Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #16
Vivig
Addicted to DISboards
...are we leaving ? when? how many more days?
Every post is like opening a new present.

Petbren we are on the same Flight on the return however going to Orlando we will on the 7:20am flight. Took the Friday off.. Now hoping no snowstorms on the way to Buffalo!

March 2014 - Eastern Disney Fantasy
March 2013 - Eastern Disney Fantasy
August 2011 - Walt Disney World - CSR
March 2007 - WDW 2 days- POR...attending party!!
March 2005 - Western Disney Magic
March 2004 - Land & Sea-POR & Disney Wonder
May 2003 - Western Disney Magic
May 2001 - Walt Disney World

Vivig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #17
petbren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivig View Post
Petbren we are on the same Flight on the return however going to Orlando we will on the 7:20am flight. Took the Friday off.. Now hoping no snowstorms on the way to Buffalo!
We took the Friday off too, except DH works at downtown TO hospital until 7:30am My biggest stressor is getting him home on time(he is trying to get off ah hour early) and the drive into airport will go well. I know we don't have to be at Buffalo airport 2 hours early, but never been there less than an hour before flight
The weather better cooperate
AKV-KIDANI 2014 Fantasy E.Carib.20132011 HHI 2011 BWV 2009 BCV/OKW for F&W Festival, 2008 AKV,2007 1st trip home BWV 2006 Pop Century 2004 Polynesian 1991 Caribbean Beach Resort 1982 Off Site 1977 Off Site
petbren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #18
darwinsrule
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately DW is a teacher so there is no chance of her getting Friday off. I however will be off and waiting with the kids for her to arrive home and then we are on the road. We have the 8:10 direct with SW booked that night. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. With the Fantasy leaving Saturday I would rather get down a day early even if it means getting in late than risk going down day of, esp in March. I will be glued to the traffic and weather reports that day however.

Our 'record' for late arrival at the airport was about 45 MIN before the flight. Lucky the plane was delayed by about 90 min, still it was scarey.
August'14 NCL Getaway ** March'15 Disney Wonder

Me DW DD10 DD6
darwinsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #19
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

wow seems the fantasy had one heck of a sailing this weekend!Feel sorry for all those passengers, sure hope our cruise is uneventfull and we have smooth sailing! Makes me rethink any future cruises when the threat of a hurricane is more prevelent.Our cruise is really getting so much closer , once xmas is upon us I think time will really fly by!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #20
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have experience with Disney transfers from the resorts? We will be using Disney transportation to the port for the first time. We'll be at Bay Lake Tower and will be picked up at the Contemporary. Any idea what time the buses depart Disney?

I'm amazed after seeing photos and video of the Fantasy's voyage last weekend that she was ready to sail out again on Saturday. The damage looked considerable in some places. Scary for all concerned.
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve; BLT; Wilderness Lodge; Boardwalk; Saratoga Springs; DVC Member Cruise
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #21
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

We have used disney transfers from the resorts for both of our previous cruises, once from the yacht club and the last one from the poly. from what I remember we had to meet around 11 am in the lobby both times. We had breakfast at ohanas before meeting and didnt feel rushed at all which makes for an even more enjoyable morning. We will be using them once again for this trip as well!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #22
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post
Does anyone have experience with Disney transfers from the resorts? We will be using Disney transportation to the port for the first time. We'll be at Bay Lake Tower and will be picked up at the Contemporary. Any idea what time the buses depart Disney?

I'm amazed after seeing photos and video of the Fantasy's voyage last weekend that she was ready to sail out again on Saturday. The damage looked considerable in some places. Scary for all concerned.
We've taken the transfer from Beach Club twice. They usually have all the passengers meet at an area and they take attendance. Both times we left around noon (sorry, can't remember exact time). We still had time to have lunch and unpack a bit before we went to the muster drill.

We will also be on the March 9th Fantasy sailing. This will be our 3rd cruise (well technically 4th - since we did a back to back on the dream in 2011). We're excited to go to San Juan! We are leaving to go to orlando a week before (Mar 2nd). We'll be staying at our DVC resort for a few days before and taking the transfer again. I know it's later that when most people would prefer to go, but I'd prefer that over rushing in the morning.
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #23
garytam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivig View Post
Hi Vivig

We will be on the same flight down and back. Have not decided on the Buffalo hotel yet.

Gary
DCL/AKV 2009 Mar
DCL 2008 Mar, WLV 2008 July, BCV 2007 Aug, off site 2007 March
Port Orleans 2006, off site 2006, DCL 2005 Magic, BCV 2005
DCL 2003 Wonder, OKW 2003, DCL 2002 Wonder, WLV 2002, YC 1999, DL 1997
garytam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #24
darwinsrule
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcdisney

We've taken the transfer from Beach Club twice. They usually have all the passengers meet at an area and they take attendance. Both times we left around noon (sorry, can't remember exact time). We still had time to have lunch and unpack a bit before we went to the muster drill.

We will also be on the March 9th Fantasy sailing. This will be our 3rd cruise (well technically 4th - since we did a back to back on the dream in 2011). We're excited to go to San Juan! We are leaving to go to orlando a week before (Mar 2nd). We'll be staying at our DVC resort for a few days before and taking the transfer again. I know it's later that when most people would prefer to go, but I'd prefer that over rushing in the morning.
We did BC pre-cruise in 2011 (our Hurricane Irene B2B). The meet up was in the solarium for both BC and YC and was at 11:30. Bus did't leave until around 12:30. Yes you can do cheaper by booking a third party transfer, it is worth the money for the DCL version. This will be number four for us as well. Really, really can't wait for March.

Me DW DD10 DD6
Old 10-31-2012, 07:18 PM   #25
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the info on the DCL transfer.

We have rented a car the last three times (through Budget) and through no fault of the rental company, we have found that the pick-up situation is definitely worse now since they tightened up port security.

We figured that we'd just sit back and let DCL do the driving -- we are at BLT pre-cruise, and the VWL afterwards. I think the big improvement will be in getting out of the port and off to WDW. We're hoping to do AK the Saturday we all return.

Our only issue was how to get a bottle or two to take with us, and then we remembered that Germany, Italy and France sell some very nice bottles! So we'll hit Epcot the Friday before the cruise!
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve; BLT; Wilderness Lodge; Boardwalk; Saratoga Springs; DVC Member Cruise
Old 10-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #26
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Oh, and one more question about the logistics. How do they let us know where the meeting point will be? Assuming in the cruise docs?
2009 WDW @ Poly;
Old 10-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #27
darwinsrule
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller
Oh, and one more question about the logistics. How do they let us know where the meeting point will be? Assuming in the cruise docs?
Letter in your room the night before. They picked up the bags around 8am. I honestly get why people book a non-DCL service ($$$) but the less I have to do on vacation the happier I am.

Me DW DD10 DD6
Old 10-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #28
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

The draw back to the DCL transfers is that you do not get on the ship until 2-2:30. We did the DCL transfers the first year and we felt like we did nothing, but wait for the bus and by the time you get on the ship it is time to get ready for the safety drill.

Original plan for us was to do Harry Potter and have a rental car to the port, but I am now thinking we will stay at Art of Animation and do the water park instead. We would book a car service to the Port, aiming to be there for noon. I have not look into that recently, but I imagine for 3 the price is similar to the DCL transfer cost.

Was checking our flights and I guess Air Canada has made changes to the return flight and we no longer have seats, so now I need to call, but I guess I will wait a few days for that as the lines are jammed with all the cancelled flights. The flight there is fine so not too worried if we get stuck in Florida for a few days extra.

mkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #29
Vivig
Addicted to DISboards
...are we leaving ? when? how many more days?
Every post is like opening a new present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytam

Hi Vivig

We will be on the same flight down and back. Have not decided on the Buffalo hotel yet.

Gary
Great to hear!! We are staying at the Residence Inn both at Port Canaveral as well as Buffalo. But we will be parking at the airport. March can't get here fast enough!!

March 2014 - Eastern Disney Fantasy
March 2013 - Eastern Disney Fantasy
August 2011 - Walt Disney World - CSR
March 2007 - WDW 2 days- POR...attending party!!
March 2005 - Western Disney Magic
March 2004 - Land & Sea-POR & Disney Wonder
May 2003 - Western Disney Magic
May 2001 - Walt Disney World

Vivig is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: