Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #31
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Yes, I do, but I'm torn between wanting to have 100 % proof of it and not wanting to have 100 % proof of that...if you know what I mean.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #32
Mandychelle79
DIS Veteran

Yes, I believe in ghosts and I swear my parents house is haunted by a friendly, playful one.

I have had shoes end up in the oven that my parents bought at an auction that was in the garage ( had looked for the shoes for a few weeks)

Had another shoe turn up in the closet where we kept shoes after searching for it for days, and it had an umbrella stuck in it

was looking for something in moms room and the door hit me and instead of swinging backwards, was being pushed into me and I was the only one home

Alarms would go off at the right time even when they were unplugged

ceiling fans would turn on

door knobs turn and the other side is a push button door

and keys, always missing, but if you say out loud ok already give them back a few minutes later they are somewhere you have already looked

at the nursing home I worked at I backed into someone and turned to apologize and there was no one there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #33
DaisyLynn
DIS Veteran

I do, but I don't want to see one. The thought is terrifying to me.

It might sound crazy, but I don't care. I smell scents at times, and have the feeling of not being "alone" at times. I also take cues from my daughter (I believe young children are very sensitive to spirit). I know it's my grandmother, great-grandmother and great aunt(s). They come to see my baby girl, which is very comforting. But I tell them, out loud, that I don't want to see them because I don't like being startled or caught off guard. I've been that way my whole life and I was a very nervous and easily frightened little girl, and I trust these wonderful women to respect that. I know how that sounds to those that don't believe, but for the ones that do it should make sense.

DaisyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #34
WDWBarb
It was, in fact, *I* who was sounding like a loose fan belt
I need to put some distance between my coffee, my mouth and my monitor

The answer is yes, with hesitations - I want to believe in ghosts (isn't the world a more incredible place when such things are possible?) but I am not 100% certain. It's impossible to discount all the evidence that they exist (EVPs are something that have never been explained away entirely by science).

I had many experiences when I was young but my more cynical adult mind now makes me wonder if I just had an incredible imagination. I do seek out "haunted" places and hope to experience something that makes me believe again. I've seen a few small things that make me wonder... but nothing definitive. Heck, I've spent the night at Waverly Hills twice and the most interesting thing I saw was a shadow figure but it could easily be discounted as an optical illusion (but a cool one, lol).

But I still hope to know for sure.
WDWBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #35
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWBarb View Post
The answer is yes, with hesitations - I want to believe in ghosts (isn't the world a more incredible place when such things are possible?) but I am not 100% certain. It's impossible to discount all the evidence that they exist (EVPs are something that have never been explained away entirely by science).

I had many experiences when I was young but my more cynical adult mind now makes me wonder if I just had an incredible imagination. I do seek out "haunted" places and hope to experience something that makes me believe again. I've seen a few small things that make me wonder... but nothing definitive. Heck, I've spent the night at Waverly Hills twice and the most interesting thing I saw was a shadow figure but it could easily be discounted as an optical illusion (but a cool one, lol).

But I still hope to know for sure.
You spent the night at Waverly Hills? I'd love to do that! I'd probably be so nervous I'd wonder if any experience I had there was just my mind playing tricks on me.

To answer the question, yes I believe in ghosts. I've had things happen that I just can't find a more rational explanation for.
sunshinehighway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #36
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

I never used to believe in ghosts, it didn't make sense to me. However I've always heard stories from my friend that her house is haunted, they have a family of ghosts, they have seen and interacted with them numerous times in the past, one night when I was sleeping over, I was sleeping in my friends bed, I woke up in the middle of the night, at first I thought my friend was standing in front of me but I quickly realized she was sleeping on the couch, and that it was a little girl in front of me, scared me half to death, I closed my eyes and tried to sleep again. In the morning I told my friend what had happened, she called her mom in and they both described this girl perfectly... I think she was wondering who I am and what was wrong with me (I was going through chemotherapy at the time), I had the feeling she was very inquisitive.

WDW '13 AKL w/ Mom '11 POP w/ BF -- '08 POFQ w/ Mom -- New Years '07 Off property w/ best friends family <grad trip>

DL --> '95 '97 '98 '01 '12 '13
DLP November '12
Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder 2011<Finished Chemo!>
Pacific Coast Repo Cruise 2012 <got engaged!> WBPC 2013 <Disneymoon!>
*tinker*bell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #37
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

I also could add, our house up north. I never experienced or saw anything but my youngest DD has seen a male ghost in our old house there on several occasions.

Once in the hallway, then in the spare bedroom and another time sitting on the couch in the living room. He would make noise on her bedroom wall, on the wall up and down the hall. And switch the tv in the LR on with a low volume. That is when she saw him on the couch when she went to investigate and turn off the tv.

She said he wore a dress hat like from the past. He wasn't really all that tall from what she saw. Only a little over 5 ft. There was only one time she felt a touch on her shoulder when she had her back turned and was looking at her CDs when she turned around no one was there.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #38
KimR
DIS Veteran
Needs to lay off the Murder Mysteries before Dental Appointments!

Thank you, Disney Doll, for posting your stories. Some of them were very heart-warming and comforting.

I do have one incident that makes me wonder. It was shortly after my Mother's memorial service and I was at my Dad's house. I looked out the kitchen window into the backyard and there was a rainbow stretching from one side of the yard to the other. It was IN the yard - not in the sky. I had never seen anything like that before or since and I did wonder if it was somehow a sign from my Mother. I later even googled rainbows and sprits, ghosts, etc to see if that was a common sign from departed relatives (similar to smelling perfume), but I couldn't find anything.

2000 - GF; 2000 - BC; 03 - GF; 04 - YC; 05 - GF; 06, 07 - YC; 08 - GF; 09, 10 - YC; 12 - YC

Just the basics:
Are two-year-olds too young to go to Disney? It depends upon their temperament. One way to find out: take them there. After all, they're only young for a short time. You're sure to enjoy your trip if you plan ahead! AND - don't forget those all-important dining reservations; they fill up so fast it's ridiculous. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes - I'd advise you to carry a small purse or bag for loose items so you don't lose them on rides. You'll have a great vacation if you follow my advice!
KimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #39
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

We always joke about Pops being in our house (dh's dad). He was badly injured and was basically comatose for 1 1/2 yrs until he passed away. DH will be watching tv and the channels and/or the volume will go up or down. Ds was born about 2 months after Pops was injured and has many, many mannerisms that Pops had, and very closely resembles him, according to DH.
My stepdad passed away in 07, and my mom always says "Ok, XX, I know you're here" when her automatic icemaker makes a weird sound...He used to have ice in EVERYTHING" he drank, even beer.
I recently woke up, sat straight up in bed, in the middle of the night after hearing someone shout my name. Scared the dickens outta me!
One time a long time co-worker and friend had passed away, and I felt sooo guilty for not going to her funeral. Not long after that, I had a dream where she told me it was ok that I didn't go, she knew I was her friend.
Not really much, but I do believe there is something after life here on Earth.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #40
Mr.MouseFan
Is a line cutter
The TF knows who you are!
Performs random acts of kindness

"I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do, I do, I do, I do, I do believe in spooks."

Had an experience last night. Home alone and just about to sleep and someone (-thing?) decided to play shenanigans to wake me up. They made two loud sounds like something fell off the bookshelf onto the hardwood floor of my room. After checking it out, there was nothing out of place. They were quiet the rest of the night.
'11 Port Orleans Riverside
'12 Art of Animation
'07 '09 '14 - Disneyland
Mr.MouseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #41
krcit
DIS Veteran

I believe in something...ghosts, spirits, visits. I had a visit from my dad while I was pregnant with my ds. It was so real and moving that I actually felt him hug me as he whispered he would always be watching over me and my kids. My best friend passed away in the spring. I help out with her young kids every day and one day I went to the 'mother's Day plant sale' with her 3rd grader to help him pick out a pretty plant to hang in the yard for his Mommy to see from heaven. I brought the plant back to my house and put it on my front step. A few hours later, I bent over to pick up the plant to bring it to her house and lying on the step next to it was the laminated card from her funeral a couple months before. I took it as a little sign from her that she knows I'm keeping my promise to watch out for and love her kids.

krcit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #42
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

I believe in ghosts or imprints.

I work on a studio lot in a stage that was built in 1939. I am on the second floor above the stage, in a suite of offices and edit rooms. I imagine over the years, people have had all sorts of stress in that building, the same as I do just doing my job day in and day out.

One night I was there late and was the only one in the building. I heard something and I looked out my office door down the hall, and the back of a man in white light walks into the edit suite two doors down. I couldn't believe it and I thought it must have been one of my night engineers. So, I followed him into the suite. Nothing was there.

I don't know how else to describe him. He was clearly a man, tall, broad shoulders like a normal man, except he glowed with white light. But not like a nuclear glow, it was a see-through glow like ghosts from a 1930's movie.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #43
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimR View Post
Thank you, Disney Doll, for posting your stories. Some of them were very heart-warming and comforting.

I do have one incident that makes me wonder. It was shortly after my Mother's memorial service and I was at my Dad's house. I looked out the kitchen window into the backyard and there was a rainbow stretching from one side of the yard to the other. It was IN the yard - not in the sky. I had never seen anything like that before or since and I did wonder if it was somehow a sign from my Mother. I later even googled rainbows and sprits, ghosts, etc to see if that was a common sign from departed relatives (similar to smelling perfume), but I couldn't find anything.
I can only tell you that when something is a sign, you somehow "know" it's a sign. You get a different feeling looking at it than you would at another time when you might just think "What a nice rainbow!".

I have a rainbow story. My husband's cousin passed away 2 years ago, age 50, of a rare neurological disease. He was a great guy....devoted husband andd father, good son, good friend. He had 1000 people come to his wake. I helped his wife care for him for the last 8 months of his life so she could keep him at home. After he passed, we have had TONS of signs. The most recent was a rainbow. I was on my way to pick her up to take her to an MD appointment because she had been having some stomach troubles. As I was driving to her house, I saw a rainbow. A double rainbow actually. It was there the whole time I was on my way to her house. When I got there, I told her about it, we went outside and there was the rainbow...right over the house. We looked at each other and said "Kevin".... And again, we just "knew".
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~

Last edited by Disney Doll; 10-20-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #44
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Not Ghost's, something else yes.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #45
chamonix

Are we there yet?

I just read this book called ":34" and I highly recommend it:

http://www.amazon.com/34-Debra-Fulton/dp/1452558132

It's a "true" account (well, true if you believe in this stuff!) of a woman and her teenage daughter discovering "unseen" things in their lives, and especially about her daughter's journey to understand that she has a special ability to see those things (people) all around us. It was very interesting, to say the least! I read it in one day, I couldn't put it down!
Star Wars Weekends June 2011 Polynesian

December 2010 Beach Club
Star Wars Weekends June 2010 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2009~ Polynesian
Ho’omahana summer 2008 Polynesian
~Tiki fest summer 2007~ Polynesian
March 2007 Polynesian March 2006 Polynesian
October 2005 Polynesian
October 2004, March 2004 Polynesian
December 2003, December 2002 Polynesian

Disneyland Hotel 2001
chamonix is offline   Reply With Quote