Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Natalie.... present!!!!

The rooms look so cool. Maybe we will have to stay there someday

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 10-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #17
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Natalie.... present!!!!

The rooms look so cool. Maybe we will have to stay there someday
The girls would love it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

At the last minute we'd ditched our plans to get a rental car for our first day. Other trips when we had a room only ressie for arrival day, we'd gotten one so we could hit Walmart for room snackies and any souveniers we liked, but this year we opted to cab it instead. We had an ADR that night so wouldn't need to fend for ourselves for dinner either. Turned out to be a good decision, the driver was awesome and seemed to get us there and back much faster (and cheaper! ) than in years past, and we didn't have to worry about returning a rental.

Oh and check out the arch shot I got with my cell phone on the drive back! There's some schmutz on his windshield... but I'll take it!

The whole time we were shopping we couldn't wait to go swimming and now was our chance. George and the kids went ahead while I finished up a few last organizational things... I was about 10 minutes behind them. Grabbing my camera....

.... about to join them, it started to rain. I decided to grab a few more shots from that gap over Ariel's head then take my camera back to the room before swimming.

I really love the zoom on my new camera! Sebastian looks like he's singing in the shower.

Then the rain worsened considerably and the life guards whistled everyone out of the pool because of lightning in the area. I hadn't even made it to the water.

Back to the room and we decided to decorate our window. I'd gotten a silver and black ghost tinsel thingie and a few cute dollar store decals, and I'd also made a few decals at home too.

The pumpkins were supposed to have glowed in the dark but they didn't really.

About when we finished up, the rain subsided too so we headed out for DTD. It was sprinkling a bit still so we skirted through one of the Lion King buildings on the way to the main hall.

Love the decor and there were a few other things I would have liked to check out as we zipped through, but onwards we went. The rain had stopped completely as we came out the other end of the building and it was a short wait for the bus.

Strolling through DTD we saw the new Phineas & Ferb Reality setup we were going to come back to after dinner.

Speaking of dinner.....

Yum!!! One of our favorite places for dinner, it's a must do for us.

Though our server was sometimes hard to find, the meal was delicious as usual. Demetri was a little more excited than usual... we'd watched Hell's Kitchen before the trip and Wolfgang Puck himself was one of the guest judges. He was hoping he'd be there.

George and I had the Steak Frites (10oz flat iron steak with fries, arugula and crispy onions)....

Continued in next post.......

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 10-20-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #19
beckyboo76
Earning My Ears

I joining in!
Old 10-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

I didn't get a pic of it but Ariana's was a special order buttered penne pasta with no seasoning (she'd pick out each grain otherwise) and Demetri's was from the kids menu, Grilled breast of chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetables.

George opted to pass on dessert but it was carrot cake for me...

....and vanilla ice cream for both of the kids with a special birthday song for Ariana.

Tummies full, we headed back over to the short line at Phineas and Ferb.

Ariana still had room for one of her favorite treats, so George took her to the Candy Cauldron while Demetri and I waited in line and decided which skit to pick.

There are lots of different experiences with P&F, Agent P or Doofenshmirtz to choose from. You look at the giant screen above while it's on and at the end you pose for a picture that you later download from a website. The kids chose to rock out with guitars.

Here's the picture I downloaded....

We continued on strolling towards the Lego store, Ariana with her candy apple.

The Harley Davidson store was in a new spot and Demetri got to check one out.

Lego store! All the new structures were VERY awesome....

My personal favorite, Prince Philip and Malificent battling it out....

Demetri enjoyed building cars and racing the other children that were there...

Several victories under his belt and George wanted some free chocolate.

It was a pumpkin caramel chocolate this time that I really liked but he didn't care for.

Demetri got snagged briefly by Mr. Potato Head....

.... and we finished up with a quick pic at the Christmas spot.

Back home, Ariana and George walked up ahead while Demetri and I wanted some night time photos.

Continued in next post......

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 10-20-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #21
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Each day Demetri would try and remember the names of the dinglehopper and snarfblat on his own... early on some of the names he came out with were hysterical... but he did eventually get the names down pat.

Our first day had come to an end and though we didn't get to swim as much as we wanted to, everything else came together!

Next up... Hurray for Hollywood!

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 10-20-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #22
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyboo76 View Post
I joining in!
Welcome aboard!!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

wasn't it annoying how much the pools got closed

I love your pics of the resort, I am so glad you liked it!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 10-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #25
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Hi Tracy...I was excited to see a new TR from you! Love all the pics from AoA, especially the LM room, it all looks amazing

Wow that rain really came down hard, too bad your pool time was cut short.

Fun evening at DTD, the Phineas and Ferb activity looks cool
Old 10-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #26
msengle4
Earning My Ears

Your pictures are lovely! The resort looks like so much fun.

Just got home from our trip so No countdown at all. Nothing.... Post Disney Depression Commencing
Old 10-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #27
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Awesome photos of AoA... It's like being immersed in a cartoon... really vivid evocative imagery...

Yeah on Ariana's Sweet 16th and yeah on spending it at Disney...

(btw-I'm glad the house was still standing when you got home...that's always a plus... I'm going to be facing that same situation in December )

I think David may need a plush Perry...or I may need one...

We love WPE and those Steaks look pretty darn good

Looking forward to reading more...
Old 10-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #28
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
wasn't it annoying how much the pools got closed

I love your pics of the resort, I am so glad you liked it!!!
Yup, this was the rainiest trip I've had so far. I was chatting with a lifeguard on one such aborted swimming excursion and he said they wait 30 minutes past the last lightning strike before reopening. Demetri and I were sitting outside the main hall one early evening waiting for a storm to pass - just when you think it's clearing up - ZAP! - restart your 30 minute count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey Tracy,

New Trippie... yeah...

Saw some great pictures...subbing on and going back to read...

Hey Triple-P!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Hi Tracy...I was excited to see a new TR from you! Love all the pics from AoA, especially the LM room, it all looks amazing

Wow that rain really came down hard, too bad your pool time was cut short.

Fun evening at DTD, the Phineas and Ferb activity looks cool
Hello!! Glad you're here! There were definately some pretty intense storms this trip and they seemed to hit around the same time. I remember one person on a bus ride remarking you could practically set your watch to it!

It was a nice relaxed night at DTD. George thought he was being funny at one point going up to a DVC kiosk and asking them to send us info. Told me with a smile he had to keep my hopes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msengle4 View Post
Your pictures are lovely! The resort looks like so much fun.
Hello and Thanks for joining in! I really loved the resort, switching really worked out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Awesome photos of AoA... It's like being immersed in a cartoon... really vivid evocative imagery...

Yeah on Ariana's Sweet 16th and yeah on spending it at Disney...

(btw-I'm glad the house was still standing when you got home...that's always a plus... I'm going to be facing that same situation in December )

I think David may need a plush Perry...or I may need one...

We love WPE and those Steaks look pretty darn good

Looking forward to reading more...
The theming was incredible.... Demetri was chomping at the bit to go check out the Cars section but he had to hold off until our first resort day. Arrival day went so fast!

I was in contact with Alex via texting most days while we gone. One time I'd fired off about four questions at once asking him if he had any funny money left, was he eating well, was his uncle checking in on him and if the house was still standing. He replied "Yes, yes, yes, and you'll have to find out when you get here."

Yes you do need a Perry! We have both Perry as the cross eyed pet platypus and as Agent P with his fedora. Demetri left his beloved Bunny at home to bring Perry!

The steaks were absolutely divine and tied with my favorite meal of the trip. The meal later in the week that it tied with surprised me.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #29
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great update!!

Sorry about the rain and not being able to get any pool time. Glad that it let up for your trip to DTD though....

The Phineas and Ferb reality setup looked really cute!! Noah would love that! It's only for a limited time though...right?

Glad you enjoyed Wolfgang Puck again! Your dinner looks very yummy!!

The picture of Demetri and Mr. Potato head is too cute!!

Old 10-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #30
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great update!!

Sorry about the rain and not being able to get any pool time. Glad that it let up for your trip to DTD though....

The Phineas and Ferb reality setup looked really cute!! Noah would love that! It's only for a limited time though...right?

Glad you enjoyed Wolfgang Puck again! Your dinner looks very yummy!!

The picture of Demetri and Mr. Potato head is too cute!!
Last I'd read the P&F reality thing was only until December 1st. Not sure why they wouldn't keep it there longer if it's popular. Our wait in line was 15 minutes, moving pretty steady. I hope it stays!

George isn't crazy about the onion crisps at WPC so he dumped all of his on mine.... yummmmmmmm!

Demetri was funny... I'd told him before we left for the trip that some of my favorite photos were the silly ones so whenever he remembered he tried to be goofy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: