Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #61
Bunchkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Yay!!! You found me!! Trying to post a few more bits before T/T time. Hope the kids are doing great! Your DD looked absolutely beautiful in her homecoming dress! These kids sure are growing up.
POR has proved to be my favorite moderate. It wasn't that CBR or CSR weren't beautiful. They were and we had an awesome time, but they are both so spread out. Despite the odor in the room, the grounds were gorgeous.
Thanks for the comment about the homecoming dress!
The kids are doing really well, thanks.

Did you stay at CBR? I thought CSR, I guess I'm confused....as usual. Never been to either resort.

The dolphin pics are awesome!! Everyone looks happy!! Can't wait to see what else it in store.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #62
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Wow! Wow! Wow! I can certainly see why your daughter chose to do the dolphin swim/meet/whatever you call it/thingie. You can tell by the smile on her face that she was having a great time!
As much as I missed the park hopping this summer, she did, indeed, make an awesome choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Discovery Cove was the highlight of our trip and the dolphin swim the highlight of the highlight (if that makes sense). DC comes so close to being "Disney-like" due to it's theming, great CM's and attractions. I'm with your kids...I want to go back!!

Great TR....can't wait to read more.
I completely understand your highlight of the highlights. Thanks for the compliment on the TR. I am having fun reliving the magic. Funny how you forget things until you go back and put the days in order with the photos and then check your notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
I know I mentioned this before, but saying it again...I love the family photo of you guys with the dolphin, and love DD's kiss pic with the dolphin! What great shots!!! Your whole day sounds so fantastic; we may actually give it a try one of these days!
Thanks Cindy. You would have a wonderful time! And now the newest section is open as well with the monkeys and otters. It was supposed to be open when we went, but they were running behind schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunchkin View Post
Thanks for the comment about the homecoming dress!
The kids are doing really well, thanks.

Did you stay at CBR? I thought CSR, I guess I'm confused....as usual. Never been to either resort.

The dolphin pics are awesome!! Everyone looks happy!! Can't wait to see what else it in store.
Sorry I confused you. We stayed with the kids this summer at CSR and then a couple of nights at the Poly. But we made the grand rounds of many resorts just to check them all out for future reference. Then, this fall I went with another mom, and we stayed at CBR. I stayed at POR in 2009. So this first batch of hotel photos is CSR with our side trips to other resorts as well.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #63
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Finishing up Day 5

We had a little over an hour left. So we decided to make another trip to the aviary. The birds weren't nearly as greedy now, so we were mostly just looking.

We made another quick pass of the Grand Reef and then headed to the showers. Everything is there for you. If I recall correctly, the shampoos and soaps were Crabtree and Evelyn scents.

Once we were all showered and shopped in the gift shops, it was time to head out.
We decided since it was still early, we would head over to the Beach Club/Boardwalk for a little evening fun and entertainment.

We passed a CM who was handy with a broom and some water.

We made the trek from the Beach Club on over to the Boardwalk

and had a cheap dinner of corn dogs and chicken sandwiches. While we waited for our dinner, DS got in on the entertainment.......

It's about 10min long, but rather entertaining if you have the time to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxlIsvr4Wo4

After the entertainment concluded, we decided it was time to try out the surrey bikes. Now, I don't have any photos because, while I was thinking we would take a nice leisurely cruise around the lake, pause for some photos, and enjoy the 30min, DH had other ideas. Another group rented the bikes at the same time, and the men folk all decided it would be great to turn the nice leisurely cruise into the Indy 500. We were so busy peddling and racing the other group that I completely forgot to take a moment for photos. When we returned, I was so pooped, I forgot again.

Time for a little relaxation!

Everyone was fairly tired by this time, so we decided it was time to head back. I needed to do a little as well or we'd be needing to turn the undies inside out for another wear!!(totally kidding-we would never do this )

By the time I'd returned to our room, everyone was sound asleep. No plans for morning. We'd be sleeping in! Yea, right! I'm in Disney, people!! I can sleep when I'm dead!!!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 11-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #64
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Wow! DC just sounds so wonderful...and you have me with the otters. I love otters...LOVE them!!!

Too funny about the Indy500 surrey bike race. Did you guys win???
Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #65
KatMark
DIS Veteran

That does it...we are doing Discovery Cove for our 30th next year if I have to rob the kids' piggy bank! Wait, they don't have a piggy bank anymore. Well, whatever, we are going.

What a great day and so much to do.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the family picture with the dolphin.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #66
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Wow! DC just sounds so wonderful...and you have me with the otters. I love otters...LOVE them!!!

Too funny about the Indy500 surrey bike race. Did you guys win???
Yes, actually. We did win. You know my lovely DH just couldn't let someone beat him in a race-not Mr. Nascar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
That does it...we are doing Discovery Cove for our 30th next year if I have to rob the kids' piggy bank! Wait, they don't have a piggy bank anymore. Well, whatever, we are going.

What a great day and so much to do.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the family picture with the dolphin.
Thank you. That was my favorite photo-with the package we bought, we got one supersized.
Maybe I should do the commercial for DC!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #67
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Before I go on with day 6, I thought I would take a moment to post my thoughts on Discovery Cove. As I said at the start, tickets are really expensive ($289 per person plus tax for our tix). But, besides the day at Discovery Cove, we also received 14 days' admission at Sea World (or Busch Gardens) and Aquatica that could be used before or after our DC day. We did spend some $$ on souveniers and I bought the photo/DVD package for $233. With that package we received 2 photo keychains with photos in them and a 3rd keychain sized photo, 8 6x8 sized photos, a photo album, and a very large wall print, and also, the CD with release of all the photos taken throughout the park that day and the DVD of the dolphin swim. Beyond those purchases we needed no other money and no items-though I do recommend water shoes if you have tender feet. The rocks can be hard on your feet walking across, and the sand is most definitely toasty.

Everything you could possibly need there is supplied. They give you sunscreen-you must use the brand they have as it is safe for their fish and animals. I was thinking I may need more, but we had plenty for the 4 of us-each person receives their own little sample pack. Towels are supplied and are easy to access. You are provided with a wet suit, mask and snorkel for use-you keep the snorkel. And, as I said earlier, soap, shampoo and lotions are supplied in the locker rooms.

And there is food and drinks available all day for the asking at no additional charge. There are snacks available all day-trail mix packs, hot pretzels, chips, cookies, crackers, ice cream sandwiches or frozen fruit bars, fruit, and for drinks you could get soft drinks, water, beer, frozen mango coladas or pina coladas (of course, you needed your ID when you checked in in the morning and they code your ID badge so the CMs know if you are of age to drink).

There were disposable underwater cameras available in the gift shop for purchase if you didn't bring your own. It was just an awesome day all around. And YES! I would absolutely do it again in a heartbeat. (I may leave out the dolphin swim/photo package purchase on the next trip, though). We loved the swim with the dolphins, but for the cost savings, we could skip that part next time. It was one of those "once in a lifetime" experiences. I was very glad to have shared that fun and excitement with our kids. Their faces had smiles going all day long. And they still talk about it months later.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #68
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Before I go on with day 6, I thought I would take a moment to post my thoughts on Discovery Cove. As I said at the start, tickets are really expensive ($289 per person plus tax for our tix). But, besides the day at Discovery Cove, we also received 14 days' admission at Sea World (or Busch Gardens) and Aquatica that could be used before or after our DC day. We did spend some $$ on souveniers and I bought the photo/DVD package for $233. With that package we received 2 photo keychains with photos in them and a 3rd keychain sized photo, 8 6x8 sized photos, a photo album, and a very large wall print, and also, the CD with release of all the photos taken throughout the park that day and the DVD of the dolphin swim. Beyond those purchases we needed no other money and no items-though I do recommend water shoes if you have tender feet. The rocks can be hard on your feet walking across, and the sand is most definitely toasty.

Everything you could possibly need there is supplied. They give you sunscreen-you must use the brand they have as it is safe for their fish and animals. I was thinking I may need more, but we had plenty for the 4 of us-each person receives their own little sample pack. Towels are supplied and are easy to access. You are provided with a wet suit, mask and snorkel for use-you keep the snorkel. And, as I said earlier, soap, shampoo and lotions are supplied in the locker rooms.

And there is food and drinks available all day for the asking at no additional charge. There are snacks available all day-trail mix packs, hot pretzels, chips, cookies, crackers, ice cream sandwiches or frozen fruit bars, fruit, and for drinks you could get soft drinks, water, beer, frozen mango coladas or pina coladas (of course, you needed your ID when you checked in in the morning and they code your ID badge so the CMs know if you are of age to drink).

There were disposable underwater cameras available in the gift shop for purchase if you didn't bring your own. It was just an awesome day all around. And YES! I would absolutely do it again in a heartbeat. (I may leave out the dolphin swim/photo package purchase on the next trip, though). We loved the swim with the dolphins, but for the cost savings, we could skip that part next time. It was one of those "once in a lifetime" experiences. I was very glad to have shared that fun and excitement with our kids. Their faces had smiles going all day long. And they still talk about it months later.
Ditto to everything said! Our family visited DC this past May 2012 and it was the best! We would definately go back, especially since they've opened up the new Freshwater Oasis area. Great TR! I love revisiting our visit through your eyes. Can't wait to read more.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 11-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #69
Bunchkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is pricey for one day, but you did get the other admission to the other parks. Did you go to either parks?
And every thing else does seem to be included that you could possibly need. Cool!

Great video!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #70
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Ditto to everything said! Our family visited DC this past May 2012 and it was the best! We would definately go back, especially since they've opened up the new Freshwater Oasis area. Great TR! I love revisiting our visit through your eyes. Can't wait to read more.
Thank you. I have headed over to lurk in your reports-keep wandering from one to the other. Hoping to get a chance to sit down and read next week but looks like great fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunchkin View Post
That is pricey for one day, but you did get the other admission to the other parks. Did you go to either parks?
And every thing else does seem to be included that you could possibly need. Cool!

Great video!
Kyle was so funny, I was cracking up that afternoon!
We did head to Sea World, as you will soon see. Hoping to get another update in sometime today if I get the chance between (hmmm, smilies are missing ) Nutcracker perfomances and dirty laundry!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #71
rmom50
DIS Veteran

TIGGERRN.... Finally made it over here and so glad I did! Your pictures are great - what a healthy, happy group you appear to be ... Have never been to DC and really appreciate the info on that - looks like fun. Thanks for sharing this with us . I'll be watching for updates .
Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #72
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmom50 View Post
TIGGERRN.... Finally made it over here and so glad I did! Your pictures are great - what a healthy, happy group you appear to be ... Have never been to DC and really appreciate the info on that - looks like fun. Thanks for sharing this with us . I'll be watching for updates .
Yay!!! A new (old) friend joining in!!! Updates coming soon. Been a little hectic around here this week with Nutcracker and DS has book fair this week at school, but trying to get some photos loaded tonight so I can move on to day 6.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #73
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

June 19th-Day 6: a little rest, a little park, a little exploration

Where did we leave off? Ahhh Yes. People were sleeping in! By people, I am assuming you know that I, myself was not included in such a blasphemous act at Disney World!
I was up early, as usual. Now, mind you, at home I would prefer to have the opportunity sleep in as often as possible. I suppose that has more to do with the excitement of the prospects of the day when one is spending said day at home,,,,, or maybe , or possibly..
But at Disney, I am the first to bound out of bed like , ready to do something fun. However, those who (whom-never did figure that one out) I had along with me were sound asleep. So out I went with camera in hand.

Off to fill my mug.....taking the long way around!

We'll start this tour in the Ranchos section. I really did like the looks of it over here the best of the 3 sections.

the quiet pool

more Ranchos

moving on to the Casitas section, with a look toward the convention center

Now, I really didn't think this section was very pretty at all. Strange since it is given the distinction of preferred area, houses the spa and lap pool as well as the fitness center, and has all the pretty fountains (though most were turned off and had no water in them during our stay )
Old 11-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #74
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Day 6 continues

On to the Casitas:

the "quiet, lap pool"

Some early morning friends out fishing!

I stopped into El Centro here and filled my mug for a drink. Then headed into Panchitos to do some shopping. Picked up a necklace for DD and Vinylmations for DS, grabbled a couple of CSR pins and my Mickey Ice Cream Bar T-shirt that I had been dying to get since seeing it months before on the parks shopping site.

By then I figured it was time to return towards our room. DD was just rousing and having herself a bowl of cereal brought from home with milk from our fridge. I decided to wander on down to the pool.

peaceful hot tub

the sand before the kids trample in it

nice little playground area for the kids, but I bet that slide gets hot to the tush.

maybe this one is a little better. I didn't test it out.

Here's the stairs up to the pool slide. Love the greenery around the pool here.

and finally, the Dig Site pool (before the opening)

this is the path just outside the pool entrance and the first set of stairs there are the ones we took up to our room. Nice to be so close to the pool.

I decided I'd hang around there and wait til they opened the pool. The lifegaurds have some sort of welcoming each morning at 10:00 and then the first kids there get to open the slide after the water is flowing.

I was trying to load the video I had of the opening, but photobucket isn't cooperating. So I will leave you here for tonight.
Up next.....will the lazy daisies ever get out of bed so we can get on with our day?................

Last edited by Tiggerrn2; 11-06-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #75
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

Love these pictures of CSR!! It's our favorite resort!! Others do rope drop at the parks- me I like to do "rope drop" by the pool!! It's the best thing to do when you have two teen boys that have to sleep in.

(Me) (DH) (DS20) (DS17) (Jill) (Larry) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: