Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #46
fi46re129
Mouseketeer

That was a crazy morning! My Mom has the same issue with getting ready. Two Disney trips ago she over slept then had to stop to use the bathroom on the way at Starbucks then proceeded to order coffee too!
I was FREAKING out but we did make it with time to spare!

Your April plans so wonderful!! Hopefully you get the rooms you want!! Good Luck!!!

1995 ASSR, 1998 ASSR, 2002 Off Property, 2003 CR, 2008 Music, 2010 CS, 2010 Music, 2011 CBR, 2013 ASSR & POFQ
fi46re129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #47
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

at Everett's reaction to Disney!! I guess you won't be filming any "we're going to Disney" surprise videos anytime soon!

That sounds like a stressful morning for you, but yay for making your flight and an uneventful trip to Disney!!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #48
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you made it to the airport w/time to spare! I completely understand being stressed trying to get to the airport in time - my husband took forever to get ready and we always left at the last minute lol

Your little one is adorable - he looks so cute in his car seat on the plane concentrating on the movie. Can't wait to read all about your upgrade!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #49
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzy6 View Post
"... a herd of turtles!" I have never heard that before, and I seriously laughed out loud!

I don't know how you held it together. I'm one of those people who feels that if we're 5 minutes early, we're on time... if we're on-time, we're late!

In spite of the little challenges, you seem to be off to a great start!!!
Being late doesn't usually really bother me, and truthfully I'd prefer to have less time at the airport than extra time to sit on my duff and wait around, but I certainly didn't want to miss the flight!

I'm not sure where the "herd of turtles" quote originates, but every time we leave the house on a vacation or road trip, my mother always has to say it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalstongue View Post
Phew! I wasn't sure you were going to make it! I am so paranoid about being late for flights. Back when I was seven (a few years ago...ahem) we were really late to the airport. We ended up having to get a special bus out to the plane that was taxi-ing to the runway. (Pretty sure that would not be allowed these days). As we boarded all the passengers slow-clapped us. It was sooo embarrasing.
Oh no, the dreaded slow clap!

I did miss a flight once when I was in college, it was completely the fault of the shuttle service I was taking, but it was pretty awful. It was a few days before Thanksgiving and all the flights were booked, so I almost didn't make it back home. After that experience, I never want to miss a flight again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Joining in !!
Welcome, and do make yourself at home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl36 View Post
Great "getting to the airport" story! I would have been broken out in hives if I would've been in your car! Being late makes me crazy! however if it's someone else it makes for a great story to read! I have a friend I pull the hour earlier trick on too. One time she actually came at the earlier time I told her and commended me because she knows she's always late!

ETA: if I write a TR I will be sure to post a link. I've started two however they never make it to "publication"!! They get lost in the black hole of My Documents on my computer!!
If it was my DH or my Dad, surely they would have been going out of their minds! I was trying to stay zen about the whole thing, and it did end up working out in the end.

It took me a long time to get my first TR off the ground too, there were many mis-fires along the way. Now I'm really happy I have the documentation from our trips, its fun to go back and read about what we did, and I'm sure it will be fun to share with Everett and new baby in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi46re129 View Post
That was a crazy morning! My Mom has the same issue with getting ready. Two Disney trips ago she over slept then had to stop to use the bathroom on the way at Starbucks then proceeded to order coffee too!
I was FREAKING out but we did make it with time to spare!

Your April plans so wonderful!! Hopefully you get the rooms you want!! Good Luck!!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a time-challenged mother! The funny part is that it doesn't seem to bother her at all, its like the thought of missing our flight never crossed her mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
at Everett's reaction to Disney!! I guess you won't be filming any "we're going to Disney" surprise videos anytime soon!

That sounds like a stressful morning for you, but yay for making your flight and an uneventful trip to Disney!!!
Yup, this was not the trip where he "got it", I do have high hopes for April, but I'll be sure not to discuss it when we are on the road to a playdate with his best friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I'm so glad you made it to the airport w/time to spare! I completely understand being stressed trying to get to the airport in time - my husband took forever to get ready and we always left at the last minute lol

Your little one is adorable - he looks so cute in his car seat on the plane concentrating on the movie. Can't wait to read all about your upgrade!
I don't really mind cutting it close with the airport, but this was WAY too close in my opinion!

Thank you, he can be very cute when he wants to be, but very trying when he wants also. I was just happy that his black eye was pretty much healed up by the end of the trip! Its still a little visible these first few days, but gets much better.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #50
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I would have been so stressed out that morning! Your mom sounds like my mom & sister - not the most punctual people. Drives me insane!

But, I'm glad y'all made it in plenty of time onto the plane! Everett sounds like he did great on the plane. Did he get excited once he saw the Disney arches? He surely wasn't going to show any excitement the day before leaving.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #51
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love the story about prepping Everett for Disney Kids have a way of keeping us grounded don't they?

What a crazy-making morning! I get very, very stressed about being late. My palms actually start to itch. (really weird I know). And the rental car? I'd have checked a few times too. I'm such a rule follower.

Yay for getting there in a safe and timely manner! Can't wait to hear more!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #52
Brook730
Mouseketeer

Lol I love his reaction umm..ok when you told him you were going to Disney world. My DD did not understand before we went last year but man she sure understands this year. Unfortunately I've been being bad and using it to my advantage she refused to use her potty until I told her that mickey mouse does not want any diapers in his parks but its working and after she goes she smiles and says Mickeys happy but hey it works right....
Brook730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #53
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Your story about your mom getting ready for the airport was hilarious... although I know it wasn't very funny at the time. Reminds me of my DW. I regularly tell her we have to leave about a half hour earlier than the actual time.

It's too bad that Everett had to make up for his good behavior after the plane landed, but I think I'd much rather deal with an uncooperative toddler on the ground rather than in a plane, so I'll call that a small victory for you.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #54
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I would have been so stressed out that morning! Your mom sounds like my mom & sister - not the most punctual people. Drives me insane!

But, I'm glad y'all made it in plenty of time onto the plane! Everett sounds like he did great on the plane. Did he get excited once he saw the Disney arches? He surely wasn't going to show any excitement the day before leaving.
I'm not one of those obsessively early people, but I am obsessed with WDW, so I'm not a fan of any obstacle that could get in the way of me being there, including (but not limited too) missing my flight!

I don't think that the Disney arches really inspired him either- but the monorails, that's an entirely different story for another update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love the story about prepping Everett for Disney Kids have a way of keeping us grounded don't they?

What a crazy-making morning! I get very, very stressed about being late. My palms actually start to itch. (really weird I know). And the rental car? I'd have checked a few times too. I'm such a rule follower.

Yay for getting there in a safe and timely manner! Can't wait to hear more!
It just seemed so weird that all they had were mini-vans, yet just one row over there were full sized cars. You'd think they'd put some of the full size in the standard row and the mini-vans in the full row?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook730 View Post
Lol I love his reaction umm..ok when you told him you were going to Disney world. My DD did not understand before we went last year but man she sure understands this year. Unfortunately I've been being bad and using it to my advantage she refused to use her potty until I told her that mickey mouse does not want any diapers in his parks but its working and after she goes she smiles and says Mickeys happy but hey it works right....
Oh my gosh, I have a feeling we might have to try the same deception on Everett. Potty training isn't going so well around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Your story about your mom getting ready for the airport was hilarious... although I know it wasn't very funny at the time. Reminds me of my DW. I regularly tell her we have to leave about a half hour earlier than the actual time.

It's too bad that Everett had to make up for his good behavior after the plane landed, but I think I'd much rather deal with an uncooperative toddler on the ground rather than in a plane, so I'll call that a small victory for you.
You are right, I'd much rather have him acting up once on terra firma than surrounded by people that can't escape. Unfortunately his bad behavior didn't end there...
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #55
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Ah, traveling with a little one. I always seem to have the opposite problem. I am worried about everything going wrong, so I budget way too much time and we end up cooling our heels at the gate for an hour or more. Which is fine with adults, but is trickier with a little one. I always hate to pull out any fun distracting items I brought before we get on the plane- don't want them to get boring too fast!
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #56
amazingact21
Upendi

I'm glad you all made it on your flight and there weren't any airport troubles (aside from the missed exit). I'm absolutely paranoid about being on time (thanks to the military, I'm used to "be there at 3 means show up fifteen minutes early.) so I would've been having a heart attack leaving 30 minutes late. But alls well that ends well, I suppose.

Aww, maybe by next April Everett will get that pre-Disney excitement!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #57
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Wow! I'm so glad you made it in time. I would be totally stressed out all morning. YAY for arriving though! Whew, I got stressed out for you and I forgot things that I was going to say.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #58
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Ugh, I know that feeling. I was panicked because we were running behind schedule the morning of our trip, but a slow poke mom sure beats the heck out of the reason we were running late!!!

Poor Everett with his black eye! I love his answer..."Ummm, okay." Toddlers...

As long as your butt was in the seat before the cabin doors close I guess that is all that matters.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #59
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Oh boy your mom would have given ME a coronary. I hate being late anywhere - it really drives me crazy. I think after about 10 minutes I'd have packed up her makeup and said she could do it in the car...

I HAVE NEVER HEARD THAT ABOUT MILITARY BYPASSING SECURITY LINES (well not bypassing but getting in the employee line)?! WHAT!? Give me more info! Providence airport is a breeze but Orlando sucked! Can I show my CAC Card? That'd be amazing. Where is the employee line?

Awesome to get the minivan (though, I very much dislike minivans, but the space must have been nice!). I'm glad Everett was an angel on the plane, so awesome.

TOO FUNNY about his reaction. I'm sorry he wasn't more excited, yes I would think a 2 year old would be but who knows?!! Playing with friends is probably just as much fun to them...ugh!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #60
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Subbing on...

Congrats on your new baby! & Everett is pretty darn cute.

I love your "herd of turtles" description... been there myself...

I'm curious what your verdict turns out to be...

but I don't think there is any perfect age for Disney...there are good and not so good points of every age...

it's all about your expectations...

I'm guessing that you had an awesome but perhaps sometimes challenging time... (& also with being pregnant -right between your 2nd and 3rd trimesters...)
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: