Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
blakebcg
Earning My Ears

Trying to plan a semi-surprise romantic getaway

I'm 19 (I say this because some resorts require 21+), and I'm taking my girlfriend to disney for her birthday. She's never been before and we plan to stay for 4 days. 2 days at animal kingdom and 2 at the magic kingdom. I've been to the magic kingdom three times, but i've never been to the animal kingdom.

She likes the idea of the Animal Kingdom resort with the savanna view. Now, when I've been to disney i was a lot younger and went with my parents, so we stayed in a regular room. Money is no object and I'm looking for the best experience possible. I've heard of rooms with firework views, savanna views, honeymoon suites, and villas at the boardwalk i hear are also very nice.

From people who have personal experience, where would you stay? I cant decide between a villa or a hotel room. A luxurious honeymoon suite would be ideal, the more over-the-top the better. I'm going for completely over-the-top when i pick out a room. I'd like to stay under $700 per night, but if something is really exceptional I will consider that.

What rooms would you recommend at what resorts.
blakebcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Hi, I love the idea of the BWI and the Beach Club Resort in walking distance to Epcot, which I think is the epitome of romance in WDW . We love having dinners in World Showcase, esp. Marrakesh, Le Cellier, Chefs de France, San Angel Inn, those are perfect if you're going for romantic! Then walking around the showcase, going in and out of shops during Illuminations is perfect. Going for a stroll around the lagoon or on the boardwalk right outside your room is a really nice bonus also!

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
PyxiiDustt
Mouseketeer

I have to ask, why two days at DAK and two at MK? Why not DHS and Epcot? I mean I'm a huge Animal Kingdom fan, but I'm not sure spending two full days there is your best option. So just curious as to your reasoning

PyxiiDustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Have you looked into renting some points from the DVC Rental board?
You can get a villa in either Jambo (AKL) or Kidani (AKV) which both have savanna views. You do not get daily mousekeeping but the size of the rooms are larger than a standard hotel room.
There are even rooms in Jambo that are on the CL level, that can be gotten with DVC points. These rooms do not have the best savanna views but they do come with daily mousekeeping.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: