Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #31
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Nice pictures! Looking forward to reading about your trip.

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 10-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #32
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Nice pictures! Looking forward to reading about your trip.
Hi! aboard! I'll get an update done later today
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #33
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Demetri's pictures and Disney trivia!

Occasionally during last year's trip, Demetri would ask if he could use my camera. Some of his pictures were hilarious and I loved seeing what he wanted to take pictures of. So this year, I'd planned on taking my old camera for him to use more often. (Little did I know the monster I'd created... )

At the last minute, we couldn't find the memory cards that go with my old camera - it's a Fuji and uses XD cards - and new ones were a ridiculous $40 each for 1GB, so I considered getting him a point and shoot that would become the family backup after the trip.

Enter fuzzy Disney math!

My main camera though was a bit older (it too needed the over priced XD cards) and I'd already been considering getting a new one myself, so then we looked into spending a bit more for a new main camera and letting my old main one become the family backup.

Made sense to me so staying within the Fuji family but ditching those XD cards, I had a new main camera - a Finepix HS25 16MP - - and Demetri used my previously main camera - the Finepix S1000fd 10MP. He'd made a deal with his brother to take at least 300 pictures and he was very serious about keeping that deal. Here are some of his from our first day.....

Tally count as of day 1: 45 pictures

Now for a bit of trivia fun. On one of our resort days, we had fun poolside with a trivia contest. We had some stiff competition (including a guy who was Googling the questions each time from his table not fair!) but we beat him and everyone else to be the champs for the day!

Wanna see how well you would have done? I'll ask two questions each time I recap a day with Demetri's pictures. Here are the first two:

1. In Disney's Robin Hood, what is the name of the town?

2. In 101 Dalmations, what are the names of Cruella De Vil's two evil helpers?

Old 11-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #34
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Love the photos... especially the one of Perry and Sebastian... I love both of them and have never seen them together before...

hmmm.... according to David-and he's usually right about these things...

1. Nottingham (I though maybe Disney changed the name... but David is pretty sure it's just Nottingham...

2. Jasper and Horace are Cruella's evil henchmen....

Hurray for Disney Math...
Old 11-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #35
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Good read so far. Now if someone else would get around to updating her thread, I would have a couple things to read. I won't mention any names, but it rhymes with minkertomeleventysticks.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 11-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #36
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great report and pics so far.

AofA is gorgeous. I walked over twice and looked at it and took pics. One daytime and the other night time.

Looks like fun times were being had.

He took some great pics.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #37
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Great update Tracy, Demetri is becoming quite the little photographer!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Good read so far. Now if someone else would get around to updating her thread, I would have a couple things to read. I won't mention any names, but it rhymes with minkertomeleventysticks.
Really Mike???

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #38
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Hi Tracey! I just found your tr

I love your and Ariana's nails! I've always wanted to get them done for a trip but I never get around to it. I do always get my hair done before a trip though so at least I'm doing something

A 3:00am flight well I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to get to Disney!

Sorry to hear it rained and they shut the pool before you made it in, but at least you got some good pictures of the kids swimming in the rain at Disney.

It looks like you had a great dinner at DTD!

We stayed at Pop in June and walked over to AoA. Nemo was the only open section but we got to look at the Cars section and take pictures it was almost ready to open.

I can't wait to hear about your family's fun adventures!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #39
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Really Mike???
Sorry, sometimes I just can't control the urge to be a smart @$$

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 11-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #40
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Demetri did a great job taking pictures!! I'll have to remember to start posting the ones Noah took...I keep forgetting because they are in a separate folder. Hmm...not sure about the trivia questions. If the boys were home they would probably know! Apparently, I need to brush up on my Disney trivia!

Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #41
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Love the photos... especially the one of Perry and Sebastian... I love both of them and have never seen them together before...

hmmm.... according to David-and he's usually right about these things...

1. Nottingham (I though maybe Disney changed the name... but David is pretty sure it's just Nottingham...

2. Jasper and Horace are Cruella's evil henchmen....

Hurray for Disney Math...
Great job David! Correct on both questions Perry and Sebastian were best buds that week... soon to have a third friend join the party too.

Quote:
Hey Mike Off to a rip roaring start I see... eleventysticks cracked me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great report and pics so far.

AofA is gorgeous. I walked over twice and looked at it and took pics. One daytime and the other night time.

Looks like fun times were being had.

He took some great pics.
I really, really need to take more night photos of AoA... I didn't realize how few we had!

Demetri's favorite feature of the camera was the zoom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Great update Tracy, Demetri is becoming quite the little photographer!!!!
Hello eleventysticks He was too cute - he'd see me pause for a photo, quickly look to see what I was taking a picture of and then take one himself. Sometimes it was the same thing, sometimes... not.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #42
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Hi Tracey! I just found your tr

I love your and Ariana's nails! I've always wanted to get them done for a trip but I never get around to it. I do always get my hair done before a trip though so at least I'm doing something

A 3:00am flight well I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to get to Disney!

Sorry to hear it rained and they shut the pool before you made it in, but at least you got some good pictures of the kids swimming in the rain at Disney.

It looks like you had a great dinner at DTD!

We stayed at Pop in June and walked over to AoA. Nemo was the only open section but we got to look at the Cars section and take pictures it was almost ready to open.

I can't wait to hear about your family's fun adventures!
Hello!! Glad you found me! The nails were a first for us and I'm so glad we did them. We got compliments all week long and Ariana had such fun showing the characters. We have some pretty cute photopass pics.

I'll gladly take a 3am shuttle taking me to Disney any time! The pool shutting down was an unfortunate trend that week but at least somewhat predictable.

Our photopass pictures are here so I'll get going on our park days.

Quote:
Sorry, sometimes I just can't control the urge to be a smart @$$
Shocking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Demetri did a great job taking pictures!! I'll have to remember to start posting the ones Noah took...I keep forgetting because they are in a separate folder. Hmm...not sure about the trivia questions. If the boys were home they would probably know! Apparently, I need to brush up on my Disney trivia!
I liked Noah's pics in your last update. Keep trying on the trivia and have fun quizzing the boys on it!

Maybe our next family trip report will be in Demetri's words using only his pics.....
Old 11-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #43
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Toys at Play!

The intentions of our park days were to take it easy, have a few objectives planned around our ADRs and just see what the days brought. We did pretty well sticking to this game plan..... for the most part anyway and with a few very notable exceptions.

We headed on down to our favorite section of the park to get our game on...

Ariana was my partner this first round and her method of play makes me smile. Pulling the string is pretty much an after thought for her - with a grin plastered on her face she is constantly looking everywhere through out the game taking in all the action. Every once in a while I'd remind her with a laugh, "come on Ariana!" but points don't matter to her in the slightest. She's too busy enjoying it!

Heading out of the ride, George noticed the line up to meet Buzz and Woody was pretty small. We'd never met them here before so we hopped in line and had some fun with the cutouts along the way. "Silliness" was our theme...

It really wasn't that bad of a wait at all and very soon it was our turn to go around that last corner and say hello to our favorite Space Ranger and Sheriff Cowboy.

Continued in next post.....

Old 11-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #44
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Ariana's hugs can be pretty intense and it always impressess us trip after trip how wonderful the characters are with her, matching her hugs with just as much gusto and care. Demetri loved getting to say hello to one of his favorite buds to kick off the day - he was Buzz last year for Halloween. As we said our goodbyes with hearty waves and blowing kisses, George was getting a laugh when a woman was trying to enter the door we were exiting so she could get 'just a quick picture with the characters'. Perhaps she missed the line.

Not even a few steps out and guess who we saw next?

We adore the green army men and one was kind enough to have a quick dance with Ariana....

Up next.... Kachow and Duckie Who?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #45
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

I am normally a bit of a lurker on TR's, but I am loving the energy of yours. Your kids take great candid shots and I can just feel your excitment about staying at AoA. I'm in.
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: