Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

Yes..another question about DU onboard credit...

Could someone please PM me with the amount of the OBC provided through them? We have two cat 9 staterooms. Thanks!

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyhugger View Post
Could someone please PM me with the amount of the OBC provided through them? We have two cat 9 staterooms. Thanks!
It depends on the length of the cruise and the cost of the cruise. If you go to their website (click above) it will tell you what their OBC's are.
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

Here's a link to the table: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com...ecials.htm#sbc
Old 10-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
Dis_Grk Grl
Earning My Ears

There are agents out there that offer a higher OBC that DU
Dis_Grk Grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyMom View Post
It depends on the length of the cruise and the cost of the cruise. If you go to their website (click above) it will tell you what their OBC's are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva View Post
...if you booked originally with DU. If you booked yourself online with DCL and then moved the reservation to DU then OBC will be less.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
eva
Often uses her unique ability to shut down threads.

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CME911 View Post
...if you booked originally with DU. If you booked yourself online with DCL and then moved the reservation to DU then OBC will be less.
Sorry, I should have stated that. I missed the part where they said that they were already booked.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #7
Emilysmom
LovemyDVC

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

DU couldn't give me a specific answer about OBC amt

I also recently looked into transferring a reservation to that we made onboard to DU because we used them for our first 2 or 3 DCL cruises and had a great experience. However, the reply from the agent was that because the reservation was a transfer, they could not tell me ahead of time how much OBC they could offer. I would have to fill out the transfer paperwork and send it to them, and then they would let me know. It seemed like a hassle to me so I went with a different travel agent and had a fantastic experience with her!
Emilysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilysmom View Post
I also recently looked into transferring a reservation to that we made onboard to DU because we used them for our first 2 or 3 DCL cruises and had a great experience. However, the reply from the agent was that because the reservation was a transfer, they could not tell me ahead of time how much OBC they could offer. I would have to fill out the transfer paperwork and send it to them, and then they would let me know. It seemed like a hassle to me so I went with a different travel agent and had a fantastic experience with her!
I'm not sure I totally understand what you are saying. If you booked another cruise while still on board AND you named DU as your agent at that time, then you will receive the full OBC amount advertised on the DU website. If, however, you booked WITHOUT naming any particular agent, then, as you said, you are really looking to 'transfer" the reservation from DCL to DU, and in that case you will receive a much lower OBC, and the amount of OBC would be determined by the cost of the booking. Remember, OBC can come from different places potentially, ie. $25 OBC from DCL for booking online, $xxx OBC from a travel agent for booking with them, or yourself or a family member can 'purchase' OBC for you to spend on your vacation. You DIS veterans check me on this, but that's how I understand the system.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I'm not sure I totally understand what you are saying. If you booked another cruise while still on board AND you named DU as your agent at that time, then you will receive the full OBC amount advertised on the DU website. If, however, you booked WITHOUT naming any particular agent, then, as you said, you are really looking to 'transfer" the reservation from DCL to DU, and in that case you will receive a much lower OBC, and the amount of OBC would be determined by the cost of the booking. Remember, OBC can come from different places potentially, ie. $25 OBC from DCL for booking online, $xxx OBC from a travel agent for booking with them, or yourself or a family member can 'purchase' OBC for you to spend on your vacation. You DIS veterans check me on this, but that's how I understand the system.
The $25 Online booking OBC is no longer available.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #10
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
The $25 Online booking OBC is no longer available.

Sayhello
Thank You for clarifying....good to know. I always wondered about that OBC anyway when you're spending thousands of dollars, getting back $25 in OBC...really???
Old 10-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thank You for clarifying....good to know. I always wondered about that OBC anyway when you're spending thousands of dollars, getting back $25 in OBC...really???
Oh, yes, it's really pretty silly when you look at it that way. But if you or your TA were going to book online anyways, you didn't have to do anything extra to get it, and $25 is $25. I certainly wouldn't have changed my plans to get it, though!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: