Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
warrior64
Earning My Ears

my thoughts....

Ok. We were in Disney 2/14-2/19 (Presidents day wkend)
1. Stayed at Art of Animation....Everything was perfect there!!
2. Buses...never waited more than a few minutes
3. Magic bands...Love, Love, Love. No problems, easy!!
4. Fast pass plus.....here goes..Loved it! Only complaint, wish you could get more that 3!!! Nice not having to run around getting them, super easy to change them if needed from phone
5. Crowds were average for a holiday weekend. No crazy long lines!
6. New fantasyland looks amazing, such detail in new Little Mermaid ride!
7. Everyone we encountered were super friendly....

My main negative was the cleanliness of magic kingdom. WOW! I have been to Disney 10 times and have never seen anything like it. Overflowing trash cans, trash on the ground....not acceptable. One night while my daughter and I were sitting on the curb waiting for electric parade, an employee wheeled this trash cart right in front of me and proceeded to empty the trash can. She literally put the bag of trash right at my feet!! Since when is 10 minutes before a parade starts a good time to empty trash cans!

I am not a complainer and it didn't ruin my vacation, but it was definitely not normal for Magic Kingdom!!

Other thing that was really an eye sore were the various fast pass plus lines for people scheduling fast passes once they arrived at the parks. To say the lines were long would be an understatement! And it seemed they were just kind of set up everywhere and not organized??

Any questions....ask away
Old 03-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
Missymouse18
Mousketeer

Glad to hear a good report and so happy you had a god time! DS18's girlfriend is there now and she phoned me from MK yesterday afternoon. She had nothing but great things to report.

As far as emptying trash can 10 minutes before parade? My personal thought on that would be so that all the foodeating/drinking parade watchers would have a place to put their trash after the parade, other than an already full, overflowing garbage can
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior64 View Post
My main negative was the cleanliness of magic kingdom. ...
Other thing that was really an eye sore were the various fast pass plus lines for people scheduling fast passes once they arrived at the parks. To say the lines were long would be an understatement! And it seemed they were just kind of set up everywhere and not organized??
We were there at the same time and I would add that the FP return lines were also an eyesore since they placed people out into the park instead of being in the designated queue area. I am certain that at some point you must have noticed where people waiting to enter Space Mountain were lining up. I suspect that the FP kiosk crowds as well as the FP return lines may have attributed to the cleanliness of the park. People were congregating where they didn't congregate before and more people forming a mob equals more trash, especially if there aren't receptacles in the areas where the new crowds are forming. We found that to be the case at AK. People in the FP return line for the Safari had to find trash bins since there weren't any nearby. Still no excuse for littering, but this is going to happen.

Glad to hear you had a great time. We did too, but it did take a lot of skill and experience to manage the crowds when they reached the 8 and 9 levels.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
warrior64
Earning My Ears

I saw more trash in empty queues. Was in front of some cast members from a different park and they heard me say something about it, then they commented on how trashed the park was! This was around midnight and yes it had been a busy day, but still no excuse! I expect more, Sorry!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

Thanks so much for posting some positive news!
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
Old 03-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #6
Mamiamjo
"M-I-C... S-E"

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior64 View Post
My main negative was the cleanliness of magic kingdom. WOW! I have been to Disney 10 times and have never seen anything like it. Overflowing trash cans, trash on the ground....not acceptable. One night while my daughter and I were sitting on the curb waiting for electric parade, an employee wheeled this trash cart right in front of me and proceeded to empty the trash can. She literally put the bag of trash right at my feet!! Since when is 10 minutes before a parade starts a good time to empty trash cans!

I am not a complainer and it didn't ruin my vacation, but it was definitely not normal for Magic Kingdom!!

Any questions....ask away
And I can remember a time when as soon as some trash hit the ground a CM on skates would swoop over and sweep it up!

Not as many years ago, I remember taking my son to the restroom and thinking that these were the cleanest restrooms i've seen in a public place. Of course over the past few years, that illusion disappeared as well.
Where has the Magic Gone?
Old 03-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
tiffmarie99
Earning My Ears

Thank you for posting a positive review! I'm a long time lurker of these threads and the level of WHINING is way too high. So thank, thank, thank you for an honest and positive review!
Old 03-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #8
Disney Dad 88
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a great trip that's the first complaint I have heard about garbage collection. Glad you liked FP+ did you book in advance? Did you try for early or late FP or just go with he flow?
Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #9
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

We just returned home a week ago - stayed four nights for the Princess Half Marathon weekend. We're repeat AP holders, and I've been going to Disney (both DL and WDW) since the age of two. So we're vets and have enjoyed Disney before FP, during FP, during FP with enforced return times and now with FP+. We love magic bands. We love FP+. No running around to collect FPs. No stack of cards - room keys, APs, FPs, TIW card. No FP running. It's so easy now. I'm even OK with just three - after years of commando, we now need resort time in the afternoon and three FP+ fits well with that. I'd like to be able to use our three in different parks, but I still love it.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 03-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #10
CNYDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your awesome review.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
...No stack of cards - room keys, APs, FPs, TIW card....
An AP card is still required for AP discounts and parking, and TiW is required if using it for discounts. That is current, may change in the future.

Thanks warrior, nice feedback.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 03-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #12
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
An AP card is still required for AP discounts and parking, and TiW is required if using it for discounts. That is current, may change in the future.
Yes, I did not mean to suggest that we no longer carry our APs and our TIW with us. But for our family of five, the stack of cards reduced significantly. I mean, five people, five APs, five room keys and at least 15 FPs! While we still carry APs, we only had to pull them out when making a purchase in the stores. And TIW is just one card in my wallet. I loved not having to hand out five APs, go through the turnstiles and then collect five APs every time we entered a park. I loved not having to pull out the stack to extract FPs every time we approached a ride. And I really loved not having to sort through the stack for room keys every time we entered our room. Yay!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 03-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #13
Goin2Disney2006
Mouseketeer

Silly question...Are there still fast pass kisoks outside of the individual rides?

May 2014 POFQ

December 2009 - POFQ Very Merry Christmas Party
2006 POR (NSSHP)
Old 03-03-2014, 10:34 PM   #14
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Nice to hear good news.

I thought the MK trash cans were fake and it just drops below ground though?

Ever wondered why you don’t see Cast Members emptying the garbage cans around the Magic Kingdom? AVAC is the answer. It uses compressed air to speed garbage at 60 miles per hour to a centralized processing system for recycling and disposal.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #15
warrior64
Earning My Ears

Yes, I booked fast passes about a month before. Times started around 11:00, so we did rope drope and then used fast passes. It worked out well, but we hop to a different park in the evening and it would of been nice to get more fast passes at our second park!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: