Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
soblessed
Earning My Ears

Sports or Movies

I received a pin code for august 2013 however it cannot be used at AoA for the little mermaid rooms. So now I'm trying to choose between sports or a preferred room at movies in the toy story section.

1) which of these is scheduled for a refurbishment anytime soon?
2) traveling with my son who will be 10 & niece also 10-should I get 2 rooms or just share a bed with my niece?
3) what time is the disney cruise shuttle to the port from the all stars?

Thank you in advance
soblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Movies was rehabbed in 2011, Sports in 2007. You can pay for Preferred and request Toy Story but it's only a request, not guaranteed. If it's just one adult and two 10-year-olds I wouldn't waste money on a 2nd room. I couldn't tell you about cruise transportation.

Last edited by EpcotBill; 10-22-2012 at 10:02 AM.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
TXMalecifent
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill
Movies was rehabbed in 2010, Sports in 2007. You can pay for Preferred and request Toy Story but it's only a request, not guaranteed. If it's just one adult and two 10-year-olds I wouldn't waste money on a 2nd room. I couldn't tell you about cruise transportation.
When was All Star Music last refurbished? We are just about to make our first on site vacation reservation and all we really want is a clean room with decent mattresses. Oh, and while I am asking, how about Pop Century? When was the last time is was refurbished?
Old 10-22-2012, 03:03 AM   #4
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMalecifent
Quote:

Originally Posted by EpcotBill

Movies was rehabbed in 2010, Sports in 2007. You can pay for Preferred and request Toy Story but it's only a request, not guaranteed. If it's just one adult and two 10-year-olds I wouldn't waste money on a 2nd room. I couldn't tell you about cruise transportation.

When was All Star Music last refurbished? We are just about to make our first on site vacation reservation and all we really want is a clean room with decent mattresses. Oh, and while I am asking, how about Pop Century? When was the last time is was refurbished?
POP was refurbished in 2010. not sure when music was last done...
Some complain the mattresses are hard at POP. I do NOT like a hard mattress. They are definitely not soft but I find they are livable for a week's vacation. Yes, It would be WONDERFUL if they were as GREAT as those on the cruise ship but they aren't. LOL! But they aren't bricks either...

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #5
digiMom
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at ASSp and POP. One of the things I liked about ASSp is that it's first pick up and drop off if the AS were sharing a bus. ASMo would be last if the bus stops at all three. Most times, they had they're own bus or staggered with 2 of them. There didn't seem much of a pattern to it....

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Correction to my earlier post; Movies was rehabbed in 2011, not 2010.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #7
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soblessed View Post
3) what time is the disney cruise shuttle to the port from the all stars?
DCL transport from resort to port typically picks up around 11:30am - 12:30pm, with arrival at the port around 1:00-1:30pm. Exact times will be provided at the resort the day before your cruise. It will depend somewhat on how many other guests need transport from resort to port, and from which resorts. It is not likely to be a direct AllStars to Port bus.

Enjoy your WDW stay and cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

OP, for two children (10 yr olds) plus yourself i would not waste money on a 2nd room. Besides, would you trust the two kids by themselves in the room? there's a possibility the rooms might not be near each other, what if you end up on different floors, (i doubt it, but you never know), then what? See what i mean? There's plenty of space for the three of you in one room.

I really loved both resorts. Had so much fun at both. But based on theme alone i'd say Movies is best. Its been refurbed more recently than Sports. The only issue with movies is the bus. I like the fact that the ppl at Sports are picked up & dropped off first. Whereas with movies its last. Keep in mind that many ppl have reported no bus issues at movies, so its really the luck of the draw.

BTW we thought the POP mattresses were fine. We didnt have issues. Pop is our fave value resort!!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #9
soblessed
Earning My Ears

We are very excited about this trip we havent been to Disney since 2010.

I will stick with the one room its only for 4 nights we should survive

I read on another site that Sports was getting a soft goods refurb which would be complete by June 2013, but the kids want to stay in the Toy Story section so I was torn.

This will be our 1st Disney cruise really looking forward to it!

Thank you for your replies
soblessed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: