. We plan to take a cab there right after the ship docks, pay for our cabana (to get the discount on the zip adventure), do the zip before it gets crowded, and then spend the day by the pool enjoying our cabana. Any comments/feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,189

Bump. Anyone???
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
Bree
DIS Veteran
 
Bree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 775

I have only been zip lining there in 2006 before the pool area was opened in 2011. We are planning to go back on our 2014 trip. I have seen the photos of the pool area and it is beautiful. Not sure how important it is, but the VIP cabana is away from the pool area. It has it's own jacuzzion the deck though which is really nice! You can see the pool area from the deck and walk down a path to get to it. The regular cabanas are around the pool.
__________________

Bree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree View Post
I have only been zip lining there in 2006 before the pool area was opened in 2011. We are planning to go back on our 2014 trip. I have seen the photos of the pool area and it is beautiful. Not sure how important it is, but the VIP cabana is away from the pool area. It has it's own jacuzzion the deck though which is really nice! You can see the pool area from the deck and walk down a path to get to it. The regular cabanas are around the pool.
Yes - it does matter. But I specifically asked that question and they told me the VIP cabana was right there by the pool with a private deck (no hot tub though). Hmm . . . I need to call them and confirm.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,189

Update for anyone who reads this thread and wants the scoop . . . apparently there are 2 VIP cabanas, one by the pool and one set back a ways. Looking forward to giving this a try!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #6
TimonPumba
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 63

Can you tell me how you went about booking a cabana there? Did you ask for a specific VIP cabana (ie: do you have the choice of the one by the pool)? How far out are you booking?

And, regarding transportation there and back - do you have any idea of the time and cost?

Thank you!
TimonPumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimonPumba View Post
Can you tell me how you went about booking a cabana there? Did you ask for a specific VIP cabana (ie: do you have the choice of the one by the pool)? How far out are you booking?

And, regarding transportation there and back - do you have any idea of the time and cost?

Thank you!
I just emailed them to ask questions about the cabanas, and yes - I did specify I wanted to be by the pool. The non-VIP cabanas are also by the pool but don't have a private deck and cost 50 Euros less. We are booking now for New Years Eve. I have no idea if this is really necessary - not sure how quickly they fill up.

I believe the cab costs $30 for the first 2 people and $5 for each person after that (one way) - approx 30-40 minute drive from the port.

Note that cabana guests get a discount on the obstacle/zip line course. Good luck!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
EvaSue
DIS Veteran
 
EvaSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, baby!
Posts: 528

I know this isn't what you're asking, but I just had to pipe in that Loterie Farm was the highlight of our cruise last October. We did the longest zip (I think they call it the "extreme" or something) and I will never forget it for as long as I live. Best day ever!!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
I know this isn't what you're asking, but I just had to pipe in that Loterie Farm was the highlight of our cruise last October. We did the longest zip (I think they call it the "extreme" or something) and I will never forget it for as long as I live. Best day ever!!
Good to know. As the kids aren't 18, we have to do the "regular" zip course. Still looks like lots of fun. Can't wait!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #10
TimonPumba
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 63

Thanks for the information. One more question - does Loterie Farm require payment for the cabanas up front? If so, do they have a policy to refund if the ship does not dock for some reason?
TimonPumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimonPumba View Post
Thanks for the information. One more question - does Loterie Farm require payment for the cabanas up front? If so, do they have a policy to refund if the ship does not dock for some reason?
No deposit required so no risk involved. I have read that if you want to do the zipline, you need to get there first thing in the morning before other tours arrive (RCCL has an excursion to zip there). The zip gets really crowded if you get there at the wrong time. We plan to go right after we dock. Make sure when you get there that you pay for your cabana first so that you get the discount on the zipline if you want it. I think the zipline opens at 9:00 and the cabana area at 10:00??? You might want to confirm those times though.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
TimonPumba
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 63

Great info, thanks. I would love to hear about your experience with the cabana when you return. Have a great trip!
TimonPumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #13
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimonPumba View Post
Great info, thanks. I would love to hear about your experience with the cabana when you return. Have a great trip!
Thx! Send me a PM in January, and I'll tell you all about it.
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.