DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #31
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Parking is FUBARed at BWV nearly every year around the Food & Wine festival. I don't know why it happens here and not BCV, but it does. I suspect it will return to "normal" as soon as the Festival ends.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #32
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

If they restricted all parking in the BWV lot to people that would normally be entitled to free parking (onsite guests and annual passholders)and then made those with FL seasonal passes, dinner reservations, and all others park behind Hess, I wonder if that would open up enough BWV spaces to solve the problem? Maybe, maybe not.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #33
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

OP here, talked to a few management people - called front desk right after we got in our room and they put a manager on the phone who was very sympathetic and said change came from upper management about three weeks ago and if enough people complained policy might be rescinded, was told by DVC Cust Sat contact who called on Sunday that this has always been the policy (certainly not as we have stayed at BWV every year in Oct since 2000), told by another manager who called our room Saturday that new policy was implemented about three weeks ago (ie. at start of F&W) and was told you can park in lot Mon-Thurs only. We did park in lot on right last night. I would say only about 5-10% of lot was occupied on Friday afternoon when we were denied admission - guard was sympathetic as he said he's a DVC member himself.
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #34
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

As usual, policies change at the demand of "Upper Management" with apparently no consideration of Members. Then said "changed policies" are not broadcast to members via the Member Web Site or via email, and said "changed policies" are haphazardly implememented and enforced.

For the most part, I personally don't have a problem with policy changes, I mean, everything changes, whether we like it or not. My concern is the repeated lack of respect toward members in the form of no notification of these changes, and the inconsistency with which the changes are implemented and enforced.

I would just like to know about it before it is thrown in my face upon arrival at the resort, and to know that all Cast Members are on board, know about the changes, and enforce the changes in all situations and circumstances.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #35
gardenia
Mouseketeer

I prefer to park on the Villa side and not the Inn side, and can't understand why anyone staying in the Villas would want to park farther away! I was miffed when we arrived last year and we couldn't park in the Villas lot due to an event, so I'm happy with the change. And happy with the fact that they are totally restricting non-guest parking - we had a much easier time parking this year during our F&W stay at BWV.
gardenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #36
mjtm610
Mouseketeer

This isn't a new issue. We've been members at BWV for 15 years. Since they got rid of the valet parking a couple of years ago and we started parking our own car we have had the "big lot" closed off several times. Especially on week-ends, always during F&W, we've been directed to use the "small lot" or to park across the street. I don't find the parking in the small lot that bad, but I don't like parking across the street. Busses come around the turn from BC at a pretty good speed.....I'm afraid I'm going to get hit.
mjtm610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #37
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtommie View Post
...told by another manager who called our room Saturday that new policy was implemented about three weeks ago (ie. at start of F&W) ....
we were staying at the BWVs sept 27 thru oct 6 - so, the start of the F&WF. as in recent years during the F&WF (as well as the F&GF), only BWV/BWI guests were allowed into the righthand parking lot. on weekends, a guard was posted checking room ids (and occassionally drivers' licences to ensure they matched).
non-resort guests (DVC, AP, and anyone else not staying at the resort) were directed to use valet or park in the lot behind hess.
even on weekdays, they were telling the cars coming in that they could not park in the 2 close lots - they just didn't have the lot entrance manned then.

aren't the gartner conventioneers staying at the swolphin, and most (if not all) of the meetings based there? if someone staying at the BW doesn't get free parking if they go to eat the the swolphin (whether or not their resort guests have to pay), it doesn't seem fair that the reverse would acceptable.

btw, we were thrilled that the lot has finally been empty enough for us to find a spot ever since they started limiting the parking to resort guests only. we don't complain that we have to valet or park across the street when eating at narcooses at GF, why should the BW be any different?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #38
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I believe VGF is going to have a new parking lot close.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #39
VrBchJ
DIS Veteran

When we checked into BWV on Oct. 14 we were denied parking in the lot on the right, Inn side. The guard who blocked the entrance said there were three weddings that day and the parking lot was reserved for the wedding guests. We parked on the left at the far back corner of the lot. Thank Heaven we had dropped off our luggage because it was quite a hike back to the entrance. It so happened our room had a perfect view of the lot of the Inn side (right side) and it remained virtually empty for two days. I can understand refusing parking to people visiting the boardwalk but for paying resort guests is seems way extreme.
VrBchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #40
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

We need to keep sending complaints to Disney or problems will never go away.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #41
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

We are back from our trip and had no problem at all finding spots for 2 cars while parking in the parking lot to the left....they were only letting registered guests in to park all,others with dining reservations or visiting the boardwalk were told to park across the street....on wednesday and Thursday we could park in the lots on the right or the left...Friday and saturday the lot on the left only....we parked here the whole stay and found it closer than the one on the left
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #42
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

We also saw the restricted parking in the lot on the right hand side the last two weekends. This Sat morning we were leaving that lot after having parked there on Thursday so I inquired of the guard why the lot was marked as closed and if we could return there since we were staying at BWV. In DH's words "he wasn't very Disney-like" in his response. Essentially they had conferences going on and the lot was restricted for their use. And from what I noted both weekends this left at least 1/2 of the lot with open parking spots.

On the first weekend we ended up in the lot on the left out near the road. No warm fuzzies feelings for me on the extra walk with lots of closer open spaces otherwise available.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #43
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post
I would just like to know about it before it is thrown in my face upon arrival at the resort, and to know that all Cast Members are on board, know about the changes, and enforce the changes in all situations and circumstances.
I don't expect Disney to report operational changes to customers any more than McDonald's will tell me when they change how they make a Big Mac or Ford relaying that they're assembling cars differently. These are internal issues.

The most realistic expectation is for staff members to simply be aware of the changes and prepared to properly communicate to guests. It's not realistic to expect that we will have notification of lot availability weeks or months before leaving home. However we should have confidence that the front gate CMs will properly communicate current policies.

Consistency is a double-edged sword. There may be days when unexpected traffic patterns dictate altering policies. Frankly I'd rather see management prepared to make changes on-the-fly rather than holding rigidly to unneeded restrictions.

Comments / suggestions to member satisfaction are certainly warranted. But--particularly in this case--it's an imperfect situation with no ideal solution. And unless the BWV POS gives members rights to a certain lot, Disney can put us wherever they wish as long as adequate parking is still provided.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #44
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

I have to say I had no,issues at all with the parking.everything was communicated..the guard at the gate let us know Friday and Saturday that we had to park in the lot on the left...there were plenty of spots each day....I don't think the walk is much different from the lot on the right Ndmhonestly were at Disney walking all the time so no worries to,us
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #45
VrBchJ
DIS Veteran

Just back from our BWV stay. We left the Inn side parking lot (3/4 empty) on Sun. about noon. We were denied parking in that same lot when we returned later in the day. As had happened two weeks ago, the guard told us there were three weddings and three conventions and spaces were reserved for the wedding parties and for convention attendees. Apparently every weekend 3 weddings and 3 conventions are booked. We circled the other lot looking for a reasonably close in spot. Nada. The lot on the valet side was quite full with the overflow from the Inn side lot. We decided to Valet park and pay the $15 (up from $12.) All evening Sun. the Inn side parking lot remained the same 3/4 empty that it had been on Sun. morning. And the same way it was two weeks ago. I'm waiting for a reply to my letter to Member Satisfaction.
VrBchJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: