Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #31
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Really enjoying your reports. We love ltt..the turkey meal is delish! Looking forward to reading more
Old 10-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #32
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I finally made over here too and I totally agree, we finally tried LTT for lunch as well and thought it was delicious! Can't wait to keep reading!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #33
pas130
DIS Veteran

I can't believe I forgot to post yesterday .... I am so sorry. We've never had LTT or Kona...Kona for breakfast was a maybe..I booked GF cafe...now I want Kona

You have a beautiful family!!!! And chocolate milk is made with nonfat milk..so a little extra sugar is okay...that's my rationale anyway. And Nesquik is yummy I dislike milk plain, so I may be guilty of enjoying a Nesquik or two...Milk does a body good
Old 10-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #34
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Checking in and subscribing to our lovely Lacey's review. Yay! And double-yays for gorgeous family pics! And yummy food pics! (And for the BC, but I don't wanna seem partial or anything. )

I'm so with ya on really sweet, dense things for breakfast. But there I go, always ordering sweet and dense things for breakfast... and always regretting it later. Glutton for punishment. I've managed to stay away from the Tonga Toast though - sweet, heavy and fried are the trifecta for for me.

Still regretting I cancelled LTT.
I knew better than to order pancakes when I really wanted an omlet with a couple bites of pancake on the side! Oh, well. I'd like to say that next time I'll know better but it would probably be a lie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
I am here also! Loving the review and the family portrait I think I could just skip dinner tonight and just have a piece of that Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. YUMMMY!
Aren't we a scary group of pirates? Seriously, I haven't dressed up for Halloween in years - I can't even remember the last time. I love this picture so much that I just ordered a mousepad with it! Thanks for the sweet comment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Glad you loved LTT. It's one of my favorite lunch places at MK.
I can't believe I almost skipped it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I am here finally! I love that picture of the pirate family! And I love hearing about some restaurants we have not tried yet!
yay! Hi Jenny! Have you done the pirate's league with the girls? If not, put that on your list! It was a blast! Totally worth every penny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey View Post
Really enjoying your reports. We love ltt..the turkey meal is delish! Looking forward to reading more
HI and welcome! More is coming up....
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I finally made over here too and I totally agree, we finally tried LTT for lunch as well and thought it was delicious! Can't wait to keep reading!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Welcome Melissa! Glad you could come over! I am going to post more tonight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I can't believe I forgot to post yesterday .... I am so sorry. We've never had LTT or Kona...Kona for breakfast was a maybe..I booked GF cafe...now I want Kona

You have a beautiful family!!!! And chocolate milk is made with nonfat milk..so a little extra sugar is okay...that's my rationale anyway. And Nesquik is yummy I dislike milk plain, so I may be guilty of enjoying a Nesquik or two...Milk does a body good
Thanks pas! We had plenty of sugar - keep reading And next time I try Kona, I want to do dinner.

I think I have just enough time to get an update done.....

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #35
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Day Three (EPCOT)

Day Three EPCOT - FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL BABY!

So first let me start with telling you how we (I) found out about the F&W Festival at EPCOT. We had a trip planned with dh's family. We were staying offsite in a rental house. My MIL planned the house, I helped plan the tickets and the schedule. We had planned to get 4 day tickets and take off one day in between each park day to hang out at the house and pool and relax. Dh and I had done this with my family a few years before and it worked well so we were going to do it again. When I went to Undercover Tourist to buy the tickets, they were buy 4 days, get 3 days free. Well duh! LOL So we got 7 day tickets. MIL and SIL said we would just use however many days we wanted. Well, I started thinking about it. My kids were starting to get older. This was my first trip to WDW where we didn't have a baby with us. Youngest DD was 5 (she had been 2 the last trip and DS had been less than 2 the time before that). So I think I want to go EVERY day to the parks.......

So, here I am on the DIS planning my everyday strategy. What is this F&W thing I keep reading about? And then I figure out what it is. And then I realize that it is going on while we are there.... I couldn't have been more ecstatic. I knew this wouldn't necessarily be SIL or MIL's thing but I knew DH and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE this and I though BIL and FIL would too. So, we had our first trip to F&W. That was 2009. I haven't missed one since

So now, not only am I going to F&W, but I am staying at an EPCOT resort. So we can WALK there! But wait, we aren't getting park hoppers? Hold on a sec, does that make sense? But if we don't get park hoppers, we can get MNSSHP tickets. But why can't I have both? Oh, yeah, the budget (Just thought you might want a little peek inside my head - it's a scary place to be!)

So, this was one of two days we were spending at EPCOT. Let's start off with breakfast:

If you recall, we picked this up the night before at Main Street Bakery - two cinnamon rolls, a cheese danish and a chocolate croissant. Oh, and a fruit cup and two bananas that apparently I bought at Beach Club Marketplace Monday night sometime (I have no recollection of buying these but I found the receipt and remember eating one for breakfast).

We used five snack credits for the pastries and fruit. I paid cash for the bananas because they seemed like a wasted credit.

I ate a banana and a couple bites of cinnamon roll. It was good, I guess. It was fine. But it was most certainly not the best cinnamon roll I have ever eaten. But, like I said before, breakfast is not my favorite meal of the day. If I have some coffee, I can survive. Let's get to lunch because I have some booths to hit!

We made our way over to EPCOT - OMG we were soooo close to it! It was before 11 so World Showcase wasn't quite open yet although you could smell the food cooking and see the activity where people were getting ready. If you haven't figured it out, we aren't rope drop people! I am an early riser but I don't mind to sit around with coffee and a book while everyone else sleeps in a bit. So, unless we had a reservation, we didn't rush in the AM. Anyway, we headed over to FW and decided to get a fast pass for Soarin. After grabbing that, we rode the Living with the Land tour and then hit up the Circle of Life movie (this was our first time for that movie!).

I knew I wanted to hit the booths almost as soon as they were opened and it was definitely about that time. As I am making my case to head back to World Showcase, dd13 says, "Mom, do you think we can stay up here and ride some rides while you and Dad go back and walk around the countries?" After about a half a second hesitation, DH and I practically have to surpress the smiles on our faces! Seriously, we can leave dd in charge and not listen to anyone ask every five minutes if we can ride a ride????? Let's get out of here! So, for the first time ever, we left our kids alone at WDW. Talk about a different experience! We had about 2 1/2 hours before our fast passes were ready so we agreed to split up and meet back at Soarin when it was time to ride.

So our strategy for F&W was to go counterclockwise this year. Last year, we were here on the very last day of the festival. We worked clockwise and while I got to try most of what I wanted, by the time I made it to Greece, the griddled Greek Cheese was sold out. So this year, that was the first stop!

•Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey – $3.25
•Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki – $4.25

(Photobucket is giving me fits and I can't resize this picture so let me just apologize!)

The flavor of the cheese and with the pistachios and honey was great. I think the cheese could have been warmer which would have improved the texture a bit. But the flavors were definitely there - soft, mild cheese, crunchy, salty pistachios and sweet honey. YUM.

The Souvlaki was a last minute add while I was in line. This was delicious. The chicken was cooked perfectly and the sauce was really great - cool and flavorful. The pita was soft and fresh. We were both pleasantly surprised.

Total $7.50 paid in cash

I didn't like the drink choices at Greece and we were getting thirsty so we needed to move on to the next stop - Canada!

(To be continued ... need to go pick up my kids and photobucket just completely shut down )

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 10-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #36
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Joining In

I love the review of LTT. We are trying this for lunch for the first time in February. My DH is drooling at the idea of the pot roast, and your pictures have helped!

You make a nice family of Pirates. Was the Pirate League on the trip you are writing about now, or a previous trip? We have this booked for my son's 7th birthday, but just for him. Might be changing that soon.....
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
pld5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #37
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Day Three Part 2

Day 3 Continued...

Where were we? Oh yes, Canada. Anyone want to guess what we had here?

If you said filet, you are a winner!

•Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup – $4.00
•"Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce – $6.50
•Moosehead Beer – $3.50 (6 oz.), $6.75 (12 oz.), $12.25 (22 oz. souvenir)

We had the cheese soup last year (and maybe the year before that). I like it but could never eat a whole bowl - too rich. But the serving size at F&W is perfect. Oh, I guess I should mention - dh and I share everything! We eat this way in restaurants too. But especially here at F&W.

The filet - well, it was MARVELOUS! The mushroom sauce was amazing and the meat was perfectly cooked and oh so tender. I would have never guessed a filet could be so good when it is essentially "mass-produced". I figured we would have another of these before we headed home.

The Moosehead Beer hit the spot. Nice and cold and refreshing. DH loves beer. I love beer when I am in the mood. It was hot out so beer was the right choice for today!

We skipped the food in Ireland. I have had the chocolate lava cake before and it's great but I wasn't ready for anything sweet just yet. DH did get a Guiness. I didn't take a picture (or a sip - yuck!).

We skipped France altogether. I liked the Pomegranite Kir last year but for some reason, it wasn't what I wanted. I feel like I had another beer in here somewhere but I can't remember what it was. We were on a mission to get all the way around before we had to go back and meet the kids and we knew we would have to be choosy.

We passed by the next several countries before stopping at Singapore:

•Seared Mahi Mahi with Jasmine Rice and "Singa" Sauce – $4.25

Sorry for the fork! I hadn't taken a bite yet but as you can see, I started too before remembering to take a picture! So, I like good not fishy fish. But I am skeptical because I HATE fishy fish (hate salmon). This was GOOD. Light and flakey with great flavor and the jasmine rice was perfectly spiced. Dh and I both loved this (he is much less picky than me by nature and loves fish so this was a no brainer for him).

I wanted sushi in Japan but wanted to wait for dd13 so she could share with me so we skipped it. I have had the sushi here before - its average. We had to hit the Florida booth since it was new. I walked up and said, "I'd like the plantains and a sangria please" The woman working the register looked at me funny. She said, "we don't sell the plantains by themselves". I was very confused because I was sure I saw plantains on the menu I scoped out at home. She said they come with the ceviche (I am thinking that I don't like ceviche but I am already embarassed so I just say, sure give me that).

•Florida Shrimp Ceviche with Fire Roasted Vegetables, Fried Plantains and Cilantro – $4.25
•Florida Orange Grove Hurricane Class 5, Florida White Sangria – $3.25 (3 oz.)

(again with the darn photobucket )

OMG. I DO like ceviche! Is this what I have been missing out on all these years??? SO this was served cold (part of why I was afraid of it). But it was DELICIOUS. There were a ton of shrimp here too. It was spicy and fresh and just amazing. The plantain was good and crispy and a nice balance to the spicy shrimp. The sangria on the other hand was entirely too sweet. I drank it but it was definitely not a favorite.

Next stop - Hops and Barley. Sam Adams is dh's favorite beer and we weren't missing this one. I wanted to try the lobster roll because I kept hearing so much about it. Unfortunately, here is where the pictures stop. I don't know what happened but I am going to guess it had something to do with beer (or wine) OOPS!

•Linda Bean's® Perfect Maine Lobster Roll® – $7.50

We also had the beer flight whish was $10. I don't see it on the Festival menu but it consisted of these four:
•Samuel Adams Boston Lager® – $3.00 (6 oz.), $5.50 (12 oz.), $12.00 (22 oz. souvenir)
•Samuel Adams® Seasonal – $3.00 (6 oz.), $5.50 (12 oz.), $12.00 (22 oz. souvenir)
•Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat® – $3.00 (6 oz.), $5.50 (12 oz.), $12.00 (22 oz. souvenir)
•17th Anniversary Festival Beer– Samuel Adams® Chocolate Bock – $3.00 (6 oz.), $5.50 (12 oz.), $12.00 (22 oz. souvenir)

So the seasonal (Octoberfest) is DH's favorite. I am not a huge fan of this one but it is ok. I like the regular even though I don't drink it at home. The Cherry Wheat was interesting - sorta like cough syrup mixed with beer. It wasn't bad necessarily but it was an odd taste. A couple of sips was enough. This was the least favorite for both of us. So, normally, I like lighter beers. So I was scared to death of this Chocolate Bock which looked like Guiness to me. But, I was determined to try it. This was actually really good. It had almost a coffee liquor flavor to it. It was definitely interesting and definitely something that surprised me.

The Lobster Roll was also good. The lobster was fresh and not overly dressed. The roll was soft and had good flavor. I will definitely have this again. We had a great conversation with a local couple that were working their way around the world. They were both retired and just adorable and it was such a fun chat.

At this point, I was stuffed and perhaps feeling a little happy from the beer and wine. We made one more food stop in South Korea for:

•Lettuce Wrap with Roast Pork and Kimchi Slaw – $3.25
It was disappointing. Tasted just like unseasoned crockpot cooked pork roast wrapped in a lettuce leaf. It was bland and the texture was mushy. Not a great end to our journey but we were pretty full.

We did walk through the Carmel shoppe in Germany. It was my first time in there. I still wasn't in the mood for anything sweet so we didn't buy anything. I regretted that later and wish I would have gotten something to bring back with me.

It was almost time for Soarin so we did a quick stop in Mexico for Dos Equis and a Diet Coke and then made our way back to FW. It was a whirlwind around the world but we had a blast!

Up Next - Dinner at Les Chefs

Old 10-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #38
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
I love the review of LTT. We are trying this for lunch for the first time in February. My DH is drooling at the idea of the pot roast, and your pictures have helped!

You make a nice family of Pirates. Was the Pirate League on the trip you are writing about now, or a previous trip? We have this booked for my son's 7th birthday, but just for him. Might be changing that soon.....
Thanks for joining in! The pot roast was really good.

Yes, we went to PL this trip - well, the 3 kids did. Dh just got a scar painted on and I just watched. It was so much fun! I wasn't sure if my 13 yo would like it or be too cool but she had a blast.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #39
pas130
DIS Veteran

So I enjoy how you have stuff you don't remember getting..LOL

I am loving the f&w reviews..Canada sounds super yummy to me
Old 11-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #40
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

great review!

Did any of the restaurants give you a hard time about sharing your meals?
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #41
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Thanks pas! We had plenty of sugar - keep reading And next time I try Kona, I want to do dinner.
I DID end up booking a Kona breakfast BTW
Old 11-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #42
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up and joining in!! Excellent reviews so far. I haven't been to LTT yet and your review really makes me want to try it - I love turkey dinners and pot roast. And that Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake?? Yum!! I've got to get me some of that. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the macadamia pineapple pancakes at Kona. I go nutso over those!

I haven't been to the F&W yet either and your photos may be tipping the scales in that direction for next year. I can't believe you can get a mushroom filet at LC. I'm there!!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #43
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

I'm lurking

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: