Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
jan120
Earning My Ears

lottery wedding dates

What is the experience for brides in the lottery for their wedding date, venue, time..I understand from my consultant there are several brides in the lottery with me....I am just wondering how far out or how many times it has taken others to get their request confirmed..thanks all...this is already very frustrating
jan120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
2010_Bride
DIS Veteran

When DH and I had chosen a date, our planner told us that four other couples had chosen that date/time/location so we would be placed in the lottery. We discussed it, and didn't want the stress of the lottery if we could avoid it.
We changed our date to the day before (Thursday) that nobody had, and we got it no problem We were told that typically Mon-Thurs are not popular enough for multiple couples requesting the same date/time/location unless on the claendar it is a special day.
Good luck!

2010_Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Our wedding is in October of next year and we were told by our consultant that that was a very popular time and the lottery would probably be necessary. Because of this, she had us develop a back up plan. She put us in for 2 other dates (with our 3 requested times) as well as our ideal date. They will not do your lottery until EXACTLY one year out from the date you are putting in for and then it takes 3-4 days for them to let you know how it turned out. We heard from our consultant exactly 4 days after the lottery and we got our first choice date AND time. I'm not saying everyone's experience will be like this but the lottery turned out not to be as scary for us as it seemed. Also, since she had us choose 2 backup dates we honestly would have been happy with our second choice (the third not so much) and we were just pleasantly surprised to have gotten what we wanted! I hope this helps a little as the whole lottery thing was frustrating to me at the time as well. Especially since we had our in person site visit around 18 months out!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
jan120
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the comments and input...I wish we could change to a Mon-Thursday but that is not possible with schedules....we did not get the Oct date...which was not our top choice...we are in the lottery for November dates...hoping and praying to get one of our two remaining dates....if not I don't know what we will do..thanks again..
jan120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: