Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Help- How to make a video similar to Disney Wonder singing video

Ok need the help of all my tech savy DIS family. So have any of you seen the Disney Wonder singing video where the crew is lip syncing and the song is over laying their video?? I will post a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmsgsobpenk

Anyhow I thought this would make a great memory for my girls to do onboard the Magic with friends but I need to have ideas of what program I can use and how to piece the clips together??? HELP!!

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
Dis_Grk Grl
Earning My Ears

I've wanted to do that too, but non of my family wants to do it, lol.
-A few tips would be to use a tripod for your camera so that it's not shaking all over the place, a still camera looks more professional.
-I would also suggest, for each location you want to use for your video, do the whole song in each place, or at least add some of the song before and after each "part" you are looking to get, that way you know that there will be no gaps in between parts.
-I can't help with the editing part, I could probably figure it out on my own, but would be terrible at trying to explain it, lol! Any chance that you know someone computer savy at home that could help out with that part if your not sure of the process?

Have fun!
Dis_Grk Grl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Don't know how old your kids are, but most over 10 seem to know how to do this! Rent a teen to put the video together for you--easier than struggling thru it yourself. They make it look easy.

Re the above--the song track is usually added after the fact during the editing.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Don't know how old your kids are, but most over 10 seem to know how to do this! Rent a teen to put the video together for you--easier than struggling thru it yourself. They make it look easy.

Re the above--the song track is usually added after the fact during the editing.
Thanks for both your help... I probably could figure it out too but I was looking for a program that made it easy Oddly enough my 12 yr old has a mac air through school and says she can do it. I sure hope so...I think it would make a great video especially since we are surprising them that they are all going together. Our fifth DCL cruise and our friends second but our first together....If you her kids screaming going crazy on Dec 22nd at 8pm..well that's our 5 kids , get your ear plugs ready!!

Old 10-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
vcunning
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Thanks for both your help... I probably could figure it out too but I was looking for a program that made it easy Oddly enough my 12 yr old has a mac air through school and says she can do it. I sure hope so...I think it would make a great video especially since we are surprising them that they are all going together. Our fifth DCL cruise and our friends second but our first together....If you her kids screaming going crazy on Dec 22nd at 8pm..well that's our 5 kids , get your ear plugs ready!!
Im sure your 12 year old can do this on the Mac with the iMovie Application. My guy has been doing it since he was 9. A few pointers:

When shooting the video, you will need an audio source (iPod with speakers, etc) so that the lip synch is correct. You don't use the audio from the video you shoot as a prior poster mentioned, but you need to play it so people can dance and Lip synch to the music.

Most of the work in this is in the planning stages. The editing takes a little bit of time to get it exact. The actual shooting doesn't take long compared to those two tasks.

Good luck. Sounds like fun. And picking a short song is always a good idea
vcunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
Candy Apple
DIS Veteran

I don't know how to do this, but I'd practice it at home before doing it on the ship. That way, you can work through any glitches before it really counts.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
novajet
Earning My Ears

My 8 and 10 year olds make movies all the time, using Windows Movie Maker.
novajet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
AbsyBabsy
Disney Diva

This may be something to watch when considering doing a video. This is my favourite!

http://vimeo.com/26030671

Wonder 2006, Magic 2007, Wonder 2008, Magic 2009, Wonder 2009, Wonder 2010, Wonder 2010, Oasis 2010, Magic 3/19/2011, Dream 4/7/2011, Dream 1/26/2012 Platinum baby! Fantasy 6/2/12 Dream 9/2/12, upcoming: Fantasy 2013, Dream 2013, Fantasy 2014 Booked!
AbsyBabsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
tastefullyjenn
Mouseketeer

there's an app called video star--it is totally brilliant.

you have to have the song you want to use loaded on your device (iPads work great)

all ambient noise is filtered out in final video so "director" can give directions

there all all sorts of special effects you can use too.

check it out!
tastefullyjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
ForTheLoveOfDCL

I appreciate all your advice..all of you. Keep it coming. I too love the Wolf family videos. They inspire me...great memories.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
HoustonMom1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastefullyjenn
there's an app called video star--it is totally brilliant.

you have to have the song you want to use loaded on your device (iPads work great)

all ambient noise is filtered out in final video so "director" can give directions

there all all sorts of special effects you can use too.

check it out!
Just downloaded video star, so much fun! Thanks for mentioning it!
HoustonMom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
zstyles
Mouseketeer

If you could do this where I can't see you if I am on the ship that would be my only request...while its fun..I really hope there are not 100 people trying to do this all over the ship in the future...
Old 10-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #13
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonMom1

Just downloaded video star, so much fun! Thanks for mentioning it!
Me too can't wait to test it out over xmas break to try and figure it all out.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #14
tastefullyjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstyles View Post
If you could do this where I can't see you if I am on the ship that would be my only request...while its fun..I really hope there are not 100 people trying to do this all over the ship in the future...
that's what impressed me about the wonder video, there was no one around! Must have been 3 am.

Enjoy video star folks--I would have died and gone to heaven with that as a tween!
tastefullyjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #15
ForTheLoveOfDCL

I am not planning on getting in anyones way but I also will let my kids have fun. I have just as much right to the ship as anyone else.

So excited to do this...downloading video star now on my dd's iPhone...we will play around with it over xmas break once they know they are going. Can't wait!!!

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 10-22-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: