Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #76
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJasmine66 View Post
You know, i think we're all doing fantastic & any weight loss is brill because it makes you feel sooo good! I was gutted with my first weigh-in after coming home because I gained 7lbs - I should say that I ate what I wanted when we were away, didn't deprive myself of anything at all, but getting back on the scales I wondered if it was worth it, but its only taken me 6 weeks to lose that 7lbs & I'm back & ready to go start again

but its hard so any support will be great - i think we can all help each other
so true!
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #77
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
No real weight target yet, I just want to get back down to 'normal' sized clothes....
lol- i know the feeling, i would rather be snow white rather than pooh bear!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #78
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Megadegs View Post
Weigh in today, after the excesses of last week delighted to say I am a quarter of a pound down (will translate that as stayed the same, lol.)

Time to 'D' day = 38 weeks
Weight lost = 3 pounds
Still to lose = 48 pounds

Hope everyone is doing ok. Good luck this week x
well done, every ounce counts!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #79
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
Well folks, today is my birthday and my wonderful BF has bought me a juicer and heart rate monitor so these thigns are going to help my weight loss journey!!

Still not been weighed or measured, but my jeans seem to fit me right away as soon as they have been washed and dryed - no more awkwards pulling and tugging to get them on and then praying to the jeans god that they stretch in time to look less obscene!

x
what a wonderful supportive bf you have.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #80
married2mm
DIS Veteran

hi everyone-sorry about all the posts- i'm not very techno,to say the least, so don't know how to reply to more than one post at a time!

anyway-weightloss time, sadly stayed the same,however on the positive side-no gain, just maintained.
had a hospital appointment earlier, and have to give up chocolate and caffeine so hopefully that will help- don't know what it will do to my mood though
Old 11-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #81
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Weighed myself earlier and I've lost 2lbs I guess just cutting back on junk food really does help, considering I've not done any extra exercise yet. Although I may have sweated some of it off at the ridiculously warm gig I went to on Tuesday

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #82
Magic Megadegs
Mouseketeer

Happy birthday Ciorsdah!

Don't worry marriedtomm I don't know how to do that either, lol

Ohana Sam you just rock, well done!!!

Dec / Jan 1990/1991 Villa Xmas, August 1993 I Drive, November 2001 I Drive, August 2003 I Drive Honeymoon , Dec / Jan 2010/2011 Reunion Resort Xmas, August 2013 Caribe Royale & Old Key West Resort , February 2014 Holiday Inn Resort LBV
Magic Megadegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #83
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhanaSam View Post
Weighed myself earlier and I've lost 2lbs I guess just cutting back on junk food really does help, considering I've not done any extra exercise yet. Although I may have sweated some of it off at the ridiculously warm gig I went to on Tuesday
well done-that's fab
Old 11-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #84
married2mm
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Magic Megadegs;46675016]

Don't worry marriedtomm I don't know how to do that either, lol

thanks, glad i'm not the only one!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #85
arieliwish
I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty,

Well done everyone!

I've lost 4lbs so far but was hindered by our London weekend so happy with that. Have an Achilles problem just now and been told to rest it and use ibuprofen gel so that's stopped the exercise plan for a bit. If anyone has any suggestions re Achilles help I'd very much appreciate it!

Keep going!

2000 Nov DLP Newport Bay Club - DH, DD 5, DS 2
2004 Aug 29 -Sep 12 WDW Offsite Clarion Universal - DH, DD 9, DS 6 2005 Sep 13-27 WDW CBR - DH, DD 10, DS 7 2006 Oct 22-26 DLP Newport Bay Club - DH, DD 11, DS 8, + 12 family and friends!! 2013 March 14 - 17 DLP DLH - DD 18th Birthday trip - DH, DD 18, DS 14 2013 Aug 25 -Sep 8 WDW OKW - DH, DD 18, DS 15
arieliwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #86
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

I popped my Achilles many years ago *hugs* totally understand the frustrations with it.

Rest rest rest it and gentle exercise. Upper body can still be worked on, lateral raises/ push-ups (on knees)/ over head pressing etc.

Building and toning muscle will boost the metabolism no matter which muscles you work and it will keep you active :-). Forthe leg gentle walking daily but resting as much as possible.

Hope it gets better!!
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #87
arieliwish
I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
I popped my Achilles many years ago *hugs* totally understand the frustrations with it.

Rest rest rest it and gentle exercise. Upper body can still be worked on, lateral raises/ push-ups (on knees)/ over head pressing etc.

Building and toning muscle will boost the metabolism no matter which muscles you work and it will keep you active :-). Forthe leg gentle walking daily but resting as much as possible.

Hope it gets better!!
Thank you! It's not as bad as it could be so I hope I've caught it in time. The worst I'm experiencing is a severe nipping sensation if I walk too far or too fast. Not pleasant but manageable. With trips to DLP and WDW in the next 9 months I really want it to get better! (And lose weight of course, which is why I'm on this thread!)

2000 Nov DLP Newport Bay Club - DH, DD 5, DS 2
2004 Aug 29 -Sep 12 WDW Offsite Clarion Universal - DH, DD 9, DS 6 2005 Sep 13-27 WDW CBR - DH, DD 10, DS 7 2006 Oct 22-26 DLP Newport Bay Club - DH, DD 11, DS 8, + 12 family and friends!! 2013 March 14 - 17 DLP DLH - DD 18th Birthday trip - DH, DD 18, DS 14 2013 Aug 25 -Sep 8 WDW OKW - DH, DD 18, DS 15
arieliwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #88
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arieliwish
Well done everyone!

I've lost 4lbs so far but was hindered by our London weekend so happy with that. Have an Achilles problem just now and been told to rest it and use ibuprofen gel so that's stopped the exercise plan for a bit. If anyone has any suggestions re Achilles help I'd very much appreciate it!

Keep going!

Wow that's a good amount to loose after a weekend in london! I'd gain like 4lbs

I gained 3 and a half the week before last as I had a weekend away at Alton towers! No healthy food at all there! But had a good weekend away! You Only live once right! On a plus note I lost 2 and a half this week so can't complain!

So far my weight loss total is 3 stone, still have at least a couple of stone to go! I have no real target just when I feel comfortable with the way I look :-)

Good luck to everyone on their weight loss for Disney! Exciting stuff!

xxpeplyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #89
Rain
DIS Veteran

I am somewhat useless at present!!

I have not managed to even start a diet. One of the problems being that I had my gall bladder out a couple of months ago. I feel sick unless I eat often. Fruit does not take it away only carbs I am afraid.
I have been swimming three times a week but somehow I have got to diet.
We have brought forward our trip from November to May.
Need some motivation and some pixie dust!!!

Well done to everyone else who has managed to lose.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #90
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

I definitely need some motivation too, I've been starting tomorrow for about a year haha

Well do d to everyone on their losses so far ^_^

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: