Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
rnorwo1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
If you'll go over to the Dining Plan sub-forum up above, you'll find a sticky that lists all the Kids' CS meals. Be warned, there's not a lot of variety.

OP: just a quick note to let you know all kids' meals are now $6 or more, so even that is over your $5 limit.
Thanks!
rnorwo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #17
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy3girls View Post
We are a local family of 7 and we are always looking for good deals. I recently wrote a blog post about it. http://thefloridafamily.com/2012/08/...eap-at-disney/
Thanks for that link! Lots of great ideas in there. Which fruit stands do you know of that serve the baked potatoes and corn you talked about? I know there is a large-ish one in DHS, near RnRc - does that one serve them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
OP: just a quick note to let you know all kids' meals are now $6 or more, so even that is over your $5 limit.
Well, $6 is still much better than $12 or so, which is what most adult meals seem to be. So I'll take it

I always thought a cheap meal at Disney was about as elusive as a FP for TSM after 2 pm...now I know where to look My next park visit will be Epcot for F&W on Tuesday so I won't get to try any of these just yet, but I will be sure to report back here on my success with future trips!

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

I visited MK last Saturday and am happy to report that I was able to get a baked potato from the Liberty Square Market for $3.29 (before tax). This is the fruit stand in MK and is located between Columbia Harbour House and the Hall of Presidents. The potato was fairly large and had a nice crispy skin that had been salted. It came with butter, sour cream, and shredded cheese, and salt/pepper/other condiments were available as well. Along with a Buddy Fruit I'd brought from home, it made for a filling and inexpensive meal! I assume this is a seasonal item because it was not listed on the regular menu, but they were also offering baked sweet potatoes for the same price. Corn on the cob is also an option for $1.99, along with a variety of fruit. I will definitely be coming back to this location in the future!

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest

Last edited by parkhopping; 11-12-2012 at 11:38 AM.
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
royaltybuff
Earning My Ears

If you are going with someone else, the food combos at Flame Tree Barbecue in AK are huge.
royaltybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #20
cayennews
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Thanks for the food tips. My sister and I will be on a tight budget when we go this spring with 2 small kids. We don't need anything fancy. Love the baked potato suggestion. We'll have to keep our eyes out for other good deals.
cayennews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

Don't forget that if something interests you on a CS menu that you can get one meal and two drinks. I did this two or three times when I went with Mom in last July. It means we wasted less food and I kept better on the commitment to Lifestyle change I made almost five years ago.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
tstidm1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: