Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #16
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I need opinions!

I need opinions! So, I was planning on getting some of that yummy Tuna Oscar at Kona on our arrival night. But unfortunately, I just learned that it's been taken off of the menu and replaced with some other seared tuna entree. NOOOO!

Now, I know they have yummy bread/butter & steaks, but I made the ressie specifically to order the tuna oscar.

So now I'm torn with what to do and where to go. Should I just keep that night free of all ADRs since the Superbowl will be on? Maybe we can hit up the MK for a few hours, grab dinner at Casey's and head back to AKL around 6ish.

Or should I try and schedule another ADR in or around MK? If so, which one would you suggest?

Thanks yall!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #17
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post

Sunday, February 3 (Superbowl Sunday)
~ Kona Cafe @ 5:20pm
So, the Superbowl starts at 6:30pm this evening and I know my husband is going to want to watch it. I wasn't going to make any reservation at all, but I went ahead and scheduled an early dinner just in case. I've been craving the Tuna Oscar, so if my husband doesn't want to leave the room then I'll take Jake for a mommy/son date night! We don't get many of those and I figure Mallory will be tired early since it's arrival day.

Monday, February 4
~ Garden Grill @ 5:55pm
We've never been to this restaurant, so I'm excited! Jake is going to get a kick out of the restaurant spinning in circles and of course, the characters.

Tuesday, February 5
~ Crystal Palace @ 8:25am
I originally made this one to take the place of our TS credit from Sunday night. If we end up DO going to Kona, I'll probably cancel this one. We aren't huge breakfast eaters, but the appeal of entering the park early wins out.

~ 'Ohana @ 8:00pm
WE LOVE THIS PLACE! I seriously just love the whole atmosphere of the Poly in general... and when you add in good food, you can't beat it! I AM GOING TO EAT TONS OF BREAD PUDDING! I know 8pm seems kind of late to eat dinner with kids, but it's all they had and we'll be taking breaks every afternoon.

Wednesday, February 6
~ T-Rex @ 6:00pm
This is another first for us! Dinosaurs are one of Jake's favorite things, so this was a no brainer. I can't wait until he sees that we're having dinner here.

Thursday, February 7
~ Sci Fi @ 1:25pm
Who doesn't love eating lunch in a car while watching movies?

Friday, February 8
~ Whispering Canyon @ 5:25pm
I know this restaurant seems to get a lot of mixed reviews, but we love it. The milkshakes are delicious and the servers are hilarious!

Well, there ya have it! Our list of ADRs. What do you think? If you've been to any of these places, please feel free to share what you thought!
We ADORE Garden Grill! The food is SO yummy and the character interaction has always been wonderful for us. Crystal Palace is another one of our favorites. We love entering the park early and we love our big breakfast buffets. Jake will love T-Rex! The food is good, but everyone goes to see the dinos. I also love Sci-Fi, but Madison was creeped out by the movies the last time we ate there (2009). I love the food there...especially the milkshakes!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #18
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Hey girl! I wouldn't miss this one for the world! Cutest pics ever of your family....absolutely adorable!

Great ADR's! We ran into the same predicament at Kona two summers ago. Shanleigh loved the mahi mahi is miso broth and what they replaced it with she didn't like at all! Now we just go for breakfast

Can't wait to hear more...and my opinion would be no ADR just enjoy the MK and grab something...anything...whatever you feel like! I love Casey's tho so that would be my choice!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #19
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Well if you cancel Kona, you wouldn't have to cancel Crystal Palace, right? It stinks that they don't have what you wanted, but I think the MK/Casey's idea is a good one!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #20
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Joining in!!

So glad to have you here!

We ADORE Garden Grill! The food is SO yummy and the character interaction has always been wonderful for us. Crystal Palace is another one of our favorites. We love entering the park early and we love our big breakfast buffets. Jake will love T-Rex! The food is good, but everyone goes to see the dinos. I also love Sci-Fi, but Madison was creeped out by the movies the last time we ate there (2009). I love the food there...especially the milkshakes!
I've been hearing such awesome things about Garden Grill lately!

Yes, we love being able to enter the park early as well! We've never done a CP breakfast (only dinner), so I'm excited to give it a try!

I'm really excited to eat at T-Rex! I was looking at pictures tonight and I just can't wait to see Jake's reaction to it all.

I didn't even think about the movie clips being a little scary! Hopefully it doesn't even phase him! Mmm I agree ~ the milkshakes are DELISH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Hey girl! I wouldn't miss this one for the world! Cutest pics ever of your family....absolutely adorable!

Great ADR's! We ran into the same predicament at Kona two summers ago. Shanleigh loved the mahi mahi is miso broth and what they replaced it with she didn't like at all! Now we just go for breakfast

Can't wait to hear more...and my opinion would be no ADR just enjoy the MK and grab something...anything...whatever you feel like! I love Casey's tho so that would be my choice!
Hey Queen! Thanks so much for joining along! And thanks so much for the sweet compliment about my family!

Aw man! It totally stinks when they take one of your favorite things off of the menu. If it ain't broke, don't fix it ~ right?

I think that's what I've decided to do. I'm canceling Kona and keeping our options open. I actually just added something fun on our arrival day which I'll update on here in a bit! I love Casey's as well, so I bet we'll end up there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Well if you cancel Kona, you wouldn't have to cancel Crystal Palace, right? It stinks that they don't have what you wanted, but I think the MK/Casey's idea is a good one!
Yep, you're right! I've decided to just cancel it. This way, we can enjoy our time at the Magic Kingdom and then head back to AKL in the evening. I know that I'm not going to want to sit and watch the Superbowl, so I'm thinking that I can get Mallory ready for bed and then head out with Jake to do something!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #21
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

I'm subscribing! We will be at Crystal Palace the same morning as you. Our time is 8:10. Maybe we will see ya there!
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #22
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommergirl25 View Post
I'm subscribing! We will be at Crystal Palace the same morning as you. Our time is 8:10. Maybe we will see ya there!

That's so neat that yall have an ADR there that same morning. We'll have to keep a look out for each other!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #23
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

ARRRRRRR MATEY!

After reading so much about the Pirate's League here on the DISboards and seeing how much kids (and adults!) enjoy it, I decided to go ahead and book it for Jake!

They had plenty of times available, but I chose to do it as a first day surprise! I figured since we're getting to AKL around 10am or so, we'll have plenty of time to enjoy some Magic Kingdom, eat lunch and then head over for his appointment at 1:30pm.

I showed him the picture of the different looks and he pointed out which one he'd like, but you'll just have to wait and see which one he ends up picking!

Old 10-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #25
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post

Sunday, February 3 (Superbowl Sunday)
~ Kona Cafe @ 5:20pm
So, the Superbowl starts at 6:30pm this evening and I know my husband is going to want to watch it. I wasn't going to make any reservation at all, but I went ahead and scheduled an early dinner just in case. I've been craving the Tuna Oscar, so if my husband doesn't want to leave the room then I'll take Jake for a mommy/son date night! We don't get many of those and I figure Mallory will be tired early since it's arrival day.

Friday, February 8
~ Whispering Canyon @ 5:25pm
I know this restaurant seems to get a lot of mixed reviews, but we love it. The milkshakes are delicious and the servers are hilarious!

Well, there ya have it! Our list of ADRs. What do you think? If you've been to any of these places, please feel free to share what you thought!
Joining in - your dates caught my eye - we are there 2/1 thru 2/8. We have that exact same Kona ressie as you. Poly is our home resort so figured we would watch some Super Bowl at the Tambu lounge or back at the room.

I have a 2 year old and 6 year old girls.
Stasieki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #26
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
Joining in - your dates caught my eye - we are there 2/1 thru 2/8. We have that exact same Kona ressie as you. Poly is our home resort so figured we would watch some Super Bowl at the Tambu lounge or back at the room.

I have a 2 year old and 6 year old girls.

Thanks for joining in! I actually JUST cancelled that Kona reservation. We decided to not have any ADRs that night. With it being arrival day, plus Superbowl Sunday, we figured it'd just be easier to spend a few hours at the Magic Kingdom, eat a quick dinner and then head in early. I know we'll be tired from driving all night.

Our kids are the same ages! Hopefully we'll see each other!

Last edited by lauren_elizabeth; 10-30-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #27
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Joining in!! You got great ADR's! We LOVE Whispering Canyon Cafe-- although I'm nervous about the new menu. I hope it's just as good!! T-Rex is great too-- we loved the food and atmosphere!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #28
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Hey Lauren! Just found this!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #29
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I know that I haven't updated in a month and I am SO sorry! I have many things to announce in the upcoming weeks, so please just bear with me and I promise to have up an update very soon!

Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #30
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how close it is. I feel ready, but yet a bit unorganized at the same time. I think it's that lull before the packing begins.
Stasieki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: