Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #91
jenny105
DIS Veteran

She is so cute!

Was that day Columbus Day? Maybe that's why it was so crowded?
Old 11-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #92
holleypie
Mouseketeer

Her first haircut pictures are so cute! Luke doesn't have much hair but it is really scraggly around his ears, so we're probably going to take him to the Barbershop on our next trip.
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #93
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
The lines really were crazy! We ended up skipping some things entirely (never did get on Splash Mountain!), which we never normally do.
Yeah!! Thankfully over the few days we had at MK we got everything in - though we totally forgot to do the train so we'll do that in December, but we didn't get to Jungle Cruise until late on our last day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
She is so cute!

Was that day Columbus Day? Maybe that's why it was so crowded?
Well, yes! haha but I usually go around this time of year and really have never seen crowds like this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post
Her first haircut pictures are so cute! Luke doesn't have much hair but it is really scraggly around his ears, so we're probably going to take him to the Barbershop on our next trip.
Thanks!! Yes, hers was all over the place around her ears too. She has long hair up top/front and he tried to cut that off but I wanted him to leave it so it will grow out.

Barbershop was fun, it is cute now to have the hair clippings, ears, and certificate, but at the time I just sort of felt rushed and she wasn't all that happy about it. Oh well!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #94
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #95
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Welcome!! I see you are preggo! Congrats!! Care to give details?! I started my PTR when I was about 28 weeks preggo this trip was so much fun we have 3 more planned over the next 7 months...
Old 11-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #96
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Day 5 Continued!! (Still at the MK, then heading over to GF for dinner, then back to MK for MNSSHP!!)

After this it was right about 2PM – Aria went down for a nap in her stroller and our FP’s for Splash and Big Thunder were open, so we headed over that way. Andrew was hungry and we had had no lunch so that was understandable! I suggested a taco bowl from Pecos Bills and I got myself some fries. No pics, sorry. But it was really good and he enjoyed the snack! It was nice to be able to bring the stroller inside, too.

We learned a bit from our previous time here and I rode Splash first after getting a rider switch for Andrew. I carried my trusty iphone onto the ride and took a couple requisite pictures, even though I’m sure I have about 10 of the exact same scenes from every trip.

Then I hopped onto Big Thunder and we got a rider switch for that one too – while in line I got a bit worried because they announced there was inclement weather on the horizon and wasn’t sure if I was going to get on OR that I would get to ride and then Andrew would be SOOL and not get to ride either, but luckily (sorry to remove the suspense!) that did not happen! I got to ride! Yay! Andrew took some photos of me while on Big Thunder, probably because I thought he would take photos of me coming down on Splash but he didn’t and I got a little huffy about it LOL! (Ok fine I admit, I was not an angel all trip either!).

After I finished up with my rides, I headed over to the BCC and Aria woke after a little over an hour nap – pretty good! And I nursed her and changed her into her 1900 Park Fare outfit.

Andrew met us outside right as we were exiting, we took a couple photopass pictures and then headed to the front of the park.

At this point we had about 25 minutes to get to our ADR, but I thought it was a good idea to squeeze in one more thing – meeting Mickey! I had never been in the town hall since it was turned into the character meet and greet (SPOILER ALERT: on the last day we meet some amazing princesses for our all time best character interaction!!). It had a 5 minute posted wait time, but probably took about 10 minutes. I was actually hoping to meet with Minnie, and didn’t realize she isn’t here. Actually, I didn’t realize she was back near Dumbo until last week when I printed out all the character locations throughout the park, hoping to plan out some more character meets for December! Whoops! But it was still a fun meet and Aria was happy. TIP: Always put shoes on babies if you want solo photos, they wouldn’t take them in the parks otherwise, and I never remembered to put them on until later in the trip.

Then we hightailed it out of the park. The boat would have been fun but I didn’t want to fold up the stroller so instead we hopped on the monorail to the Grand Floridian.

We had some fun with a water bottle on the way over…LOL…

And then we got into the pretty elevator down to the 1st floor –

I so so wanted to get a photo with that gorgeous background they take when you enter the restaurant, but I didn’t want to buy the photo. At the end of the meal I wanted to get the photo (just have Andrew take the picture) since there was no one there, but alas that never happened.

Sorry, foreshadowing…so Anyway we checked in pretty quickly and I ran up to get some food since I didn’t see any characters coming yet. I had to try the strawberry soup, but I never really thought I’d enjoy it and well, yep I was right. Weird. I let Aria try some and she agreed. Very strange.

It kills me – I have a PERFECT headband – silver headband, with pink satin flowers with PEARLS in the center of each!! Why I didn’t bring it, I have no idea.

Continued in next post...
Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #97
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post -

Then the Prince came over but Aria seemed pretty indifferent, I guess she realized he was not actually a real prince. Or that he already had a princess.

The Fairy Godmother was really great, really trying to interact with Aria which was sweet, and Aria didn’t really know what to make of her but she definitely was trying to figure her out.

Andrew got a fun beer. I took a photo of it. LOL.

Cinderella came over next. I actually just bought a Cinderella dress for Aria to wear at CRT in March, and I’m excited to get some photos of her with Cinderella again because I think they could be really cute. (BTW this pink dress is the brand Cinderella!) I also just got Cinderella on Blu Ray for Aria’s stocking. Nice buying gifts for Aria that I really want to *wink wink* I realized I only had it on VHS!

Here is when it became really difficult keeping Aria clean but fed and getting her full, while constantly taking her out of her high chair! It was ridiculous! It was just character after character – Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, Cinderella, and the evil step sisters one after another. The evil step sisters’ interactions were OK but of course Aria didn’t really get it and they rushed past after photos.

Phew, we could finally take a breather – it was already after 6 though! I had the BEST mashed potatoes here, that I had to go back up and get more plus some pasta from the pasta station because I was still hungry, and then I also tried some desserts as well. Andrew had a couple desserts and we gave Aria some pineapple in her mesh feeder thing which she really enjoyed.

Unfortunately, we waited and waited forever for the check to come – so long that I ended up taking Aria out, getting the stroller, changing her into the Tinkerbelle costume, and Andrew STILL wasn’t out! This meal was super duper long, but it didn’t help I was anxious and excited to get back to the MK for MNSSHP!

We finally made it in a little before 7, got our wristbands, and headed right to Tomorrowland, thinking about doing the treat stations and trails. Andrew had an agenda to ride Space Mountain, while Aria took a late nap in her stroller, and I went to Star Tours (?) store waiting for party merchandise to be released right at 7. There was nothing very exciting though and I didn’t buy anything… then we went to 1 treat station. That was it – I didn’t really see the point for standing in line to get a little package of jelly candy things? IDK. The treat trails looked like fun (esp the one in FL) but we didn’t want to wait in line for it, so instead we headed to…POOH! Aria had had a little nap of about 40 minutes, so we made the mistake of waking her up to enjoy the party. She wasn’t very happy about that, but we wanted her up…anyway, Pooh had been down earlier so we didn’t get to ride it, and now there was zero wait. We tried to spend a moment playing with the honey walls but the people behind us were pushing by so instead we just got on the ride.

Aria was tired so this hadn’t been planned out all that well. I didn’t have much I really wanted to do besides get a ghost photo, see the parade and hallowishes. Luckily we did a little more than that, but not much hahaha. Anyway after Pooh we made our way to the Haunted Mansion for the ghost photo, waited only about 10 minutes, and that came out okay.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #98
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Day 5 completed -

After that I saw a Duffy meet. I have mixed feelings about Duffy – more positive now, but until this trip I really didn’t understand (and still don’t) who he is. Obviously I need to read about it. But I got in line anyway because it looked to be less than a 10 minute wait, and I didn’t have anything else to do until the parade. I’m so glad we did – the meet was so very cute! Love Duffy now, and even bought Aria her very own “Chef Duffy” later in the trip.

After that we had about 20 minutes until the first parade. Now, had my husband been able to stay up past 10PM, I would have put Aria down at this point and we would have watched the 2nd parade. But instead we found a terrible spot behind a family who insisted on all standing at the rope throughout the whole parade. I sort of thought they’d at least let me sit at the rope, since it’s so very easy to see over someone sitting, but alas they did not. We sort of fought about the awful viewing spot, but never left again to find someplace better. Aria played with some light up things I brought along.

She didn’t understand why we were just standing there for 20 minutes, not doing anything or watching anything. During the parade I tried to hold her up so she could see it all, but we were under a tree (seriously WORST spot to stop ever, I suck even though Andrew insisted on that spot I really should NOT have agreed). I enjoyed the parade – what little I could actually see, and also tried to get some photos all of which came out horrible.

Headless horseman

At the end of the parade, Aria and I headed over to the BCC and I nursed her and put her in jammies and then put her down to bed in the stroller and she was out immediately. Afterwards we met back up with Andrew and we waited around for HalloWishes to start. The display was beautiful as always, though I was a little tired of hearing the HalloWishes music – I’d heard it from TotWL, at the CR one night, and now again. MNSSHP was on so many nights of our trip! I couldn’t wait to hear the regular Wishes music.

Aria woke up during the show, but I just picked her up and she was fine watching the show. Those headphone thingys never got any use, though I did try to use them a couple times. After the fireworks, I put her back down, but the poor thing of course had to still be transferred to the carseat, then into the condo but for the most part just stayed sleeping for those transitions. She didn’t sleep all that well that night though.

So another day down, but not quite halfway through the trip!

Overall a very fun day, it WAS nice (I will admit begrudgingly) to have a leisurely morning, and looking back on the day I wish there was not SO many attractions we both really felt we HAD to ride to make it a successful day – we did so much running around but did get quite a bit in I guess. The character interactions were great, and I’m so glad we got Aria’s 1st haircut at the MK even if it wasn’t that amazing of an experience – the photos and little clip of hair with mickey confetti were worth it!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #99
holleypie
Mouseketeer

You guys got a great family photo with Mickey!

We were at Epcot a few years ago when Duffy had JUST started doing meet-and-greets. I asked Brian, "Who is that bear?" and he explained the story to me and I said, "That is the dumbest marketing ploy I've ever heard." Then we went into a gift shop and I saw all the cute outfits you could buy for him, and suddenly I'm like, "OH MY GOD, I LOVE THIS BEAR." I'm such a sucker.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #100
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post
You guys got a great family photo with Mickey!

We were at Epcot a few years ago when Duffy had JUST started doing meet-and-greets. I asked Brian, "Who is that bear?" and he explained the story to me and I said, "That is the dumbest marketing ploy I've ever heard." Then we went into a gift shop and I saw all the cute outfits you could buy for him, and suddenly I'm like, "OH MY GOD, I LOVE THIS BEAR." I'm such a sucker.
Thanks, yes the Mickey meet was great, despite squishing it in there haha.

LOL! Seriously the Duffy bear story is RIDICULOUS. I just looked it up online finally, and it makes me sort of mad I bought a darn bear. hahaha. I thought there was more story behind it vs a COMPLETE marketing ploy - I mean, obviously I knew that was fueling the Duffy stuff but I thought there was some sort of long-lost history from the bear. Ugh.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #101
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Glad you enjoyed your meal at 1900 PF! I agree that getting kids in and out of a high chair to meet characters is a pain, and I thought I would really like it now that Everett isn't in a high chair anymore, but as it turns out, I miss having him completely contained. I'm sure Aria will be different, but Everett just wants to move, move, move, and constantly telling him to sit down and sit still gets trying

That dress she was in was just precious! I love the little pink rosettes!

It looks like you guys had fun at MNSSHP. I'm sorry you didn't have the best view of the parade, but at least you didn't have to wait around too long. Her tinkerbelle outfit was so cute too!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #102
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Glad you enjoyed your meal at 1900 PF! I agree that getting kids in and out of a high chair to meet characters is a pain, and I thought I would really like it now that Everett isn't in a high chair anymore, but as it turns out, I miss having him completely contained. I'm sure Aria will be different, but Everett just wants to move, move, move, and constantly telling him to sit down and sit still gets trying

That dress she was in was just precious! I love the little pink rosettes!

It looks like you guys had fun at MNSSHP. I'm sorry you didn't have the best view of the parade, but at least you didn't have to wait around too long. Her tinkerbelle outfit was so cute too!
Did ˙ou see my response about the rental house? I hope you guys use it - it really can't be beat for a deal.

There was a boy that looked like he was 3 or 4 in a high chair at the mall recently. Being the amazing parents we are (eye roll) I commented to DH that he looked way too old for a high chair. His response was that they probably do it on purpose to keep him in one spot. Lol.

I'd love to do the party again when aria is older, can stay up later, and enjoys the things like the trails. I loved the Duffy meet though and the parade was great just the view was awful lol.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #103
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Michael did Paxton's haircut this year too! He was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
And there's Norma, she did Paxton's first haircut last year! She wasn't there this year for us to tell her hello, unfortunately.

We had one afternoon similar to that when we went to MK after our break and the lines were just absolutely ridiculous everywhere we turned, so we had to settle for doing just a couple of minor attractions while waiting for the parade and fireworks. Since we have Paxton along, that's not as much of a bad thing as it would have been before.

LOVE her dress for 1900 PF & her Tink costume!! We had a great meet with Duffy too but I think it was mostly because he was dressed as a pumpkin and Paxton was all about Pumpkins this year. The backstory is pretty lame though, and we resisted on buying a Duffy for him. I'm glad Aria liked him!

That sucks about getting a bad spot for the parade. It is so hard to balance finding a good spot where you and your baby can see without having to stand in the same spot for an hour or two.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 11-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #104
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

The crowds and lines are what really bummed me out and made my husband say no more parks. I just couldn't believe all the people!! A lot of people said the lines weren't too bad once you got to them but when I saw 40 minutes for the Great Movie Ride I seriously broke down!!

I know I have said it a million times but Aria is just so adorable!! I love all the photos you have of her!!

I also love the pics your DH did get of you on BTMRR!! That is awesome!!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #105
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Love the picture of the first haircut ears! Too bad it wasn't quite as magical as you'd hoped, but at least you got some nice souvenirs. I'm excited to do Dug Baby's first haircut there too, but I'm guessing it will be just minimal actual hair-cutting, like Aria's. Right now, she has very fine hair and a bit of a baby mullet...but who knows in a year.

Granted, it was over a year ago, but I think on our last trip that both Mickey and Minnie were in the same location. That must have changed since then, I guess.

Beautiful Tinkerbell costume! Such a little cutie!

Judging by that last photo, I think Winnie the Pooh moved Aria to tears!

I never thought about that with Duffy. We've always thought that he's ridiculous, but to a baby, he probably looks ridiculously cuddly. Dug Baby may like Duffy too! Guess we'll have to stop rolling our eyes at him.
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: