Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
dtnrhi
Mouseketeer

What do YOU do on your MM?

I will be going in March with some friends (4 of us) for my 18th birthday/senior trip. We are getting 3 Day PH's. On our MM, we plan to ride Space Mountain, The Matterhorn, and Star Tours in our Magic Hour. (What order should we do?) Then we will run over to the Entrance for Adventureland (just before park opening) and get FP's to Indiana Jones and then ride it (newly reopened at that time). We will hit the big attractions we all want to enjoy, and will be rushing to a hopefully dead part of the park when everyone else runs to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland at park opening. Is this a good plan?

What do you do with your MM's? Any must-dos when the park is not as full as normal?
dtnrhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
DLmama
Mouseketeer

When we do our MM, we always hit FL first. Peter Pan first, then Dumbo, then Alice. After that, hit whichever rides in that area you still want to ride. We will then go to TL and get FP for SM, ride Buzz and ST.

We go to FL first because they don't have FP and those lines can get long.
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
ociana
Mouseketeer

We also hit Fantasyland first. We start with Peter Pan since it is the longest line, then Mr. Toad and Alice for sure, then possibly the others. We head over and do Matterhorn (if open) before heading to Space Mt. and then Star Tours...usually our hour is up right then and we get a FP on the way out. This upcoming trip we will add Nemo if it is running (maybe).
ociana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

I would also do Fantasyland during MM, although if you were to only do those 3 rides, I would do them in this order:
1. Matterhorn
2. Space
3. Star Tours
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
Little_Birdie
Earning My Ears

Yes, definitely Fantasyland during MM!
Otherwise, we sometimes hit SM.

After the rope drop, we head over to Riverbelle Terrace to eat breakfast, take in the emptiness on that side of the park, and just watch people walk by after a fun-filled MM.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

We do Fantasyland first. The reason is there is no way to do those rides without a long wait later on and they're close together so you can ride many in a short period of time. (probably all of them) Even though Space Mountain will have little or no line during MM it takes a while to walk through the empty line and ride. Also, since Space Mountain and Star Tours have FP I see little reason to ride them during MM. If your party has absolutely no interest in riding anything in Fantasyland besides Materhorn, then I would ride it a few times before heading to Space, then Star Tours.
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

We do "ALL" of Fantasyland 7+ rides before the park opens for everyone else (casey jr and storybook canal aren't open yet). Then we race towards Splash, HM, and Pirates. I will get fast passes for Splash as well for later. Then we have done almost half the park in the first few hours. We then head towards Adventureland. This has worked everytime for us. Oh yeah Peter Pan is always first.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: