Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #46
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsmike View Post
I am normally a bit of a lurker on TR's, but I am loving the energy of yours. Your kids take great candid shots and I can just feel your excitment about staying at AoA. I'm in.
Thanks and !! Glad you've come out of lurkdom.

Disney just emailed me a free dining offer for January to March travel. I was desperately trying to make the math work to take Demetri for his birthday so we could go back but I just couldn't!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #47
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

Wow- great pictures!! I love the magic shots with the photopass! Ariana with the balloons is wonderful! And I'm enjoying your TR.

(Me) (DH) (DS20) (DS17) (Jill) (Larry) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #48
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I like your that you incorporate the characters you want to meet on your daily plans...great idea... and you know what I do with great ideas... I "borrow" them... so thank you...

David has that exact shirt Demetri is wearing...

I love love the photos of Demetri and Ariana in the Toy Story cut outs... really cute candids...

Btw... is that a Disney charm bracelet Ariana is wearing? I was trying to make out the characters...

I'm with her on the points...vs looking around at the ride... there's a lot to look at in that ride... and you do miss some of it if you're just focused on points...
Old 11-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #49
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

awesome line shots really enjoyed them.

and the smiles and genuine hugs are great with buzz and woody, they did a great job capturing those.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #50
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyw View Post
Wow- great pictures!! I love the magic shots with the photopass! Ariana with the balloons is wonderful! And I'm enjoying your TR.
Thanks and !! Some of the magic photopass shots are a little difficult explaining to Ariana what to pretend to do but the balloons one she got right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I like your that you incorporate the characters you want to meet on your daily plans...great idea... and you know what I do with great ideas... I "borrow" them... so thank you...

David has that exact shirt Demetri is wearing...

I love love the photos of Demetri and Ariana in the Toy Story cut outs... really cute candids...

Btw... is that a Disney charm bracelet Ariana is wearing? I was trying to make out the characters...

I'm with her on the points...vs looking around at the ride... there's a lot to look at in that ride... and you do miss some of it if you're just focused on points...
Borrow away! Besides listing our ADRs and scheduled night shows, the daily plans were more or less "don't forget must do's" notes to myself that we could accomplish on any day at that park. We had two DHS days so whatever we didn't get done on our first we'd be sure to do on our second.

It's a cute shirt! Perry has kinda taken over Demetri's wardrobe Ariana's charm bracelet was a birthday gift from Daddy just before we left home. Here's a bit of a closer shot of it from later in the trip....

All of the charms are from Cinderella.... the clock tower, Gus Gus, the carriage... it really is quite pretty and she loved it.

I am much, much, MUCH too competitive to look around during TSM... give me those points!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
awesome line shots really enjoyed them.

and the smiles and genuine hugs are great with buzz and woody, they did a great job capturing those.

We spent a pretty decent amount of time with them, they weren't rushing us or anything. Sometimes the PP photographers stop taking pictures and we feel obligated to move along but the kids were switching back and forth and the characters kept calling them back.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #51
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great photopass pictures!! Love the balloon shot!

The Stinky Pete pictures are too cute! Yay for seeing Woody and Buzz!! Looks like it was a great meet and greet!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #52
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great photopass pictures!! Love the balloon shot!

The Stinky Pete pictures are too cute! Yay for seeing Woody and Buzz!! Looks like it was a great meet and greet!
Demetri was a hoot getting him to look in the right spot at the same time Ariana's arm was up. It was pretty much an accident he looked straight up like he did - he tries to 'help' Ariana and was forgetting his role in the shot too.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #53
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

I know what we're going to do today!

After saluting our goodbyes to the Green Army Men, we headed on over to say our hello's to Phineas & Ferb. I fear we took the long way however because somehow we ended up in San Francisco.....

.... perhaps it was the runaway umbrella that blew us off course.

Back on track, we noticed a non existent line to see McQueen and Mater (get it..? back on track...? track... McQueen & Mater...? ok, I'll stop now) so we seized the opportunity and were next up.

Demetri was getting his "ka-chow" on and Ariana opted to "peace out" when I asked her to take two steps forward.

Silly girl

Our family loves Phineas & Ferb! Demetri's favorite hands down is Perry, whenever we sing the theme song (which is quite often ) Ariana's part is Candace's line at the end, George does an awesome impersonation of Doofenshmirtz, Alex hoots whenever Baljeet comes out with a gem and I regularly use the line "Whatcha doin'?"

Knowing we'd have a blast, I was armed with my video camera, George was ready with Demetri's camera and our photopass card was promptly handed over. Our timing was good too because as we got into a fairly short line, the Muppets theatre let out and a stream of people instantly crowded the area.

We'd heard a rumor that on rare occasions Doofenshmirtz and Perry join the greet so we were crossing our fingers when the brothers came out that they would be too, but no such luck. We'd have to be content with the cardboard version of Perry.....

..... and Doofenshrmitz' latest invention instead.

When it was our turn, the kids ran over and they did not disappoint. This is an awesome meet and greet... there was robot dancing, there was fun when Ferb refused to turn our autograph book over to Phineas, Demetri and Ferb had a high 5 with the wiggle fingers at the end and Phineas twirled Ariana in a sweet waltz. Seriously could not have been better!

Waves and blowing kisses for goodbye and we almost ran right past Duckie MoMo. I haven't seen this particular episode yet but Demetri just loves him and Ariana wanted a hug.

Best. Meet. Ever.

Up next..... The hug that lasted forever

Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #54
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Ariana's charm bracelet was a birthday gift from Daddy just before we left home. Here's a bit of a closer shot of it from later in the trip....

All of the charms are from Cinderella.... the clock tower, Gus Gus, the carriage... it really is quite pretty and she loved it.
It's really lovely and it shows up really nicely against her manicure... Nice Daddy gift...

Awesome P & F photos... we are also huge fans ... (and I think that Baljeet is under appreciated... he has some of the most awesome lines...)

Where exactly do they do their Meet & Greet in the Studios?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #55
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Yay for Phineas and Ferb!! We loved our meet and greet with them! One of our favorites!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #56
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great update and pics.

Looks like a lot of good meets in there.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #57
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

OK, So I have two daughters, both of whom would like a similar bracelet so... Where did you get it????

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 11-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #58
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

The last time we met Buzz and Woody at DHS they were in their other location so we never saw the cut outs. I knew they had some but there are more than I thought. I love the one with Demetri and the claw!

That's great Ariana and Demetri had such a good interaction with Phineas and Ferb!

Looking forward to more!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #59
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
It's really lovely and it shows up really nicely against her manicure... Nice Daddy gift...

Awesome P & F photos... we are also huge fans ... (and I think that Baljeet is under appreciated... he has some of the most awesome lines...)

Where exactly do they do their Meet & Greet in the Studios?
The bracelet has some nice oomph to it if you know what I mean... not fragile or would break after wearing it twice. She wore it every day of our trip and we bring it out now for special occasions.

The Phineas & Ferb meet is right outside the exit for Muppet 3D and by Mama Melrose's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yay for Phineas and Ferb!! We loved our meet and greet with them! One of our favorites!
Always a good time! They didn't have the fake movie skit going this time but we had fun singing along with the P&F tunes they were playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great update and pics.

Looks like a lot of good meets in there.
Thanks! We were certainly on a roll with the great meets that morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
OK, So I have two daughters, both of whom would like a similar bracelet so... Where did you get it????
From the Disney Store! We have one not too far from us. I just tried looking it up now on the website but I don't see it there any longer. There is a Snow White charm bracelet watch that's pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
The last time we met Buzz and Woody at DHS they were in their other location so we never saw the cut outs. I knew they had some but there are more than I thought. I love the one with Demetri and the claw!

That's great Ariana and Demetri had such a good interaction with Phineas and Ferb!

Looking forward to more!
Try and get there if you can, Buzz and Woody were definately worth waiting for and the cut outs do help pass the time. It was fun watching others in line come up with silly ideas too.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #60
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
From the Disney Store! We have one not too far from us. I just tried looking it up now on the website but I don't see it there any longer.
So you bought the last one?

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: