Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
BrownFam
Hey mister grumpy gills Life's full of little spills Don't throw your fins up in disgust Oh what's the use of floatin' there Not going anywhere? Swish your tail And dive on in And trust.

TKA's Travels July 2012 Walt Disney World Trip Report

Better Late Than Never????

Hello There!

Ok, I promised the DIS a trip report from our July Trip, and wow, am I slow!?!? I kept meaning to get to it, I really really did, but then I started editing the videos, and that was ALOT of editing, insane amounts...

And we took more trips, it was a trip crazy year! July Disneyworld, August Disneyworld, September Disneyland, October Universal, November Orlando...

None of these are good excuses for me to be as lax in delivering my promise as I have been. It is seriously wrong of me!

So I am here to apologize! I want to start posting the details to these trips, and photos, and links to video. So here I am, to make good on this promise.

So,

Let's see if I can figure out how to do this.

Hmm, I need a few more posts before I can link photos...

Ok,

This is one!

www.facebook.com/tkastravels
@tkastravels
www.youtube.com/tkastravels
Old 04-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
BrownFam
Hey mister grumpy gills Life's full of little spills Don't throw your fins up in disgust Oh what's the use of floatin' there Not going anywhere? Swish your tail And dive on in And trust.

Another Post

I am still a few posts shy of being able to post photos, and how can I truly create an amazing post without photos?

I know, its madness! So prepare to view the spam!

Or, dodge this thread, let it grow with meaningless ramblings in order to allow me to reach that lofty goal of 10 initial posts!

I can do it,

Just keep swimming on!

(just pretend you see the rotfl2 icon here)

@tkastravels
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
BrownFam

Hey,

I just quick-replied to my own message... Does this mean I am talking to myself? Oh my, I am surely losing my..
Oh, Shiny Thing!

@tkastravels
Old 04-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
BrownFam

Signature Fix

I am just adjusting my signature, pay me no mind.

Regards,

Tim

@tkastravels
Old 04-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
BrownFam

Introductions

Now, to introduce the starting lineup for the TKA's Travels July 2012 Walt Disney World trip!

Tim And Kathy, also known as TK, /bow

I prefer to use an older and much more flattering photo. Although, if you have or wish to view our videos, you will see we have not changed too much

Alicia, our baby who is in college

Yes Alicia... I do think I am funny...

I do pity you, valued reader, as your here to listen to my silliness... Although, if you have sat here for this long and kept reading, it is surely your own fault. I cannot be blamed for your misery!

Back to the trip, /shinything off

She's the one on the right. The one in the center is Minnie Mouse, so stop thinking my wife and I have a baby who looks abnormally like the most loved lady mouse of all time!

More Introductions to Follow!

@tkastravels
Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
Rapunzel
Mouseketeer

Subscribing! What dates did you go in July? My daughter and I were there in the beginning of the month!
2012 ~ PoP

Type 1 Diabetes & the World: A July Trip Report!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960454

Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
BrownFam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
Subscribing! What dates did you go in July? My daughter and I were there in the beginning of the month!
Hello, and Thank You for Subscribing!

We were there from July 5th through the 11th.

Cheers!

Tim

@tkastravels
Old 04-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
BrownFam

Introductions Continued

And now, as promised, additional introductions!

To round out the cast of characters, we traveled with my DW's brother's family.

And we have Chris, Amanda and Ashley

They have traveled with us to Disney World on more than one occasion, as a matter of fact, it was with their family that I made my first trip! So they are very much to blame for my addiction.

Unfortunately Chris's wife, Traci, could not make the trip with us due to work. No worries though, you will meet her in a future trip, as she was in Disneyland. Thats a story for another day though.

Cheers,

Tim

@tkastravels
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #9
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
BrownFam

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Joining in!
Hello and Welcome!

@tkastravels
Old 04-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
BrownFam

Day 1 Part 1, "On the Road Again"

On the Road Again!

Hello Gentle Readers!

I honestly cannot say how excited I am to finally put this Trip Report to pen and paper, as it were. Of course, if I were actually utilizing pen and paper you would not be able to decipher it, so lets leave that alone and continue with posting it online.

Ok, how to start?

In a small house far far away...

Pfft, I seem unable to accurately portray the events of the morning, so let me just start at the beginning.

We had made a decision to visit Disney World in July! Wow, we must be insane, we've been to Florida in the summer months and we actually knew what we were getting into, but hey jack, its Disney World, whats comfort when discussed in conjunction with the Happiest Place on Earth???

The morning dawned and I was up bright and early, around 6:00 AM. A quick shower and tossing anything I thought I might need for our trip into a bag and I was ready! I grabbed my new camcorder and began filming the preparations. I had watched some videos on YouTube and thought it definitely looked like a fun way to "revisit" the trip.

Kathy and Alicia were soon up and ready and we received a call from Chris that they were on their way, so I quickly finished loading the car and took my camcorder outside to film Chris and the kids as they drove up.

A few hugs and hellos and we were off! We live (very lucky for us) within driving distance, so we jumped in our vehicles and headed down the road. The drive was your typical, anticipating each landmark on the path to pure bliss is both a fun and painful event! Fun in that you know your getting closer and closer, and painful in that you know how long it will be until you pass through the arches!

We had a quick stop for lunch and to refuel and soon enough we were passing over the Florida State Line. The next moment, I blinked and we were there! Pulling into Downtown Disney! /queue angelic music

Kathy and I needed to visit DD first in order to procure our Annual Passes. But not just ANY... PREMIUM! COAST TO COAST, OH YEAH!!! We had plans to visit Disneyland for the first time, so we would actually be able to justify the additional expense.

We got our passes and included a Tables in Wonderland membership, then we were off to the hotel to check in. We had dinner reservations that evening, and we did not want to be late!

Here is a link to the video of this portion of our trip!

http://youtu.be/cuquYbDGEeA

Continued in the Next Post!

@tkastravels

Last edited by BrownFam; 04-09-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
BrownFam

Day 1 Part 1, "On the Road Again"

And so we were off, to our hotel to get spruced up before dinner. We checked in to what has turned into one of my favorite hotels.

All Star Sports!

I am totally cheating and using photographs from a previous trip for this post. Please forgive me!

For some reason I had not taken any photos of the hotel, or if I have, I have not loaded them to photobucket yet. Either way, I apologize for the time space continuum issues which will surely result from my blatant disregard for historical photo accuracy!

As such, we got settled, changed and were off to dinner! Where oh Where did we decide to eat this evening, you ask? Why, rather than tell you, I shall show you:

It was Delightful! I honestly love Boma, I believe it could be one of my top 5 WDW restaurants. Unfortunately my wife does not agree, but she was a sport and ate with us this evening. Here is a shameless plug and a link to my video of this portion of the trip. Take a peek and let me know if you like it!

http://youtu.be/X1NxvchFziw

Continued

@tkastravels
Old 04-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
BrownFam

British Invasion

We leave for Disney in FOUR Days!!!!

Heya Guys,

Kathy and I are sooo excited!!! In just two days our friend Dean,

will be landing on American Soil for the first time!! He will be spending two weeks with us. We have soo many plans and I thought I would share them with you guys. Call it a Pre-Pre Trip Report, hiding within a Trip Report!

Dean arrives from the United Kingdom on Saturday evening. Our tentative plans are as follows

Sunday 4/14 We will be meeting with Kathy's brother's family. Chris,Traci, Ashley and Amanda all spent time with us and Dean when we went to London a couple of years ago. They are excited to be hanging out with him over here. We are planning on letting him sleep in a bit, then heading to the Rennaissance Festival. It opens this weekend and we think he'll get a kick out of it.

Monday 4/15 We get up early and Kathy, Dean and I will be driving to WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!
We will be arriving around 4:30 and we will run by All Star Sports to check in. Then we are off to Downtown Disney for a bit, before we have dining reservations at:

KONA CAFE

Then I plan to jump on the monorail and take a trip along its entire path.

This will be a great way for Dean to see the properties and give him a glimpse of Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

Tuesday 4/16 We will be up early to spend the day in EPCOT.

We have tentative plans to snack our way around the world, rather than eating a large lunch anywhere in particular. I am sure we will enjoy quite a few of these, as we do Drinking Around the World!

For dinner, I have made reservations to Nine Dragons.

Wednesday 4/17 We are going to try to get up early again and make it to Animal Kingdom for rope drop!

I am hoping to get Dean to ride this puppy with me, as my wife refuses to give it a shot. She doesnt care for anything that goes backwards.

We'll see how adventurous he is feeling.

After taking some time to enjoy Animal Kingdom, I am hoping to park hop to Hollywood Studios.

Here, we can enjoy the Hollywood which should have been, but never was. A delicious dinner at The Sci-Fi Diner will round out our evening. We will need to get to bed by a decent hour, as we have a VERY fun day planned next!!

Thursday 4/18

MAGIC KINGDOM

I have no dinner or lunch reservations at the park, because I want to be able to allow Dean to let us know what interests him. I do, however, plan to be here from rope drop until they shoo us out with brooms!

Friday the 18th we will be heading to our friends house in Tampa, to spend a couple of days, the on to Savannah to meet with Alicia.

We'll spend the last few days around the house, just relaxing and hanging out. We are hoping the trip will be...

Legen..

Wait for it..

Dary!!

Cheers!

Tim

@tkastravels
Old 04-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #14
BrownFam

Hey Guys,

I thought I would leave a quick note to let you know that I will continue this trip report when we return and I get a few minutes. As it stands, between getting ready, and work, I am soo busy that I am very surprised that I have found time to post this often.

Cheers,

Tim

@tkastravels
Old 04-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #15
BrownFam

We're Back

Hello Everyone

We've made it back and seen our friend off safely. He is back in the UK and I am back at work, catching up. Real Life threw us a curve while we were in Florida and had one of our toilet supply lines pop off and flood the first floor, basement and garage of our house. With that being said, I will update as I can, but my list of To Do items is pretty insane at the moment!

Cheers,

@tkastravels

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: