DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #16
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

We're checking in on Wednesday ...wanted to,see if anyone had any updates on the parking
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #17
spruce
DIS Veteran

I was disappointed during our early October trip to find that I couldn't pull down and turn left to park as this whole area now belongs to valet parking. I couldn't pull down and go right as this was for conventions. I had to park by the guard shack. Both those other lots used to be open for Dvc members. This was just one of my disappointments this trip. All I really want is a little respect as a dvc owner. There were 19 of us.... That's 19 MNSSHP tickets, 19 MYW 5 day hoppers, 8 dining reservations for between 13 & 19 at cost level of Le Cellier. We brought business to Disney plus invested 30k yet we have to park far away, most restaurants took large party reservations 180 days out but couldn't manage their tables to seat us together without an hour wait. We are repeat customers who have done multiple large group trips, how about treating us with a little respect? That's my small rant. Members are not special any longer, that's my greatest disappointment with dvc today. I did get what I paid for though, rooms!
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #18
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
I was disappointed during our early October trip to find that I couldn't pull down and turn left to park as this whole area now belongs to valet parking. I couldn't pull down and go right as this was for conventions. I had to park by the guard shack. Both those other lots used to be open for Dvc members. This was just one of my disappointments this trip. All I really want is a little respect as a dvc owner. There were 19 of us.... That's 19 MNSSHP tickets, 19 MYW 5 day hoppers, 8 dining reservations for between 13 & 19 at cost level of Le Cellier. We brought business to Disney plus invested 30k yet we have to park far away, most restaurants took large party reservations 180 days out but couldn't manage their tables to seat us together without an hour wait. We are repeat customers who have done multiple large group trips, how about treating us with a little respect? That's my small rant. Members are not special any longer, that's my greatest disappointment with dvc today. I did get what I paid for though, rooms!
I understand your frustrations but based on repeated evidence, Disney isn't worried about you being upset. All you can do is sell your contract(s) if you are fed up and your buyer takes your place. Disney doesn't have any reason to change things.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #19
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I would like to know if our dues are going towards the parking lot and how much. If we are maintaining half of it, we should have access to half of it, in a decent spot, not shoved to the back. Parking has always been a sore spot at BWV, I talked to the General Manager after the annual meeting I think in 2000 and his response was that is why we give you free valet parking. Well, we don't have free valet parking anymore, so what is the solution?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I would like to know if our dues are going towards the parking lot and how much. If we are maintaining half of it, we should have access to half of it, in a decent spot, not shoved to the back. Parking has always been a sore spot at BWV, I talked to the General Manager after the annual meeting I think in 2000 and his response was that is why we give you free valet parking. Well, we don't have free valet parking anymore, so what is the solution?
i think we paid for more than half of the parking - BWV is the bigger part of BW

despite what you heard here definitely write to disney - if you know the name of the guard put that in your letter or email to Disney and DVC.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #21
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It also is in stark contrast to BCV, where the parking for DVC members is excellent. I think several of you have made relevant points about dues/parking lot maintenance....... keep us posted!
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #22
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Sadly you have no more rights to a decent spot than cash guests do.

I can hear the argument at the front desk now, "we paid hundreds of dollars per night and our vacation cost $8,000. Those darn DVC people have all the best parking, that's not right".

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #23
perdidobay
Will work for travel ;-)
Needs rescuing from Chunky Monkey!!!!

I stayed at BWV Oct 15th thru the 19th, granted they all were weekdays, but we had no issues with parking. Some days we parked in front of the convention center, some days we parked in the strip of regular parking to the left of the handicap spots in front of the valet area (the left turn just before the bridge to the entrance). We parked there most of the time, mainly because we had a room on the very end of the hall (room ended in 35), and it was quicker to go down the stairs and walk past the tennis courts to the parking lot than trek back to the front entrance.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #24
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSHEALAND View Post
When we were there Friday we had to park in the lot across the street behind the Hess station to go to our reservation
Holy crap that's far.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #25
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #26
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys for the update....I'll report back on our experiences when we return next week
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #27
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

we are here and have been here since the 12th. we always park on the left (tennis court side). Parking has been heavy Mon to Thur when the guards don't lock down that lot. On fri to sun we are on lock down, which is a good thing. You have to show your room ID to go pass the guards twice to get into that lot. The poles are up Fri to Sun so you can only get in by passing the second guard. We also saw a first last Friday when they were towing a car out of a spot. We think it was a handicap spot that someone had parked in. Keep in mind that the gartner convention has moved in and the parking will get heavier over the next few days. This is a large group that is here every year we've been here. we are heading out today for MK, so as always hope we can find a spot when we return.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #28
DizBub
Totally Addicted

We tried to park at BW last week because we wanted to eat at ESPN. Guard told us ONLY valet parking was available. As we made the U-turn I remembered that I have TIW that gives us free valet parking. Instead of turning around again we headed to BC. Guard told us the same thing about only valet parking and we told him that we have TIW. The change in attitude was "magical". The guard and valet treated us like royalty. We ended up eating at Captain's Grille.

To use TIW for the valet parking you must produce a dinner receipt. And we did tip the valet.

A couple of days later we went to YC to eat breakfast at Captain's Grille. We had to wait while the guard repeatedly (I counted 6 times) told the woman ahead of us that she could NOT park there to go into the parks. She kept insisting that she could and tried to get him to speak to someone on her cell phone. When she finally went away he told us the lot was entirely full except for 2 spots and they were reserved for VIPs. When we told him about TIW he gladly waved us through with a huge smile.

Parking in the Epcot area during F&W is a nightmare.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #29
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
Keep in mind that the gartner convention has moved in and the parking will get heavier over the next few days. This is a large group that is here every year we've been here.
Thank you so much for this info. All week we saw the HUGE tent rooms set up around the Swan & Dolphin and YC and wondered what was going on. Amazing.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #30
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

I was there last week (Mon & Tue) & the guard didn't say a word to me about only parking in certain areas. All I got was welcome home & here's your parking pass. When I 1st checked in very early Mon. morning I tried to park on the left side close to the canal. The poles were up so I turned around & parked over on the right. Found a spot with no issues. The rest of my time there I parked on the left very close to the tennis court with no issues whatsoever. If this is a new policy they are being very selective in who they share it with.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: