Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

Girls Weekend!!! Quick report. No pictures :(

Just wanted to do a quick trip report for a quick girls weekend trip!!!

First of all we had an awesome time!!! We were there Feb 1-4th. One day at DHS, one day at MK then we were headed home. It was the perfect amount of time for two busy moms who start to miss their families .

The weather was spectacular!!! Fifties in the morning, and 70's during the day. Lovely.

We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort. I WAS NOT happy with this place. I actually felt really embarrassed bringing my friend here. She normally stays value so I thought it would be a real treat staying in a moderate. UGH!! We checked in at 1am. We were so tired and was met by a stinky room and only one comforter on one bed. I actually thought we got this room by accident for a minute. Nope....its ours. There was mold speckled throughout. You had to hold the flush on the toilet down for it to flush properly. The decore was just hodgepodge. I have stayed at PoR before and love it there. This place was subpar. Maybe we just got a bad room that needed serious refurbishment. It was still none the less disappointing. My room standards are insanely low and this was below that so to make me unhappy is quite a feat.

I didnt complain because it was late and we were only staying 3 nights and not spending any time in the room. They never gave us a second comforter. Hilarious.

The grounds and staff on the other hand are excellent. It is in need of a major overhaul. I won't be coming back until it's refurbished.

Anyhoo done with the complaining......

We started the first day with RD at DHS. I got to activate my first AP so that was exciting. We swiftly walked to TSM and got our FP then got in stand-by. Waited maybe 5 minutes. We had a quick breakfast at Starring Rolls. I had the chocolate croissant and a latte. Delicious. My friend had a poppyseed bagel and a coffee. She gave me the other half of her bagel and it was also fantastic. Wow what a morning. I was in heaven.

We rode TSM again. Got to ride ToT twice, RnR twice, great movie ride, Star Tours, Muppetts, Little Mermaid and went through One Mans Dream. We stopped for lunch at Rosies AA cafe for a burger and fries. So good.

Around 3 headed to DTD for our 5:00 reservation at WGPCafe. Took a bus to PoP and then to DTD. Did some shopping at World of Disney. Oh it's so hard to not buy everything there. So much cute stuff. Checked in at 4 and WGP Cafe was ready to seat us. Had sangria and relaxed. We shared a spicy salmon roll. Crazy good. We also shared a bar-b-q chicken pizza. Also delish.

Went to Ghirardelli soda fountain and got The World Famous sundae. Wouldn't recommend the waffle bowl. Not crisp at all. The sundae itself was great!

We called it a night early as we were insanely tired from the previous night. Called it quits at 8pm.

Next day was MK rope drop. Had a big breakfast at CBR cafeteria. I have never done the rope drop before. WHAT A TREAT!!! I can never get my family up early enough. I loved the show. I almost....ALMOST....wept with joy. Everyone waving at you down Main St. I was so stinking happy!!!

We ran back to new Fantasyland to get FP for LM but she was BROKEN!! NOOOO!!! Ok over to ETwB. Waited about 15 minutes. It was so cute!!! The little kids are so fun to watch. We did get a little emotional because it is quite touching. Great attraction. Got FP for Peter Pan. Rode Pooh and Peter Pan. By that time we needed to get in line to eat at BoG for lunch. Got in line at 10:30 and waited about 30 minutes.

We both got the tuna nicoise salad. I got a strawberry creamcheese cupcake. The salad was excellent!!! I don't know if anyone else couldn't figure out the cupcake but I sure couldn't. I don't think the outer wrapping was meant to come off. I ate it with a fork. Please let me know if there's a secret to the eating of the cupcake. It was great by the way. BoG was neat. I don't know why I expected it to be bigger but I was surprised. We ate in the west wing. Wonderful QS experience. Get in line early. By the time we came out the line wrapped around the wall. Im coming back in May and have a reservation for dinner here. I can't wait to see if it's alot different for dinner.

Rode BTMRR twice, HM, IaSW, Pirates, Tiki Room, Country Bears, and Jungle Cruise.

We had Dole Whips. She got a swirl and I got a float with vanilla icecream in the pineapple juice. So good!!! I had only had the pineapple icecream before and wasn't thrilled. It started melting so quick it was a pain to keep clean. This was so much better. Take a little bite of icecream and a sip of juice. Mmmmmmmm.....Then when you get half way done mix it all together for another treat!!! Line was long. Probably the longest line we waited in all day! haha

By 3ish LM was open!!! YAY!!! We ran over and waited 30 minutes. Had to laugh because the part where you're under the sea the dancing Ariel was broken. She wasn't moving at all but her eyes were all goofy looking. Both pupils pointing toward her shoulders. She looked soooo bad!!! Geeze throw a blanket over her or something. Don't let the kids see Ariel this way!!!! After the ride we walked through Gaston's to see the new eats!! Looked really good. We had other plans though.

Moved over to Tomorrowland. Rode SM, CoP, and Laugh Floor.

Had a great meal at Tony's Townsquare. I know this place gets panned all the time and I can't for the life of me understand why. We walked up cause we didn't have a reservation and hoped for the best. HAZAA!!!!! Fifteen minutes. The host was an older man. So nice to talk to. Our server was so fun and hilarious.

We split a Parmesean bread appetizer. Hit the spot. I had chicken parm and she got the shrimp scampi. Mine was sooo good. Chicken was hot and juicy. There wasn't alot of sauce on the dish but it was great. She picked the sundried tomatoes out of her dish as they were plentiful and a little chewy but she LOVED the dish. We both agreed it was our favorite meal of the trip. We left completely satisfied and happy as can be.

We shopped at the Emporium and picked up our souvineers for the family. Then headed to the Confectionary for sweets!! She got ONE chocolate covered strawberry...(what a prude!) I got a chocolate covered smores. She loved her strawberry. Mine was good but I should never have strayed from the chocolate covered rice crispy treat. I can't believe I tried to find something better. It was good though. The only part I was let down about is the marshmallow. I thought it would be more of a fluff but it was like the sponge kind of marshmallow. Ah well. I ended up throwing away the last 2 bites as I was experiencing chocolate overload!!!!

We started to line up for what we thought was a parade. We had even asked if a parade was that night (Sunday) and people were all lined up along the street so we followed the crowd. No parade. Felt lame for not knowing better but was pleasantly surprised because it was a "Celebrate the Magic" night!!!! Soooooo good!!! I was in tears by the end. So much better than a parade. BLISS!!! Wishes was promptly after and moving as usual. Such a great day at MK. It really couldn't have been better. We called it a night after Wishes. Took the final walk down Main St and jumped right on the CBR bus (shock).

Next morning had a big breakfast at CBR again and caught the Magic Express at 8:55. Love the Magic Express!!

It was such a great time. I highly recommend a quick weekend. I know some people think it's not enough time to make it worth the trip but it was sooooo worth it. Bigger isn't always better says I.

So glad you read my report. If you have any questions fire away!!!

Disney Love

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: