Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Cira
Mouseketeer

Question 1st STAY @ POFQ;Tips & Feedback Please

Will be staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter for the first time this coming December (closest to Christmas Day). Any tips on things to see there? I understand there is a boat that transports you to WDW or Epcot? Not sure which one. Any things to stay away from? Positives & Negatives please? Any suggestions on what we could enjoy there would be greatly appreciated. Have also stayed @ the Contemporary and GF in the past. Thanks again in advance. Cira

Last edited by Cira; 10-18-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Added a question.
Cira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

Boat takes you to DTD not Epcot. You must bus it to all parks.

We're staying for the first time in 2 weeks! Can't wait.

Edited to add you are going to WDW. Epcot is one of the 4 parks in WDW. The others are Magic Kindgom, Disney Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
NateTiff
Earning My Ears

I stayed there in January and loved it! We're staying there again this coming January. One tip: if you're going to take the water taxi at night, I remember it being really cold, so take a coat or scarf.
NateTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
FLCyndi
Mouseketeer

We stayed in May 1st time. Loved it. Quiet, parked very close to room, very green and lots of trees, everything is close, food court very nice-little to no waiting. Bus service worked well for us, only shared with Riverside a couple times. Took boat to DTD, nice ride in the evening. Easy check-in.
FLCyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
Cira
Mouseketeer

Thanks all!

Thank you so much everyone! We'll be in our car, so the water taxi was to take a nice leisurely "water stroll". Thanks for the DTD tip..too!
I hope to drive to WLodge and see their lobby, since it will be decorated for the holidays too! Thank you all again. Very much appreciated.
Cira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Spend some time checking out this very informative site.

http://www.portorleans.org/
Old 10-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Hello! We've been staying primarily deluxe for a while (every deluxe except GF!) but when we hit the peak Easter season rates earlier this year, I booked a split between POFQ and YC. I really liked POFQ for a mod, and it may be my favorite mod so far (have stayed in CSR, CBR and POFQ.)

If you've only stayed deluxe, I bet you'll be much happier if you manage expectations going in. At POFQ, I did miss the down comforters, the quiet air conditioning (although not so quiet at CR!) the balconies, bigger lobbies and the easy transportation that keeps us going back to deluxe resorts. But for the price we paid that week, and knowing it would be different, I was really happy with POFQ. The small size is wonderful, it's super clean, and it's very quaint. The store was very convenient and the CMs both in the store and Sassagoula's were great. The entire resort looks so peaceful and pretty at night, too.

Hope you have a wonderful stay!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/???)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #8
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hello! We've been staying primarily deluxe for a while (every deluxe except GF!) but when we hit the peak Easter season rates earlier this year, I booked a split between POFQ and YC. I really liked POFQ for a mod, and it may be my favorite mod so far (have stayed in CSR, CBR and POFQ.)

If you've only stayed deluxe, I bet you'll be much happier if you manage expectations going in. At POFQ, I did miss the down comforters, the quiet air conditioning (although not so quiet at CR!) the balconies, bigger lobbies and the easy transportation that keeps us going back to deluxe resorts. But for the price we paid that week, and knowing it would be different, I was really happy with POFQ. The small size is wonderful, it's super clean, and it's very quaint. The store was very convenient and the CMs both in the store and Sassagoula's were great. The entire resort looks so peaceful and pretty at night, too.

Hope you have a wonderful stay!
WL air not so quiet either

We go back and forth between Mods & deluxe. It;'s our 1st time this Jan at FQ, usually our mod of choice is POR, but excited to try something new. 2013 is going to be the year of trying "sister" resorts FQ & YC. We have already stayed at POR & BC
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: