Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 03:59 AM   #1
stefani_
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 143

Transportation between resorts when doing a split stay

Hi all,

I have a split stay planned for my upcoming trip. We will be staying in CBR for a few nights, and then spending our last night at a Deluxe (BC/YC/GF to be determined). We will not have a car with us. Is the only way to get from CBR after check-out to our Deluxe to check-in to take the park buses, and then transfer to a bus (or other transport) that will take us to the Deluxe? Is there a better way? Or does anyone have any other tips to share?

Thanks!
stefani_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,090

If you want to check out of CBR and go straight to the next resort to check in, the easiest way would be to take a cab. If you plan to go to a park that morning and check into the 2nd resort later in the day, you could leave your luggage with bell services at CBR and tell them which resort you are transferring to and they will take care of getting your luggage to that resort. You can then check in at the new resort whenever you're ready. Have a great trip.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,767

We prefer to take a cab with our luggage in the morning to move. We do early check in.
But Disney will move you as mentioned.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
stefani_
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
If you want to check out of CBR and go straight to the next resort to check in, the easiest way would be to take a cab. If you plan to go to a park that morning and check into the 2nd resort later in the day, you could leave your luggage with bell services at CBR and tell them which resort you are transferring to and they will take care of getting your luggage to that resort. You can then check in at the new resort whenever you're ready. Have a great trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We prefer to take a cab with our luggage in the morning to move. We do early check in.
But Disney will move you as mentioned.
Thank you for the tip! I have never read anywhere about being able to just leave my bags... so Disney can transfer my luggage for me without any charge? That sounds perfect! Then we can just go somewhere to relax and then head to our second resort to check-in at leisure
stefani_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,450
DISboards Moderator

Early in the morning that you are due to check out of CBR, just call Luggage Assistence (or take the bags there yourself) and have them come to your room and take the bags. They will tag them with the destination info, and then get them delivered to whatever resort you want. BUT...something to keep in mind..it isn't a quick service. You may not get your bags until late afternoon/early evening. That has been my experience every single time I have done this..and I've done it about 8 times!!
If you do it that way, you can head to a park for that day, and then around lunchtime, head to the new resort via Disney transportation.
Or, you can just take a cab to the new resort, with your bags in hand, first thing in the morning. That way, you'll have your bags there, so you can unpack as soon as you get your room.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
pixarmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,320

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefani_ View Post
Thank you for the tip! I have never read anywhere about being able to just leave my bags... so Disney can transfer my luggage for me without any charge? That sounds perfect! Then we can just go somewhere to relax and then head to our second resort to check-in at leisure
We love split stays!

Cab. We usually take a cab in the morning, just based on park plans. For example, when we transfer to YC, and want to spend the day at DHS. Or when we transfer to CR, and want to spend the day at MK. The other reason we've used the cab is when we really need something in our luggage that afternoon - swimsuits or MNSSHP costumes, for example. I know they can transfer your luggage and it should arrive at your new resort in the afternoon, but I'd rather be safe if there is something we really need.

Transfer Through Bell Services. In January, we'll transfer from Poly to BWI and we'll leave our luggage with Bell Services to move - free of charge, other than the tip. We'll spend the morning in MK, have lunch in Epcot and then check in at BWI in the afternoon. If it's warm, we'll throw swimsuits in our park bags.

Just depends on your plans and your need for luggage that day!
__________________
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefani_ View Post
Thank you for the tip! I have never read anywhere about being able to just leave my bags... so Disney can transfer my luggage for me without any charge? That sounds perfect! Then we can just go somewhere to relax and then head to our second resort to check-in at leisure
Yes, Disney makes it very easy and will transfer your luggage free of charge .

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Early in the morning that you are due to check out of CBR, just call Luggage Assistence (or take the bags there yourself) and have them come to your room and take the bags. They will tag them with the destination info, and then get them delivered to whatever resort you want. BUT...something to keep in mind..it isn't a quick service. You may not get your bags until late afternoon/early evening. That has been my experience every single time I have done this..and I've done it about 8 times!!
If you do it that way, you can head to a park for that day, and then around lunchtime, head to the new resort via Disney transportation.
Or, you can just take a cab to the new resort, with your bags in hand, first thing in the morning. That way, you'll have your bags there, so you can unpack as soon as you get your room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
We love split stays!

Cab. We usually take a cab in the morning, just based on park plans. For example, when we transfer to YC, and want to spend the day at DHS. Or when we transfer to CR, and want to spend the day at MK. The other reason we've used the cab is when we really need something in our luggage that afternoon - swimsuits or MNSSHP costumes, for example. I know they can transfer your luggage and it should arrive at your new resort in the afternoon, but I'd rather be safe if there is something we really need.

Transfer Through Bell Services. In January, we'll transfer from Poly to BWI and we'll leave our luggage with Bell Services to move - free of charge, other than the tip. We'll spend the morning in MK, have lunch in Epcot and then check in at BWI in the afternoon. If it's warm, we'll throw swimsuits in our park bags.

Just depends on your plans and your need for luggage that day!
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #8
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,767

One thing I like about taking a cab and doing early check in, is that check in is much less crowded, as most people are checking in mid day.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:36 AM   #9
stefani_
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 143

Thanks everyone for all your help!!

Sue M, I can always do early/regular check-in without my bags if I do not need them immediately right? I likely won't be unpacking since we'd only be staying the one night. Our stay at the Deluxe will mostly be about enjoying the resort, its amenities and the general atmosphere!
stefani_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.