Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #31
realityland
Mouseketeer

Location: Latitude 27° 5' 59.199" Longitude -82° 27' 15.3475" (Venice, Florida)

Just got an email that our seating has been changed to Main. We depart in less than a week. Woot!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #32
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityland View Post
A quick question for the DCL regulars - what are the chances of changing from the late dinner seating to the early seating once we get on the ship?

I know that there is a location listed on the Navigator where this request can be made once you board the ship. I'm just curious what the success rate is. We are traveling with a 10 month-old and booked our cruise 2 months out, so only the late seating was available. Just want to consider all of our options. Thanks!
38 days out and I was able to change to early dining. Have a blast on your cruise.
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #33
Summerl30
Mouseketeer

We have main right now and DH wants me to change it to late. We always do either late on other cruises or the flexible hours and eat late. we love sleeping in on a cruise, so everything is pushed back and we stay up late. With the kids, I thought this wouldn't be the case, but DH is fairly adamant, so maybe someone will benefit?
Summerl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #34
jahber
DIS Veteran

We booked 30 days out for the 10/28 Dream. We requested early and found out when we got our kttw cards that we got it. Our TA never emailed us, but I'm not surprised. He was not on top of things at all.

In fact, I had pretty much made peace with late dining when my husband suggested we try for early while we were eating at Cabanas. If he hasn't, I would never have noticed we already had it and we would have missed dinner!
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #35
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

changing dinner time

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityland View Post
Some very good discussion here. Hard to say which camp we will fall in, early vs. late preference. We generally eat at 5 or 6 at home. But then again, we are all on our normal routine at home. Once we get on the ship and the baby's schedule goes upside down, hard to say which option will work better for us.

I could see us getting lunch at 2 or so, and the baby napping in the late afternoon - making a late seating attractive. Or, all of us not being able to make it until 8 o'clock and it being a disaster. The baby won't care which seating we have. He'll want to eat when he wants to eat.

Since we would be making a request about 21 days out, I would imagine the chances of getting a switch are highly, highly unlikely. We'll make the best of whatever we get. Considering the FL resident rate for booking at the last minute, there will be NO complaints allowed in my group. Without the FL resident rate, there would be no cruise on November 11th for us.
I was able to change from late to early when i requested the change i very poilety explained that i did not care for the table mates. I found that i liked the early dinning and if i got hungery a few hours latter then i could get room service or go upto the pool deck and have a snack. good luck
2013 WDW Royal Guest @Port Orleans Riverside. 2012WDW @ Royal Guest Port Orleans Riverside Disney Cruise line The Fantasy. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French Quarter. 2002 WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Disney cruise line The Wonder.2007 Disneyland@ The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise Hotel. 2000 Disneyland @ The Disneyland Hotel. 1999 1998,1996 Disneyland off sight hotels.
A proud Disney Stockholder
A Proud Seahawk Fan 2014 Super bowl Champions
A Seattle Mariner fan
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #36
ZoeBell
Mouseketeer

Speaking of requests, what are the chances my request for my party of 3 to eat alone? It's for a late dinner sitting.

I know a request is only a request and not a gaurantee, but it's probably the only thing we really want. We'll sleep anywhere. Dinner anytime.we're really not fussy. We just want to eat alone. That's the only we're hoping.
ZoeBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #37
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeBell
Speaking of requests, what are the chances my request for my party of 3 to eat alone? It's for a late dinner sitting.

I know a request is only a request and not a gaurantee, but it's probably the only thing we really want. We'll sleep anywhere. Dinner anytime.we're really not fussy. We just want to eat alone. That's the only we're hoping.
It might not be a problem, really. Especially late seating, where they likely have more flexibility. Be sure to request in advance. Then, go to dining changes first thing and see if your request was already honored. If not, let the person making changes know how important it is to you. It never hurts to ask (nicely, as the pp stated )
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #38
bpokornik
Earning My Ears

Unhappy How do you request a table for two?

Is it possible to request a table for two. We are on the 12/1/12 cruise celebrating a 35th wedding anniversary (late seating). How do I request that preference. If I have to share my table with strangers for our anniversary cruise I think I will just cry!
bpokornik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #39
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpokornik
Is it possible to request a table for two. We are on the 12/1/12 cruise celebrating a 35th wedding anniversary (late seating). How do I request that preference. If I have to share my table with strangers for our anniversary cruise I think I will just cry!
You can make any request, but whether its possible or not is quite another matter.
We didn't think we'd like sharing our table, but honestly, we've met some wonderful people who we still stay in contact with now. Strangers are only friends you've never met!!
Would you really be so upset at sharing a table? Make you cry? Honestly? If that's how your truly feel, I hope Disney can help you or you best get the tissues ready!
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #40
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpokornik View Post
The only way to ensure that you have a table for two at dinner is to make reservations at Palo/Remy every night. You can only make one online, but if you go to dining changes and find that you do have tablemates you can put in a request to be placed on the waitlist for Palo and be called each day if there is an opening.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #41
skierrob
Mouseketeer

LOL.... I wanted the exact opposite on my last cruise to Alaska! We always love dining with others, and have had great experiences doing so. So the two of us were very disappointed that we had a dinner table to ourselves on the cruise.

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeBell View Post

skierrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #42
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpokornik
On the 10/21 Dream cruise, my boyfriend and I were seated alone on late seating and didn't even ask for it. So it is possible, it just will depend how full the cruise is.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!), 2014 Southern Caribbean
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
holula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #43
Aurora l
Earning My Ears

On last summer's Alaska cruise we were set for the late setting. We changed it as soon as we got on board, to early, with no problem and our family of 4 had a table of 4 without asking.
Aurora l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #44
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpokornik View Post
We were on a cruise for our 30th anniversary, at a table for 6 and quite enjoyed it. One of the other couples also had the same anniversary! We had a good time sharing our celebration!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #45
sskem96
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear late dining is easier to get, as that's what we're planning to request. My dad goes to bed very early, and if we had early dinner I don't think he'd ever make it through the shows afterward. I would rather he be able to see the show early, and then he can grab a quick bite or order room service and go to bed while the rest of us go to dinner. My mom and I work nights, so we're used to eating at strange times, and the rest of my family is flexible.

I'm another one who wouldn't be comfortable with table mates. How many do the tables seat? If there are already 6 of us traveling together, are we likely to have other people at our table? Dinner is our family time and that might be about the only time we see our kids the whole cruise! I expect to get to sit down with them at dinner and talk about what they've been doing all day, new friends they've met, etc. and not have to worry about making conversation with another family.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: