Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
ppony
Artist in residence

Tri circle D ranch

The guard at the gate today said they are restricting entrants to only people w/ ressies. Is there no way i'll be able to get in today (or possibly tomorrow) w/o paying to do something I'm an equine artist and have never had the time to visit. Now that I have time, they won't let me. It's been the trip from you- know- what. Not surprised at this situation.

Oh, just wanted to clear up that this may be a really BAD trip, not Disney's fault in the least. They have been wonderful!! Even the gal I spoke w/ on the phone today in tears because my autistic child ran out if the treehouse like lightening and I raced to catch him, only to get locked out. Thank heavens I had my phone as I was talking to my DH on it. The CM offered to stay on the phone w/ me until somone arrived to let us in. Bless her. And the SS CMs as they were here within 4 minutes.

Last edited by ppony; 10-20-2012 at 08:31 PM.
ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
The guard at the gate today said they are restricting entrants to only people s/ readies. Is there no way ill be able to get in today (or possibly tomorrow) w/o paying to do something I'm an equine artist and have never had the time to visit. Now that I have time, they won't let me. It's been the trip from you- know- what. Not surprised at this situation.
I'm really confused by your question. What is it you are trying to do?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
I'm really confused by your question. What is it you are trying to do?
I was trying to visit the ranch and see the horses.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
tobikaye
DIS Veteran

Wow, I have not heard of FW guards turning people away before. If anything, try telling them that you are going to eat at Trails End. Normally, it is not busy enough to need to reservations so it would be a possibility that people would arrive without a reservation. I know that one year when we checked in at FW, there was a race at FW that had the parking lot filled up. Not sure if they had to deny people that day or not as the parking lot filled up. This would be the only thing I could see.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Walt Disney
tobikaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobikaye View Post
Wow, I have not heard of FW guards turning people away before. If anything, try telling them that you are going to eat at Trails End. Normally, it is not busy enough to need to reservations so it would be a possibility that people would arrive without a reservation. I know that one year when we checked in at FW, there was a race at FW that had the parking lot filled up. Not sure if they had to deny people that day or not as the parking lot filled up. This would be the only thing I could see.
Thanks!! I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
ppony
Artist in residence

Sadly, another no go today. They said they are at capacity for Halloween. I could always take a bus. Yeah, I don't think so. Spending at least an hour to get there and then back, just to get pictures isn't my idea of fun. Especially since I won't drag my family with me. Sigh.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
HappyDznyCamper
Happily camping since 1972
Was a witness to the great tag fest at the Fort!

Quote:
Sadly, another no go today. They said they are at capacity for Halloween. I could always take a bus. Yeah, I don't think so. Spending at least an hour to get there and then back, just to get pictures isn't my idea of fun. Especially since I won't drag my family with me. Sigh.
Did you tell them you wanted to park to eat? I don't think I have ever seen the overflow lot full mid day. If you are trying to park by the barn, then no that won't happen, you have to park in overflow and take a bus back to the Settlement area where the horses are kept, there is no parking back there. You could try parking at WL and take a boat or bus to FW.
HappyDznyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Okay, I think I see the problem.

Only guests with reservations to STAY at Fort Wilderness are allowed to drive their vehicles onto the grounds. Everyone else has to either leave their car in the outside lot and use the FW internal bus (which shouldn't take anywhere near an hour ), or take the boat over from the Magic Kingdom (eta: or Wilderness Lodge, as the above poster stated).
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDznyCamper View Post
Did you tell them you wanted to park to eat? I don't think I have ever seen the overflow lot full mid day. If you are trying to park by the barn, then no that won't happen, you have to park in overflow and take a bus back to the Settlement area where the horses are kept, there is no parking back there. You could try parking at WL and take a boat or bus to FW.
Yeah, they said unless I was a registered guest or had a reservation, I couldn't park. Not even to eat(w/o Rez.). Overflow lot was full they said. Neither the guard yesterday or the one today said I couldn't have done it normally. They said I could have if they weren't on restriction right now. they did suggest what you did, trying to park at WL and taking a bus over. I've just wasted more time than its worth now. Too bad too, I never have the time to go and when I had a few free hours... pfft oye

Old 10-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #10
HappyDznyCamper

Quote:
Yeah, they said unless I was a registered guest or had a reservation, I couldn't park. Not even to eat(w/o Rez.). Overflow lot was full they said. Neither the guard yesterday or the one today said I couldn't have done it normally. They said I could have if they weren't on restriction right now. they did suggest what you did, trying to park at WL and taking a bus over. I've just wasted more time than its worth now. Too bad too, I never have the time to go and when I had a few free hours... pfft oye
Going to WL would not really cost you that much more time, the bus ride over from WL to Settlement(the area where the horses are) is a little shorter than the ride from the Outpost lot(where day guests park) to Settlement. If you are going back to MK this trip, the boat ride from MK to FW is relaxing and the barn is not to far from the dock. It may be a stress reliever for everyone.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #11
Deb & Bill

I was also going to suggest the boat from MK to FW.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
I was also going to suggest the boat from MK to FW.
Man, I wish that had occurred to me this AM. Oh vell, live and learn.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
Deb & Bill

We drove past the FW parking lot a few hours ago and I have never seen it so packed.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
HappyDznyCamper

Quote:
We drove past the FW parking lot a few hours ago and I have never seen it so packed.
Maybe they are enforcing the one vehicle per site rule
Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #15
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I was trying to visit the ranch and see the horses.
Not sure if this has any impact on what you were trying to do, but I thought I read the stables were closed for refurbishment. They aren't doing the wagon rides right now because of it. It would be nice if the guard had indicated that to you, though.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: