Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #16
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Better late than never. Now I gotta go back and read all the details.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm all caught up. I am loving the pictures! We drive through Chattanooga on our way to Lacey and Jesse's and I've always wanted to stop at Ruby Falls and Look Out Mountain. Oh and I'm a big fan of cave tours! Love love love them. John? Not so much.

Girl, your picture was not that bad. I'm serious. That grimace on your face was definitely not as bad as my Hannibal Lector face.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
My work does that all the time while I'm off or on vacation...and they know I'm off or on vacation!

That area of TN is soooooo pretty...although I'm pretty sure I know the off-the-beaten-path area you are speaking of. Laura and I ended up there as well trying to make our way to Ruby Falls. Ummmmm, yeah...and that was back in the pre-GPS days!

Rock climbing always looks so fun to me (and Caitlin makes it look so easy - I'm sure her 9 years in ballet have made her leg muscles perfect for climbing), but I can sooooo see myself either falling or not being able to pull myself up! One of these days, though!

Can't wait to see what you have planned next!
It's pretty easy for Kellie to do the rock wall too. That ballet stuff really must be a great workout! And you will love what's next. Time to be moving on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Okay, I'm all caught up. I am loving the pictures! We drive through Chattanooga on our way to Lacey and Jesse's and I've always wanted to stop at Ruby Falls and Look Out Mountain. Oh and I'm a big fan of cave tours! Love love love them. John? Not so much.

Girl, your picture was not that bad. I'm serious. That grimace on your face was definitely not as bad as my Hannibal Lector face.
OK, you have me there. Your Hannibal Lector was a bit funnier than my painful grimace! Thanks for joining in. Things will pick up now-much more fun to be had coming up!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 10-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #19
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Moving on...to Day 3, Saturday, June 16th

After dinner, we returned to the hotel for some relaxation. Kids thought about swimming, but the pool in the hotel was pretty small. I was trying to decide what to do about the next day. We had no hotel reservations because I wasn't sure where we would be for Saturday evening. I called WDW Reservations just to check and see if Coronado Springs had availability to add and what it would cost. SCORE!! I was able to keep my old "room only" discount I'd originally booked with and add the day!
So, the new plans were set. Time to pack up and prepare to move on to bigger and better vacations. As you can tell, I was in a hurry to get to WDW!
Up early the next morning, breakfast and then a quick run over to Wal-Mart for some snacks/lunch items for the road. And we were off by 9:53 in the morning.

Onward, right through.........

The Atlanta 500!!!!! So glad DH was driving now because this section of the drive always makes me crazy!!

Getting closer.....

And closer!!!!!

Almost there!!!! Tigger is sort of in the way of my photo ops, sorry.

We're here!!!!

And the fights (errrr.....fun) begins!!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 10-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #20
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Day 3 continues

Arrival time 6:40pm. Not too bad. Time to go in and see if any of my requests were granted-booked standard and requested Cabana section 8A. The lobby was very quiet. Walked right up to on-line check in and had no problems with check in.

The shops were virtually empty as well, so we had a quick look around.

Did we get it?

We got it!!

We did not have a water view, but this building is very close to the Dig Site pool (where the kids would spend their next couple of days when we were at the resort), and we were just up the stairs from the sidewalk.
We are the upstairs room with the light on inside.

OK, photobucket is acting very crazy tonight, so I am going to stop here and continue tomorrow. Hopefully, pb will behave itself then.

Last edited by Tiggerrn2; 10-24-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #21
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed my little town of Chattanooga. It is beautiful here. Can't wait to read more.

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .
Old 10-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #22
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Awesome you were able to add the extra night on! Disney has always been very good with that on our trips as well. We usually end up tacking on a night at the end of the trip while we are already down there. They let us keep whatever discount we have in place, and all but maybe one time we were able to stay in the same room as well! Nice score!!!

And wonderful they granted your request for the Cabanas section. Twice I have stayed at CSR and requested NOT to be in the Casitas sections. Twice they have put me there, and each time I asked if they could change me, which they could not. And both times were for one night only! As much as I love the grounds at the resort, I am in no hurry to get back! How did you like the Cabanas section?

Old 10-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #23
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattaAlley View Post
Glad you enjoyed my little town of Chattanooga. It is beautiful here. Can't wait to read more.
Thanks for joining in. I do love it in Chattanooga. I don't know why it never occurred to me to ask here on the DisBoards if anyone had any suggestions of other things to do there. I am sure I would have received some awesome ideas. It is very pretty in this area. NEXT TIME!!!

Quote:
How did you like the Cabanas section?
This is actually a great location for being close to the main pool and not having a far walk to refill those mugs. Plus, they will refill at the pool bar when it is open. And, if you are lucky (or if you are willing to pay for it) that building had a great view! I would walk around the corner to the other hallway and down and just look at the lagoon in the morning. Very pretty!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #24
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

What is that smell?!

Forgot to say that when you check in you are at the main building, and you have to drive around the outer circle to get to your parking lot for your section. Not difficult, but the circle around CSR is quite large and every time we pulled into CSR the GPS would say turn left to CO RAY NA DOE Circle. Made me laugh every time. Our GPS apparently came with an accent.
Sooooo, we opened the door to......

and

and

the bathroom-we had the grapefruit scented shampoo/conditioner combo and soap and lotion. Not one of their best choices IMHO

So we went out to the car and began unloading. Then, it hit me! The longer we were in the room, the more I was sure it wasn't very fresh smelling in there. It smelled like old, sour towels. We were in a bit of a rush to go get a bite to eat and find some entertainment, so I called housekeeping and requested they come do something about the odor while we were out.

We were on our way over here.......(photos taken at my 2009 trip)

and stopped in here for dinner......

DD had an order of breadsticks, DH had the garlic chicken basket and some fruit , I had the fish basket and DS had......what else.....pizza! Sorry I didn't take any photos. Bad Disser! Everything was very good. We purchased our refillable mugs and then wandered over.....

to the lounge for a great show!!!! The photos tell the tale.

this one is blurry, sorry

and finally..

This show is always so much fun! We stayed til the end, singing and dancing and just enjoying ourselves. Once the show was over, we decided we were pooped, and it was time to head back for some rest.

Would the smell be gone when we returned?!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #25
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Interesting odor! I sure hope they were able to nip that one in the bud!

Looks like you had a good time over at POR. We love Scat Cat's at POFQ, but have not made it to the show at Riverside. Thinking we need to check that one out sometime.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #26
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Hope the smell was gone when you returned to your room! Very nice TR. Looking forward to more.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 10-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #27
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Interesting odor! I sure hope they were able to nip that one in the bud!

Looks like you had a good time over at POR. We love Scat Cat's at POFQ, but have not made it to the show at Riverside. Thinking we need to check that one out sometime.
YeeHa Bob's show is great! So much fun. Definitely head over and check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Hope the smell was gone when you returned to your room! Very nice TR. Looking forward to more.
Thank you for joining in. Hope you enjoy the rest. Much more to come.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #28
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

End of day 3-on to Day 4 Jun17th

We returned to the room ready to hit the sack. Opened the door.......
still smelly. Not sure anyone from housekeeping even stopped by. Everyone else just got ready for bed. Guess I'm blessed to have the nose that knows! YUK!! I set about trying to locate the source of the smell......I believe it's the shower curtain! OK....everyone else is asleep! We'll deal with it tomorrow.
We all slept in, guess the vacation and all the driving has caught up with the troops. Around 9:30 we were stirring and decided to head over to grab some breakfast.
Looking off our 2nd floor building towards El Centro and at the little beach right by 8A building

As we were leaving the room, the housekeeper was just outside the door. I asked her to please check into the odor in our room and even told her I believed it was the shower curtain. She said she would check it out. We headed off over to El Centro to see about breakfast.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #29
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I'm hoping that the nasty smell isn't in the room when you get back from breakfast.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #30
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

What a pretty view! So, so, so much better than the Casitas. Oy! Not sure what I would do about that smell though. Yucko!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: