Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!

Ebay sellers is this polite enough?

On my listings I have stated-

Please pay within 72 hours of winning item.
(I just changed all of my current active listings to pay immediately or within 24 hours, because I know have 5 Buy It Now items I should have gotten paid for already)

You know how frustrating it is if you sell things to just have them ready to go, waiting for the money, (to be used on a Disney trip in 2 days), Ebay already charging you a percentage of the sale, blah blah blah lame.

So I was going to send a message like this to people from now on, is it too snotty?

Hi, your items are packed up and ready to go, this is just a standard, friendly reminder that it has been 72 hours since the Buy It Now for item _________________ has ended.
As stated in listing, payment is expected within 72 hours of item ending.
Unfortunately due to several member not paying for items and leaving me stuck, Ebay now files an Unpaid Item Dispute automatically, on all of my listings 4 days after the item ends if payment has not been received. Thanks again for your business! - username

Thanks everyone!

Also
I always pay for my Buy It Now items right away, I mean you're buying it now why can't you pay for it now? It's not like an auction when you place your highest bid and may not know right away if you've won it.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

Sounds fine to me!

I think there's also a way , if you accept paypal, to make the auction so they HAVE to pay immediately, that could be another solution for your problem. As a buyer on ebay, I always pay right away, then send the seller a confirmation message including the paypal transaction #..sellers always thank me and seem to really appreciate it. Good luck with your auctions!
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!

Thanks lynxstch!

Quote:
I think there's also a way , if you accept paypal, to make the auction so they HAVE to pay immediately
oh you have to be a fannnnncy seller to get this option I'm not quite there yet!

Last edited by VeganCupcake; 10-17-2012 at 08:06 AM.
VeganCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
YoYoAurora

Pity my DH! It's a long list
And now back to my usual ignore all schedule
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
On my listings I have stated-

Please pay within 72 hours of winning item.
(I just changed all of my current active listings to pay immediately or within 24 hours, because I know have 5 Buy It Now items I should have gotten paid for already)

You know how frustrating it is if you sell things to just have them ready to go, waiting for the money, (to be used on a Disney trip in 2 days), Ebay already charging you a percentage of the sale, blah blah blah lame.

So I was going to send a message like this to people from now on, is it too snotty?

Hi, your items are packed up and ready to go, this is just a standard, friendly reminder that it has been 72 hours since the Buy It Now for item _________________ has ended.
As stated in listing, payment is expected within 72 hours of item ending.
Unfortunately due to several member not paying for items and leaving me stuck, Ebay now files an Unpaid Item Dispute automatically, on all of my listings 4 days after the item ends if payment has not been received. Thanks again for your business! - username

Thanks everyone!

Also
I always pay for my Buy It Now items right away, I mean you're buying it now why can't you pay for it now? It's not like an auction when you place your highest bid and may not know right away if you've won it.
It sounds fine to me. You probably already noticed this, but I would add an "s" to member in the phrase "Unfortunately due to several member". I was going to PM you with this, but your profile does not allow PMs.

And I, too, pay for my Buy It Now items right away. Click, buy, pay, done.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #5
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

I don't understand it but it sounds fine to me. Is it possible to not ship an item until you are paid or is that what you are doing?

Anyway, good luck!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #6
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Showed this post to a co-worker who sells a ton of stuff on E-Bay.
He says he says the text is fine. But as someone who sells hundreds of dollars of items a month on E-Bay, he says less than half his winning bidders pay in 72 hours, including his best repeat buyers, so from a practical standpoint, 72 hours is unrealistic to expect payment. He figures if he gets payment within a week, he's golden. He waits 4 weeks to repost unpaid items.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

I used to request payment within three days, and had someone purchasing an item from me that didn't pay, didn't respond, etc. After four or five days, I finally sent a very polite letter indicating that if I didn't hear from them within 24 hours -- not pay, just hear from them (maybe they had a family emergency, etc) -- I was going to start an unpaid item case with ebay. I got a nasty, snotty reply that I couldn't do anything about it, that they had 10 days to pay -- which isn't correct, after 3 days you can start an unpaid case (at least you could then, it hasn't come up in a while). They ended up paying, but I blocked them from future bidding. And yes, there's a box you can check that makes buy it now also pay it now. Your note is just fine. If someone can't even contact you, you don't know that they're actually going to buy the item.

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
Kies99
I Can has Cheezburger???

All of my auctions have similar language to your "note" listed in the description. I ask that if you don't pay in 72 hours you at least contact me. If not, I automatically start an unpaid buyer dispute.

Seems to me like it's getting worse everywhere I sell online these days (I sell stuff on multiple sites). I used to never have an issue but in the last year or year and a half I'm getting people winning auctions or saying they'll buy my items and then I never hear from them again.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, bacon in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

Kies99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

You can state that, but bear in mind that eBay allows buyers four days to pay, so why bother?

You can set "buy it now" items to "pay immediately" and I do recommend that.

Good luck. My listings have been really busy lately; hope yours have too!
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

I just updated my paypal account to premier(I didn't know it would be so simple) so that from now on the Buy It Now requires immediate payment. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:23 AM   #11
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

Just remember, if you do a "Best Offer" option on a buy it now it extends the time period a buyer has to pay, if they submit an offer and you accept it.

We have nearly 200 Buy It Now listings, so it's hard to keep up on the price of things. So it allows us to stay in the game, without always rechecking prices. If an offer is submitted, we check against current listings and sales to see if it's a good offer. Only on a rare occasion has an offer been accepted and buyer not pay for the item.

It happens often enough on auction listings though.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #12
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

There's one tiny, itsy problem that forced me to read your statement twice, so you might consider fixing it. Remove the comma between the words "automatically" and "on." You probably had a non-essential phrase in your head that didn't quite pan out as you were writing the statement, and you just forgot you'd put a comma in the sentence. (I do this all the time.)
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: