Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

The 'This-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' TRIP REPORT 24/09/12 Cont...

So, we had lunch and we were both VERY stuffed! I can honestly say, I don't think I have ever been that full from eating a salad before! Due to this fact, we thought we would skip any rides for now, let lunch settle and go and see some characters!!!

For those of you that have read my pre-trippy, you will know I have been to Disney before back in 2000 with my parents. During that visit believe it or not I did not meet ANY characters so this visit meant I would get to do LOTS of 'firsts'.

We queued for about 30 minutes with a 'lovely' screaming child behind us who obviously wasn't as excited about meeting the characters as I was and then it was nearly our time. I started to get really nervous and excited at the same time.

Now, not knowing that much about the 'Character Spot' I assumed it was just Mickey we would be seeing...HOW WRONG WAS I!!!!!

The main Man!

Goofy was ADORABLE!

The whole experience was so exciting! I felt like I was kid again and so did Karl, it was BRILLIANT! Goofy was lovely and gave me a BIG kiss and hug when we left. So after our exciting experience, we wandered outside thinking about where to go next and we came across two cheeky little chaps...! This was one of our favourite character meets of the whole holiday...!

and this is my favourite photo:

Just as we were saying our goodbyes to them, Chip decided he wanted to dance and started wiggling around next to me, obviously I joined in...

So after our amazing character meets, we went over to 'The Seas with Nemo and Friends'. We both agreed this section was adorable. We also LOVED these guys:

First was Nemos ride. We boarded our 'clamobile' and went on our little journey. The characters appearing in the tanks was fantastic and Karl got very excited about this. He was sat there pointing and laughing like a kid, it was so cute

We then wandered around the aquarium and saw all the beautiful fish including these 2:

We then went to watch 'Turtle Talk with Crush'. One word for this: HILARIOUS!! We didn't have any idea what to expect during this attraction but we weren't disappointed. Crush was fab and the conversations with the adults were so funny let alone him talking to the children! I would recommend this!

We were both starting to get a little tired by this point and around 15:00 we wanted to sit down, what better way then going in here:

We firstly went on 'Living with the Land'. I thought this was very interesting but I don't think Karl really enjoyed it that much, I think he was just happy to sit and chill for a bit in the cool air. It was cloudy outside but was still boiling hot so was nice to chill in the air-con rides for a little while

Now being on the Dis, there is a ride which is mentioned quite a lot and we were both intriged to try it. Have you guessed what it is yet...?

This was one of the longest queues we experienced the whole 2 weeks we were here. It had a wait time of 40 minutes but I think it was actually less than this! (We were so lucky with the queues!)

We got let in to the little holding lines and we figured out we would be on the front row, yaaaaay our first bit of pixie dust!! We took out seats and then when they started to lift, I was a little worried about Karl as he can get scared of heights but luckily he was fine.

We really enjoyed this ride: the wind blowing in our hair, the smell of the oranges; it was all really good but I have to say, I didn't like the way the scene cut from one to another, I felt it ruined it a tiny bit (don't hate me for saying this!)

We decided we would stop for a little break, do 'The Circle of Life' and then call it a day. We stopped at Sunshine Seasons and Karl had a rice cake and I had a key lime cheesecake. These were delicious!! They were both HUGE!! We could tell we would be eating like kings for the next 2 weeks!

Once we had stuffed ourselves it was off to The Circle of Life'. This was quite interesting but it made us both feel quite sad!!! To be honest, we were quite glad to get out of there as I think we would have both burst in to tears if it had have lasted any longer!!

Continued...

Last edited by kittykitty87; 10-20-2012 at 10:10 AM.
kittykitty87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Love the pics with the characters, Chip and Dale are so much fun! x
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85
Love the pics with the characters, Chip and Dale are so much fun! x
They were brilliant! So much fun x
Old 10-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
cazzie
DIS Veteran

Lovely photos of you both with the characters. I always enjoy Turtle Talk
April 2005 - Rodeway Inn International - September 2005 - Radisson Barcelo International Drive - May 2006 - Pop Century - September 2006 - All Star Music - January 2007 - All Star Movies September 2007 - All Star Movies - January 2008 - All Star Sports - December 2008 - All Star Movies - September 2009 - POFQ - September 2010 - OKW - January 2011 - OKW - November 2011 - OKW, GF & AKL - May 2012 - Kidani, OKW - January 2013 - OKW & Kidani

cazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

What a fab first day, love key lime pie
Old 10-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzie View Post
Lovely photos of you both with the characters. I always enjoy Turtle Talk
Thank you It was so fun! LOVED Chip n Dale
Old 10-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran